What's the name of that herb or herbal formula everyone is always raving about for lowering blood pressure?

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
I know I've read it on here a hundred times but I can't remember the name. I believe it starts with a C.

Thanks guys!

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Celery Seed....Grape Seed are just a few. Carditone is a popular supplement as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you're talking about Carditone. That product imo works better for people on AAS cycles than it does the average person looking to improve blood pressure.

I'm not sure if you saw, but we released our Blood Pressure Support XT product a couple of weeks ago and it has multiple ingredients that have been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure, improve circulation and blood flow, etc. It has Hawthorn in it which many know and love but the real standout ingredients are Amealpeptide and MegaNatural-BP.

Here's the link to the thread:

Here's the link to it on our website:

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
I think you're talking about Carditone. That product imo works better for people on AAS cycles than it does the average person looking to improve blood pressure.

I'm not sure if you saw, but we released our Blood Pressure Support XT product a couple of weeks ago and it has multiple ingredients that have been clinically shown to reduce blood pressure, improve circulation and blood flow, etc. It has Hawthorn in it which many know and love but the real standout ingredients are Amealpeptide and MegaNatural-BP.

Here's the link to the thread:

Here's the link to it on our website:

Yes, it was Carditone. Thanks for these suggestions, I'll pass them along who's having high blood pressure.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know I've read it on here a hundred times but I can't remember the name. I believe it starts with a C.

Thanks guys!
you joined july 31 and you have seen posts about carditone 100 times? hmmmmmmm???

Brianmc83

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered carditone the other day as I'm currently on prohormone cycle and BP was getting high. Going to switch over to SNS blood pressure support xt as a daily staple once I'm off.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i would be careful with carditone the primary herb in that product is reserpine, its a horse tranquilizer from the 1950s

it messes with your neurotransmitters and lowers dopamine, it can cause some scary movement disorders and depression
Good post and good catch.

A lot of times I don't post certain things because I never want to seem disparaging of other brands and their products.

But since you mentioned it, I'll go ahead and say that a few people had asked why we didn't use Rauwolfia serpentina, one of the main ingredients in Carditone in Blood Pressure Support XT. And the reason is what you mentioned above.

For most of our products, and especially the Health Series, we go with clinically researched licensed branded ingredients so people will know that they are going to work bc there is clinical research backing the ingredients. In the case of Blood Pressure Support XT, there is research on every ingredient in the formula but the stand out ingredients are MegaNatural BP and AmealPeptide, both of which have great studies for blood pressure and cardiovascular support.

Even though Carditone is popular here, the main ingredient is Rauwolfia serpentina and a quick google search (and especially a semi deep dive) may scare the crap out of a lot of people, especially non-hardcore ones. Because Rauwolfia serpentina is a source of Reserpine and can be dangerous for people on MAOI's and some other antidepressants. And Reserpine can be good for blood pressure but can also deplete catecholamines (and as you said, Dopamine) which can lead to sedation, tiredness, depression, and decreased cardiac output.

I'm not knocking the product. I just wish that products that contain this ingredient would be a little more forthcoming about letting people know that Rauwolfia serpentina contains Reserpine and let people know the potential risks and possible side effects so that they would know what to look out for. And if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have a warning on there for people that are taking MAOI's.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like cardigans but didn’t know that. Also a big fan of k1ngs shield. Tons of goodies in there for heart health including arjuna, garlic extract, grape seed extract and more. New sns product looks good too.

diesel x

diesel x

Awards
  • First Up Vote

A lot of times I don't post certain things because I never want to seem disparaging of other brands and their products.

But since you mentioned it, I'll go ahead and say that a few people had asked why we didn't use Rauwolfia serpentina, one of the main ingredients in Carditone in Blood Pressure Support XT. And the reason is what you mentioned above.

For most of our products, and especially the Health Series, we go with clinically researched licensed branded ingredients so people will know that they are going to work bc there is clinical research backing the ingredients. In the case of Blood Pressure Support XT, there is research on every ingredient in the formula but the stand out ingredients are MegaNatural BP and AmealPeptide, both of which have great studies for blood pressure and cardiovascular support.

Even though Carditone is popular here, the main ingredient is Rauwolfia serpentina and a quick google search (and especially a semi deep dive) may scare the crap out of a lot of people, especially non-hardcore ones. Because Rauwolfia serpentina is a source of Reserpine and can be dangerous for people on MAOI's and some other antidepressants. And Reserpine can be good for blood pressure but can also deplete catecholamines (and as you said, Dopamine) which can lead to sedation, tiredness, depression, and decreased cardiac output.

I'm not knocking the product. I just wish that products that contain this ingredient would be a little more forthcoming about letting people know that Rauwolfia serpentina contains Reserpine and let people know the potential risks and possible side effects so that they would know what to look out for. And if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have a warning on there for people that are taking MAOI's.
thats why i like a lot of your products it contains high quality patented ingredients and you also take into account the negative side effects of these herbs not just the positives... most brands don't care or even think about those things which is scary

would really like to see you guys come out with a kidney, heart, and cholesterol support health supplement,
for us who compete and take bodybuilding very seriously having a product like that is essential

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thats why i like a lot of your products it contains high quality patented ingredients and you also take into account the negative side effects of these herbs not just the positives... most brands don't care or even think about those things which is scary

would really like to see you guys come out with a kidney, heart, and cholesterol support health supplement,
for us who compete and take bodybuilding very seriously having a product like that is essential
Thank you. I really appreciate that.

I hate it also when brands pick a couple of good things about an ingredient and then ignore if there are a lot of negatives about them. I think people should have the right to know and be informed of the good and bad about what they choose to put in their body. I won't say what, but a good example is there is an ingredient I see used in a a kidney product on the market that has a couple of good studies for kidneys but the brand conveniently ignores that there are plenty of bad studies on that same ingredient showing that it can actually be detrimental to kidney health.

I love the science and I love helping people. And I want to provide the absolute best products and at prices that people can afford.

We actually do have all three of those product types in the works:
- Blood Pressure Support XT - which is already out is great for blood pressure and cardiovascular health.
- Cardiovascular Support XT - will be an overall heart health, blood flow, and circulation support supplement.
- Cholesterol Support XT - cardiovascular health with the emphasis on cholesterol support.
- Kidney Assist XT - extremely comprehensive kidney support supplement.

ETA on all 3 of the above should hopefully be by the end of January 2022. We have some other new releases in line before them but I'm excited about all 3 of them.

And I'm always open to suggestions on anything else that people would like to see from us.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards

[truncated]
Wow, good information bro, I had no idea about all that stuff. I remember looking up the studies on the stuff and the worst side effect I found was that it could cause congestion. NOW makes really good BP supplement called Blood Pressure Health. But, it obviously doesn't have as many ingredients as Blood Pressure Support XT (4 caps a day @ 30 caps, for $40! YAWZA!) On average, how many bottles do your clients use before they notice a significant drop in blood pressure? Is this something you're supposed to take continuously because the price is really steep, even though I realize it has a TON of really good ingredients.

I especially like the addition of magnesium. Not enough people realize they're not getting enough magnesium. Do a Google search for "nootropics different magnesiums article" and it's titled "Magnesium Glycinate vs. L-Threonate vs. Oxide: Which Is The Best Magnesium Supplement?". I've been taking Nootropics Depot MicroMag, it is 625mg of micronized magnesium oxide which comes out to 200mg of elemental magnesium. I take it everyday and it doesn't bother much stomach at all like other magnesiums do. Then I take some Magnesium Glycinate before bed. Not only is magnesium a natural muscle relaxer, but the glycine in the magnesium helps you sleep (read the article I mentioned above). So, it can help with restless leg syndrome (along with maybe some high dose potassium). It also makes you have good poops in the morning. :poop:

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
We actually do have all three of those product types in the works:
- Blood Pressure Support XT - which is already out is great for blood pressure and cardiovascular health.
- Cardiovascular Support XT - will be an overall heart health, blood flow, and circulation support supplement.
- Cholesterol Support XT - cardiovascular health with the emphasis on cholesterol support.
- Kidney Assist XT - extremely comprehensive kidney support supplement.
Wow, I've never seen a Kidney support product. 👏👏👏 (Those are clapping hands if you couldn't tell). All I have to say is: it's about time.

So, this is coming soon? I'd really like to know the ingredients of this one.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, good information bro, I had no idea about all that stuff. I remember looking up the studies on the stuff and the worst side effect I found was that it could cause congestion. NOW makes really good BP supplement called Blood Pressure Health. But, it obviously doesn't have as many ingredients as Blood Pressure Support XT (4 caps a day @ 30 caps, for $40! YAWZA!) On average, how many bottles do your clients use before they notice a significant drop in blood pressure? Is this something you're supposed to take continuously because the price is really steep, even though I realize it has a TON of really good ingredients.

I especially like the addition of magnesium. Not enough people realize they're not getting enough magnesium. Do a Google search for "nootropics different magnesiums article" and it's titled "Magnesium Glycinate vs. L-Threonate vs. Oxide: Which Is The Best Magnesium Supplement?". I've been taking Nootropics Depot MicroMag, it is 625mg of micronized magnesium oxide which comes out to 200mg of elemental magnesium. I take it everyday and it doesn't bother much stomach at all like other magnesiums do. Then I take some Magnesium Glycinate before bed. Not only is magnesium a natural muscle relaxer, but the glycine in the magnesium helps you sleep (read the article I mentioned above). So, it can help with restless leg syndrome (along with maybe some high dose potassium). It also makes you have good poops in the morning. :poop:
Your math is off on Blood Pressure Support XT.
You said 4 caps a day @ 30 caps for $40 - and that is false.
It's 4 caps per day dosage wise and 30 SERVINGS per bottle, not 30 capsules. Each bottle is a full month supply.
The price is 39.99 on our site and some retailers have sales on it where you can get it as low as 28.49 per bottle.

NOW Food Blood Pressure Health - as you said, is an excellent product.
It contains 150 mg. MegaNatural BP and 300 mg. Hawthorn per capsule and suggests 2 caps per day.
^^^ Both ingredients are included in SNS Blood Pressure Support XT - MegaNatural BP at 300 mg. and Hawthorn at 600 mg.
SNS Blood Pressure Support XT contains everything that is in NOW's Blood Pressure Health 5 more ingredients, including Amealpeptide, a clinically researched branded ingredient that has excellent study backing for blood pressure support.

Blood Pressure Support XT can be used to help support cardiovascular health and healthy blood pressure ranges in people that don't yet have high blood pressure and/or used by those that do have high blood pressure to help them try to bring it down into the normal range.

I've read a lot on Magnesium, including the article you mentioned. We are using different forms in different products so its good to know the different types and which type works best for which issue. And I agree, overall it is a very underrated supplement.

Here is a picture of the Supplement Facts panel for Blood Pressure Support XT:

Notice it says 'Serving Size - 4 caps' and 'Servings Per Container - 30' and then the directions are take '4 caps per day' so each bottle is a full month supply.

Blood-Pressure-Support-XT-Supp-Facts.png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, I've never seen a Kidney support product. 👏👏👏 (Those are clapping hands if you couldn't tell). All I have to say is: it's about time.

So, this is coming soon? I'd really like to know the ingredients of this one.
Thank you. We hope to have Kidney Assist XT out by the end of the year; no later than the end of January.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Wow, this is interesting info. I spent the month of September working 3rd shift, getting little sleep and eating poorly. I haven’t fully bounced back to my old self yet - just have a sort of jet lagged down and tired feeling, motivation to do any work is terrible and sexual interest/enjoyment is down. I thought that it was the night work that was causing this, but I am half way through my third bottle of Carditone!

Coincidentally I did pick up the new SNS BP support on the last 25% off sale. I’m going to make the swap and see how it works out.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, this is interesting info. I spent the month of September working 3rd shift, getting little sleep and eating poorly. I haven’t fully bounced back to my old self yet - just have a sort of jet lagged down and tired feeling, motivation to do any work is terrible and sexual interest/enjoyment is down. I thought that it was the night work that was causing this, but I am half way through my third bottle of Carditone!

Coincidentally I did pick up the new SNS BP support on the last 25% off sale. I’m going to make the swap and see how it works out.
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through that. What you're explaining does seem pretty consistent with the potential side effects of that ingredient so hopefully you'll feel a lot better once you get transitioned.

If you have any questions or if there's anything I can do to help you in any way, you're always welcome to pm me anytime.

As for the way you're feeling overall, I'm not sure if you've seen our Optimize-T product and thread but there has been a lot of positive feedback on feeling better, motivation, increased libido, improved sleep quality, and just all around feeling better.

Here is a link to the product and write up:

Here is a link to the Optimize-T master thread:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

all this talk about studies and NOW supplements? whats up with that?

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
What's up with it? I don't follow you bro. Now makes so many supplements at bargain basement prices, it's hard to avoid not having at least one Now supplement in your arsenal. Studies? I said I looked up Carditone and found a study showing causes congestion. I could probably dig it up for you if you wanted to see it, but I didn't save it.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's up with it? I don't follow you bro. Now makes so many supplements at bargain basement prices, it's hard to avoid not having at least one Now supplement in your arsenal. Studies? I said I looked up Carditone and found a study showing causes congestion. I could probably dig it up for you if you wanted to see it, but I didn't save it.
lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not sure the context of your conversation with johnny412; that's not really the part of this that I'm intending to reply to so I just wanted to clarify that.

NOW Foods does make some great supplements, I use a lot by them myself and recommend them myself a lot.

From an outside perspective, you posted a thread to about Carditone and then when someone posted some study information that could be detrimental to it, you then posted something completely false about the SNS Blood Pressure Support XT product and then try to promote the NOW Foods product in the next sentence.

So my only issue with anything in this thread thus far is that I don't understand why you posted something completely false about the SNS Blood Pressure Support XT product - trying to make it seem like not a good value and much more expensive than it is (by making it out like its only a 7.5 day supply when its a full 1 month supply) to then try to promote the NOW Foods product in the next sentence - when Blood Pressure Support XT has both ingredients in it + more as compared to the NOW Foods one. And then I typed a very explanatory and kind reply that you didn't acknowledge at all.

^^^ That could have been an honest mistake on your part and you could have read the supplement facts wrong; but please try to see how from an outside perspective it may seem.

As for the studies, you had said that you had looked up a lot of studies on the ingredients in Carditone and the worst you could find was that some may cause congestion. I can believe that. Because it doesn't clearly identify on the label that Rauwolfia serpentina contains Reserpine; which is what @diesel x was pointing out. Because then once a person knows that, the studies on possible sides are much easier to find. I'm not even saying that Carditone is bad or that anything in it is bad; but @diesel x is correct about their being studies showing some possible negative side effects of one of the ingredients that's a lot worse than congestion.

I hope all that makes sense.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not sure the context of your conversation with johnny412; that's not really the part of this that I'm intending to reply to so I just wanted to clarify that.

NOW Foods does make some great supplements, I use a lot by them myself and recommend them myself a lot.

From an outside perspective, you posted a thread to about Carditone and then when someone posted some study information that could be detrimental to it, you then posted something completely false about the SNS Blood Pressure Support XT product and then try to promote the NOW Foods product in the next sentence.

So my only issue with anything in this thread thus far is that I don't understand why you posted something completely false about the SNS Blood Pressure Support XT product - trying to make it seem like not a good value and much more expensive than it is (by making it out like its only a 7.5 day supply when its a full 1 month supply) to then try to promote the NOW Foods product in the next sentence - when Blood Pressure Support XT has both ingredients in it + more as compared to the NOW Foods one. And then I typed a very explanatory and kind reply that you didn't acknowledge at all.

^^^ That could have been an honest mistake on your part and you could have read the supplement facts wrong; but please try to see how from an outside perspective it may seem.

As for the studies, you had said that you had looked up a lot of studies on the ingredients in Carditone and the worst you could find was that some may cause congestion. I can believe that. Because it doesn't clearly identify on the label that Rauwolfia serpentina contains Reserpine; which is what @diesel x was pointing out. Because then once a person knows that, the studies on possible sides are much easier to find. I'm not even saying that Carditone is bad or that anything in it is bad; but @diesel x is correct about their being studies showing some possible negative side effects of one of the ingredients that's a lot worse than congestion.

I hope all that makes sense.
sns8778 you are having a convo with starscream ripdanduchaine. for what its worth ;)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778 you are having a convo with starscream ripdanduchaine. for what its worth ;)
Ah, okay. Honestly never even thought about or considered that.

I'd seen the thread and really just posted originally to compliment Diesel X for posting some great info that a lot of people don't realize.

And then my main issue was I didn't understand why the OP wrote completely false information about Blood Pressure Support XT to make people view it negatively - by saying it was only 30 caps when its 120 caps (30 servings) and a full 30 day supply, so that was the main part that I had focused on because it was detrimental to people's perception of Blood Pressure Support XT. And I wasn't sure whether it was accidental on the OP's part or intentional bc the supplement facts states plain as day that its 30 servings and on the front of the bottle it says in big letters 30 Day Supply.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The trolling in this thread was over my head too 🤷‍♂️ But there was some good and beneficial info in this thread.

3 bottles in on Carditone and I read 117/80 this morning, so I’d say it’s been effective.

I have been experiencing some side that seem consistent with low dopamine levels, but work stress has been up and I can be a bit of a hypochondriac, lol.

My SNS package just came in, so I’m making the switch today.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The trolling in this thread was over my head too 🤷‍♂️ But there was some good and beneficial info in this thread.

3 bottles in on Carditone and I read 117/80 this morning, so I’d say it’s been effective.

I have been experiencing some side that seem consistent with low dopamine levels, but work stress has been up and I can be a bit of a hypochondriac, lol.

My SNS package just came in, so I’m making the switch today.
I try to make the most out of any chance I get to be informative and educational.

Trolling sucks, in general. I don't understand why anyone would take the time to intentionally mess with people and just cause irritation, confusion, and hardship. But sadly, that seems to just be the state of the world that we live in now.

I'm all for anyone posting that really wants to learn and/or help others, but that is not accomplished acting like one knows everything about everything and presenting things as facts that are wrong. Nor is it accomplished by providing false information and intentionally trying to make products or companies look bad.

That is an excellent blood pressure number.

The things you have been experiencing do seem like they could be consistent with low dopamine levels but as you said, you have some other factors going on as well. So the only way to know for sure is likely going to be to try a different approach and see if you feel better.

I hope that you'll enjoy Blood Pressure Support XT. If you have questions of if I can help in any way, you're welcome to pm me anytime.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
Your math is off on Blood Pressure Support XT.
You said 4 caps a day @ 30 caps for $40 - and that is false.
It's 4 caps per day dosage wise and 30 SERVINGS per bottle, not 30 capsules. Each bottle is a full month supply.
The price is 39.99 on our site and some retailers have sales on it where you can get it as low as 28.49 per bottle.
Oh okay, that was just the first result I found on Google Search, so I just went with that. Thanks for the correction.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
I'm sorry man, I didn't realized I posted anything false about SNS Blood Pressure Support. Was it the thing about the pricing? I just did a Google search for the product and that's what the label on the website said. Sorry about that, I guess I should have looked around and some of the other pricing.

Btw, you didn't answer my questions after about how many bottles of the Blood Pressure Support XT have users reported having lowered BP and how significant was it?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm sorry man, I didn't realized I posted anything false about SNS Blood Pressure Support. Was it the thing about the pricing? I just did a Google search for the product and that's what the label on the website said. Sorry about that, I guess I should have looked around and some of the other pricing.

Btw, you didn't answer my questions after about how many bottles of the Blood Pressure Support XT have users reported having lowered BP and how significant was it?
you have always had a problem with googling and not understanding what you are reading smdh :rolleyes:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I had quoted your post and replied to it in great detail and you didn't acknowledge it.

No, what you posted is not what the label says.

You posted:
But, it obviously doesn't have as many ingredients as Blood Pressure Support XT (4 caps a day @ 30 caps, for $40! YAWZA!) On average, how many bottles do your clients use before they notice a significant drop in blood pressure? Is this something you're supposed to take continuously because the price is really steep, even though I realize it has a TON of really good ingredients.

You said 4 caps a day @ 30 caps for $40 - that is FALSE.

Here is a picture of the Supplement Facts panel for Blood Pressure Support XT:

Notice it says 'Serving Size - 4 caps' and 'Servings Per Container - 30' and then the directions are take '4 caps per day' so each bottle is a full month supply.

Blood-Pressure-Support-XT-Supp-Facts.png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Companies are not allowed to make numeric claims about blood pressure numbers in multi-ingredient formulas.

You can find plenty of studies on MegaNatural BP and AmealPeptide, two of the branded ingredients in the formula. Plus there are a lot more you can find on Hawthorn and other supporting ingredients.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In addition to the other products mentioned, staples in my BP protocol are arugula powder (sort of hard to find), beetroot powder (cheap in bulk), spinach powder (also cheap in bulk), citrulline mallate, arginine, green tea and pine bark extract.

YMMV

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In addition to the other products mentioned, staples in my BP protocol are arugula powder (sort of hard to find), beetroot powder (cheap in bulk), spinach powder (also cheap in bulk), citrulline mallate, arginine, green tea and pine bark extract.

YMMV
Im big on dietary nitrates as well

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought I would share the source of Arugula Powder that I purchased. I purchased 1 Kg of Arugula Powder from NutriCargo. They are offering a discount, and the product is as advertised. I am surprised at few companies offer it/how difficult it is to find. I've also bought bulk beet root powder and spinach powder several times, but they tend to be much easier to locate.