Methods of dropping water weight inorder to ship

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
im getting ready to ship soon for bootcamp and i was wondering if anyone knows of any good methods to drop weight in order to ship? I guess the corps doesn't tape ,so i HAVE to be at weight regardless of the fact i score really well doing pullups, crunches, and running. right now sitting at 215 about, need to be at 208.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Sauna? From what i hear that can help release some water weight, Not positive.

lamboruns

Awards
boxers and wrestlers can sweat that out in hours.. 1 gallon of water = 7lbs. thats why people wieght fluctautes so much day to day.

Unhealthy yes possible yes

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
yeah i hear you, i fluctuate all the darn time, technically i have till may 11th, but on the 24th we have an overnight boot camp and i want to be at weight by that day so i dont get a bunch of crap tossed at me from my SSGT. im pretty sure i can drop it, i know its not healthy, ive been running in a damn sauna suit.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thats insane that you have to be a certain weight. I knew a buddy was 260 at 9% bf with a 29 inch waste. Scored 98's on his physical training tests and he was "overweight" in boot camp by 40 lbs or more. Never had crap put his way, because all aspects of physical he had covered. If ur in good shape, i wouldnt worry about it. IF ur waist is huge, then maybe youll have problems. Its all a head game.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
nah, marine corps is hella strict at the moment, because i was supposed to ship feb 17th and they moved me to may 11th because i was 5 pounds over, total bs cuz the army, navy, airforce recruits were getting taped and they didnt tape me because im going marine corps. so its pretty much i HAVE to be at weight in order to ship unless they grant a waiver and last time they wouldnt because their quotas are full, alot of ppl have been enlisting because of the economy so they wouldnt grant a waiver for me.

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
nah, marine corps is hella strict at the moment, because i was supposed to ship feb 17th and they moved me to may 11th because i was 5 pounds over, total bs cuz the army, navy, airforce recruits were getting taped and they didnt tape me because im going marine corps. so its pretty much i HAVE to be at weight in order to ship unless they grant a waiver and last time they wouldnt because their quotas are full, alot of ppl have been enlisting because of the economy so they wouldnt grant a waiver for me.
my brother just left for the marines and this happened to him. He lost the water weight but weekly they do weighins at camp. He got sent home because he couldnt drop 3 lbs, at first it was water weight. So you have to move more than water weight. He ended up enlisting in the air force.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
oh wow,,no joke,,i didnt know that. ok well i can drop that much weight by may 11th for sure,,its just 8 pounds about. thanks for the heads up i wasnt aware of that.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow they have gotten hella strict! They never sent any recruits home for ANYTHING when I was in recruit training.

PS - Marines is spelled with a capital M. Don't ever let any hardcore old school Marine see you type it lower case!

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
my brother just left for the marines and this happened to him. He lost the water weight but weekly they do weighins at camp. He got sent home because he couldnt drop 3 lbs, at first it was water weight. So you have to move more than water weight. He ended up enlisting in the air force.
just curious though how good of shape is your brother in? because when we have our poole meetings once a month i beat everyone in crunches and i do very well with pullups and running also, i can only do 10 pullups but i mean i am the biggest guy there i dont think they would ship me home if i can pull my own weight.

Swag4Sale

Awards
I hate to call someone a liar, but the Marines would NOT send someone home for that. There had to be another situation like a failed drug test. On the island or in hollywood, there are things called PCP Platoons. These platoons are for those who dont meet the minimum while on the MCRD. You are in this platoon until you satisfy minimum requirements. I repeat, being sent home for not losing 3 lbs, is bs

americanmusul

americanmusul

Awards
dude if you get to boot camp over wieght they will not send you home you will just be put fat body platoon. i ask my brother he is a sergent in the marine corps.

americanmusul

americanmusul

Awards
meaning you will have a stricked died and will pt more

IamSOFAking

IamSOFAking

Banned
Awards
My brother is 5'10 235. 31 inch waist, six pack. 18 inch arms or so. His DI was a d!ck, and alot of guys were getting pushed out because of weight. Drugfree, no probs there. This was back in 02, maybe it has changed since then. He could do about 73 situps in a minute, about 90 pushups in a minute and 25-30 pullups. Beast, and he couldnt join. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
yeah,,,somethings off,,cuz if they said he needed to lose 3 pounds thats off cuz i KNOW 232 pounds is NOT the maximum weight for someone at 5'10, im 6'1 and the max weight is 208,so something had to have happened. not trying to be rude or say your a liar. although its still pretty gay they wouldnt let him join regardless.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I hate to call someone a liar, but the Marines would NOT send someone home for that. There had to be another situation like a failed drug test. On the island or in hollywood, there are things called PCP Platoons. These platoons are for those who dont meet the minimum while on the MCRD. You are in this platoon until you satisfy minimum requirements. I repeat, being sent home for not losing 3 lbs, is bs
Agreed, being sent home for ANYTHING is new to me. I remember being on suicide watch for guys who claimed they were gonna off themselves that didnt even get sent home and guys who broke body parts were just put in medical platoons until they healed and then they finished boot... Unless the Marines have changed drastically (lets face it, they havent and will not any time soon), I'd question this as well

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
PS - Youre getting screwed, The Marines at my MEPS got taped
,,damn,,yeah i was pretty pissed because A out of 21 recruits, i was the only Marine recruit, and me and maybe 4 other guys had flat stomachs, everyone else had these freakin beer bellies, and B we were talking about the physical requirements and someone asked about what the Marines have to do, and i mentioned pullups and like 5 or 6 guys perked up and they were telling me they cant even do 1. i was pretty pissed when they sent me home, and tell me im 5 pounds over,,oh well.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats bullshxt I was overweight when I first went and they taped me... guess it depends on the MEPS

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
yeah thats bullshxt I was overweight when I first went and they taped me... guess it depends on the MEPS
. oh well just makes me more determined so in boot ill bust my ass for sure. nothing you want in life comes easy.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
The bad thing about boot is everything you do is endurance based... i lost a ton of muscle

lamboruns

Awards
You def dont want too much slow you down muscle in Battle. I was in the army and all the SF guys, SEALs etc that I saw looked like TriAthletes. Lean and strong. Lots of endurance.

mankussm

mankussm

Awards
One Shot.... You knew that you would have to lose the weight when you joined also. You have a certain weight to join and one to ship. Don't start acting like the Marines aren't fair, because you knew what you were getting into. They don't tape applicants and they never have. They have a 10% over rule. That is where if you are within a lower standard you can still ship, but if they already have enough to ship that cycle then you are out of luck. The qualified ones get to go, and you will get bumped out. To prevent that you will need to stay on a strict diet with a good amount of water. Once your ship date comes up you can start to taper off of the water. LOTS AND LOTS OF Cardio. That trash bag you have been running in.... throw it in the garbage. The night before you go to Meps, get a hardcore sweat on to lose any additional water weight.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
One Shot.... You knew that you would have to lose the weight when you joined also. You have a certain weight to join and one to ship. Don't start acting like the Marines aren't fair, because you knew what you were getting into. They don't tape applicants and they never have. They have a 10% over rule. That is where if you are within a lower standard you can still ship, but if they already have enough to ship that cycle then you are out of luck. The qualified ones get to go, and you will get bumped out. To prevent that you will need to stay on a strict diet with a good amount of water. Once your ship date comes up you can start to taper off of the water. LOTS AND LOTS OF Cardio. That trash bag you have been running in.... throw it in the garbage. The night before you go to Meps, get a hardcore sweat on to lose any additional water weight.
i know sorry if i was seeming like i was complaining and saying its not fair, its not like im not in good physical standing thats why i was kinda pissed at first, id understand if i was overweight and couldnt pull myself around, but i can, i run at least 4 miles a day and im taking it up 6, i can do 93 crunches in 2 minutes and only 10 pullups at the moment but i mean i am a big guy, and seeing how i was the heaviest recruit but i can perform better than the ones that are at or below weight and they not ship me was kinda bs but ill drop the weight since that is what needs to happen. i do understand they have requirements and ill meet them, dieting wise ive been only drinking water and eating chicken salad, with some fruit each day thats about it.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
and seeing how i was 240 pounds and im down to 215, id say im doing a farely good job at showing the discipline to make weight. it sucks cuz im not near as strong as i used to be but thats the sacrifice ill make to join.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
very low carb diet for 4 or 5 days prior you should drop 4-5% of your body weight. Need to keep sodium low and do some aerobic exercise will help.

Bershirker

Awards
I believe you that the won't take you for your weight. I'm in the army currently, and have been for almost three years and guidelines have since become rules. At the moment, coincidentally, paperwork is being generated for my seperation from the army for a similiar reason. I weigh 215 at the moment fully hydrated (I can lose 10 lbs. in two days, easy. 4 mile runs+sauna+hot showers) and the standard for my 5'11" height is 195. We are allowed taping when we weigh over, but it is computed with a neck to waist ratio, which is probably the least accurate method of computing bodyfat ever discovered by man. I wear size 34 pants but because I was severely overweight when I was younger, I have love handles despite the fact that the rest of my body is lean. My neck is small, 15", and my waist comes in at 39", so according to them, I have 26% bodyfat.

I can do 73 pushups in two minutes, 90 situps, and I run a two-mile in 14:30. I have never been given a negative counseling or action, every Sgt. in my platoon has issued a request for my retention, and my profession requires 11 months of training and we are at only 71% strength as it is. By no act of common sense should I be discharged, but welcome to the military, my friend, where rules are unbreakable and physical standards of bodyfat apparently haven't changed in 30 years. Meanwhile, my friend who hasnt passed his physical test in over 9 months is fine, because he's thin and weak.

You got to deal with it, bro. Take your time and drop the weight healthily. Find a local gym that offers cross-fit classes. They'll drop that weight in a heartbeat.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
damn im sorry, yeah i know that is how it is though, ill play by their rules. im sorry thats happening to you.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
,,,and God i hate my love handles,,i cannot get rid of them,,,ill have to have NO bodyfat if i want them gone it seems like,,,orrr,,i can cut them off lol.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
,,,and God i hate my love handles,,i cannot get rid of them,,,ill have to have NO bodyfat if i want them gone it seems like,,,orrr,,i can cut them off lol.
Im the same way bro... i came out of boot and still had them at the leanest ive ever been... ill never get rid of them without a ridiiculous diet