Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will do it today, as the session will be long -and report back.
Not yet. Might add it to my pre tomorrow. I have been hammering the arginine the past 2 months and started building a tolerance, so I will see how it goes? habajaba

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
So you're saying you are going to swim for your cardio today?

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Started a torrential rain and gym got cancelled. Next workout will be Monday.
Looking forward to today's report on RPG + Cordygen. Better be a good one since you slacked off Friday. ;-)

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope HGP is ok? Hasn't chimed in since posting the flood pic.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First session in the new year:

Mixed the Cordygen with RPG , took 300mg phenylpiracetam together with C4 stim, as an azz-kicker and went to gym to destroy it.

Chin ups BW/ SS / cable lat press down 75lbs
cu 15
lat 14
cu 10
lat 14
cu 8 rp 5 rp 3
lat 12 rp 7 rp 5

seated row 230lbs
14 rp 9
14 rp 8

lat pull down 230lbs
8 rp 4

kroc row
110lbs x10

biceps preacher curls machine
145lbs x 7
135 lbs x7 / 6 /5 rp 3 rp 3

flat DB bench press one armed alternating tut 3.1.1 / SS / calf raises
db 12
raises -a lot-
db 10
raises -many-
db 10
raises -a few-
db 8
raises -a few-

cable crossovers ---> first time different angles with good weight and without shoulder pain
2x45 lbs x 12/12/12/10/10/8/8/8/8 rp 5 rp 5 rp 4

cable one armed triceps over head ext. 35lbs/ ss flat bench DB triceps extensions 25lbs
cable 15
flat 14
cable 14
flat 16
cable 13
flat 12
cable 13
flat 9
cable 12
flat 7
cable 9
flat 7
cable 10
flat 8
cable 8
flat 6

seated leg press machine moderate weight 230lbs
25/22/20/23

Awesome session, thinking that the combo of stims with the RPG and Cordygen helped tremendously.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
First of all -- DANG -- you just confirmed you can CURL as much as I can BENCH! (I hate you! :) )

Second, be aware that phenylpiracetam has a VERY QUICK tolerance build up. Most reviewers say they've built tolerance as soon as 3 days of daily use.

phenylpiracetam is recommended as an OCCASIONAL dose when you really need a boost. Maybe once or twice a week, MAX.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all -- DANG -- you just confirmed you can CURL as much as I can BENCH! (I hate you! :) )

Second, be aware that phenylpiracetam has a VERY QUICK tolerance build up. Most reviewers say they've built tolerance as soon as 3 days of daily use.

phenylpiracetam is recommended as an OCCASIONAL dose when you really need a boost. Maybe once or twice a week, MAX.
Usually I don't go as heavy on the curls -but it felt good...always keep doing what feels good! I bet I could go heavier, the curls were AFTER chin ups and rows. I imagine maybe 165 lbs for 5-6.

Thanks for the tip about phenylpiracetam, I used it today the first time and plan to use it 2 times a week. Sadly, It builds tolerance as fast as Phenibut.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
First session in the new year:

Mixed the Cordygen with RPG , took 300mg phenylpiracetam together with C4 stim, as an azz-kicker and went to gym to destroy it.

Chin ups BW/ SS / cable lat press down 75lbs
cu 15
lat 14
cu 10
lat 14
cu 8 rp 5 rp 3
lat 12 rp 7 rp 5

seated row 230lbs
14 rp 9
14 rp 8

lat pull down 230lbs
8 rp 4

kroc row
110lbs x10

biceps preacher curls machine
145lbs x 7
135 lbs x7 / 6 /5 rp 3 rp 3

flat DB bench press one armed alternating tut 3.1.1 / SS / calf raises
db 12
raises -a lot-
db 10
raises -many-
db 10
raises -a few-
db 8
raises -a few-

cable crossovers ---> first time different angles with good weight and without shoulder pain
2x45 lbs x 12/12/12/10/10/8/8/8/8 rp 5 rp 5 rp 4

cable one armed triceps over head ext. 35lbs/ ss flat bench DB triceps extensions 25lbs
cable 15
flat 14
cable 14
flat 16
cable 13
flat 12
cable 13
flat 9
cable 12
flat 7
cable 9
flat 7
cable 10
flat 8
cable 8
flat 6

seated leg press machine moderate weight 230lbs
25/22/20/23

Awesome session, thinking that the combo of stims with the RPG and Cordygen helped tremendously.
Loving it. Nice session, HGP! And glad you're not dead. Leave that for all the peptides and research chems. :)

I find that Cordygen really shines by helping me get more breath and recover, cardio wise, between sets. I know you mixed it into a crazy HGP cocktail, but did you feel anything like that?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Nice work and I am glad you made it through that crazy weather!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loving it. Nice session, HGP! And glad you're not dead. Leave that for all the peptides and research chems. :)

I find that Cordygen really shines by helping me get more breath and recover, cardio wise, between sets. I know you mixed it into a crazy HGP cocktail, but did you feel anything like that?
I felt awesome and cut the pauses by half -but honestly, I can't tell which of the stuff I'm taking is helping most.
Will take tomorrow only the Cordygen to see how well it does. As for the RPG, I'm not feeling it -but I never felt BCAA's by itself, maybe because I take them always. BCAA's come second after protein, they are one of the few supps that are truly beneficial, IMHO. As the profile of RPG is more complete than most, I'll vouch for buying it regularly.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I felt awesome and cut the pauses by half -but honestly, I can't tell which of the stuff I'm taking is helping most.
Will take tomorrow only the Cordygen to see how well it does. As for the RPG, I'm not feeling it -but I never felt BCAA's by itself, maybe because I take them always. BCAA's come second after protein, they are one of the few supps that are truly beneficial, IMHO. As the profile of RPG is more complete than most, I'll vouch for buying it regularly.
I felt a little energy boost from RPG compared to my previous BCAA only product. I also train fasted, which may very well make a difference in this case. The difference is not crazy. But for a product packed full of natural goodies, like you mentioned, I feel better taking it compared to some other brands as well.

Sounds like you saw the same effects as I did with Cordygen. Again, not a crazy chemical compound that is going to be night and day difference. But it's definitely a staple for me anymore. Look forward to your report tomorrow!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I can't tell which of the stuff I'm taking is helping most.
I swear, with all the stuff you're taking, you should be required to have a "DANGER: FLAMMABLE! No Smoking Within 50 Feet" sign attached to you at all times!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Usually I don't go as heavy on the curls -but it felt good...always keep doing what feels good! I bet I could go heavier, the curls were AFTER chin ups and rows. I imagine maybe 165 lbs for 5-6.

Thanks for the tip about phenylpiracetam, I used it today the first time and plan to use it 2 times a week. Sadly, It builds tolerance as fast as Phenibut.
I'm, first off, I was out of the loop for a a bit and missed this....Great log HGP...As always. I am proud of you and you are definitely improving!

Second...You are curling that on a machine...What can you curl with a bar? Just curious...And embarrassed that you can almost curl on a preacher bench what I bench. Ego is hurting bad. Haha.

I did preacher curls with a bar tonight. 15 x 50 ....So if the machine translates to a bar weight well, you are more than twice as strong as me and almost 3x

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Awesome job !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I swear, with all the stuff you're taking, you should be required to have a "DANGER: FLAMMABLE! No Smoking Within 50 Feet" sign attached to you at all times!
LMAO!

It's not that much anymore:
Bulk:
600mg test/week 3x200mg
330mg 1-andro/day
30mg S-drol/day (still not sure if it really is S-drol, could be D-bol)
MGF post workout up to 600mcg, multiple injections
adex 0.5mg/day
RPG - BCAA's intra workout
4 different stims rotating daily before workout

Healing and tanning:
BPC-157 daily around knees and sometimes in bad shoulder
TB-500 maintenance 2 x week
Melanotan2 maintenance 2x week
Collagen2 six caps/day
Chondroitin+Glucsm.+MSM 8 caps/day
Fish oil 5 caps
He Shou Wu 30:1 extract 500mg/day

Other:
Ar1macare 8caps/day
Multi Vit 2 caps

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm, first off, I was out of the loop for a a bit and missed this....Great log HGP...As always. I am proud of you and you are definitely improving!

Second...You are curling that on a machine...What can you curl with a bar? Just curious...And embarrassed that you can almost curl on a preacher bench what I bench. Ego is hurting bad. Haha.

I did preacher curls with a bar tonight. 15 x 50 ....So if the machine translates to a bar weight well, you are more than twice as strong as me and almost 3x
I don't dare using a bar for curling, bad shoulder, remember? But I do seated concentration curls (one arm) with 55lbs for about 8 reps when fresh.
Years ago (when I was in puberty, like you) I curled standing with 65lbs DB's for 7-8 reps. But nowadays, most often I go light and slow.
Breaking PR's attracts the injury witch.
If you wanna compete, lets do DB curls standing against a wall, lets say with 2x35lbs, how many reps can you do? :mischievous:

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I don't dare using a bar for curling, bad shoulder, remember?
I'm curious... how does curling on the machine protect your shoulder vs a bar?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't dare using a bar for curling, bad shoulder, remember? But I do seated concentration curls (one arm) with 55lbs for about 8 reps when fresh.
Years ago (when I was in puberty, like you) I curled standing with 65lbs DB's for 7-8 reps. But nowadays, most often I go light and slow.
Breaking PR's attracts the injury witch.
If you wanna compete, lets do DB curls standing against a wall, lets say with 2x35lbs, how many reps can you do? :mischievous:
Ummm....You go first and I will tell you if you win.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Barbell curls activate your shoulders in two ways - your arms are hanging with a weight so the Delts activate to stabilize arms, hold the weight, etc.

But the most activation occurs when the bar comes toward your shoulders, at which point you need to raise your elbows to shorten your biceps which requires front delt activation....

Ok, I mostly made all that up.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It really does, I tried. The fixed motion on the machine inhibits some momentum that would fire the supraspinatus, I guess. Also, with a bar the shoulder tries to stabilize, if one side is lagging, the machine is fixed.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Barbell curls activate your shoulders in two ways - your arms are hanging with a weight so the Delts activate to stabilize arms, hold the weight, etc.

But the most activation occurs when the bar comes toward your shoulders, at which point you need to raise your elbows to shorten your biceps which requires front delt activation....
I don't see how any of those mechanics are different with a cable.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, like I said, I was making it up a little. But he is using a preacher machine...your elbows rest on a pad, which removes any elbow movement and relieves front felt activation . The machines usually have a bar that travels on a fixed plain also.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cable moves sideways too and the bar can go lower on one side. Not very stable, it activates muscles in the shoulder.
If you have shoulder issues (you mentioned something about it) try seated preacher curl on a machine, versus any bar, cable, z-bar, straight. I bet you can feel what I mean.
At least for me its only:
-standing bent forward DB curls (erect, shoulder gives alarm)
-seated concentration curls
-preacher machine
-main biceps activation I get from chin ups, weighted -or BW

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, like I said, I was making it up a little. But he is using a preacher machine...your elbows rest on a pad, which removes any elbow movement and relieves front felt activation . The machines usually have a bar that travels on a fixed plain also.
^^^ That's what I'm saying, you used fewer words because you are smart :)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^^ That's what I'm saying, you used fewer words because you are smart :)
Lmao....if using few words means you are smart...then I am screwed. I ramble more than anyone. And I think it took me three posts to come up with a hypothetical answer haha.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
When I curl on a preacher -- machine or DB, the leverage essentially tries to pull my shoulder straight out in front of me.

But, you're right -- at least with a machine, the motion is only in one direction, which I GUESS would lessen the chance for injury.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lmao....if using few words means you are smart...then I am screwed. I ramble more than anyone. And I think it took me three posts to come up with a hypothetical answer haha.
Maybe you are not very strong -but smart for sure.

Bam, that's for calling me 60 yo in another thread! :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I curl on a preacher -- machine or DB, the leverage essentially tries to pull my shoulder straight out in front of me.

But, you're right -- at least with a machine, the motion is only in one direction, which I GUESS would lessen the chance for injury.
You have to bring the shoulders forward, at least on the machine I use. As HIT4ME said, no elbow movement = apparently -no shoulder involvement.
Kaprice, watch your shoulder! I got paranoia after the injury. All started with discomfort when benching -and ended in months of struggle to get the damn shoulder healed. Interestingly, the tendon teared when doing front raises (heavy), not while benching -but I was warned early on and ignored it.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
You have to bring the shoulders forward, at least on the machine I use. As HIT4ME said, no elbow movement = apparently -no shoulder involvement.
Kaprice, watch your shoulder! I got paranoia after the injury. All started with discomfort when benching -and ended in months of struggle to get the damn shoulder healed. Interestingly, the tendon teared when doing front raises (heavy), not while benching -but I was warned early on and ignored it.
I'm definitely worried about my shoulders.

But, as for no shoulder movement if there's not elbow movement, that's demonstrably false.

If I hold my arm out in a 90 degree angle, stabilize my elbow, and then press down on my hand, the shoulder is a fulcrum and it pulls my shoulder forward. Try it.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely worried about my shoulders.

But, as for no shoulder movement if there's not elbow movement, that's demonstrably false.

If I hold my arm out in a 90 degree angle, stabilize my elbow, and then press down on my hand, the shoulder is a fulcrum and it pulls my shoulder forward. Try it.
Yes, yes.
Point is, watch the damn rotator cuff, bro! :)
...and don't get a biceps tear, -or hurt your knees -and watch your wrists, the lower back is important too. Did I mentioned hernia?

:) Now, sleep well!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Hah! Thanks for the bedtime story/nightmare!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, today I tried the sample pack of Cordygen-NanO2 from MST -@habajaba provided me with.
Downed it as a pre workout 30 minutes before gym. No intra workout BCAA's today to see if the Cordygen delivers something.

Standing DB press TUT 3.1.1.
2x35lbs x 14/12/12
2x45lbs x 10/9/9
2x35lbs x 12/11/10
2x40lbs x 8/8/7

Lateral raises 2x15lbs, keeping tension
50 sec /40 sec/35 sec/30 sec/30sec/20sec/20sec

Inclined DB reverse flies, keeping weights up
2x20lbs 20 sec/15 sec/ 15 sec/ 15 sec

Rope triceps push downs , concentrating on wrist twist, holding 2 sec pressed down
different weights, all rest pause sets and drop sets, about 200 reps total

Bent over rear delt rises 2x55lbs

24/18/19/15

z-bar shrugs
110lbs x 20/18/17/15/14

DB front raises holding and moving under tension
2x15lbs 35sec/25sec/25sec/20sec

Felt like the Cordygen gave me extra energy! My pauses between sets were ultra short and I was eager to keep moving! I have more samples left and will do the same tomorrow. If energy persists, Cordygen is GOLD!

[video=vimeo;197982359]https://vimeo.com/197982359[/video]

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So, today I tried the sample pack of Cordygen-NanO2 from MST -@habajaba provided me with.
Downed it as a pre workout 30 minutes before gym. No intra workout BCAA's today to see if the Cordygen delivers something.

2x35lbs x 14/12/12
2x45lbs x 10/9/9
2x35lbs x 12/11/10
2x40lbs x 8/8/7

Rope triceps push downs , concentrating on wrist twist, holding 2 sec pressed down

24/18/19/15

z-bar shrugs
110lbs x 20/18/17/15/14

Felt like the Cordygen gave me extra energy! My pauses between sets were ultra short and I was eager to keep moving! I have more samples left and will do the same tomorrow. If energy persists, Cordygen is GOLD!

Awesome Work! Brother

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanna pair of hairygrandpa arms!! Looking massive my friend!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established

2x35lbs x 14/12/12
2x45lbs x 10/9/9
2x35lbs x 12/11/10
2x40lbs x 8/8/7

24/18/19/15

z-bar shrugs
110lbs x 20/18/17/15/14

Awesome set, brother! I think this is where Cordygen really shines. With high rep, low rest lifts and cardio, it really speeds up recovery and adds some endurance.

Few things have actually raised my cardio ceiling. Cordygen and Epicat (in Epidrone) are the two that have been legit for me.

I used to be gasping for air and extending my breaks. With Cordygen, I breathe easier, speed up the breaks and keep the pace high.

The killer trifecta is RagNOrok 45min PWO, Cordygen 20min PWO, and RPG intra. I do like the Cordygen NanO2 Elite caps, too, because I can take them 45 before with my PWO. But right now I'm burning through a supply of powder that I stocked up on when it was on clearance. :)

Keep it comin', HGP. Loving this log!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I felt like sh1t. BP is way up, some headache and generally feeling weak. Couldn't imagine going to the gym. Had still doms in my triceps and forearms but went anyway.
Took only a sample pack of Cordygen-NanO2 pre-workout to see if it gives me more endurance.

Landmine press 65lbs TUT 3.1.1
12/10/10/10/10/10

DB pull overs 90lbs
10/10/8

Cable crossovers and flies, different weights
16 sets

Pull ups BW
9/ 5 rp 4 / 6 <---no strength today

cable Lat push down bar
70lbs 14/11
85lbs 9/7

After that I called it a day. Cordygen helped a bit. Overall a decent workout, could have been better.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crappy workouts from not feeling well always suck

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crappy workouts from not feeling well always suck
They suck azz. It's difficult to keep going once you notice that you have no strength.
I have no idea why, I slept 10 hours the night before, ate clean, pinned the usual sh1tload of peptides, test and whatnot.
Only thing I can think of is stress at work over the holidays to be the culprit.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Awesome job hitting it when you felt like azz ... might just be one of those days? .. hopefully you feel back to normal tomorrow !

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Nice job getting in anyway friend. Especially when it would be so easy to not go. Your arms and freaking crazy!