Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Heal that hand!
It is getting much better but keeps ripping back open.
Yeah Buddy!
Damn! That looks nasty. Hopefully it heals alright
Yeah it sucked... it was swollen and filled with interstitial fluid for days. I could push into it and the dent would stay there for a minute. I was worried about muscle tissue damage and there was definitely a little bit but it is healing well now. Still a little bit of soreness in some of underlying connective tissue but for the most part is just a nasty looking scab and some dry skin now.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah this morning was just 536 calories on the elliptical and some ab work and stretching.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure I got all my calories in last night. I think I had about 250 left over. I did get in some extra carbs and drop fat down a little to fuel up for this mornings workout and boy did I need it!!!

Today's Training

Warm Up 10 minutes on Lateral Elliptical, 9 total sets of rotator cuff work

Dumbbell Conditioning Giant Set
- The goal is 20 reps of each exercise in succession, completing 3 rounds with as little rest as possible to get through quickly. The weights are low but this is more of a conditioning workout plus I will be trying to increase the weight every repeated workout to stay with the progressive overload principle.

Had to go to restroom, was smart and went before starting the Giant Set this time!!!

Start 5:21 AM

Squats - 35
Incline Bench Press - 35
Front Squats - 35 -
3rd set had to switch to regular squats after 13th rep
Bent Over Row (arms close to sides) 35
Romanian Dead Lifts - 35
Military Press - 20
Step Ups - 20
DB Side Raises - 20
Bench Dips - BW+20

5:57AM : Up 5 on both the sets of dumbbells this time... 36 minutes!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Well this one was the most brutal and as you can tell by the 11 minute time increase...
I wanted to go up to 17.5 on the smaller stuff for the last 2 workouts but only 15's were available. Well again today that was the case but things had gotten to easy so I had to decide whether to man up and go with the 20's or stay stagnant on those lifts... I CHOSE TO MAN UP!!!

I knew that this was going to make things extremely challenging on me because everything here builds on everything else. Shoulders end up toasty so incline bench gets hard, and as I found out it became pretty much impossible to hold the 35lb DB's in the front rack position after 2x20x20 on shoulder press and DB Side Raises and 3x35x20 on incline bench. Once I legitimately could not hold the DB's in position to safely perform the Front Squats I finished them off with regular DB Squats. It was disheartening but I had rest paused twice to get to 13 and then rest paused again and when i racked for 14 I just couldn't hold them stable. Step Ups were just a test of will go keep going without stopping on the last set...

I ended up rest pausing multiple times during the workout and took 5-15 second rest periods a few times in between exercises. I also used my figure 8 straps and found that they were very beneficial during sets but a real pain in the ass to strap up and especially remove when trying to switch out the DB's.

I will stay at this weight and work to get the time under 35 and also finish the front squats.

Post workout was a mix of 2 left over meat sources 3oz lean sirloin steak, 7 oz 93/7 ground turkey, 2 cups of rice, 1 jalapeno, 1/2 large red pepperand Tony Chacheries.

View attachment 188744

Here is a pic montage of me @ 203.3 from yesterday morning.

View attachment 188743
Catching up on all AM threads but jeebus, your traps are fuggin nasty! Still can’t find where they end.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About to have some food contemplate going to the gym. Shoulder is bitching from the MRI today ended up in the machine for an hour with that shoulder contraption on digging into it a bit. Apparently I have metal in my shoulder that I wasn't aware of and it made them have to do a 2nd run from a different angle to get a complete picture. So I had that stress on my shoulder for a while. I have my follow up Monday and see if I have a tear or just need some other form of PT. I am hoping for no need for surgery but I am happy to find out with enough time to try to get a surgery scheduled if needed.

Either way not sure I plan to get to the gym tonight or just rest and ice the shoulder. Probably the latter to be honest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your shoulder does indeed sound buggered. I wouldn’t push it with any training that could bug it if it’s already pissed today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do Legs !!

I

Itsjustme7

Awards
I'm new to working out and just starting strength training... And recovering from being underweight (no money for food when I was younger).

20 year old male, 177cm. November 15, I was 40.2kg. 3 weeks later I am now 47,7kg. I am eating way more than I should and have gained more fat than muscle 😒. I eat clean and my diet changes based on if I have time to go to the store.

Breakfast (always the same):
50g dinkleflocken oats (high fiber, low fat 172cal)
3 medium eggs (~152g 235cal)

Lunch: black beans (250g 285cal)
Broccoli
Carrots

-----------or--------------

Raw Salmon (~269-290g ~664cal-716cal [high fat])
*sometimes broccoli and carrots

Dinner: vollkorn pasta (high fiber and protein, Low fat 200g 688cal)
*sometimes with chicken breast (340g 363cal) or with
peanutbutter, or with a cracked egg ontop
--------or-----------
Quinoa (100-200g 384cal-768cal)

My breakfast is always the same, oatmeal with 3eggs. (2 portions so 6 eggs total). I don't use spices, oil, etc, I eat mostly a raw natural state diet, no trans fats, sugar, or processed foods ever. Depending on my work schedule my lunch and dinner change alot. I eat fatty salmon (see above) alot and eat chicken only once or twice a week. I also fill my diet with 1-5 packets of shrimp (100g packet is 88cal high protein low fat no carbs) nuts such as almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pasta and the occasional banana to reach my calory goal.

Some days I eat alot of carbs, some days I barely eat carbs (except for my everyday breakfast). My protein is always super high (209-355g), fat is realitively high(85-117g). Carbs anywhere between 204-292g). Fiber is normal to high and no saturated fats or sugar consumption (except from eggs, fish, nuts, veggies, and bananas respectively). I also take creatine and sometimes protein whey isolate.

Is it bad to be eating this many eggs, or this much? 2880cal is my goal to gain weight. (~2037cal) to maintain. I eat at least 2870-3400cal per day). I have noticed increase in strength and energy, but also a puffy face and stomach. I know I'm underweight and need to gain but I want to be somewhat lean (gain some fat but not too much).

I strength train for 30-60 min per day 4-6 times a week and I'm starting cardio maybe 30min 2-3 times a week. (I work in fast food so I'm walking and on my feet the entire day, I only sit when I use excercise machines at the gym)

Any tips or input on my diet? I just want to gain muscle and eventually be slim, yet a slight shredded look (pronounced muscles, chest, arms, abs, calfs, etc.)

... And yes I occasionally smoke (5 cigs a day😞.) I know, bad for muscle growth

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm new to working out and just starting strength training... And recovering from being underweight (no money for food when I was younger).

20 year old male, 177cm. November 15, I was 40.2kg. 3 weeks later I am now 47,7kg. I am eating way more than I should and have gained more fat than muscle 😒. I eat clean and my diet changes based on if I have time to go to the store.

Broccoli
Carrots

--------or-----------

My breakfast is always the same, oatmeal with 3eggs. (2 portions so 6 eggs total). I don't use spices, oil, etc, I eat mostly a raw natural state diet, no trans fats, sugar, or processed foods ever. Depending on my work schedule my lunch and dinner change alot. I eat fatty salmon (see above) alot and eat chicken only once or twice a week. I also fill my diet with 1-5 packets of shrimp (100g packet is 88cal high protein low fat no carbs) nuts such as almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, pasta and the occasional banana to reach my calory goal.

Some days I eat alot of carbs, some days I barely eat carbs (except for my everyday breakfast). My protein is always super high (209-355g), fat is realitively high(85-117g). Carbs anywhere between 204-292g). Fiber is normal to high and no saturated fats or sugar consumption (except from eggs, fish, nuts, veggies, and bananas respectively). I also take creatine and sometimes protein whey isolate.

Is it bad to be eating this many eggs, or this much? 2880cal is my goal to gain weight. (~2037cal) to maintain. I eat at least 2870-3400cal per day). I have noticed increase in strength and energy, but also a puffy face and stomach. I know I'm underweight and need to gain but I want to be somewhat lean (gain some fat but not too much).

I strength train for 30-60 min per day 4-6 times a week and I'm starting cardio maybe 30min 2-3 times a week. (I work in fast food so I'm walking and on my feet the entire day, I only sit when I use excercise machines at the gym)

Any tips or input on my diet? I just want to gain muscle and eventually be slim, yet a slight shredded look (pronounced muscles, chest, arms, abs, calfs, etc.)

... And yes I occasionally smoke (5 cigs a day.) I know, bad for muscle growth
I believe you are grossly over-counting your calories. You are consuming ~2,200 calories at most on your high calorie days, based on what you posted above and that you aren’t adding other oils or condiments. You would need to consume almost 50% more calories to actually be hitting ~3,400 calories.

That being said, if you are gaining weight and strength steadily then the amount you are eating is sufficient to grow. 6 eggs per day is fine. Quit smoking - if you have the discipline to regiment your diet like this you have what it takes to stop the cigarettes. Keep up the good work!

I

Itsjustme7

Awards
I believe you are grossly over-counting your calories. You are consuming ~2,200 calories at most on your high calorie days, based on what you posted above and that you aren’t adding other oils or condiments. You would need to consume almost 50% more calories to actually be hitting ~3,400 calories.

That being said, if you are gaining weight and strength steadily then the amount you are eating is sufficient to grow. 6 eggs per day is fine. Quit smoking - if you have the discipline to regiment your diet like this you have what it takes to stop the cigarettes. Keep up the good work!
OK thx, I think i need to push myself harder in the gym, I'm just slightly put off that I became skinny fat. My face is puffy and my stomach as well. That's the result from trying to put too much weight on at once, now I know you can only build a little bit of muscle per week and the rest turns to fat.

Idk if I should do a mini cut to get rid of a little bit of the visceral fat (not all), then continue to bulk afterwards but with a smaller caloric surplus

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OK thx, I think i need to push myself harder in the gym, I'm just slightly put off that I became skinny fat. My face is puffy and my stomach as well. That's the result from trying to put too much weight on at once, now I know you can only build a little bit of muscle per week and the rest turns to fat.

Idk if I should do a mini cut to get rid of a little bit of the visceral fat (not all), then continue to bulk afterwards but with a smaller caloric surplus
Should probably start your own thread rather than taking over @MrKleen73 's

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with this... you’re def on the right track though so don’t stop! Prob just need a few slight tweaks and you’ll be growing like a weed!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your shoulder does indeed sound buggered. I wouldn’t push it with any training that could bug it if it’s already pissed today.
Yeah that direct pressure set of some inflammation that just got worse for a few days. I iced it a good bit over the weekend and just tried to do some things around the house that I needed to get done before getting surgery just in case that is what I find out is needed.
Do Legs !!
That was my plan for Friday and then I had another majorly rough night and woke up to my car not starting... Luckily it ended up being bad terminals instead of the starter but it took all day to find out... Ford and their you need a special tool to remove the battery nonsense. I ended up having to take it to a mechanic. I got a lot of the things I needed to done and it just started a massive group of small projects

Broccoli
Carrots

--------or-----------

... And yes I occasionally smoke (5 cigs a day😞.) I know, bad for muscle growth
Welcome to the addictive world of working out!!!

I will agree with what @Hyde has posted here. He knows his stuff.

It sounds like you already have a good plan. If you are gaining too fast then cut back on a little bit of something but if your goals are to get bigger then increase your training volume and or intensity if you can not increase volume. Looking at your training age and time spent training, I would think volume would be a great way to go as you could hurt yourself easily trying to increase intensity before you are better at your movements. My nutritional suggestion for you would be increase carbs around training and cut back on some of your fats while either maintaining total calories if you are really trying to grow with less fat accumulation. That along with increased volume should begin to equal things out a bit. If you find after a few weeks or a month of this that you are still gaining fat at an accellerated pace then you can adjust down. With your goals I would not do a minicut for at least 6 months and then only for 2 weeks maybe a month tops then right back into growing. Once you have a decent amount of muscle mass then diet any excess off.
Gracias this is an excellent suggest as well!!!! Please make your own thread and post a link to it in here or PM me with it if you are not yet able to and I will post in here. You have some good eyes on you now so might as well take advantage of it.
Agreed with this... you’re def on the right track though so don’t stop! Prob just need a few slight tweaks and you’ll be growing like a weed!
Agreed!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay back to me!!! I was feeling the pains of that MRI throughout the weekend and it was hurting to breathe at times if I got a bit huffy so I just stayed active all weekend but did not do any direct exercise at all. Admittedly my diet was not as on point as it has been but honestly not too bad. I did have high calorie days Saturday (Planned) and Sunday not planned but not too bad just one bad meal but was at least 1800 calories, then followed that up with a good meal of tilapia, rice, bean beans and ranch style beans. So really not a bad day just a bad meal yesterday.

Today I go in for my follow up and am dreading hearing the answer. Surgery will suck so bad if needed. After Shoulder surgery has been the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life including ripping my quads off of my hip bone. So not wanting to hear I need one. Also the idea of the down time is just horrible but oh well. I want to get it fixed no matter what the situation is... I will update later tonight or tomorrow on what I find out this afternoon.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep us posted! If you need surgery, I strongly suggest looking into if you can afford a month or two of weekly TB500. Even 2mg weekly will be a boon to recovery. We are talking a few hundreds dollars here, but it needs to be viewed as a medical expense contextually. I am talking about getting back to routine life markedly faster.

I would also consider a bit more test and Mk677 for a couple months if nothing else. Or even low dose Anadrol, provided you can eat enough daily. Extra RBC is big for healing speed by all accounts.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Keep us posted! If you need surgery, I strongly suggest looking into if you can afford a month or two of weekly TB500. Even 2mg weekly will be a boon to recovery. We are talking a few hundreds dollars here, but it needs to be viewed as a medical expense contextually. I am talking about getting back to routine life markedly faster.

I would also consider a bit more test and Mk677 for a couple months if nothing else. Or even low dose Anadrol, provided you can eat enough daily. Extra RBC is big for healing speed by all accounts.
Would give reps or upvote if possible!!! I think that I will do that if I have to have surgery for sure. Whatever it takes to get back and going. You recovered like a super star so I won't pass on your recommendations. I have some gift cards lying around I was going to use for training stuff that I can use for peptides if need be and see what happens. I also found out that my insurance covers Airrosti now so if no surgery needed I will be trying to get into see them ASAP!!! They do ART type of myofascial release which could be the trick, just not an expense i could afford again until the insurance was met. My other ART guy was not on my insurance and @ $400 for a 4 pack of treatments it wasn't something I could do as much as I wanted too. Normally I use my FSA for that but that was gone at the beginning of the year with my wife's surgeries.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tb500 and BPC 157 as close to the surgery sites as pain allows. Had me recovered in record time apparently

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I got a little more of a maybe answer again. I do have a slight tear in my subscapularis but apparently they said it is such a small muscle they do not ever repair them they just train te other rotator cuff musles to be strong and do its job. Also I have a mild subluxation of my biceps tendon, which often happens when you have a torn labrum which is one of the secondary things I suspected was wrong once I got into physical therapy. However due to my anchors they can not see my labrum near where it is anchored without a contrast dye MRI. So they gave me a shot and told me if my labrum still hurts in 3-5 days then I should call back in and they will schedule an MRI with contrast dye since tears don't stop hurting with steroid shots. So hopefully if needed I can still get things taken care of this year. Basically they said they won't make me come in for any follow ups after this just schedule the MRI and then call me with results to schedule surgery if needed since they understand the urgency, and of course I am sure he wants to make some money. LOL

I worked legs relatively lightly today and went up to 275 on squats in a low bar stance kind of testing the labrum since overnight my RC pain is pretty much gone. Well 275 started causing a bit of discomfort on the labrum so I plan to do that again Friday morning and see if it still hurts. I have a feeling it will and then I will call to schedule the other MRI. If not then WooHoo!!!!

On a good note I will be able to do something with the wife for our anniversary instead of having surgery beforehand which is pretty nice.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here’s hoping for great news. Enjoy your anniversary!
Thanks Brother searching AirBnB now for a spot to spend the weekend our 17th anniversary is on the 15th. ! Enjoy your upcoming Honeymoon as well!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy anniversary! Treat yourselves the proper way and enjoy the moments.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy anniversary! Treat yourselves the proper way and enjoy the moments.
Thank you! Oh definitely, I am not too worried about my diet for the weekend. I am still leaning up a little and if I don't quite get my abs but still get in better shape then that is okay. I won't mind getting in better shape but not making it all the way to abs and donating to charity. Don't get me wrong I am working at it but not as aggressive as I have in the past years. Speaking of, here my updates for the morning.

To document yesterdays lift a little more it was:

Glute Activation
Banded Side Walks 25 yards to each side x2
Unsupported Banded Side leg lifts 15 per side x 2

Super Set 1 HB = High Bar, LB = Low Bar
Banded Barbell Hip Thrust with 3 second hold at top
- 90x15 x 5 sets holds got a little shorter on last 2 sets...
Squats - HB-135x15, HB-185x15, LB-225x12, LB-275x6, LB-275x5 - Labrum started to get annoyed

Super Set 2
Leg Press 3 second negatives
- 12 plates high and wide x15, low and wide x15, middle and normal stance x 12, low and normal stance x 12
Soleus ( Bent Leg) Calf Raises - slow and deliberate with held contraction and stretches - 1 plate x 15 x 4 sets

Calories yesterday were about a 2400 estimate - maybe a little high to be honest.
During Day
12-14 oz 93/7 turkey, 2-2.5 cups of rice, 1-1.5 cups of red curry simmering sauce split into 2 meals.
Last nights meal was - Two hearty bowls of a made up soup containing 2.5lbs 93.7 ground turkey, 2 cans corn, 2 cans green beans, 1 can low fat cream of celery, 1 can low fat cream of chicken, 2 oz part skim mozzarella, and 4 oz 2/3 fat cream cheese with italian based seasoning. Estimating about 10-12 oz of turkey in my 2 bowls.

Oh yeah and a Rye whiskey on a big rock... Probably a double... :)

Today was a cardio only day. Well other than the shoulder work for PT stuff and the above glute activation I end up doing before every workout now.

Stair Mill 25 minutes 2 minute intervals level 3 and 7 average heart rate 158, 252 calories
Treadmill - 30 minutes 3.2MPH on incline 289 calories - I did not hold on so no idea what average heart rate was.

Workout Complete 6:00 AM

Ate Breakfast 8:30AM,
1 teaspoon oil, 3 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 2 slices real cheddar cheese, 1 jalapeno, 2 tbls habanero salsa.

Lunch will be a protein shake smoothie with blueberries and cherries and a nice big salad with cheese and peppers!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Food sounds legit. I should try that stew
Yeah it was good and easy to make. Just had to come up with something on the fly. My daughter was going to make spaghetti but JoAnn can't do tomatoes and I didn't want to leave her out so I took over.
There’s amminos and creatines in that there rye
Yep I saw the "proof" of that!
its well know that whiskey directly increases gainz, instantly. scientifically proven.
Certainly!

I had a repeat last night, same meal and night cap for dinner. Needed a lil something to make sure I fell right asleep because I had to be at work by 5:00AM for a big partner end of year meeting video set up. I just got out of babysitting it a little bit ago. Going to head to get something to eat here in a little bit. That or make a salad and have another protein shake.... I am beat from being here all day and not getting to exercise this morning... I wanted to lift upper body today too to give the shoulder a quick check so i could try to schedule an MRI tomorrow if need be. Will just do some upper body tonight if I don't pass out. So much to do... Now that I know we aren't stuck with me having a surgery before hand, trying to plan a get away for me and the wife starting tomorrow evening through Sunday, then we come back for my company Christmas Party at the Zoo and then have Monday off together as well. So going to make as much out of it as I can. We try to do our anniversary big. Can't think of a day more important to celebrate in our relationship so we do it as big as we can afford to which is hard with it being so close to Christmas. I found a nice AirBnB in San Antonio but then the wife mentioned she didn't want to drive that far for just a couple days. So back to the drawing board... If I end up going to the gym after all tonight I will update it here. If not I will be training push and legs tomorrow to see how my shoulder holds up against both to see if my labrum is still causing issues or not.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did not get to the gym this morning... Annoyed but it is what it is and I will not be getting to the gym again until next week. I plugged my phone into an unplugged charger last night and it was dead this morning so I woke up to my wife's alarm going off instead of mine... Apparently the wife started to pack for our trip to San Antonio and unplugged my charger then realized I needed it for the night so she didn't pack it but forgot to plug it back in also...

I am going to do some push ups and a few other things this weekend that should most likely bother me if my shoulder is still having labrum issues. That or I may get up early and sneak off to the gym before my wife gets up tomorrow. However realistically that is probably not going to happen. We are leaving for San Antonio immediately after work today and the plan is to relax and be together so no urgency is going to be placed on getting a workout in.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did not get to the gym this morning... Annoyed but it is what it is and I will not be getting to the gym again until next week. I plugged my phone into an unplugged charger last night and it was dead this morning so I woke up to my wife's alarm going off instead of mine... Apparently the wife started to pack for our trip to San Antonio and unplugged my charger then realized I needed it for the night so she didn't pack it but forgot to plug it back in also...

I am going to do some push ups and a few other things this weekend that should most likely bother me if my shoulder is still having labrum issues. That or I may get up early and sneak off to the gym before my wife gets up tomorrow. However realistically that is probably not going to happen. We are leaving for San Antonio immediately after work today and the plan is to relax and be together so no urgency is going to be placed on getting a workout in.
Enjoy your down time big buddy!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy your down time big buddy!!
Thanks! I sure did!
My wife has pulled that move on me before!
Yeah it can be a bummer. However the extra rest was nice.

So the wife and I had a great weekend getaway. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a lot of fun and some great food. That being said I am not going to make my goal of abs by the New year. This weekend pretty much sealed the deal on that. So I will be donating $100 to the Suicide Hotline. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I have given up on my goal of being leaner at the end of the year and will continue to move towards that goal. However unless I went on a 1-2 week fast I do not see me reaching this and I fully intend to eat the Prime Rib Roast I make for Christmas!!! :)

I will be working out tonight, and am looking forward to it since I have had a few days off. The rest allowed my shoulder to heal up a bit with the shot. So I think this should be a good workout. I am about 95% sure I do have a labrum tear now but not sure I will be able to get a surgery for it by the end of the year. I am waiting to hear back from the MRI scheduling place as to when I can get back in for an MRI with contrast dye. Even if I do have a tear they may tell me it is not bad enough to operate on so we shall see. If I can do more PT and get squared away even with a small tear then I will be happy to do so instead of dealing with the down time from a surgery.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mri with contrast hurts like a bitch. Never said **** so loud in public but when they put that needle in my shoulder, holy fucking ball sacks of satan

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mri with contrast hurts like a bitch. Never said **** so loud in public but when they put that needle in my shoulder, holy fucking ball sacks of satan
Yeah I had 2 done before, not the best feeling but wasn't the worst either. Maybe I got lucky or you got hosed...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I had 2 done before, not the best feeling but wasn't the worst either. Maybe I got lucky or you got hosed...
My shoulder was fucked so maybe it just hurt cause everything hurt with regards to my shoulder lol. Still won’t do it again. I’d tell the docs to go lick satans butthole

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My shoulder was fucked so maybe it just hurt cause everything hurt with regards to my shoulder lol. Still won’t do it again. I’d tell the docs to go lick satans butthole
LMAO, I told myself after my first shoulder surgery I would never get another. No way, that I would just suck it up and deal with it. However when my shoulder was hurting for over a year and I couldn't do what I loved 2nd surgery was a given. Now here I am lookin at a possible 3rd. Priorities change based on situations. Well mine sure did anyway. I need to be able to lift the way I love to lift. It's a passion of mine so damn whatever pain I need to deal with to get back to it. It is gonna go down...

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! I sure did!
Yeah it can be a bummer. However the extra rest was nice.

So the wife and I had a great weekend getaway. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a lot of fun and some great food. That being said I am not going to make my goal of abs by the New year. This weekend pretty much sealed the deal on that. So I will be donating $100 to the Suicide Hotline. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I have given up on my goal of being leaner at the end of the year and will continue to move towards that goal. However unless I went on a 1-2 week fast I do not see me reaching this and I fully intend to eat the Prime Rib Roast I make for Christmas!!! :)

I will be working out tonight, and am looking forward to it since I have had a few days off. The rest allowed my shoulder to heal up a bit with the shot. So I think this should be a good workout. I am about 95% sure I do have a labrum tear now but not sure I will be able to get a surgery for it by the end of the year. I am waiting to hear back from the MRI scheduling place as to when I can get back in for an MRI with contrast dye. Even if I do have a tear they may tell me it is not bad enough to operate on so we shall see. If I can do more PT and get squared away even with a small tear then I will be happy to do so instead of dealing with the down time from a surgery.
A man of his word . That is a good donation for a great cause. Take care of that shoulder bud and let the rest fall into place, we always bounce back.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
MrKleen, you are a good man !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guess who bench pressed today?

This guy!!!

SO this morning I bit the bullet and did some barbell bench press until things started to feel like I should stop. Not due to pain but a bit of effort lending to a little instability alongside a healthy fear of over doing it.

Super Set
Barbell Flat Bench w/ slingshot
- 95x15, 115x15, Add Sling Shot - 135x12, 185x10, 185x10, 225x10, 225x10 - these felt good once I got warmed up, it took a bit to get my shoulders in the game. Even my left shoulder was not exactly happy about the bench at first. Took a minute to find my groove and grip.
Band Pull Aparts x25 after each set of bench.

Hoist Roc-It supported rows - 40% BW +90lbs 2 sets of 25

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess who bench pressed today?

This guy!!!

SO this morning I bit the bullet and did some barbell bench press until things started to feel like I should stop. Not due to pain but a bit of effort lending to a little instability alongside a healthy fear of over doing it.

Super Set
Barbell Flat Bench w/ slingshot
- 95x15, 115x15, Add Sling Shot - 135x12, 185x10, 185x10, 225x10, 225x10 - these felt good once I got warmed up, it took a bit to get my shoulders in the game. Even my left shoulder was not exactly happy about the bench at first. Took a minute to find my groove and grip.
Band Pull Aparts x25 after each set of bench.

Hoist Roc-It supported rows - 40% BW +90lbs 2 sets of 25
Congrats! It's amazing what will make us happy.
I can now do push-ups. Haven't had the balls to try flat bar bench. The Hammer flat bench still causes a little pain.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats! It's amazing what will make us happy.
I can now do push-ups. Haven't had the balls to try flat bar bench. The Hammer flat bench still causes a little pain.
Yeah it is and congrats, I plan on getting a weighted vest for push ups after Christmas if I don't get one for it. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone had an Amazing Christmas!

I have been sick most of the week. I got "well" Christmas Eve but still have relatively debilitating congestion. I felt like I was getting taken down Thursday afternoon, and was a "Dead man Walking" by Friday. I was literally in bed all weekend with a fever and was struggling for several days. I made it to work Monday when the fever came down but my lungs were thrashed and congestion so bad DayQuil was just making it manageable. I am planning to get back into the gym tonight. Still congested but nowhere near as bad.

Had a great Christmas with the family though. We had a smorgasbord of food, lasagna, shrimp scampi, and turkey with mashed potatoes. I got some accessories for my pool table and 2 new workout bags. I also saw a 5-50 set of Hex Dumbbells in a flash sale with a rack for $89 that I purchased. It said it came with weights but even if not $89 for the rack will be good since I have a decent amount of DB's on the floor of my garage at the moment. Most importantly though, I got time with my family. Dad's health is stuck in an area where we simply never no how much longer we have with him. Due to other health issues and a previous stroke the docs can't operate to fix his heart and arterial blockage issues. His memory if fading and all the other issues that come along with diabetes as well so... However, he is a stubborn old bugger, and we may get another 10 years out of him but we also know that every Holiday with him is important and could be our last. So I really appreciate those times with him.

As far as getting leaner by the end of the year. I think I blew that while sick. I tend to eat poorly when I am sick unless I just can't eat at all. I always have. Well you know there was an abundance of unhealthy choices around with the season, so yep I ate them. I am just gonna enjoy the rest of the year since there will be some drinking, and finishing off the candy I got in my stocking. Then get back on the diet plan and everything 100% after the New year.

I am going to set up some realistic goals and an actual plan of action with nutrition and training over the next couple of days and then go for it. Obviously leaning up to where I am happier with my physique is a big part of that. Other than that until I know how things are going to go for my shoulder I can say my training will be more physique and health oriented. So hypertrophy, cardio/GPP and mobility/recovery focus.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely want to clean up my bloods, but I am also in the “there’s all this junk in the house I’m going to eat first” phase atm. Whatever my weight does in the next few days, I can wrangle it next week. It is great to have an appetite and enjoy food again.

Also in a similar situation with my pops. He’s only 70 but it’s quickly looking like a pretty rough 70, and he’s already beaten cancer once so I try to just enjoy the time we have. Never know if it’s a year or 10. But that’s life I suppose in general.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely want to clean up my bloods, but I am also in the “there’s all this junk in the house I’m going to eat first” phase atm. Whatever my weight does in the next few days, I can wrangle it next week. It is great to have an appetite and enjoy food again.

Also in a similar situation with my pops. He’s only 70 but it’s quickly looking like a pretty rough 70, and he’s already beaten cancer once so I try to just enjoy the time we have. Never know if it’s a year or 10. But that’s life I suppose in general.
Hate to hear that about your Pops. It's rough, yeah it is really always that way but when you become hyper aware of their mortality due to health situation it comes to the forefront and makes you more grateful for any time spent.

Yeah I am obviously not getting a surgery any time soon so I have some ideas to just push both recovery and myself. If things break in the process I will get them fixed. I can't just keep training like I am afraid of causing an issue. It just takes the enjoyment out of training for me. I am pretty sure I have a tear in my labrum now but they don't seem to want to do anything about it yet. I never got the approval for a 2nd MRI. So I am going to train hard for what I can do hard, avoid the things that cause it pain during exercise and focus on muscle size / shape. If something happens that makes it to where I can't then they will have to fix it. Otherwise I am going to train like I want to compete in a Classic Physique show in the next 12-18 months. Whether I do or not is not important at this point but I am going to train like that is my goal. I like being aesthetic and that will get me there.

Planned "resolutions" aka self improvement over the year is show more discipline and try to create a higher level of self drive to reach for more things instead of staying in a comfort zone. Nothing specific other than those 2 things which should show improvement over the year in all other areas.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been on a bad trend the last week or so. I probably don't have the healthiest mentality when it comes to preparing to buckle down. I tend to go on a I need to make myself sick of this sh!t flurry. It is actually working though. I am actually getting tired of the nonsense foods, sweets and fatty meals. Have also drank a lil bit more than I usually do, although I think that is a somewhat common with all the visitors and everything this time of year. I am to the point that I am ready to put all this stuff behind me and pull it out for occasional enjoyment only. Change these habits and solidify some better ones.

I have done a couple full body training sessions, nothing to write home about just getting blood into the muscles. My PT for my shoulder has actually been some challenging workouts recently and leave me with some DOMS in the area which is nice but also makes me hesitant to go pushing the envelope with some of the bigger upper body compound movements while my RC is sore. So just been doing those simple full body sessions. I will be starting to push things a bit after New Years.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been on a bad trend the last week or so. I probably don't have the healthiest mentality when it comes to preparing to buckle down. I tend to go on a I need to make myself sick of this sh!t flurry. It is actually working though. I am actually getting tired of the nonsense foods, sweets and fatty meals. Have also drank a lil bit more than I usually do, although I think that is a somewhat common with all the visitors and everything this time of year. I am to the point that I am ready to put all this stuff behind me and pull it out for occasional enjoyment only. Change these habits and solidify some better ones.

I have done a couple full body training sessions, nothing to write home about just getting blood into the muscles. My PT for my shoulder has actually been some challenging workouts recently and leave me with some DOMS in the area which is nice but also makes me hesitant to go pushing the envelope with some of the bigger upper body compound movements while my RC is sore. So just been doing those simple full body sessions. I will be starting to push things a bit after New Years.
Kind of in the same rut, let's get it done brother!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kind of in the same rut, let's get it done brother!!!
Yeah it's a bad time for it. I was doing really well then the wheels came off. I am not going to make excuses about it. Just setting up a plan with structure moving forward. If you don't have a game plan it is easy to allow things to get too lenient. I am not sweating that I did it over the last few weeks and I am sure I haven't lost tons of ground. Just need to get in the right mentality and I am right there.