Lowering RBC/Hemocrit on TRT

Jdog1234

Awards
I'm on 250mg/week from my clinic right now and taking .75mg Adex/Week split between every few days. I don't have any of the symptoms of High Hemocrit or RBC but would like to take preventative measures. I do about an hour of incline treadmill at the 15% incline @4mph every day so around 1000 Cals of cardio per day. I usually keep my fats low and protein and carbs higher. If there's any recommendations for this I would appreciate all feedback, even if it isn't really high at all right now; it can't hurt to be cognoscente of it and take measures to ensure that it stays in a good range.

Best,

J

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can donate blood. That's what a lot of guys do especially when blasting eq or anadrol. And on top of that you're giving to a good cause.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How high are your testosterone levels on 250mg, for like 90% of people that's going to be way more than trt and you're probably way above whats considered the natural range, first step would be to see if I could lower my testosterone dose to 100-150mg and if I wasn't already taking a baby aspirin and fish oil I would start.

If that didn't work I would look into a grapefruit supplement and stop taking anything with iron in it. Or you can take something that limits the amount of iron your body absorbs.

Last resort I would donate blood but the only way I'm donating is if my numbers are over 56.

That last part is NOT a suggestion that I'm making to you, it's just what I do. Typically if my hematocrit is high but my BP and everything is normal I'm not concerned.

My question to you is, you said you're going through a clinic so what is your clinic have to say about this because if this is not something they can help you with then your clinic is a scam and they're not looking out for your best interest they're just trying to sell you drugs, unfortunately that's what a lot of trt clinics do.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep your bodyweight down, and if you need a snore get a CPAP. Sleep apnea is a big culprit of elevating blood thickness. Higher bodyweight promotes sleep apnea as the neck thickens.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you actually have high hematocrit/hemoglobin, I believe that donating is a good idea (I do double-red donations because it allows me to donate two units of red cells during one appointment). Unless you are anemic, donating blood is usually a good idea, especially now - since there is a shortage (I get contacted by the Red Cross whenever there is a shortage). I've given gallons of blood, even prior to TRT when I didn't need to - just because I think it is the right thing (for me) to do.

So, my suggestions (meaning what I do personally):
  • Donate blood
  • Drink a lot of water (weight/2 = minimum ounces of water per day)
  • Supplements
    • Citrulline Malate
    • Naringenin
    • 3 to 4 grams of fish oil per day.
    • IP-6 and Inositol.
    • Beetroot
    • Arugula
    • Nattokinase
  • Reduce iron and red meat.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I find between drinking water ( I personally do 1 gallon a day minimum) and grapefruit extract, it works for me. I always take a baby aspirin at night too!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always take a baby aspirin at night too!
I know a lot of people who do this daily. I probably should to but currently don't.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know a lot of people who do this daily. I probably should to but currently don't.
They should consider using Nattokinase if they don’t have a soy allergy instead. It’s still very cheap, helps break up clots, provides the same anti-clotting effect, and doesn’t cause the gut lining distress of longterm aspirin use.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They should consider using Nattokinase if they don’t have a soy allergy instead. It’s still very cheap, helps break up clots, provides the same anti-clotting effect, and doesn’t cause the gut lining distress of longterm aspirin use.
Do you have a brand you can recommend?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a brand you can recommend?
Dr’s Best is what I’ve used for a long time now. The 270ct bottle is a good value at a 9-month supply, and I have found that brand to always be exactly what they represent their products as.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dr’s Best is what I’ve used for a long time now. The 270ct bottle is a good value at a 9-month supply, and I have found that brand to always be exactly what they represent their products as.
That is the brand and quantity that I purchase as well.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I found it, you take 1 2,000 FUs pill a day in morning?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is interesting. I see (if you don’t have a bleeding disorder) you can even take it with baby aspirin for extra effect. Safety profile seems excellent as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I found it, you take 1 2,000 FUs pill a day in morning?
Yep, once a day separate from any food or other supplements. Usually the very first thing I take in the morning. But between meals is fine too.

This is interesting. I see (if you don’t have a bleeding disorder) you can even take it with baby aspirin for extra effect. Safety profile seems excellent as well.
If you’re curious to read more:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If someone is pushing a heavy cycle with thick blood or higher stroke risk, you can do 2-3x day (4-6,000fu, aka 2-300mg).

Nattokinase is ideal if you have or are recovering from COVID or other situations that promote clotting.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If someone is pushing a heavy cycle with thick blood or higher stroke risk, you can do 2-3x day (4-6,000fu, aka 2-300mg).

Nattokinase is ideal if you have or are recovering from COVID or other situations that promote clotting.
Cool, I’ll get some to mix it up, thanks!

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm on 250mg/week from my clinic right now and taking .75mg Adex/Week split between every few days. I don't have any of the symptoms of High Hemocrit or RBC but would like to take preventative measures. I do about an hour of incline treadmill at the 15% incline @4mph every day so around 1000 Cals of cardio per day. I usually keep my fats low and protein and carbs higher. If there's any recommendations for this I would appreciate all feedback, even if it isn't really high at all right now; it can't hurt to be cognoscente of it and take measures to ensure that it stays in a good range.

Best,

J
Half a grapefruit every day... Or a glass of grapefruit juice lol that brought me back into range. I can remember how high it was, only like a point or two.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Half a grapefruit every day... Or a glass of grapefruit juice lol that brought me back into range. I can remember how high it was, only like a point or two.
I've heard doing this is very beneficial. Grapefruit has that weird tang to it but I need to put some in with aminos or something :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have found drinking water 1 - 1.5 gallon a day will lover my number 4-5 points.

I have never tried this supplement, but am very curious about it. Has anyone tried it? I also think that @sns8778 is working on a supplement that could help lower Hemocrit ?

Hemo Flow.png

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is true, but I like grapefruit so I'm going to shame you all for taking the pills lol
Assumming you live in Florida, I think everyone in Florida eats grapefruit :LOL:

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Mom loved Grapefruit, I never liked them ??

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have found drinking water 1 - 1.5 gallon a day will lover my number 4-5 points.

I also think that @sns8778 is working on a supplement that could help lower Hemocrit ?
I agree that drinking water is very underrated and helps a lot of people.

I'm researching ingredients and would like to do a supplement to help with this, but I have a lot more research to do on it. I've found some things that may help or should help, but not much that just really stands out and super impresses me.

I think that IP6 is a good very underrated option for helping with this but we've sold this for quite a long time and it just seems to get overlooked for this purposes.

Nattokinase I think is a good option as well, but I'm extremely allergic to soy protein and being that it's derived from soybeans, it's a no go for me.

I want to do a product for this, but I'm only interested in doing it if I feel like we can offer something spectacular that will work for the large majority of people that use it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great post. I can't commend you enough for pointing that out about the soy allergy and Nattokinase. You're the only person besides me that I've ever seen mention it being dangerous for people with soy allergies; and I only think to mention if bc I have a severe allergy to soy protein.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great post. I can't commend you enough for pointing that out about the soy allergy and Nattokinase. You're the only person besides me that I've ever seen mention it being dangerous for people with soy allergies; and I only think to mention if bc I have a severe allergy to soy protein.
Not that I can find any source for it anymore but would ITPP have a similar/stronger effect on it vs IP6?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not that I can find any source for it anymore but would ITPP have a similar/stronger effect on it vs IP6?
I don’t know and you didn’t ask me, but ITPP has such a rapid release/half-life I really doubt it could. That’s why they made it into a terrible tasting paste when you could find it; injectable ITPP would be so rapid you would have to inject it at the starting line of a strongman event to be useful for the 60 seconds. So they made the paste to slow it some, but you would need to find a way to taper the dispersion if it would have any useful systemic effect.

But I don’t know if it would even be theoretically useful, just commenting on speed of normal action.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think so; I think Hyde nailed it with his post above.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t know and you didn’t ask me, but ITPP has such a rapid release/half-life I really doubt it could. That’s why they made it into a terrible tasting paste when you could find it; injectable ITPP would be so rapid you would have to inject it at the starting line of a strongman event to be useful for the 60 seconds. So they made the paste to slow it some, but you would need to find a way to taper the dispersion if it would have any useful systemic effect.

But I don’t know if it would even be theoretically useful, just commenting on speed of normal action.
Everything I can see shows a half life of like 5 days. Plenty of people (myself included) have taken it orally and noticed decent cardio benefits that seemingly lasted a while.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Everything I can see shows a half life of like 5 days. Plenty of people (myself included) have taken it orally and noticed decent cardio benefits that seemingly lasted a while.
I've seen 5 days and I've also seen studies that showed super rapid elimination.

I've also seen feedback that would deter me from ever trying it myself though, like some people reporting breathing difficulties.

Whereas with IP6, its a safe, effective, and inexpensive option.

Our IP6 is 200 grams for only 14.99 and that's before any discount codes:

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a hemo of 55. Added daily cardio and increased my water intake. Got it down to 52.

I'm similar to others. I don't worry much about it like I used to. If platelets are in range and BP is normal, I don't worry about it.

But that's what I do and am comfortable with. I also take natto as preventive.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We just started the New Years Sale and I was reviewing inventory levels and it made me think about this thread because we are now low stock on IP6 and the cost of the raw material has went up bigtime this year, so I'm not sure if future batches will be nearly as great of a price as we normally are able to offer it for.

For anyone that wants to grab some while they can, now's the time.

IP6 - 200 grams - for a limited time, only 10.49 each with coupon code newyears30

IP6-Rendering-150dpi.png