Lab TESTORENE RANGES keep changing!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSamurai

Awards
HI!!!

sinse i first started TRT 4 years ago my lab total test range was 248-827ng/dl ( I had 1200ng/dl wich got tested because of gyno....after the test the doc gave me nolvadex for 6 months and my test went to 1500ng/dl and once i stopped treatment my test levels dumped to 500ng/dl never returning to it´s original level....gyno symptoms went away but libido and muscle went too) but the doc insisted it was normal so i stayed 1 year suffering low test and total impotence, i couldnt get up even for masturbation. Then i went to other doc and he put me on enough test to bump me to 700ng/dl....symptoms kept..libido got only litle better.......then all the sudden the lab range changed...it went from 248-1100 ng/dl. so i asked the doc if he could bump my testosterone...he upped the dosage and now i am at 950ng/dl and feeling much better, libido is good ( not like it was before nolvadex) and strengh increased. e2 has to be controled with .5mg arimidex week. now tha same lab changed ranges again. it´s giving 248-1600ng/dl...
WHAT THE ****!!??? I want to up my levels to the upper 1/3 range like dr jhon says in the protocol...so i should get levels to 1300ng/dl or should i ignore the new ranges?

any idea why ranges changed throughout this years???

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im not an expert by anymeans, maybe some of the pros here can help you more, but I can concur with your confusion about the testing ranges changes, overtime Ive seen these:

241-827
260-1000
260-1200

All from the same lab, and its easy to see why your not really sure what to shoot for, pardon the pun.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Im no expert here either, but Im pretty sure its about 900 you should be aiming for. Though every man is different and some need a little more than that. Some can operate with no problems on 300 so maybe aim for 900, see how you feel, then tune it up to what you need personally.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
There is not a magical # to shoot for, whatever number makes you feel normal is the number to stay at.

-Steve

JesusReagan

JesusReagan

Awards
HI!!!

sinse i first started TRT 4 years ago my lab total test range was 248-827ng/dl ( I had 1200ng/dl wich got tested because of gyno....

I had test run on 5/18, I was ~220 ng/ml and the scale upper limit was 1200. I also had test run on 6/8, and I was 255 ng/ml with a scale that said upper range was 827. The doc I saw the other day (seems *very* knowledgable) said that they were different test methods, not a changing scale on the same test.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
HI!!!

sinse i first started TRT 4 years ago my lab total test range was 248-827ng/dl ( I had 1200ng/dl wich got tested because of gyno....after the test the doc gave me nolvadex for 6 months and my test went to 1500ng/dl and once i stopped treatment my test levels dumped to 500ng/dl never returning to it´s original level....gyno symptoms went away but libido and muscle went too) but the doc insisted it was normal so i stayed 1 year suffering low test and total impotence, i couldnt get up even for masturbation. Then i went to other doc and he put me on enough test to bump me to 700ng/dl....symptoms kept..libido got only litle better.......then all the sudden the lab range changed...it went from 248-1100 ng/dl. so i asked the doc if he could bump my testosterone...he upped the dosage and now i am at 950ng/dl and feeling much better, libido is good ( not like it was before nolvadex) and strengh increased. e2 has to be controled with .5mg arimidex week. now tha same lab changed ranges again. it´s giving 248-1600ng/dl...
WHAT THE ****!!??? I want to up my levels to the upper 1/3 range like dr jhon says in the protocol...so i should get levels to 1300ng/dl or should i ignore the new ranges?

any idea why ranges changed throughout this years???
I do not have solution for everybody, but those who go to labs in USA, use only QuestDiagnostics.

Quest Diagnostics Incorporated: The nation’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, services, blood tests, and lab tests.
Find labs location:
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/psc/jsp/hcp_psc_index.jsp

Draw blood only at the Quest blood drawing station.

Pick up routine for time of testing, since T blood level fluctuate.

I draw blood at the day of my shot before shot.
That gives minimum t level.

When using transdermals, never put them at locations from where the blood is drawn.

In USA, second best is LabCorp.