KLEEN'S Corner - Where the Cool Kidz Kick It!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay now that I know who it was I will see if i can't remember to do it one day. LOL

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good, Kleen - and congrats on those chins! 19 is legit, especially at that weight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The marines had a pullup bar challenge at the music festival in memphis last wknd, & there was this SCRAWNY little crossfit kid kipping out reps like a moron & people were cheering him on. I don't get how 140lb guy should need to kip to get 20 pullups. Or why these marines were counting them, but w/e.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well because the didn't expect him to do real chins like they have to. Thanks for the compliments too. I think all 19 of mine would have counted by most anyone's standards. I could have hit 20 with some kips but with my biceps still being tender I am not trying to create that type of explosive force right now.

So Coach Matt wrote up a nice program for me so I am going to be following this as closely as possible. Here is the Chest workout from Yesterday and what I will be doing tonight. This has an alternate workout I do every other week for each group.

Chest

Warm up rotator cuffs on cable – 15 in 15 out 2 sets then 2 sets of the side machine
light – windshield wipers(stand flat against the wall and follow the wall up and touch hands at the top – as if you were making a snow angel but make sure to be flush against the wall

-Incline dumbbell press 10 8 6 6 <-double drop

-Flat bench 3 sets 8 8 6 – 2 sets 2 sec paused reps(controlled 5 don’t kill yourself)

-Hammer strength plate loaded chest pushout machine – 3 sets 4 second positive 6
second negative 8 reps (Don’t go too heavy and make sure your really hurting)

- Fly finisher
2 sets - highest setting 15 reps 20 second rest

2 sets with the cables coming from the notch just under your chest and the rep should be a big hug and squeeze 15 reps 20 seconds rest

2 sets from the bottom – not a fly, posture chest out, press out and up in a pressing motion with the cables. Make sure you feel it in upper chest 2 sets of 12 – 20 sec rest

Tonight is back and the workout looks like this.

Back

Warm Up - 1 k meter LIGHT row – its only 5 minutes

-Heavy lat pulldowns plate loaded machine 10 8 6 <-double drop

-Overhand rows WIDE 10 8 6 <-double drop

-Hammer strength or any plate loaded low row supersetted with low cable rows 12 12 12(focus on a stretch on the decline and come to a flat back and squeeze- don’t
concern yourself with heavy weight)

-Rack pulls 10 8 6

-Cable pulldowns wide grip 10 10 10 supersetted with the close grip lat pulldown piece 10 10 10 supersetted to machine pullovers(focus on stretching at the top as
the primary purpose then breath out and squeeze – no need for heavy weight ) 12 12 12

- OPTIONAL if you can make it lol

Low rows with Olympic bar in the corner and use the close grip attachment supersetted with LIGHT underhand rows 10 10 10 // 10 10 10

Yeah I definitely have my work cut out for me!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Nice lift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys, so it looks like I will be starting a new log here shortly for the new Iron Flex Formabolic it is a Formestane Transdermal solution. I will be using it to keep estro from my 200mg TRT dose down. I will also increase the dose once I have done my blood work to see what kind of benefits I can squeeze out by keeping my test levels higher not aromatizing to estro plus whatever I get from conversion to 4-Test. I will post a link up in here once I get that going. I will still keep up with some of my workouts here but commentary and what not will be in the other log.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Simon, it should be.

Well I am officially sore from my chest workout. I ended up having to deal with some family stuff last night so today I will do some conditioning drills during lunch then hit back tonight. I really enjoyed the workout the other day and look forward to tonights. However it may be a beast to try to superset some of this at the gym tonight. Who knows I may have to adjust if for a home gym workout. We shall see.

Yesterdays macros were on point for my low day at 304p, 158c, and 97f and today is a high day so the goals are 300p, 300c, 100f today.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lift this weekend? Maybe in the afternoon?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good idea let me check with the wife to make sure I don't have anything going on. Whatever we do will basically be your schedule since my split is not set for weekends. That or we could do chest which would replace Monday's workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a good idea let me check with the wife to make sure I don't have anything going on. Whatever we do will basically be your schedule since my split is not set for weekends. That or we could do chest which would replace Monday's workout.
Alrighty. Not sure what day I'll be on since I added in a second leg day. Lemme know something. Could either do Saturday or Sunday around five.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good I will check the schedule and let you know.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay so everything seems to be going pretty well right now. My joints seem to have calmed down a bit and the workouts have been going pretty well. I am seeing a chiro for my sciatica which is bothering me a little but only slightly.

On tap for tonight is legs, and Shoulders and Arms tomorrow. I may swap out the two because the legs looks impossible for a crowded gym. It looks to be a beast of a workout.

Legs

German volume squats 8 sets of 8

Step ups 10 8 8 dropset

Walking or standing lunges or split squats 10 8 8

Leg press light and deep 20 15 10 triple dropset

Super Set1
Leg extension 15 15 15
Lying leg curl 15 15 15
Plate loaded hack squat light and deep 10 10 10

Super Set 2
Leg adduction
Leg abduction
Seated leg curl superset 15 15 12

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the sciatica - it's awful when it flares up.

What does the chiro do for you for that? Only thing that helps mine is massage therapy (but it is $$$)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He is working to try to level my hips. My right hip sits up a bit higher than my left does and I guess can cause some sheering or inflammation which is bothering it. Other than that there are some techniques I am going to start applying very soon. Getting ready to order Kelly Starret's Supple Leopard and some of his recommended tools for soft tissue manipulation. It is becoming abundantly clear to me I need to be actively correcting my issues as i go or I am going to be spending a lot of down time from training in my upcoming years.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Old guy's sciatica tip: if you have a wallet in the back pocket of your pants, move it to one of the front pockets and never put it in the back one again.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Old guy's sciatica tip: if you have a wallet in the back pocket of your pants, move it to one of the front pockets and never put it in the back one again.
When I did massage, it was amazing how many times these two things correlated

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, & I always felt like a dork because I keep my wallet in the front pocket cuz it's easier to sit down comfy, even tho it looks funny. Nobody's laughing now, are they?

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Old man can do chins at 210, impressive. Get that Supple Leopard bro, tis chock full of experience. That wallet sht is funny but true, its why I use a phone case/card case

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Old man can do chins at 210, impressive. Get that Supple Leopard bro, tis chock full of experience. That wallet sht is funny but true, its why I use a phone case/card case
I do the same, my phone has a clip on the back. It holds my debit/credit card and license. I really don't carry anything else.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the tip Tom, I actually have carried my "wallet" in my front pocket for years. It is actually the card section out of a wallet. However I have manages to over stuff it by now. LOL Having decent legs though it definitely looks funny with my wallet and my phone bulging out on the front of my thigh.This is definitely a misalignment of my hips from repeated injuries. Stemmed mostly from a severe sprain in my hip flexor. I need to not only have the bones aligned but have some deep tissue and ART to break up the binding scar tissue that holds my hip in that position. Workout was a good one last night. I ended up doing my shoulders and arms in the garage. I started with shoulder pressBB Standing Shoulder Press 95x25, 135x15, 155x13, 155x9 As far as the rest of it I basically did 2 supersets taking each to failure with 95 lbs Close grip shoulder press > EZ Curls > Triceps extensions > Side raises 25 lbs for 4 rounds with 1-2 minutes rest Super Set 2Upright rows > curls > cg push ups > DB rear delts 25lbs for 4 rounds 1-2 minutes rest. I was a sweaty mess but I enjoyed the hell out of the workout. Diet has been on point, kind of stabilizing right now as the drop in calories works to clean me up and the lower glycogen retention has my muscles just a little less full. Gearing up for my big methyl run coming soon too. Starting from where I am I should look completely sick by the end of the run!!!!We decided to change up compounds and keep it a little milder than originally planned but it is still a very substantial stack. Instead of running a triple methyl run at high dose we decided to drop the DMZ and go with 8 weeks of EP1STANE and D1METHADROL at 60mg/40mg respectively. Should be a very hard and dry stack.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dimethadrol is Msten & Dimethandrostenol, so it's still a triple methyl stack lol. 60mg of epi just treated me super well (it was only 40 days of epi, & 45mg most of the time). Loved Msten, & only read positives about mithras. This should be really sick.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Very nice stack! I'll be here for the ride to see how it treats you. Kleen's on the gain train:)

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dimethadrol is Msten & Dimethandrostenol, so it's still a triple methyl stack lol. 60mg of epi just treated me super well (it was only 40 days of epi, & 45mg most of the time). Loved Msten, & only read positives about mithras. This should be really sick.
Stenadrol is msten and dimethandrostenol. ....;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stenadrol is msten and dimethandrostenol. ....;)
So dimethadrol is your dimethandrostenol clone? This is making more sense.

Still...you could run Stenadrol, Kleen - Msten would be worthy inclusion here, at 20mg prob.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So dimethadrol is your dimethandrostenol clone? This is making more sense.

Still...you could run Stenadrol, Kleen - Msten would be worthy inclusion here, at 20mg prob.
Yep...10mg per cap of dimethandrostenol x 120 caps. Sweet isn't it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep...10mg per cap of dimethandrostenol x 120 caps. Sweet isn't it?
Yes. Any idea on when the rest of your lineup is coming to Orbit? We've had epistane, tren, & trest for like 2 wks & we've already sold out of Olympus's Ep15tane lol. So it's safe to say you guys are being well received!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. Any idea on when the rest of your lineup is coming to Orbit? We've had epistane, tren, & trest for like 2 wks & we've already sold out of Olympus's Ep15tane lol. So it's safe to say you guys are being well received!
I'll find out;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Big Man just ask Mitch to order some. He is normally pretty good about trying to get what you want carried.As far as the EP1STANE and D1METHADROL I think it is going to be just right for my next run. Yeah I could drop some MSten in the mix if I wanted to but I don't think I will need it. I also have extra epi and some DMZ I could drop in there but we intend to hit up some DMZ in the final part of prep unless the D1METHADROL ends up providing even more than expected. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am pretty stoked to see how I do with this particular run. EPI is one of my favorite DS, it always treats me nicely and I have really high hopes for the D1METH at a dose of 40. However I will bump things up if I feel I need to for my goals. Seeing as I wasn't really bulking on the Tren Dev, I really expect a good bit of muscle memory to come into play here shooting me back up around 208 but much leaner. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now for the bad well physique wise but awesome otherwise... I took an impromptu weekend off from training and diet. I knew my little sister was coming in but when she got here we just got into this funny mood to go out to eat and have a few drinks. Stayed up most of the night Friday, getting to bed about 2:45AM then I had to get up for post maintenance testing from work from 4:00-5:15AM then tried to go back to sleep and was woke up at 7AM to get ready to go to my daughters Karate Tournament. I am trying to find the video for it but I think my wife may have only put it on Facebook instead of youtube.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyway we repeated the process Saturday and then went out to Kemah Sunday so it reall just ended up being a vacation weekend for me. I am holding a little water from it but nothing major. That will have been my last hoorah for this and comes at a time it isn't too big a deal since I am at 22 weeks out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright so last night my son wanted to lift with me so we did it in the garage. Not a ton of exercises were done but several sets between flat and incline bench.

Flat Bench = several sets main work set 225x23 PR! then dropped to 155x failure and 135x failure- I was working up and getting an idea where my sons strength was so we did several sets for him to get the form right and then start working his weights up to see where we were starting from. I think we did about 7 sets here
Flat Bench 4 second negatives, 2 second pause on chest - 155x failure, 175x failure, 175x failure - the pump was already getting pretty ridiculous!
Incline Bench - 135x20, 155x20, 185x15, 225x10, 225x8, 135x failure - I was just swole the hell up here. My chest was so thick and full by the time we were done you could have probably set a cup on the top of me pecs.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job on chest. Working out with your son is priceless.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
i feel like i'd be sore after 16 sets of chest too. LOL

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I hope one of my boys will workout with me when they get older. Nice job on that PR, 225x23, just plain insane!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Working out with the old man...priceless.

I remember when I started lifting with my old man 9 years ago...it was like working out with a superhero. 9 years later(old man is turning 56 soon) we are gonna be summer lift buddies once again, but this time it's his turn to play catch up to me lol. But I wont make it easy...goal is to hit 405 this summer muahahahaha!

Father/son lift time is priceless! Building bonds that last forever

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice job on chest. Working out with your son is priceless.
Thanks and no doubt. I love to workout and didn't mind that I would be limiting some of my workout to include him. Tonight is back gonna see if he can do chins! :)
i feel like i'd be sore after 16 sets of chest too. LOL
Surprisingly not so sore... YET!
which one wanted to work out?
Christian of course. Bear has absolutely no interest in anything physical.
I hope one of my boys will workout with me when they get older. Nice job on that PR, 225x23, just plain insane!
Yeah has been somethingg I hoped for for a while. Not going to assume it will stay but if so it would be pretty awesome.
Working out with the old man...priceless.I remember when I started lifting with my old man 9 years ago...it was like working out with a superhero. 9 years later(old man is turning 56 soon) we are gonna be summer lift buddies once again, but this time it's his turn to play catch up to me lol. But I wont make it easy...goal is to hit 405 this summer muahahahaha!Father/son lift time is priceless! Building bonds that last forever
No doubt, and I always thought it was cool that you and your old man lifted together. If this son sticks with it he will end up being extremely strong for his size. He just basically told me if he couldn't grow taller he wanted to get bigger. He is the one that came out to the garage and dead lifted 225x5 last year at like 112 lbs just to see if he could do it.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like in 9 years if your son keeps at it...you're gonna know what my dad feels like haha! Thats awesome!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I am sure that he is more proud than he is humbled. My boy has some making up to do as far as that goes. He does not have my genetics regarding being naturally thick. So that part is going to take some work but I think he will get there soon enough. Right now I am just trying to get him involved since he has an interest. It was pretty cool when he saw me put 225 on the bar a second time for Inclines. He was like SHEESH Dad you are a fricken animal!!!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well Kleen...you are an animal, so his comment was quite on point!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Good **** Kleen. Happy for you that you have a son that shares your interests. Definitely wanting to stay up to date with your progress at 22 weeks out. Good luck bro

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good **** Kleen. Happy for you that you have a son that shares your interests. Definitely wanting to stay up to date with your progress at 22 weeks out. Good luck bro

Thanks, I am not getting to over excited about him starting until I have him hooked. LOL I have to admit I have high hopes, and he definitely wants to get big so we shall see.

Thanks GH for the Animal comment! My Mom used to call me Animal sometimes because i reminder her of the Muppet. LOL That or Taz. LOL

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If he doesn't end up putting much size on but continues to develop strength well at least he's primed to compete in some junior class powerlifting. That's how Mark Bell started, & look at that fool go now. Working on 1,100lb suited squats & benching over 7 shirted all day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He will end up putting on some size once he eats and does some lifting. He has not been active in a long time. He came out and worked back with me last night.

10 sets of chins / pull ups with varying grips - started these at 5 reps for the first few sets then went to 10 for a few sets then did a max effort set for 18 chins, then basically did a few more sets to failure not using kip ups or anything.

Bent Over Rows 135x15, 155x15, 175x15, 185x12, 225x10, 225x10, 225x7, 135x22 - decided to stop here because my biceps tendon was starting to hurt.

The Boy held up pretty good, he did the first several sets to 5 then we hooked up one of the bands for him to do assisted chins. He also performed his first ever bent over rows and we worked hard on the form to get them right. He really seemed to enjoy working hard. Could be the praise when done correctly. LOL

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice!!! My son has never trained with me (as he goes to a gym), but my daughter has... feels good to help them out, and see them work so hard.