MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training today was good, wife got back in the gym with me which is awesome both that her health is allowing it and that I get that special time with her again!!!!

I took it easy today breaking the weights back in had only been doing cardio for about a week or so it seems. Plus as mentioned the wife was with me so she needed a break in period also. Was very happy that I did not experience any numbness during training today. Last time I trained my arm went numb and as you can imagine that ruined the workout.

Did 1 exercise for chest, back, shoulders and biceps with lighter weights and did each set until if felt like work. Not pushing anything too hard.

Hoist Roc-It Supported Rows - 115x20ish, 125x15+, 140x15+, 160x12-15
Hoist Roc-It Decline Press - 115x20ish, 125x15+, 140x15+, 160x12-15

Hoist Roc_It Shoulder Press - 100x20ish, x15ish, x12-15

Hammer Curls On Preacher Machine 25kg x 20-25, 30kg x 18

Treadmill x 20 minutes 228 calories

Oh yeah, I weighed myself before going to the gym to see where I am on my goal of getting to 207, I am 212.6 as of today so well on my way as long as I keep things going I will reach this before March and then set a new goal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Training today was good, wife got back in the gym with me which is awesome both that her health is allowing it and that I get that special time with her again!!!!

I took it easy today breaking the weights back in had only been doing cardio for about a week or so it seems. Plus as mentioned the wife was with me so she needed a break in period also. Was very happy that I did not experience any numbness during training today. Last time I trained my arm went numb and as you can imagine that ruined the workout.

Did 1 exercise for chest, back, shoulders and biceps with lighter weights and did each set until if felt like work. Not pushing anything too hard.

Oh yeah, I weighed myself before going to the gym to see where I am on my goal of getting to 207, I am 212.6 as of today so well on my way as long as I keep things going I will reach this before March and then set a new goal.
I love those roc-it machines... rarely see them but I always make it a point to use them as their motion and planes seem to fit me very well and I always feel them

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love those roc-it machines... rarely see them but I always make it a point to use them as their motion and planes seem to fit me very well and I always feel them
My 24Hr went pretty much exclusively to the Hoist line and most are the Roc It, some of them I love and some the starting positions don't really agree with my frame. I do like all of the pulling machines a lot. I just wish that the pressing stuff was a little deeper into the stretched position for a starting place. I feel like I am starting at like a board press or something on all of the chest machines. I think it is supposed to be more joint friendly though but for me puts me at an odd starting position.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Happy for you and your wife mate!

Trying to get mine to come lift with me but so far no luck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy for you and your wife mate!

Trying to get mine to come lift with me but so far no luck!
Thanks, yeah she hadn't been to the gym since 2014 when her health got bad initially.

This morning was 45 minutes of mixed cardio not sure on the calories as the first machine I was doing HIIT on did not have a place to enter weight. I did 35 minutes on that then another 10 on the treadmill.

Followed that up with some crunches with leg lifts and my PT exercises between it. Then went to the sauna for my PT stretches.

I was supposed to go in for PT this morning but a pop up project meeting for one of my projects was scheduled yesterday. So going to have to reschedule it. This nerve stuff is a pain in the ass.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Legs today

Glute Activation Work = Banded Glute Raises off of bench 3x15 with TRX Heavy band with 3 second isometric contraction
5 Minutes Stairmill

Leg Abductors 100x15, 120x15, 120x15
- tempo 4-0-2-4
Leg Adductors 120x15, 120x15, 120x15 - tempo 4-0-2-4

Leg Press - Squat Stance - 6p x15, 8p x 15, 10p x15, 12p x12, 14p x10 - P=plates, Tempo 3-0-2-0

Bike x 16 minutes - Had to break drop the kids off at the pool.

My son texted about something nasty he saw on the road while I was on the way. So the response he got from me was...

"Was doing cardio and had to stop to drop the kids off at the pool. The guy next to me is killing it. Seriously something died over there, and I think his nasty ass crusty feet are what killed it!!!!"

He was rolling and kept joking with me about it... Take a picture of his feet Dad... NO WAY!!!

WTF, people take care of your feet or keep them covered... How you gonna wear slides at the gym when your feet look like they should be declared a hazard to human kind!!!! Trim the nails lotion them up, get a fuggin powertool after that crap... those things were busted the hell up...

Just thought I would share. LMAO.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well not sure if my 4:00AM alarm went off and I killed it or it just didn't go off, no recollection of it going off. Either way I did not make it to the gym this morning. It's okay I will make up for it later today. Not like I have to go to work tomorrow so can definitely squeeze some cardio in tonight.

I have been staying on top of my nutrition lately, increased fruit and veggie intake while maintaining a 300-500 calories deficit by my estimation. Not on a set meal plan just keeping up with what I eat and tallying it up. Not weighing food so these are loose estimations but typically overestimate intentionally on food so I know I am in a deficit. Going to start actually tracking and weighing things again to make sure I am correct. Get it all under wraps however sometimes it is hard when having combined meals like casseroles and what not which has been a big part of my meals lately. Also stepping up my lifting a bit again, was lacking pretty hard for the last 3 weeks so trying to push in some areas more and more. Not sure if that will result in a stall on actual weight loss while muscles improve or if I will continue to see the scale go down at the same rate. Even if so it will only be a week or two stall so not worrying myself over it. Especially knowing it will the result of re-composition and not slowing of fat loss.

Going to start updating tracked caloric intake in here again as that always helps with accountability as well. Just ramping things up more and more which is typically how I get back into the swing of things. Increasing good habits a step at a time instead of just blasting full force into a transformation type of mindset where everything has to be perfect starting now and then try to maintain that. I can do that but it is not my natural mode even in the challenges we have done I am typically a slower starter and then once it is all full bore... BAM! I am hard to keep up with.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit the gym twice this weekend one was a touch on chest and back but high volume for shoulders and arms Saturday, and a nice bit of cardio Sunday. Saturday was a feel out kind of session to see what I could push without the arm going numb.

Warm Up x 10 minutes
Free Motion machine external rotator cuff work - 9 sets
Free Motion I-T-Y-W 3 rounds of 15 each

Super Set x 4 rounds
Free Motion Lat Pull Downs with scap holds
- 35lbs x 2 hand x 5, 1 hand hold contracted other x5 reps for each, alernate hand held and hand repping x5 each
Free Motion Seated Straight Arm Crossover - 35x1-2 reps shy of form failure.

Top 2/3 ROM DB Side Raises - 20x 1-2 shy of failure x4

Super Set 2 - 5 Rounds
Constant Tension Seated DB Side Raises
- 15x until ROM was shortened to lower 2/3
Constant Tension Seated Rear Delts - 15x until ROM was shortened to 1/2

Super Set 3 - 4 rounds
DB Hammer Curls
- 30x15, 35x1-2 reps shy of failure x 3 rounds
DB Cross Body Triceps Extensions - 30x15, 35x1-2 reps shy of failure x 3 rounds

Super Set 4 x 5 rounds sets last 2 mechanical drops
Rope Supinating Curls
- 40 x 1-2 shy of failure, 60x 1-2 shy of failure, 60x failure
Rope Overhead Extensions - 40 x 1-2 shy of failure, 60x 1-2 shy of failure, 60x failure,

Super Set 5 - 2 rounds
Rope Hammer Curls 60x fail x 2
Rope Triceps Extension 60x fail x 2

Super Set 6=6 rounds 2 up 4 down - first 2 1-2 shy of failure, last 4 failure/ shortened ROM
Cybex Preacher Curl
- 25kg, 30kg, 25kg, 20kg, 15kg, 10kg
Cybex Triceps Ext - 30kg, 35kg, 30kg, 25kg, 20kg, 15kg

Cybex Side Raise machine 35kg, 25kg, 20kg, 15kg - all sets done all the way into shortened ROM

Rear Delt Fly Machine - 40kg, 30kg, 25kg, 20kg, to form failure

This workout felt great, I adjusted ROM on some areas to keep things in a good working range and kept form tight. Not too worried about the multiple sets to failure with these types of movement, they are not going to tax my CNS at all. I was looking huge for what I have seen lately and shoulders and arms were completely full of blood!!!!

===========================================================================

Sunday - WEIGH IN DAY - 211.1 down from 217.7 lbs I think that is -1.4 lbs from last week
Cardio and Abs and PT exercises
Glute Activation Work
Treadmill
- 40 minutes

ABS - 4 Sets Crunches x AMRAP

Neck and Rotator Cuff Work in Sauna

=========================================================================

Monday was a planned off day - Was off of work and planned Honey Do's and a Daddy Daughter Date / Free Meal

=============================================================================

Today was a Cardio Ab and Rehab day

Glute Activation Work
40 Minutes Treadmill + 5 minute cool down
- 487 cals

Super Set x 4 rounds
TRX Straight Leg Ab Fall-outs - x fail
Banded Quadruped Chin Tucks - x 1 minute

Sauna - 15 minutes
Internal External Rotator Cuff Exercises
- Black band x 9 sets

Banded Dislocators - Black band x 15 x 3 sets

Arms and shoulders still a tiny bit sore from Sunday, very happy with that.

Update on numbness - it is manageable, IE once it kicks in I know what to do or am doing wrong so I can wake it up. Still not sure it is actually getting better going to try to get in to see PT this week. If not will be making an appointment at Airrosti... as long as this does not get any worse I have every intention of keeping things up until I lose the weight I want to lose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aka, send nudes!
Okay, next time I get that upper body pump going I will take a few gym pics.

Oh yeah I did some meal prep yesterday, Harissa Chicken w/ Roasted Red Peppers = FUGGING AWESOME!!!!

2lbs sliced & saute'd chicken breasts
2 jars Private Selection Moroccan Inspired Harissa & Roasted Red Pepper Simmering Sauce
2.5 cups cooked rice
1 bell pepper, 2 jalapenos

6 servings = 49g protein, 29g carb, 13g fat & 431 calories per serving
2/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt - 17p, 7c, 0f
66p, 36c, 13f = 531 calories

I am having this for 2 meals a day alongside my staple breakfast

6 eggs + 1 tbls of olive oil for breakfast, and 1 jalapeno - 36p, 44f, 1c = 543 calories

Then whatever dinner is, and a salad and shake when I lift.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/22/20 Upper Push / Pull - Rest = Back and forth with wife so 60-90 seconds tops

Warm Up = Elliptical & TRX I-T-Y 3 rounds of 15 each

Bench Press - 95x15, 135x15,Add Slingshot 185x15, 185x12, 185x8
- shoulder still not happy with this due to nerve, once pushing harder it starts to light it up...

Assisted Pull Up Machine - WG-80x15, 12, 9, NGx11- Nerve induced weakness in arm / shoulder doesn't allow for real pull ups any longer... UGH!!! Working with what I can...

Hoist RocIt Supported Row Machine Supinated Grip - 100x15, 150x15, 180x15, 185x11 - Wanted to get some biceps focus here.

Roc It Shoulder Press 100x15, 150x15, 170x15, 180x12 - These felt good, much better than benching does.

Straight Arm Lat Pulldown on free motion machine - 27x15 x 2 sets

Was going to do crossovers or straight arm pec deck but ran out of time.

Good News, I got the opportunity to do the log the Lean Muscle Stack from BLR to help me along with this fat loss journey. I will be moving most of my posting to that log once I get my product in. Looking forward to having some assistance and also the additional bump in accountability. I will link that log up in here once I get it started.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bump in accountability.......
That's it right there brother!!!
AMEN, I don't pretend to say that it won't add that benefit for me. I have been quite accountable since the beginning of the year. The loss of 6 lbs in just under 3 weeks proves that. However this will definitely help me to maintain my course which is where things can go wrong. Falling off of the rails so to speak.

Speaking of accountability my calories were on point for my goals yesterday P= 237g F= 88g C=117g = 2208 cals which is right in the area I want to be on a cardio day.

We’re gonna be log mates
WooHoo!!! Hopefully we see some real benefits here.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AMEN, I don't pretend to say that it won't add that benefit for me. I have been quite accountable since the beginning of the year. The loss of 6 lbs in just under 3 weeks proves that. However this will definitely help me to maintain my course which is where things can go wrong. Falling off of the rails so to speak.

Speaking of accountability my calories were on point for my goals yesterday P= 237g F= 88g C=117g = 2208 cals which is right in the area I want to be on a cardio day.

WooHoo!!! Hopefully we see some real benefits here.
I just need time off with good cholesterol, and allegedly Follidrone promotes lower LDL, so I figure this will at least benefit me even if body composition doesn’t change any for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just need time off with good cholesterol, and allegedly Follidrone promotes lower LDL, so I figure this will at least benefit me even if body composition doesn’t change any for me.
Yeah I totally understand that. I am not sure how much it will have to offer as far as muscle but the increased accountability on it's own will help me with fat loss since being injured makes it hard to want to stay consistent. Not being able to make strides forward in strength or performance is killing motivation. So this will help with that and I am confident I will get some estrogen control and a bit of assistance with fat loss. Hoping to be impressed. We shall see.

I went to Physical Therapy today and through some exercise and discussion of how things were feeling he said that it seems the nerve is calming down a bit. That it was good I was starting to feel some of the sending stimulation / tingle when he applied pressure to certain instead of only feeling numbness take over the arm. So I am happy about that.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
All progress is good progress with injuries... so fickle at times

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All progress is good progress with injuries... so fickle at times
Agreed!!! Was good to hear since my frustration with it is peaking and that is never a good sign for me. Have to keep away from the level that inspires the hands thrown up in the air accompanied by a loud "F*CK IT!"

Yesterdays nutrition closed out at around 2400 which was good for my goals on a Build day. Today will be a bit lower.

Workout today was cardio.

Treadmill - 40 + cool down 467 calories
Abs - 3 sets of Roman Chair Leg Raise
- straight leg feet above head level x 15
Superset with Neck rehab work.

Sauna = 15 minutes + 9 sets rotator cuff work and some stretching while in there.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I forgot to mention I added in some running to todays cardio, did 2 minutes on 2 minutes off at a slow 4.5mph but was on a 5 degree incline so speed wasn't the focus so much as breaking in a bit and getting my lungs and musculature ready for it a bit. I want to get back to where I can run a good 3 miles and do some all out 1 mile times here and there. Never been a great distance runner but could at least run 5 miles at a 9 minute pace back in AIT. Hell I would be happy to see a 9 minute single mile at this point. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5 miles at 9min a mile is cooking bro!!
It was a requirement to graduate AIT or I would have never made it. I was dogging the last mile and a half... gasping and wheezing like an asthmatic having an attack!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been a busy day so far today. Finally able to update.

Yesterdays calories ended up just under 2200 calories, high protein lowish carbs and fat.

Todays my eating has been on point. I have taken in just under 1500 cals so far and will get in another 1300-1500 tonight.

Training today

Stairmill x 10 minutes

Super Set
Weighted Hip Thrusts - 135x15 x 3
Squats 135x15, 185x12, 185x8
- then I put it down because my nerve flared up and told me to. LOL

Leg Press - 8p + 2 25s x15, 10p +2 25s x15, 12p + 2 25s x 12, 14p +2 25s x12

Super Set
Lying Leg Curls 40kg x15, 50kg x15, 60kg x12, 65kg x8
Leg Extensions 45kg x 15, 60kg x15, 75kg x 15, 85kg x12

Super Set
AbDuctors - 100x15, 120x15, 120x15
Adductors 120x15, 130x15, 140x12

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looking good! keep up the great work

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sunday Morning Weigh In 212.7 - UP 1.6 lbs from last week... Frustrating with as much attention as I was paying to diet. Although I have been training a lot harder, especially on legs. My legs do feel like they are blowing up and are much tighter in my pants than they have been. Arms and shoulders as well. So not gonna freak out. I know this could also be water or some other fluctuation but still not what I wanted to see.

Had a rough go of it at the gym Sunday. I went in to try to do my shoulder and arm focused workout and did all my warm ups and whatnot trying to get the nerve and shoulder to play well. No matter what I did I just couldn't do anything that didn't either cause a decent bit of nerve discomfort or make my shoulder and arm go numb. I tried between 6-8 different exercises and just couldn't get anything to work out for me. I got really frustrated and was about to walk out then I decided to man up and get my ass into the cardio room and choose something that I knew the area would not stop me from performing. So I did the recumbent bike.

Warm Up -
Total Body Rower - 13:38
- I was watching a John Meadows Triceps training video so I just went until it was done. Was also hoping the work would get the neck and shoulder to cooperate.
Neck Rehab work - 7 sets
Rotator Cuff Work x 9 sets

CGBP- Instant Pain with 95lbs
Dip Machine 2 sets very light trying to get pain to go away...
Triceps Machine Superset with Preacher Curls 2 sets - very light but caused discomfort on triceps and numbness on curls
Different Machine Super set same result
Cable Triceps and Biceps still issues
Was going to try use DB's but all lighter ones were taken...

Almost quit and walked out...

Man'ed up and went to do cardio

Recumbent Bike - 35 minutes + 5 minute cool down - 342 cals

4 Sets of Weighted ab work -
not sure what the machine is called but I liked it...

Sauna time for relaxation, I earned it!!!

===========================================================

1/27/2020
Cardio Day

Treadmill - 10 degree incline x 40 Minutes + 5 minutes cool down - 521 Calories - I did 2 minutes working up to 10 degrees,

Sauna - 20 minutes -
Rotator Cuff Work 9 sets

Abs Super Set
Crunches
- until hard to do
Lying Vacuum - until unable to hold 30+ seconds each

looking good! keep up the great work
Thanks!!! I am doing my best under the current circumstances...

I am going back to Intermittent Fasting as far as my eating window goes. I was not taking into account that with the cortisol shot I am a lot more likely to store fat once I start eating in the AM even when I am not eating a surplus. Not saying I would not be able to lose weight while on it. However at this point I am at a disadvantage hormone wise. So I am going to go back to what I know will help with that.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardio and sauna is a good combo. Sukks your still dealing with the shoulder pain.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
John Meadows is just the coolest. Love when he has his son on his Youtube videos.

IF is such a great way to downsize. It gets a lot of crap from bodybuilders but it’s only a poor choice for gaining in my opinion - it just plain makes sense for losing weight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio and sauna is a good combo. Sukks your still dealing with the shoulder pain.
I agree on both...

Just got back from PT, they recommended I go see a neck specialist and get an MRI scheduled. I asked if they thought I might need surgery and he said no. Right now I didn't seem like a candidate for surgery. Just that it would help them by knowing exactly where the issue was and that I probably need another Cortisone shot but in my neck this time and an MRI would pinpoint exactly where the doc should inject.
John Meadows is just the coolest. Love when he has his son on his Youtube videos.

IF is such a great way to downsize. It gets a lot of crap from bodybuilders but it’s only a poor choice for gaining in my opinion - it just plain makes sense for losing weight.
Agreed on both accounts!

The sad part is that there are studies that show that although similar almost identical amounts of weight are lost with identical caloric restriction levels. Caloric restriction used with an IF eating pattern spares a pretty decent amount of muscle compared to caloric restriction on a regular eating schedule.

IF is not ideal for building muscle mass s quickly as possible due to less opportunities to stimulate protein synthesis throughout the day. However when it comes to cutting fat while maintaining more of your hard earned muscle mass it has the definitive advantage. Something lost on many bodybuilders which is a shame because the dogmatic belief otherwise costs them some muscle tissue in deep cuts.

My only concern with this approach for me right now is that I am going to be logging a non stimulant based fat loss supplement so appetite control might be an issue. Like right now... I AM STARVING, but it isn't quite time to break my fast yet. I have another hour since I tend to eat until about 10:00PM and want to be fasting at least 16 hours a day. Once I get my cyrcadian rhythms adjusted it probably won't be an issue but still non stimulant fat burner is gonna make things a bit harder. Will likely lean on caffeine from coffee a bit more. I was cutting down but was also taking a fat burner so will just have more full lead coffee which will help. That and the catecholamines in it should help as well.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well good for you for still getting in a nice session. Man when I'm in the zone and something throws me off it practically ruins my workout. Wether it be an injury, or unexpected whatever....it messes me up. Stay focused big guy

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well good for you for still getting in a nice session. Man when I'm in the zone and something throws me off it practically ruins my workout. Wether it be an injury, or unexpected whatever....it messes me up. Stay focused big guy
Same for me... ruins the workout and often the whole day since I’m a crabby douche all day afterwards ha.

Don’t ever be the guy that cuts me off on the way home on one of these days haha

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep some green tea around the office or home. It’s really nice when you just want something else, some kind of variety from water and you can’t drink any more coffee. Fresh hot green tea is also awesome for you, promotes lipolysis, and the theanine smoothes out any jitters from all the coffee you already drank.

Honestly it really made my 7-day fast a much better experience. When you’re hungry, something warm in the gut is nice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trust me it does me too. I was texting my wife about how upset and frustrated I was while on the bike.
Same for me... ruins the workout and often the whole day since I’m a crabby douche all day afterwards ha.

Don’t ever be the guy that cuts me off on the way home on one of these days haha
Amen to that I had the "I wish a MF'er would..." attitude on the way home. Even after forcing myself to stay and workout so I wouldn't be so angry due to getting nothing done. Was good thing I was texting my wife at the gym who was being very supportive and helping me do the right thing. Otherwise I would have been a as you say a crabby douche all day. She helped a lot so frustration levels were going down and the sauna helped to remove a little steam so it wasn't as bad. If I had just left without accomplishing much though... I would have been a terror the rest of the day.
Keep some green tea around the office or home. It’s really nice when you just want something else, some kind of variety from water and you can’t drink any more coffee. Fresh hot green tea is also awesome for you, promotes lipolysis, and the theanine smoothes out any jitters from all the coffee you already drank.

Honestly it really made my 7-day fast a much better experience. When you’re hungry, something warm in the gut is nice.
Good point about it taking the edge off. I have been drinking more green tea in my effort to cut back on coffee / caffeine and be a bit more healthy. I know it has caffeine in it but been drinking it as iced tea throughout the day. So definitely less that way. I do agree when hungry something warm in the gut is nice. My firm has decaf coffee here too which i have been using for my 2nd cup... I say cup it is a large YETI, so 4 cups.

============================================================================

1/28/2020 Upper Body

Most exercises are done to an RPE8 occasionally a 9 or even failure on safe movements. Rep ranges around 10-25. However they are stopped if I experience numbness or nerve related discomfort. Not really tracking weight and reps on everything as it would be entirely too frustrating at this point in my recovery. Tempo is adjusted to allow me to get to an RPE8 depending on how I am feeling and how much resistance I can apply. In the end I get a good workout regardless of weight I can use so long as not having a bad day like Sunday was.

Warm Up - Recumbent Bike level 8-10
Rotator Cuff 2 Hand Band External Rotations - 3 sets of 15

Rests were short, doing a you go I go situation moving quickly during weight changes to minimize rest.

Super Set
Hoist Decline Bench - WU=100, WS =120, 150, 170, 180, 180
Hoist Mid Back Row - WU=100, WS =120, 150, 170, 180, 180

Hoist Shoulder Press - 100, 130, 150, 170, 170

V Handle CG Lat Pulldown = 115, 145, 160, 175, 160

Super Set 2
Nautilas Triceps Extension - 35kg, 40kg, 40kg, 35kg, 20kg
- went for higher reps on last set
Nautilas Biceps CurlMachine - Hammer Grip -30kg, 35kg, Normal Curl Grip 35kg, 30kg, 15kg - went for high reps on last set

Super Set 3
Reverse Delt Fly Machine 25kg x 4 sets
DB Side Raises 15 x 4 sets

I was so happy to have been able to lift today. I think the inflammation from squatting went down a bit. Most of the rep ranges were higher in the 15-25 reps area but dipped lower due to cumulative fatigue. My PT told me once we are okay to try squatting again he would like me to limit it too Front Squats for a little while. He thinks I will do better not having direct compression on my neck and he agreed it would also help in strengthening my thoracic spine. So that is still good news to me since I was not told not to do squats at all.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I think you can spare the 3mg caffeine per bag of green tea

Great workout. I believe it was Sergio Oliva Jr that was on the Real Bodybuilding Podcast (Fouad Abiad’s show, would recommend) that revealed he basically couldn’t do more than 10lb side raises for his only shoulder work while prepping for most of his competitive season last year. He had a bad tear and could barely do any upper body - he still won.

If the PEDs and diet are there, you can absolutely get ripped and look awesome even without new growth or heavy training.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Great workout. I believe it was Sergio Oliva Jr that was on the Real Bodybuilding Podcast (Fouad Abiad’s show, would recommend) that revealed he basically couldn’t do more than 10lb side raises for his only shoulder work while prepping for most of his competitive season last year. He had a bad tear and could barely do any upper body - he still won.

If the PEDs and diet are there, you can absolutely get ripped and look awesome even without new growth or heavy training.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, 50 year old multi-WSM finalist Nick Best is big on heavy 20-rep sets of DB RDL & DB Squats (use straps). They account for a good bit of his serious leg volume and he is the ATWR holder for 308 Masters Squat & Deadlift records in powerlifting. And Total I believe as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, 50 year old multi-WSM finalist Nick Best is big on heavy 20-rep sets of DB RDL & DB Squats (use straps). They account for a good bit of his serious leg volume and he is the ATWR holder for 308 Masters Squat & Deadlift records in powerlifting. And Total I believe as well.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
🤮

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Thanks I actually got to enjoy the workout this morning which is an added plus.

Is it only that much caffeine? I knew it was less but not that low... was thinking around 20-25mg a bag. Sweet!

Sergio Oliva Jr is a beast like his dad. Man his dad in his prime. WTF! One of the best physiques of all time! Wasn't his ex-wife who shot him in the chest and it didn't even make it to his organs due to all the meat... I swear I read that somewhere before.

Yeah, I am confident I can get my physique pretty damn good especially with a cycle. Just holding off until I know for sure I won't need surgery for this stuff. That way I can push one after to help with recovery if needed. Plus now that I shrank to 5'7" I can only be 182 so I won't want to get much extra size if I want to compete in that class once healthy.

I will have to look into that guy and some of his training!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Is it only that much caffeine? I knew it was less but not that low... was thinking around 20-25mg a bag. Sweet!

Sergio Oliva Jr is a beast like his dad. Man his dad in his prime. WTF! One of the best physiques of all time! Wasn't his ex-wife who shot him in the chest and it didn't even make it to his organs due to all the meat... I swear I read that somewhere before.

Yeah, I am confident I can get my physique pretty damn good especially with a cycle. Just holding off until I know for sure I won't need surgery for this stuff. That way I can push one after to help with recovery if needed. Plus now that I shrank to 5'7" I can only be 182 so I won't want to get much extra size if I want to compete in that class once healthy.

Black tea is about 40mg per bag.

I didn’t know Oliva got shot by his ex lol

Nick Best is a very famous American pro strongman from Vegas. He was on the History Channel show with Brian Shaw, Eddie Hall, & Robert Oberst. He is still competitive with the young guys even at 5 decades old. Got to have dinner with him in 2017 and man he was the most awesome humble guy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Black tea is about 40mg per bag.

I didn’t know Oliva got shot by his ex lol

Nick Best is a very famous American pro strongman from Vegas. He was on the History Channel show with Brian Shaw, Eddie Hall, & Robert Oberst. He is still competitive with the young guys even at 5 decades old. Got to have dinner with him in 2017 and man he was the most awesome humble guy.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah no doubt on Sergio Oliva.

Oh okay I remember seeing him on there. That was a good one for sure.

I had a rough night sleeping last night. Just couldn't fall asleep for some reason, couldn't wind down. Then once I did I couldn't find a comfortable position that wasn't waking me up with my arm and hand doing the pins and needles thing. I was congested and once I would fall asleep I kept ending up rolling on my side toward the fan so I could breathe better. That would trigger the pins and needles and wake me up. So when my 4:00AM alarm went off I just laid there until I finally decided I was going to try to get at least a little bit more sleep. I will either adjust calories down or go do cardio tonight to create the required deficit.

Yesterdays food intake was spot on. Broke my fast at 12:30 since I lifted in the AM. I will be breaking it around the same time today since I have PT and won't be back to the office until about 4:00PM. Otherwise I would have probably extended that today.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy happy birthday!! I hope you’re having a great day!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Didn’t get on yesterday so happy belated!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy happy birthday!! I hope you’re having a great day!!
Happy 63rd birthday grandpa.
Happy Birthday !!
Happy bday!!
Didn’t get on yesterday so happy belated!
Thanks Everyone!!!!

I just started my log up for BLR, and will be doing most of my posting in there. I did some damage this weekend eating and drinking whatever I wanted the entire long weekend. Now it is time to clean it up. Man I can pack on the glycogen and bloat fast!!! Was 220.2 this morning when I took my pics.
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/kleen-leans-up-with-blr-follidrone-and-exotherm-sponsored.315475/