Movies and tv shows discussion

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shrinking on Apple TV is a good watch. It is funny and also a drama with heart.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Idol is ok. Dirty for sure. I am kind of over it though already.

I started Warrior and I am hooked on that currently.
yeah the show itself really not a fan of it .. but yeah the dirty-ness keeps me hooked

Is warrior dubbed or in english ?
poster looks nice action packed

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went and saw Indiana Jones on Wednesday and I gotta say i enjoyed it. It felt like Indiana should feel like to me. Yeah he is old and yeah the cgi gets alot of talk. But I just found it really soothing and entertaining.

Started watching the new season of The Witcher yesterday but didnt get far enough to tell if its good or not.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah the show itself really not a fan of it .. but yeah the dirty-ness keeps me hooked

Is warrior dubbed or in english ?
poster looks nice action packed
It's in English and is not dubbed. At least as far as I can tell. Season 1 has a good pace and is hard to stop watching.

Finished The Idol just cause I was already invested. The ending is quite interesting.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hijack is blast. Ep 3 with a cliffhanger.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's in English and is not dubbed. At least as far as I can tell. Season 1 has a good pace and is hard to stop watching.

Finished The Idol just cause I was already invested. The ending is quite interesting.
I might start that tommorow

Idol ending was quite nice I thought .. who played who was a nice twist.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Idol is ok. Dirty for sure. I am kind of over it though already.

I started Warrior and I am hooked on that currently.
@kjscatch

is it the netflix series or the other one which 3 seasons ?
saw the trailer with the asian guy andrew koji (ah sahm) looks interesting

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Post workout…Just started Netlflix, Muscle and Mayhem…American Gladiators…..With a side of dominoes hand made pan, with extra beef…and a relaxing wind down tea…

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
last one with andrew koji is fucking sick
2 episodes in and agree its nice .. wish this bootleg site had subtitles, i dont understand the names they be saying lol

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2 episodes in and agree its nice .. wish this bootleg site had subtitles, i dont understand the names they be saying lol
Could always torrent it? also into the badlands is also another amazing show if you havent watch it. It does have a little bit of that crazy chinese over the top acrobatics like crouching tiger, but it is still really, really good.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep you are watching the right one. It's on MAX which I share with my brother in law.

Sucks how netflix took away sharing. Now we have to buy our own haha...I need it though for Muscle and Mayhem, The Witcher and that QB series.

Has anyone watched HEELS on Starz? Asking its about wrestling heels. It has the Green Arrow actor.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also The Legend of Vox Machina on amazon Prime is a solid animation if you are into that.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep you are watching the right one. It's on MAX which I share with my brother in law.

Sucks how netflix took away sharing. Now we have to buy our own haha...I need it though for Muscle and Mayhem, The Witcher and that QB series.

Has anyone watched HEELS on Starz? Asking its about wrestling heels. It has the Green Arrow actor.
oh nice i have maxx . yeah gonna start watching it there .. 4 episodes in and i love it.

yeah netflix was awesome .. they took away sharing and at the same time increase the costs .. i had to get out.

Could always torrent it? also into the badlands is also another amazing show if you havent watch it. It does have a little bit of that crazy chinese over the top acrobatics like crouching tiger, but it is still really, really good.
i watch them at work ..so have to stream.
ill check out the trailer of badlands .. why does it sound like its based from a game

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
oh nice i have maxx . yeah gonna start watching it there .. 4 episodes in and i love it.

yeah netflix was awesome .. they took away sharing and at the same time increase the costs .. i had to get out.

i watch them at work ..so have to stream.
ill check out the trailer of badlands .. why does it sound like its based from a game
Into the Badlands was pretty awesome. It just sucked that it got cancelled, so it just... ended. Without any structured end. I think they thought they would get at least one more season.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Into the Badlands was pretty awesome. It just sucked that it got cancelled, so it just... ended. Without any structured end. I think they thought they would get at least one more season.
oh yeah i hate it when that happens .. did that to one of my fav show "hannibal"
like how the fck u gonna end it with him escaping lol
(sorry for ruining it ) lol

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did anyone ever watch Blue Mountain State? I am not really into comedy tv shows, but that one had me pissing myself all the time. I love Thad...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did anyone ever watch Blue Mountain State? I am not really into comedy tv shows, but that one had me pissing myself all the time. I love Thad...
I'll have to try it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
oh yes ive seen it couple of times .. i love it yeah huge fan of thad and alex

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7 episodes in of warrior .. last 2 have been tough for me to get into it for some reason

plus hate it that 90% of episodes are all taking place in dark/nighttime .. too much light at work, wonder how boss will feel if i shut off the lights so can enjoy the show

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Sparta12 i choose to rewatch this since you reminded me .. my 3rd time around it
cant wait to laugh and get a boner at work

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Saw the new Mission Impossible last week. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Don’t think it tops fallout but ill be eagerly awaiting the part 2 in hopefully the not too distant future.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saw the new Mission Impossible last week. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Don’t think it tops fallout but ill be eagerly awaiting the part 2 in hopefully the not too distant future.
nice cant wait to see it .. i just gotta be in the mood.. jeesh another one ..isnt he like 60, props to him im just jealous lol

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it. To me Fallout still sits on the top but mostly because I am a Henry Cavill stan. But this probably is the best movie ive seen since Top Gun: Maverick.

We might have to wait a while now that Hollywood is on strike. But I do hope they can get it worked out.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
pretty amazing actor knowing hes doing his own stunts at this age.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
pretty good show on netflix if you are a football fan.
produced by goat peyton manning.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hit up Oppie last week. Movie theater was the busiest I've seen it in a long time between that and Barbie.

Oppie was pretty much everything I was hoping out of it. Really enjoyed, only negative is now the long wait for whatever Nolan decides to do next.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agre
pretty good show on netflix if you are a football fan.
produced by goat peyton manning.

View attachment 234636
I agree. Good show and excited for Season 2. I will be rooting for Kirk Cousins that's for sure. I was a little disappointed in how much swearing they aired of PM but it was all in competitive spirit and nothing towards anyone. Not against swearing at all and I love me some PM but as a role model and face of the NFL, I think they could have toned it down a little.

I watched the new Transformers movie last night. It was OK. Nothing that will blow you away.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hit up Oppie last week. Movie theater was the busiest I've seen it in a long time between that and Barbie.

Oppie was pretty much everything I was hoping out of it. Really enjoyed, only negative is now the long wait for whatever Nolan decides to do next.
cant go wrong with nolan movies .. i might wait a while to see this one just have too much going on where i only watch stuff at work and busy with family after 5pm

im actually avoiding a trailer not that i know will give anything away but nolan always have that twist in movies which i love.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agre

I agree. Good show and excited for Season 2. I will be rooting for Kirk Cousins that's for sure. I was a little disappointed in how much swearing they aired of PM but it was all in competitive spirit and nothing towards anyone. Not against swearing at all and I love me some PM but as a role model and face of the NFL, I think they could have toned it down a little.

I watched the new Transformers movie last night. It was OK. Nothing that will blow you away.
yup on season 2 .. yeah just seeing 2 episodes how can u not cheer for any of these guys .. mahomes ill hate forever bc him & burrow will stand in a way of josh allen for next decade lol .. but dude is just amazing which u cant deny

was interesting to see he has his own throwing coach and those angle throws come from his past baseball career

heard peyton wants josh allen next year but havent heard anything but with off season drama i dont think it would be wise .. wonder if it will always be like
1 top tier qb
2 someone who always gets close but doesnt get on main stage
3 possible comeback player

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cant go wrong with nolan movies .. i might wait a while to see this one just have too much going on where i only watch stuff at work and busy with family after 5pm

im actually avoiding a trailer not that i know will give anything away but nolan always have that twist in movies which i love.
Ya I totally get that. I feel Nolan's movies are worth seeing (especially in Imax) in theaters due to his filming methods, but I also don't really love the act of driving to the movies and then sitting there with a bunch of people. :)

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Angus Cloud from Euphoria is dead. I watched the show because of his acting chops. RIP

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone seen Justified: City Primeval? It looked like a mash up of Justified and The Wire. Dear lord it is neither! It's like a generic cop show, guest starring Raylen Givens. His actual daughter plays his daughter and she's really bad! The villain would be offed by Boyd Crowder in an episode. Back to Justified reruns for me.
I haven't seen it yet. I'm confused - what did you mean by the line about Boyd? Are you saying that Boyd did make an appearance in it?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No, sorry about that. The villain is plain as vanilla and he wouldn't last an episode on the original. Raylen is still great in all his scenes, but it lacks the charm of Justified and the realism of The Wire.
Thanks for explaining. It got my attention when you said the villain would be offed by Boyd because that was one of the main reasons that I hadn't watched any of it yet was because they'd said Boyd wouldn't be on there.

I really enjoyed the original Justified and I was worried it wouldn't be the same when they brought it back. I'll probably check it out at some point, but I don't watch a lot when its still on. I'm more likely to wait until something is over and then just watch an episode or two a night while I'm trying to get my brain to slow down so I can sleep.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My only complaint about Oppenheimer: Didn't dig the Matt Damon casting. Didn't really buy him as Groves, just felt off.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I read a bunch of reviews on IMDB and most of them were pretty bad. I'm such a huge fan of the original that against my better judgement, I watched the 1st 2 episodes. I'll wait until they all air and check the reviews again to see if there's any improvement. I don't have high hopes.
I've pretty much given up on shows bc they always screw up anything I like haha.

And if they bring them back, they screw them up even worse lol.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Watched 65 last night. Not very good. Also finished The Witcher season 3. Season 3 is a let down compared to 1 and 2. Will still watch season 4 with Liam Hemsworth but will have low expectations anf will expect it to be like The Witcher Blood Origin with low special effects and poorer acting. Will still be a fun watch. I plan on reading The Witcher books.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're right about 65, it was pretty boring. It seemed like a fun creature feature, but just didn't deliver. I couldn't get past episode 4, season 1 of Witcher. It just didn't hook me.
I actually enjoyed season 1 more the 2nd time I watched it since I understood what was happening.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I read a bunch of reviews on IMDB and most of them were pretty bad. I'm such a huge fan of the original that against my better judgement, I watched the 1st 2 episodes. I'll wait until they all air and check the reviews again to see if there's any improvement. I don't have high hopes.
A little disappointing to hear, but it is still on my very short to watch tv list eventually (mostly into movies right now). FWIW though its sitting above 8 on IMDB, people who post actual comment reviews generally tend to pile on with negatives, brigading, or review bombing (or the opposite) in my experience.

I've pretty much given up on shows bc they always screw up anything I like haha.

And if they bring them back, they screw them up even worse lol.
Ya I physically cringe every time something old is "brought back" lately. I'd rather people just keep making new stuff (good and bad) than continually try to re-visit past successes.

Yeah this writer/actor strike is no sweat off my balls, most new stuff is trash and there's plenty of stuff I haven't seen yet or could easily re watch. I haven't even watched The Sopranos yet.
That is just because most people don't remember all the garbage shows of the past and/or with streaming they are more in your face than just on at some time slot that you miss. There are plenty of good movies and shows coming out, you just have to know what kind of genres, styles, and those who produce the kind of things you like to keep an eye out for.

Watched 65 last night. Not very good. Also finished The Witcher season 3. Season 3 is a let down compared to 1 and 2. Will still watch season 4 with Liam Hemsworth but will have low expectations anf will expect it to be like The Witcher Blood Origin with low special effects and poorer acting. Will still be a fun watch. I plan on reading The Witcher books.
Just skip the show and read the books then play the games. I watched the first season because I like Cavill, but the show has pretty much been pretty average compared to the other sources since the beginning.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just skip the show and read the books then play the games. I watched the first season because I like Cavill, but the show has pretty much been pretty average compared to the other sources since the beginning.
Would you recommend starting with The Last Wish or Sword of Destiny first?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I started with the last wish when I read I believe.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ya I physically cringe every time something old is "brought back" lately. I'd rather people just keep making new stuff (good and bad) than continually try to re-visit past successes.
One of my personal pet peeves is when they bring back a popular character that was written off in a nice way and they bring them back just to kill them or when they reboot a show and have an original character come back just to kill them off. Whenever that happens, I'm usually done with a show.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 premiers on Disney plus today.
I'm going to watch it tonight, if I have time.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any horror/creature feature buffs here? Looking forward to watching "Talk to me" A Haunting in Venice, The last Voyage of the Demeter, the new Insidious and the Meg 2 (for stupid shark fun)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any horror/creature feature buffs here? Looking forward to watching "Talk to me" A Haunting in Venice, The last Voyage of the Demeter, the new Insidious and the Meg 2 (for stupid shark fun)
I'm looking forward to Last Voyage of Demeter - my daughter and me both love horror movies. And I'm looking forward to Meg 2. Already asked the manager of the theater here if I can bring a stuffed shark with me to the movie - he let me do that for a Jaws marathon a couple years ago. It's like a 4 foot stuffed shark and we set him up with popcorn and everything haha.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 premiers on Disney plus today.
I'm going to watch it tonight, if I have time.
You just made my whole night. I am on single Dad duty for the next 5 days with my 7, 5 year old and 20 month old. Something to look forward to at night! Love em but I don't know how people are stay at home parents! Let alone be single parents. Bravo to them.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really a horror fan, but looking forward to A Haunting in Venice. I like a lot of Kenneth Branagh’s work and even if they aren’t amazing I can’t help but enjoy any sort of murder mystery (especially anything related to Agatha Christie).

There are some horror films I should check out, just usually can’t get myself interested enough. 😞