xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the book UD 2.0 Lyle Macdonald actually recommends taking NA-R-ALA during the refeed meals.
This stuff is capable of things that make it a must have tool in the box. In my experience you can eat like a horse and not gain fat with it, and likewise eat like a sparrow and not loose sensitivity to insulin in the case of crash dieting.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say I buy about 90 percent of my groceries there , I’ll go to the grocery store for the things I can’t get at Costco . Off the top of my head, egg creations cheese and chives I always get from the grocery store . Though often times I just get the club pack of egg whites at Costco . The only other real thing I can think of are things crispy minis or pb2 powder . If Costco started carrying them though I would just go to Costco
Same here! Heck majority of my diet is eggs, rice, chicken, PB, and oatmeal which I get all at Costco. Then of course seasonings and sauces i get at another grocery chain.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Same here! Heck majority of my diet is eggs, rice, chicken, PB, and oatmeal which I get all at Costco. Then of course seasonings and sauces i get at another grocery chain.
I love KD shaker , I use it with Greek Yogurt to make a kinda sauce and mix in some red chilli pepper to boot . I’m big on the flavour god and the g Hughes sauces . The Walden farms maple syrup isn’t half bad either . I get the protein pancake mix from Costco and add a scoop of whey to that and then heat up

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is capable of things that make it a must have tool in the box. In my experience you can eat like a horse and not gain fat with it, and likewise eat like a sparrow and not loose sensitivity to insulin in the case of crash dieting.
I’m trying to stay pretty on point with everything and tracking diligently, so we will see how things shake out by the end of the six weeks . I’m excited !

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift/ Press Day

I kinda took my time going through todays workout . I’m pretty beat and the carb up yesterday left me a bit groggy, near the halfway mark in the workout I really woke up and felt strong though .

Deadlifts

Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5

Working sets
245x5
265x5
285x5
325x5
365x5

Next up

Stiff leg deadlifts
275x6 reps for 5 sets

Next up

Rack pulls
225x5
245x5
275x5
295x5
315x5

Next up

Over head press

45x5
55x5
65x5
85x5
95x5
105x5
120x5

Next up

Seated Barbell overhead press
95x8 for 5 sets

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of calf raises and 3 sets of cable ab crunches to failure .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I did much better today on the Macros . Just about perfect . I’m a little high on the protein but today was way easier than yesterday for eating . I kicked off the evening carb load with 700 grams of red grapes. After this I had chicken dumpling for dinner with baby potatoes diced into quarters . For dessert I had some rice pudding and another big bowl of vector maple syrup cereal. I followed this up with a couple of bagels with jelly . I finished up the carb load with a bowl of pretzels . I kept the fats low and was just a touch high on the protein . I think I did this carb load well and it went down much easier than yesterday . I will see how I look tomorrow morning. To see how it all worked out . Tomorrow calories will be set to maintenance and Sunday will be a slight -10 percent deficit to kick off the beginning of the week.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love KD shaker , I use it with Greek Yogurt to make a kinda sauce and mix in some red chilli pepper to boot . I’m big on the flavour god and the g Hughes sauces . The Walden farms maple syrup isn’t half bad either . I get the protein pancake mix from Costco and add a scoop of whey to that and then heat up
Yep I'm a big g hughes sugar free sauce fan. Can't get much better than those!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weight is up but that is to be expected . I started the log in a bit of a depleted glycogen state so it makes sense that adding a bunch of carbs back in world cause a rapid swing in weight . This morning I weighed in at 187.5, which means my glycogen reserves are just about fully filled up going into next week.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Huge weight fluctuations from the carb loading .

I woke up today at 189.3. My weight hasn’t been that high since March/ beginning of April . I definitely started this log very carb depleted due to my eating style before hand . I was following lean gains and for the most part my carbs were low. Max 100 grams a day . I checked my calorie averages across 7 days last week and it only had be clocked Ib around 2560 . My maintenance calories are around 2600. This is all water weight from the carb loading . I’m sure as the log goes on this will stabilize. I’ll let you guys know what I weigh in at on Thursday Morning to see if it drastically swings back the other way . It should if I manage to deplete my glycogen properly .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Depletion workout . Boring but big style squats and bench today!

Squats
45x5
135x5
185x5

Workings sets
205x10 reps for 5 sets

Superset with

Dips x20 reps for 5 sets

Next up
Bench press
155x12 reps x 5 sets

Super set

Bulgarian split squats

18 pounds per arm x 15 reps per leg x 5 sets

2 x super set

Hammer curls 18 pounds per arm x 20 reps for 5 sets

Next up

Close grip bench press
115x12 for 5 sets

Super set

Underhand pull ups
X12 reps for 5 sets

Added to cable ab crunches x 3 sets at the end

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Felt super groggy today . I’m not used to eating so many carbs . Saturday and Sunday I ate at maintenance calories averaging around a gram per pound of body weight of carbs . Fat was 35-50 grams per day and protein was the rest . Idk I was pretty bloated this morning . I may really scale back the calories on Saturday/ Sunday to a deficit to see if I feel better from that . Saturday morning I woke up and I looked good . Nice and full , the continuation of filling glycogen on Saturday through Sunday may have been overkill despite not over eating calories .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Bloat is gone , energy has stabilized , feel way better today . Weight was down to 186 this morning .

Boring But Big style Deadlifts / press

Deadlifts
Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5

Working sets
245x10 reps for 5 sets

Super set

Overhead press
85x12 x 5 sets

Next

Barbell rows
135x15 reps x 5 sets

Super set

Safety bar good mornings
105x20 reps x 5 sets >>> I’ll start to increase the weight on these now , I have gotten used to the movement pattern .

Next up

Lying Tricep ez bar extensions
75 x 20 reps for 5 sets

Super set

Concentration curls
27 pounds x 15 reps x 5 sets per arm

I finished up the work out with 3 sets of calf raises + 3 sets of side laterals at 12 pounds plus 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure . I didn’t count any of the reps just pumped them out to near failure .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
How is the mass shift treating you??
It’s a little early to say. One thing of note with this stack is quality of sleep has improved . I also have been experiencing an uptick in libido lately without giving too much information . This is really good as for awhile there it was pretty low . So waking up again “excited” is definitely a big plus . I believe that is attributed to the B-AET, but I could be wrong . I think we will need more time to really assess how the Mass-Effect work which is why I took before photos and have move calories into a slight surplus . Ideally at the end of the 6 weeks weight will be up a few month without a loss of definition.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
damn dude you have that lean lightweight boxer look 💪🤘

I just picked up some mass shift as well, looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you.
Thanks man, I’ve been trying my best to really stay on top of things

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
5 Pros Squat/ Bench Day week 2

A bit lighter this week as the program prescribes. I added an additional triple to the end of each 5 pro’s just to keep a bit of weight on the bar .

Squat
Warm up
135x5
165x5
185x5
205x3

Working sets
225x5
255x5
285x5
305x3

Bench press
Warm up
45x5
135x5
155x3

Working sets
165x5
190x5
225x5
245x3

Next I did a super set

Machine hack squats
315x12 reps x 5 sets

Superset
Close grip bench press
155x10 x 5 sets

Next I did

Double underhand Chin ups with 55 pounds around waist x 6 reps for 5 sets

Super set

Dips with 55 pounds around waist for 5 sets at 6 reps .

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of cable ab crunches to failure .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
5 Pros Press/Deadlift Day

Happy it’s Friday ! Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Deadlifts

Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5
245x3

Working sets
265x5
295x5
345x5
385x3

Press
Warm up
45x5
55x5
65x3

Working sets
85x5
95x5
115x5
125x3

Stiff leg deadlifts
275x6 reps for 5 sets

Rack pulls
225x5
245x5
275x5
295x5
315x5

Seated barbell over head press
95x 10 reps for 5 sets

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of calf raises super setted with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure
That's my go to for abs. I do them at least twice a week if not three times a week.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
That's my go to for abs. I do them at least twice a week if not three times a week.
Yeah I really like them , they just hit well. I have an an ab roller kicking around somewhere . May try that out during my next cycle of 531

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weight ticked up a bit more last week . I’m not super concerned at this point about how fast it has moved up . I’m fairly certain the number isn’t actual weight gain but is water/ extra food in the belly. I will give it a few more weeks of the same calories / days of eating to see if it continues to trend upward or levels out . (2.5 pounds weight gain in 2 weeks)

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Here’s something I’m noticing big time . I have mellowed out a lot . Nothing really seems to bother me lately, I’m just calm . I have what most people would consider a very stressful job but lately I’ve just been chill, every problem seems to slide off me and I keep a level head where in the past I may have lost my temper . It’s been really good . I think that may be the B-AET and if someone can verify that for me , how long can I stay on this stuff ? It’s a good time .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout

Glycogen Depletion workout 531 BBB squats/ bench day

Squats

Warm up
45x5
135x5
185x5

Working sets 205x10>>> I did these more light pause squat style and went deep then exploded up

Bench
Warm up
45x5
95x5
135x5

155x15 for 5 sets

Super set

Bulgarian split squats

27 pounds per arm x 15 reps per leg x 5 sets

Super set

Hammer curls x 15 reps at 27 pounds for 5 sets

Next up

Close grip bench press
95x 20 reps for 5 sets

Super setted with lying leg raises 5 sets to failure .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Workout

Glycogen Depletion workout 531 BBB squats/ bench day

Squats

Warm up
45x5
135x5
185x5

Working sets 205x10>>> I did these more light pause squat style and went deep then exploded up

Bench
Warm up
45x5
95x5
135x5

155x15 for 5 sets

Super set

Bulgarian split squats

27 pounds per arm x 15 reps per leg x 5 sets

Super set

Hammer curls x 15 reps at 27 pounds for 5 sets

Next up

Close grip bench press
95x 20 reps for 5 sets

Super setted with lying leg raises 5 sets to failure .
Squat and Bench on the same day! Idk if my nervous system could take that :LOL:

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Got up early today ! Decided to get in and get it done

BBB Style Deadlift/ Press

Did these in a super set

Deadlifts

Warm up 135x5
185x5
225x5

Working sets
245x10 reps for 5 sets

Overhead press
85x12 for 5 sets

Next I did

Barbell rows
135x15 reps for 5 sets

Super set

Good mornings
115x20 x 5 sets

Then I did an arm blast

Lying Tricep extensions
20 reps at 75 pounds for 5 sets

EZ bar curls
75 pounds x 15 reps for 5 sets

I threw in some random side laterals and calf raises in the workout and with cable ab crunches to failure
3 sets each .

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here’s something I’m noticing big time . I have mellowed out a lot . Nothing really seems to bother me lately, I’m just calm . I have what most people would consider a very stressful job but lately I’ve just been chill, every problem seems to slide off me and I keep a level head where in the past I may have lost my temper . It’s been really good . I think that may be the B-AET and if someone can verify that for me , how long can I stay on this stuff ? It’s a good time .
probably more of a @Renew1 question there.
I have felt the same way in the last few months with a few of my supplements. I'm not on AET yet but maybe there is a similar benefit. Although it's also summer time and I'm a prime SAD candidate with PNW winters so mine may or may not be supplement related.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It definitely could be the AET-50.
It helps me relax and sleep better at night.
You could probably stay on it forever ... but we usually recommend a short break after 3 months or so.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
definitely cessation of AET-50 would be in order if you feel any discomfort in your joints. that's a sure sign you have reached your limit.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it’s been a doozy 😖☝.

I may take a deload week next week 🤣
That's always good to do every once in awhile to reset!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Another day , another morning cardio session

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Hit the gym before work today, wanted to get the workout done before it got too hot out . My gym doesn’t have A/C and so that gives me motivation to get it done in the A.M.

5 Pros Squat / Bench Day.

The weight for these in week 3 of the cycle felt really very bang on . I think I’m going to keep this training max for the next cycle and not increase it . The weight was heavy but not too heavy and I was able to get really clean reps with great form while not feeling like it was too heavy . I always like to work with a bit lighter of weights and make small jumps, I feel like this helps me avoid snapping anything up .

5 PROS

Squats
Warm up
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x3

Working sets
255x5
295x5
315x5

Bench

Warm up
45x5
135x5
155x3

Working sets
190x5
225x5
245x5

Next up

Hack Squats
360x8 reps for 5 sets

Super set

Close grip bench press
155x8 reps for 5 sets

Next up

Weighted Chin ups and Weighted Dips

70 pounds x 5 reps for 5 sets of each exercise .

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of hanging leg raises to failure super setted with 3 sets of EZ curl barbell curls at 75 pounds repping out , back and forth between the two exercises.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Went to the hill at the conservation area near my work .

I did 10 rounds of hill sprints . Sprinting up the hill and then walking back down . I stuck to 10 sprints as I didn’t want to over due it before my workout tomorrow morning . We will see how I feel tomorrow , maybe next week I could add a few more . HIIT workout took about 15 minutes .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Went to the hill at the conservation area near my work .

I did 10 rounds of hill sprints . Sprinting up the hill and then walking back down . I stuck to 10 sprints as I didn’t want to over due it before my workout tomorrow morning . We will see how I feel tomorrow , maybe next week I could add a few more . HIIT workout took about 15 minutes .
Hill sprints will get your heart rate up for sure!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
5 PROS

Deadlift/ Press Day

Got in early and got it done . I think next week I will take a deload week , I have been feeling a bit beat up. I will be following 531 week 7 protocol . After this I plan on running 531 Off Season For Mass. I think doubling down on the main lifts for the last 3 weeks was a bit much and led to me needing a deload . I’m going to run more of a standard bulking program . For the Monday/ Tuesday workouts, I’ll still emphasize higher rep work on all the sets other than the main lifts to ensure glycogen depletion . I’ll also keep the hill sprints in as I’m sure those really help zap out the last of the glycogen .

Deadlifts

Warm up
135x5
185x5
225x5
245x5

Working sets
305x5
345x5
385x5

This felt like good working weight . I’m going to keep the training maxes the same moving into the next training cycle . I’m still trying to kind of dial in where my maintenance calories are at . I think I am still eating under maintenance even though the scale has gone up recently . I think the scale going up is from glycogen and not any body weight gain . I think I’m actually leaning out more . The fat has started to disappear from my rear end. I can see definition in my glutes now, I wasn’t really intending on getting this lean ,it just kind of happened.

Over head press
45x5
55x5
65x5
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5

Accessory work

Stiff leg deadlifts
275x6 reps for 5 sets

Rack pulls
225x5
245x5
275x5
295x5
315x5

Seated over head press
95x 10 for 5 sets

Added at end of workout

Hammer curls
27 x repped out to near failure
Super set
70 pound Tricep Pushdowns to near failure

X 3 sets

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Weight seems to be going up at a good rate . It really spiked this week after the carb load . I am weighing around 192 today from last Thursday’s weight of I think 184. So I’m guessing 184-5ish is my weight depleted of glycogen and 192 is my weight when I am filled out . I think I’m getting the hang of the carb loads . It’s actually not as easy as you would think to find foods that have a good macro profile for it . I made the mistake of choosing vector maple crunch cereal for example. I should have gone for a corn flake or something like that instead . I also got regular milk for the cereal , another mistake. These were mistakes as they were high in protein , which normally would be great but I have found that on my carb up days I’m ending up around 250-300 grams of protein a day when my target protein amount should be 185. So I need to try and get less protein . Who would have thought too much protein would be an issue? Never before have I had this problem .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to upload workout yesterday

Monday Deload workout

Squats
Warm up
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x3

Working sets
235x5
275x5
300x1
345x1

Super sets

Chin ups x 12 reps x 5 sets

Super set with

Dips x 20 reps for 5 sets

Next up
Hack squats 225x 20 reps for 5 sets
Super set with:
Ez Barbell curls
75 pounds x 15 reps for 5 sets

Super set 2

Tricep Pushdowns at 65 pounds for 20 reps

I finished up the workout with hanging leg raises to failure .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday Workout

Bench press
45x5
135x5
155x5
185x3

Working sets
205x5
225x5
245x1
265x1

Next I did :
Lying leg curls x 20 reps super set with

Standing calf raises 225 x 20 reps

Super set with

Ez barbell curls at 75 pounds for 15 reps

Super set with

Tricep Pushdowns x 20 reps at 65 pounds

This circuit was done for 5 rounds

Then I did :

Chin ups x 12 reps

Leg extensions x 20 reps

Arnold press at 27 pounds for 15 reps

This was done for 5 rounds

I finished up the workout with cable ab crunches

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My weight was back down to 184.5 today . I think I depleted all the glycogen on Mondays workout but if it wasn’t depleted Monday it was definitely depleted today . Those are crazy weight fluctuations . 192>>>184
Almost 10 lbs delta! That happens to me if I have a big cheat meal and the night vs morning weight.