pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
EB826095-CA07-4477-840D-0FA3AAC046E2.jpeg

Supplement dosing:

Mass shift: 1 ml A.M / 1 ml P.M
B-AET: 1 ml PM
AlphaBuild: full serving ( 2 capsules ) 30/45 minutes prework. On off day same time of day as usual

Triton: 1 ml preworkout on workout days . Off days will be 1 ml in the morning upon waking .

Extra supplements:
Omega 3s Kirkland super concentrated: 6 caps a day spread out 2 at a time

Vitastak: 1 pack a day

Creatine Monohydrate : 10 grams a day taken at lunch time

Last edited:
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Stats:

Male
Height 6’2
Starting weight : 183.5 pounds

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Diet/ training plan :

I am going to be running a bastardized 531 program that I have made up on my own . The reasoning behind this is that I have tailored my training to relate to the diet plan I will be running . Here is the training program :

Attachments

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Here’s a breakdown of the rep scheme:

Workout 1 and 2 to be completed on Monday/ Tuesday will be glycogen depletion workouts . I will be doing high rep/ short rest periods . Reps will be in the range of 10-20 and rest periods will be between 1-2 minutes . A lot of supersets will occur .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Cardio will be completed on Wednesday . Thursday/ Fridays workout will be Lower rep and more geared towards strength .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Saturday is an off day and Sunday will be another cardio day to kick off the next week

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Diet:
Monday- Thursdays evening will be low carb diet. Calories will also be kept low . From Monday- Thursday evening I will be running a calorie deficit of -25 percent. Carbohydrates will make up a maximum of 20 percent of my daily macros on these days. Protein will be set between 1-1.5 grams of body weight . Fat will fill in the cracks .

From the end of the workout on Thursday until bedtime Friday night will be a reloading phase for carbohydrates. I will be consuming somewhere in the range of 1000 grams of carbohydrates split between the two days .

Saturday will be a maintenance calorie day. On this day Carbs will be around 200 grams as will protein . I haven’t done the exact numbers yet but calories will be set to maintenance.

Sunday the day will begin with a 5km jog and the calories for the day will be set to a minus 10 percent deficit . Kicking off the next glycogen depletion phase .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I am essentially running The Ultimate Diet by Lyle Macdonald, with a 531 style workout plan .

The overall goal is to put on a bit of size while keeping body fat levels the same . It’s going to be hard to pull off but it’s also going to be a lot of fun .

This will be a six week log.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
I got up early this morning and did my first glycogen depletion workout :

Squats
205x 12 x 5 sets

Super set

Dips to failure x 5 sets

Next

Bench press
155x10 reps x 5 sets

Super set
Pull ups x 10 reps for 5 sets

Next

Bulgarian split squats
18 pounds per arm x 15 reps x 5 sets

Super set
Close grip bench press 12 reps x 5 sets

Hammer curls
18 pounds per arm x 5 sets x20 reps

Next
Cable ab crunches to failure

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 233783

Supplement dosing:

Mass shift: 1 ml A.M / 1 ml P.M
B-AET: 1 ml PM
AlphaBuild: full serving ( 2 capsules ) 30/45 minutes prework. On off day same time of day as usual

Triton: 1 ml preworkout on workout days . Off days will be 1 ml in the morning upon waking .

Extra supplements:
Omega 3s Kirkland super concentrated: 6 caps a day spread out 2 at a time

Vitastak: 1 pack a day

Creatine Monohydrate : 10 grams a day taken at lunch time
Excited to see how this treats you!

Airmaniac

Airmaniac

Awards
Following! I’m starting up Triton and Mass Shift tomorrow. I did a small test run and man, the vascularity/pump was next level.
Sorry for this reply to my own message mistake. I attempted to delete and it wouldn’t allow it. 🤦‍♂️

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Following, I must have missed the release of mass shift, what are we looking with this product?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
What's the end goal? Something tells me your not cutting lol
Goal is lean bulk, increase cardio health and make some modest strength gains . I am aiming to gain 2-3 pounds across the six weeks of this log .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
What's the end goal? Something tells me your not cutting lol
I’m definitely done cutting . I don’t have anything left to cut . The only fat left is a small amount on my lower back and on the butt . It’s time to take a very careful approach to putting back on some size . My bench has dropped immensely. I can’t bench 3 plates anymore . My bench is around 295 right now and I would like to get it back up to 300 by the end of the log.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Glycogen depletion workout day!

Man I feel dizzy , this workout might seem like a walk in the park based on the light weights but I’m not that strong anymore after a very long cut . A little background story . I had leg surgery two years ago in September . By last February my weight was around 240 pounds . I was still working out but I was out of shape . I had always been in shape before this hovering between 8-15 percent body fat and always trying my best to do things right . In the last year and 4 months I have followed the lean gains diet by Martin Berkhan and trained using 531 by Jim Wendler. I have reached a very low body fat percentage following this approach. I am still not as strong as I was before the surgery but I am in very good shape again . I have never ran The Ultimate diet 2.0 by Lyle Macdonald but have played around with Carb Backloading and the Carb Nite Solution by John Kiefer going back 10 years ago as well as a bit of the Anabolic Diet . I am excited to see how this goes !

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Glycogen Depletion Workout 2

I am following a bit of a self made 531 program where I am running boring but big on 2 main lifts for each glycogen depletion workout . Later on in the week when I am going into the carb load I will hit the 4 main lifts spread across 2 days following 5 pros.

The workout

Deadlifts:
Warm up
135x5
205x5
225x5

Working sets
Deadlift
245x 10 for 5 sets

Super set

Over head press with Swiss bar
80 pounds x 12 reps for 5 sets

I took 1 and a half minutes between each round of super sets

Next up

Barbell rows
135x15 reps for 5 sets

By the 3rd set i was doing breathing reps pausing for a few seconds between reps to bang out the last 3-5 reps

Super set

Good mornings
95 pounds x 20 reps for 5 sets

I took my time going through the good mornings as I was gassed from the rows.

The rest time on the first 3 sets was 1:30 the last two sets was 2 minutes as I was dying .

Next up

Lying EZ curl bar Tricep extensions
75 pounds x 15 reps x 5 sets

Super set

Concentration curls

27 pounds x 15 reps for 5 sets

I rested 1:30 minutes between each set . By the 3rd superset I could only get 10 reps per arm of concentration curls so I would do 10 flip sides do 10 then go back and rep out 5.

I finished up the workout with 2 sets of standing calf raises x 20 reps at 205 pounds and 2 sets of hanging leg raises to failure .

I am dizzy and exhausted

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
On a side note . If anyone has any feedback or tips and tricks along the way, please post them along . I’m not trying to run a super clean log and welcome discussion . Example , I would like some help/ suggestions on some low fat carb foods for the refeeds .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I have to watch the sucrose/ fructose levels so fruits don’t work great for the refeeds

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Ultimate diet 2.0 by Lyle Macdonald
I've never heard of it so I'll have to check it out. I'm always interested in trying new diets and switching things up.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Hit cardio early in the A.M today . Wanted to get it out of the way so I would have lots of time tonight to take a leisurely stroll through Costco looking for the carbs for the refeed.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit cardio early in the A.M today . Wanted to get it out of the way so I would have lots of time tonight to take a leisurely stroll through Costco looking for the carbs for the refeed.
Grocery shopping at Costco is the best. I think I just like the concept of buying in bulk!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Grocery shopping at Costco is the best. I think I just like the concept of buying in bulk!
I would say I buy about 90 percent of my groceries there , I’ll go to the grocery store for the things I can’t get at Costco . Off the top of my head, egg creations cheese and chives I always get from the grocery store . Though often times I just get the club pack of egg whites at Costco . The only other real thing I can think of are things crispy minis or pb2 powder . If Costco started carrying them though I would just go to Costco

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would say I buy about 90 percent of my groceries there , I’ll go to the grocery store for the things I can’t get at Costco . Off the top of my head, egg creations cheese and chives I always get from the grocery store . Though often times I just get the club pack of egg whites at Costco . The only other real thing I can think of are things crispy minis or pb2 powder . If Costco started carrying them though I would just go to Costco
I've gotten PB powder at Costco but it was a while ago. Their cheese is pretty good where I am but options are limited. I like the sliced havarti for sandwiches (or just snacking) and the English cheddar for cheese and crackers and recipes. (or just snacking)

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glycogen Depletion Workout 2

I am following a bit of a self made 531 program where I am running boring but big on 2 main lifts for each glycogen depletion workout . Later on in the week when I am going into the carb load I will hit the 4 main lifts spread across 2 days following 5 pros.

The workout

Deadlifts:
Warm up
135x5
205x5
225x5

Working sets
Deadlift
245x 10 for 5 sets

Super set

Over head press with Swiss bar
80 pounds x 12 reps for 5 sets

I took 1 and a half minutes between each round of super sets

Next up

Barbell rows
135x15 reps for 5 sets

By the 3rd set i was doing breathing reps pausing for a few seconds between reps to bang out the last 3-5 reps

Super set

Good mornings
95 pounds x 20 reps for 5 sets

I took my time going through the good mornings as I was gassed from the rows.

The rest time on the first 3 sets was 1:30 the last two sets was 2 minutes as I was dying .

Next up

Lying EZ curl bar Tricep extensions
75 pounds x 15 reps x 5 sets

Super set

Concentration curls

27 pounds x 15 reps for 5 sets

I rested 1:30 minutes between each set . By the 3rd superset I could only get 10 reps per arm of concentration curls so I would do 10 flip sides do 10 then go back and rep out 5.

I finished up the workout with 2 sets of standing calf raises x 20 reps at 205 pounds and 2 sets of hanging leg raises to failure .

I am dizzy and exhausted
Impressive man still moving really good numbers!!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Last workout before refeed!

Got to the gym well depleted and running on empty. Gave it my all because I know the carbs come tonight and I need to earn them !

Workout 3 531 5 Pros Squat / Bench day

Squats

Warm up
45x5
135x5
185x5
205x3

Working sets
230x5
265x5
300x5

Bench
Warm up
45x5
135x5
155x3

Working sets
185x5
205x5
230x5

Accessories
Close grip bench press

155x10 for 5 sets

Super set

Machine Hack squats
315x12 x 5 sets

Next

Weighted pull ups double underhand

55 pounds around waist x6 reps for 5 sets

Super set with

Weighted dips
55 pounds around waist x 6reps for 5 sets

Usually I can dip more then I can pull up but I think I was already blasted from all the other stuff .

I finished up the workout with 3 sets of cable ab crunches to failure .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I've gotten PB powder at Costco but it was a while ago. Their cheese is pretty good where I am but options are limited. I like the sliced havarti for sandwiches (or just snacking) and the English cheddar for cheese and crackers and recipes. (or just snacking)
Yeah I love the havarti. I always get the light Swiss though because the macros on it are like 42 percent protein or something like that which is really good for cheese . I also get the baby bels light , the blue one . Also good macros on that.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m for this bro. Looking shredded

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I’m for this bro. Looking shredded
Let’s see if I can hold my current condition while trying out this carb deplete/ refeed diet . It’s always fun to try a new diet out and six weeks should show us how well it works. I’m trying my best to do it by the book .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
So if I’m going to go based off the book . The recommendations for refeed of carbohydrates is between 7-8 grams per pound of lean body weight . If I go right down the middle at 7.5 grams per pound, that puts me around 1300 grams of carbohydrates that I have to consume before I go to bed tomorrow night. At the same time I need to aim to keep fat around 20 percent of total daily macros at around a gram per pound of body weight .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Now Lyle Macdonald suggests to consume around 30 grams of carbs about a half hour before the refeed workout along with around 15 grams of protein . He said he usually just kept it easy and did this with a protein bar . I picked up some protein bars at Costco yesterday and followed this simple way of getting that pre workout carb load . After the workout he suggests consuming a shake with 1 gram per pound of body weight of something like dextrose or maltodextrin and 50 grams of whey isolate. I did a shake with 100 grams of carbs and 50 grams of protein and consumed 4 of these guys to get up to around a pound of carbs per pound of body weight .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
For my refeed I went with fusilli pasta 255 grams dry weight . 1/2 a cup of pasta sauce and random veggies my wife made . (Red onions , mushrooms , spinach etc.)

I kicked off the refeed with 550 grams of red grapes.

For dessert I am having Vector Maple Crunch cereal with chocolate milk . ( yes I am Canadian )

Total carbs on the day came out to 674 , leaving the other half of the carbs for tomorrow night after my workout .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I threw some rice pudding in there at the end to get myself to half the total refeed carbs . My protein was a bit high today but fat was about right where we wanted it to be.

I took a shower when I got home today and applied the Mass Shift and B-AET . In the book UD 2.0 Lyle Macdonald actually recommends taking NA-R-ALA during the refeed meals.