LG's PB Lipotropic Protein

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
A big Thank You to LG for hooking me up to try this new flavor of protein. First thing I noticed when I opened the container is that the PB protein is very heavy and dense, almost moist for a lack of better terms. I can not imagine getting anywhere near 31 scoops out of this. Maybe 12 if I'm lucky.

Mixability: Like all their protein it mixed perfectly with no issues.

Taste: As much as I would love to say it was the best PB protein I have ever had, I think it fell extremely short in the flavor department. It doesn't taste bad, but if it was not for the smell, I would never guess this to be PB flavor. Maybe a butter toffee? It tastes great, but I would opt for the regular chocolate over this flavor and I'm a huge PB lover. PB seems extremely hard to pull off and the only company really to come close is AI, but they don't make it anymore and if I recall they said the PB flavoring was extremely expensive.

Overall after 2 servings I would say its a great protein since i've gone through about 20lbs of the chocolate and 10lbs of the vanilla, but I would honestly go with either the chocolate or the vanilla over this "pb" flavor. Maybe with some tweaking it may be good...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just drank another shake and heading to the gym in a bit. The taste is actually pretty good after my 3rd serving, but again the PB taste is just not there. I'm going to see what happens if I add a tablespoon of PB to it. To me its seems a bit overly sweet, but still very tasty. If you like the gemma protein its a definate to give a try.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im in :) Folks over at BB.com are saying how much there enjoying it now, few servings in. how is your stomach taking to it ?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do keep track of the scoops though:)

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm in too since it will sometime before I can try mine!

cheers,

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, I'm jealous! I havn't even tried this :(

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
4th scoop this morning before work in milk and the taste was bit much to take. Overly sweet. I don't know how to describe the taste, but I really loved the Lipo Chocolate, but this PB is just too too sweet. I'm estimating about 10 scoops left in the tub. I'll take pictures of what is left tonight if I have some free time.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4th scoop this morning before work in milk and the taste was bit much to take. Overly sweet. I don't know how to describe the taste, but I really loved the Lipo Chocolate, but this PB is just too too sweet. I'm estimating about 10 scoops left in the tub. I'll take pictures of what is left tonight if I have some free time.
10 scoops left? hum...

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
10 scoops left? hum...
The powder is extremely dense and the scooper is a typical size. I've tried shaking it up to "fluff" it up, but it doesn't help.Consistancy is totally different from the original chocolate and vanilla flavors. Its dense and sticks to everything. Your arm gets coated when you try to take a scoop out.

vadox6466

The powder is extremely dense and the scooper is a typical size. I've tried shaking it up to "fluff" it up, but it doesn't help.Consistancy is totally different from the original chocolate and vanilla flavors. Its dense and sticks to everything. Your arm gets coated when you try to take a scoop out.
do you have a gram scale? Id be curious how much a single scoop weighs, and comparing that value to the serving size (in grams) on the side

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just busted into mine, dam i love this stuff, its almost like a butter finger with a nutty after taste.....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried it with just water (asking, since I only ever use water to 'mix' my protein/for shakes, etc.)? How does it taste?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I just busted into mine, dam i love this stuff, its almost like a butter finger with a nutty after taste.....
Interesting... I wonder if flavoring and consistancy was off from tub to tub.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried it with just water (asking, since I only ever use water to 'mix' my protein/for shakes, etc.)? How does it taste?
I have used water in both flavors, and its great!.. Sometimes with protein its just to watered down, mixing this with water reminds me of some shakes with milk

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used water in both flavors, and its great!.. Sometimes with protein its just to watered down, mixing this with water reminds me of some shakes with milk
If the texture is anything like the original vanilla, then even in water, it will be a thick, grainy, "creamy" shake.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the texture is anything like the original vanilla, then even in water, it will be a thick, grainy, "creamy" shake.
That's exactly what it's like mixed in water.

And to me it's a bit much. Kinda not right as far as the flavor, maybe a bit strong. Tomorrow I'm going to mix it in even more water to see if that's good for me. I don't like the idea of having to mix it with that much water, but hey whatever. I usually try and always mix with as little water as possible, 8oz or so.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont know, I would call it a light creamy shake, I use 2 scoops with about 11-12oz of water.. now I have heard THICK, I was thinking a heavy muscle milk kinda thick, clearly not the case here, maybe its me:dunno:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know, I would call it a light creamy shake, I use 2 scoops with about 11-12oz of water.. now I have heard THICK, I was thinking a heavy muscle milk kinda thick, clearly not the case here, maybe its me:dunno:
I didn't mind the thickness (I used 2 scoops with only 8oz water; the water content makes a difference). Guess I'll just find out when I get some :dunno:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't mind the thickness (I used 2 scoops with only 8oz water; the water content makes a difference). Guess I'll just find out when I get some :dunno:
I havent used the original so I can not compare the two. I have never found a protein that went so well with just water, LG's is perfect it does make it thicker/creamy but with the water, its perfection IMO. If you enjoyed the first, you should have your socks blown off with the 2nd go around..

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I havent used the original so I can not compare the two. I have never found a protein that went so well with just water, LG's is perfect it does make it thicker/creamy but with the water, its perfection IMO. If you enjoyed the first, you should have your socks blown off with the 2nd go around..
While I can not say i'm a huge fan of the PB flavor, overall it tastes good, just not like PB to me. I will add that this Lipotropic protein is the best tasting of any protein in water. For some reason whey tends to lose most of its flavor in water, while this keeps it all. I actually prefer LGs protein in water over milk which is complete opposite of whey.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, I loved the original with water (always use water to mix my protein powder). Can't wait to try the new stuff :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, I loved the original with water (always use water to mix my protein powder). Can't wait to try the new stuff :)
well I just has a shake and used your 8oz of water, with 2 scoops, now that is a Thick shake, huge difference compared to my 11oz and I mean huge!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I can not say i'm a huge fan of the PB flavor, overall it tastes good, just not like PB to me. I will add that this Lipotropic protein is the best tasting of any protein in water. For some reason whey tends to lose most of its flavor in water, while this keeps it all. I actually prefer LGs protein in water over milk which is complete opposite of whey.

Im loving this stuff, you are right with with water, I have yet to use milk, and will not us it. no flavoring is lost here, which is nuts with any protein, whats your scoop count looking like?

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Gotta agree with Joebo here. This tastes nothing like PB to me either.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Im loving this stuff, you are right with with water, I have yet to use milk, and will not us it. no flavoring is lost here, which is nuts with any protein, whats your scoop count looking like?
I'm at roughly 8 scoops in and would think I have roughly 8 left. It could be deceiving and I may have more, but there is no way in hell there is anywhere remotely near 31 scoops in this container. If I did not receive it for free, I would be very pissed off with the contents... Other than that everything is pretty good.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Yeh, it smells like PB, but to me tastes nothing like it. I could almost see like a butter nut toffee or something like that. I also think it is overly sweet. I personally enjoyed the original chocolate much more. I'm hoping they didn't tweak that too much and make it this sweet.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hopefully this will be better than the choclate and vanilla...i have tried both flavors and didn't enjoy either of them...way to thick for me also...and maybe it's just me but everyone else says this stuff mixes amazing...but not for me...i have huge clumps stuck to the sit of my cup and at the bottom...not a fan of it...got 5lbs for $15 tho so i can't really complain

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well I just has a shake and used your 8oz of water, with 2 scoops, now that is a Thick shake, huge difference compared to my 11oz and I mean huge!
It's all good, though. Kind of reminds me of the porridge re texture that mum used to make when I was little.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
hopefully this will be better than the choclate and vanilla...i have tried both flavors and didn't enjoy either of them...way to thick for me also...and maybe it's just me but everyone else says this stuff mixes amazing...but not for me...i have huge clumps stuck to the sit of my cup and at the bottom...not a fan of it...got 5lbs for $15 tho so i can't really complain
Mixability with this new formula and the original I thought was top notch. No clumps whatsoever. Are you using a shaker or just a fork/spoon? I used to just use a fork and it would mix virutually perfectly

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dang i wish i could tried this stuff. LGS website always charged me huge shipping prices and i didnt get picked to log :/

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very good feedback joebo, especially on the taste which ive heard extremes of amazing to your thought of it not tasting like pb, but being god nonetheless

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mixability with this new formula and the original I thought was top notch. No clumps whatsoever. Are you using a shaker or just a fork/spoon? I used to just use a fork and it would mix virutually perfectly
funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
funny... for the first time today, I used a spoon to mix it in a glass and was shocked to how well it mixed i had 0 clumps, only used one scoop though
I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate having to dirty so many shakers throughout the day. This is why I love this lipotropic protein so much. Just pour some water or milk in a cup and a few stirs with a fork and its mixed. I find a fork tends to "blend" it up a bit better than a spoon does though. Try that with whey and you will always have a clumpy mess.... My main complaint with this new stuff is its overly sweet. I'm gonna order a tub of the chocolate when it comes to NP and hopefully its not too much different from the previous versions.
It is sweet, its a hit for some, and not a hit for others, and thats great to hear what you dont like about it, and value what you have to say :thumbsup:
Our New Chocolate should be in at the end of the month also..

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Keep the feedback coming guys, this was released early to get feedback on this and make the changes that are needed.

:)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

To sum it up:

Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Well, I got a total of ~21 scoops out of the tub and to be completely honest the last couple servings made me feel almost sick from how sweet and funky tasting this stuff is. I think it seems so odd that some seem to think this tastes like pb and yet mine tastes nothing like it. I would HIGHLY recommend this goes back to the development stage to perfect the flavor and leave out some of the sweetners. I'm interested in trying the chocolate again, and really hope it didn't get overly sweet.

To sum it up:

Taste: I would not recommend this flavor really to anyone. Their chocolate is 200% better tasting in my eyes. I'm not sure if some settling occured, but the bottom half of the container tasted even sweeter and I had to actually choke it down. I give it about a 3 out of 10 on taste

Mixibility: Can't beat this stuff for mixibility. Mixes great, not clumps. 10 out of 10

Overall: I will give the chocolate a shot in hopes that didn't get grossly re-flavored. I'm pretty stocked up on ATW protein right now from the crazy sales, but if NP runs a super sale on this stuff, i'll pick up chocolate to try. I would recommend you steer clear of the PB flavor. Also, I got 10 less servings than listed on the container. Even at a great price, this would have me concerned.
Between me getting only 20 scoops out of mine and this protein tasting pretty much like dirt, I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they do go back to perfect the flavor because I like the profile of this protein a lot.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Between me getting only 20 scoops out of mine and this protein tasting pretty much like dirt, I was pretty disappointed. Hopefully they do go back to perfect the flavor because I like the profile of this protein a lot.
You really do never know the truth on these boards, but I find it very hard to believe that people are enjoying this stuff and not just brown-nosing since they got chosen as a tester. I pride myself in giving honest reviews, good or bad, and how people are comparing this to a butterfinger is simply astonishing to me. Other than the smell, I see no way to relate this to PB. Don't get me wrong though. I loved the original chocolate and vanilla. Not quite sure why those needed to get reformulated.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for giving us your honest feed back bro.. Sorry the taste was not a go with you.. It could be like anything else some people really like something some hate it.. Im that way to with a few things, I really think it does taste like butter finger :lol:, seriously , thanks for taking the time to log this:thumbsup:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for giving us your honest feed back bro.. Sorry the taste was not a go with you.. It could be like anything else some people really like something some hate it.. Im that way to with a few things, I really think it does taste like butter finger :lol:, seriously , thanks for taking the time to log this:thumbsup:
Any comment on the containers only containing roughly half of the labeled servings? Just curious about this and what will be done to remedy it.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any comment on the containers only containing roughly half of the labeled servings? Just curious about this and what will be done to remedy it.
I will try and find out...

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
agreed, thanks for feedback man :)

ctAL

Awards
yikes..........i want to try this protein but....

this doesnt sound too good LG...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll open one up and test it out to see why the serving is off...maybe settling? I will check it out. I really like the taste but read the post about the protein, it isn't entirely hard to believe that different tubs taste different. We had to dump two companies because of inconsistent taste with their proteins. The new version is going to be a blend of Genus, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg and Micellar Casein...