Movies and tv shows discussion

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Was busy last weekend, but got the chance to see Across the Spider-verse last night. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait for next year, will definitely give it another watch (or two) before that.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone watch the TV series Dark? I'm starting the first episode, in hopes of more mindbending weirdness like Archive 81 or VHS.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, HIGHLY recommend Coherence!!! I can't remember if I already recommended it, but amazing mindbending strangeness.

Coherence...watch it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, HIGHLY recommend Coherence!!! I can't remember if I already recommended it, but amazing mindbending strangeness.

Coherence...watch it.
For some reason, I still haven't watched that.
I'll try to watch it in the next few days.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I did recommend it already? Lol I can't remember anything 😆
Honestly, I'm not sure. LOL.
But I've seen it many times, and thought about watching it.
But your recommendation pushed it over the top.
I'll definitely give it a watch!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone watch the TV series Dark? I'm starting the first episode, in hopes of more mindbending weirdness like Archive 81 or VHS.
I really enjoyed that show. It can be hard to follow all the character connections though, there should be a site (or there was) that allows you to update it based on which season and episode you are on so that it can keep you up to date with what is going on without spoiling anything that will happen in later episodes.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really enjoyed that show. It can be hard to follow all the character connections though, there should be a site (or there was) that allows you to update it based on which season and episode you are on so that it can keep you up to date with what is going on without spoiling anything that will happen in later episodes.
Right on. I only made it a couple minutes into the first episode so I'll try again another day.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Coherence...watch it.
That was Trippy!
If anyone is looking for a mind-bending Sci-fi movie... This is it!

unnamed.jpg

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was busy last weekend, but got the chance to see Across the Spider-verse last night. Absolutely loved it. Can't wait for next year, will definitely give it another watch (or two) before that.
We rewatched Into the Spider-Verse on Saturday then watched Across the Spider-Verse Sunday. I agree with you, I also absolutely loved it. No Way Home was great but this felt like a better multiverse movie.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We rewatched Into the Spider-Verse on Saturday then watched Across the Spider-Verse Sunday. I agree with you, I also absolutely loved it. No Way Home was great but this felt like a better multiverse movie.
I haven’t enjoyed the current Spidey live action movies, but I LOVE these animated ones.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

i heard its really good .. i believe theres 2 shows called Dark .. one is dubbed/subtitles which i hear is better.

but lmk if you start it and how you like it

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i heard its really good .. i believe theres 2 shows called Dark .. one is dubbed/subtitles which i hear is better.

but lmk if you start it and how you like it
Had some trouble with the first 20 minutes, so I'll have to try again lol.

Yellowbrickroad was pretty bad, couldn't finish it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Netflix arnold out - 3 episodes total.

5 mins in and i have decided that im going to gym again after work.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Netflix arnold out - 3 episodes total.

5 mins in and i have decided that im going to gym again after work.
Watched them over the weekend and I enjoyed them. Episode 1 is my fav as it revolves around him as an athlete. I found all 3 episodes to be a relaxed viewing experience. Ive read his auto biography so not much new stuff. But I got a bit more insight into his run as a Governor. Living in Sweden we dont really get that much deep info about american politics if we dont seek it out.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched them over the weekend and I enjoyed them. Episode 1 is my fav as it revolves around him as an athlete. I found all 3 episodes to be a relaxed viewing experience. Ive read his auto biography so not much new stuff. But I got a bit more insight into his run as a Governor. Living in Sweden we dont really get that much deep info about american politics if we dont seek it out.
yeah one episode in and thought the same .. was pretty awesome, didnt expect weider to come in this soon but assume they are gonna pack in alot in next 2 episodes

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Watched the new McGregor document series the last weekend. Was pretty good. High quality production and clearly better, than the previous Conor documentary, IMO. Nothing amazing, but I'd say worth a watch for any MMA fan (even if not a fan of McGregor).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Black Mirror Season 6 Ep 1 is so awesome. You must see it now.
oh wow i love that show .. didn't knew they were doing new seasons
will check it out

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so watched The Flash on Saturday. First et me say that if you can't stand Ezra Miller then avoid it, he is in like 95% of the scenes. Also, do you know whats more annoying than Ezra Miller? 2 of him, just saying.

I enjoyed the movie mostly for Batman (Batmen?) SuperGirl and other cameos. The story is something we have seen before but the spectacke of it was cool. Id give it a 7/10

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

3 EPISODES in .. pretty x-rated show .. i love it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so watched The Flash on Saturday. First et me say that if you can't stand Ezra Miller then avoid it, he is in like 95% of the scenes. Also, do you know whats more annoying than Ezra Miller? 2 of him, just saying.

I enjoyed the movie mostly for Batman (Batmen?) SuperGirl and other cameos. The story is something we have seen before but the spectacke of it was cool. Id give it a 7/10
I didn't know who Ezra Miller is, so I Google him. I think I'll pass on that movie lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't know who Ezra Miller is, so I Google him. I think I'll pass on that movie lol
lol
he's a decent actor and perfect flash .. his head just isnt right or needs help in real life.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
lol
he's a decent actor and perfect flash .. his head just isnt right or needs help in real life.
Naw man his Flash is about as bad as an interpretation for Barry Allen as you can get. I’ve got lots of issues with those movies, but Barry Allen is pretty high on the list of things that left me scratching my head all those years ago when it came out.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Naw man his Flash is about as bad as an interpretation for Barry Allen as you can get. I’ve got lots of issues with those movies, but Barry Allen is pretty high on the list of things that left me scratching my head all those years ago when it came out.
I should say, I'm not really a comic book guy, so I'm not a "purist"....
Some of my favorite movies are sci-fi, with humor.... So it's obvious why I'd like his performance as The Flash.
:)(y)

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I should say, I'm not really a comic book guy, so I'm not a "purist"....
Some of my favorite movies are sci-fi, with humor.... So it's obvious why I'd like his performance as The Flash.
:)(y)
That is fair. I am usually pretty fair in understanding that not everything is meant for me (which is why I've dipped out of the whole DCEU in general) and that characters can have different interpretations, but at a certain point I just have to wonder what is the point of using a specific character if he has literally zero in common with pretty much any other interpretation of said character. Should have just used a different character or different flash (there have been more than one) if they wanted to go that route.

I don't really have any intention of seeing The Flash though anyways, not my choice for interpretation and don't feel they really did enough build up to warrant using such a great story beat (Flashpoint) to waste it in a movie like that.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
rewatched the jim carey mask today

hubba hubba cameron diaz was a fox

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

3 EPISODES in .. pretty x-rated show .. i love it.
netflix?

I'm STILL binging Suits. like halfway through season 4 and recently saw it looks like there is a spinoff afterwards called Pearson (like Pearson Spectre...) I made the mistake of reading the description. don't do that if you're watching Suits first! the description is a bit of a Suits spoiler alert...

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
netflix?

I'm STILL binging Suits. like halfway through season 4 and recently saw it looks like there is a spinoff afterwards called Pearson (like Pearson Spectre...) I made the mistake of reading the description. don't do that if you're watching Suits first! the description is a bit of a Suits spoiler alert...
nah idol is on hbomax

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that works homie. I've become a total hbo junkie since firestick
they got some good stuff def .. before this i finished succession

also i believe new season of righetous gem stones just started

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
RGS, yes…good one too
are you caught up ?
i was very hesistant to start that , from reading the description.

honestly only reason i started was bc i saw Danny McBride was in it .. he cracks me up always
but after a 1-2 episodes when characters start to develop i fell in love with the show
adam devine and john goodman killed it as well.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hijack on AppleTV
1st ep is pretty damn intense.