MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kind of in the same rut, let's get it done brother!!!
Yeah it's a bad time for it. I was doing really well then the wheels came off. I am not going to make excuses about it. Just setting up a plan with structure moving forward. If you don't have a game plan it is easy to allow things to get too lenient. I am not sweating that I did it over the last few weeks and I am sure I haven't lost tons of ground. Just need to get in the right mentality and I am right there in that end zone where I am about over the nonsense. Going to be ready to hit it with some discipline after the New Year.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah it's a bad time for it. I was doing really well then the wheels came off. I am not going to make excuses about it. Just setting up a plan with structure moving forward. If you don't have a game plan it is easy to allow things to get too lenient. I am not sweating that I did it over the last few weeks and I am sure I haven't lost tons of ground. Just need to get in the right mentality and I am right there in that end zone where I am about over the nonsense. Going to be ready to hit it with some discipline after the New Year.
I’m sure your body isn’t too mad about some extra food and rest. Even if it’s not the optimal situation, we could all use a forced break now and again.

Enjoy the holidays knowing you’ll come back revitalized, healed (relatively speaking ha) and in a better place mentally

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure your body isn’t too mad about some extra food and rest. Even if it’s not the optimal situation, we could all use a forced break now and again.

Enjoy the holidays knowing you’ll come back revitalized, healed (relatively speaking ha) and in a better place mentally
No just a little more soft shell on the belly. LOL An extra week of dieting for 2 weeks of free eating. Not that bad of a trade... :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy New Years to everyone. Will be hitting the gym tomorrow to break in the New Year, hope everyone has a happy and safe celebration tonight!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy New Years to everyone. Will be hitting the gym tomorrow to break in the New Year, hope everyone has a happy and safe celebration tonight!
Same. Except I’m going to put these wings and cookies to use lol ... but to break in the New Year sounds better

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Duplicate

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome Brother, happy to have you in here.
Happy New Year mate!
Thanks!
Same to all of you!!!
YEP Yep!
Same. Except I’m going to put these wings and cookies to use lol ... but to break in the New Year sounds better
It sure does doesn't it. However yeah that is a lot of what I was doing.
Eating wings builds wings 🤔

Idk what cookies build though 😂. Good luck there
Well combined with the wings it builds gladiator armor... AKA FAT!

I am a shielded gladiator at the moment! I worked really hard the last 3 weeks to prepare for my Before Pictures... :D

Just did a basic 1 exercise per body part, 3x15 full body workout yesterday to bring in the New Year. Nothing special, mostly machines to get in and get out.

Nutrition Yesterday - Was still finishing off the last of the junk left over from the rest of the holidays and was being lazy otherwise so I ordered pizza one last time before cleaning everything up. As of today caloric restriction is in effect.

I ordered a TRX system with some TRX resistance bands, and a Power Wheel with some of my gift cards. Always adding to the home gym even though I do not always use it. I have some gymnastic rings but they are not quite the same. They will do the same job and some jobs this might not do but the TRX system is much more efficient for adjusting. Plus this one is the Go model and came with multiple ways to suspend it.

I think they put the dry needling into or too close to a nerve on the visit before last to my PT. I have had a numbing sensation go over the back of my shoulder and down into my triceps on a few occasions since then. They told me this could be from stimulating a muscle that is contracting around the nerve and suggested to massage it around the teres major when that happens but I can't reach that well enough to massage it effectively...

I will be starting my full on workout program soon. Going to set up a 3-4 lifts a week program and do recovery and either GPP or some sort of cardio 2-3 times a week in between sessions. Work on leaning back up while building back up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ahhhhh....that 1 last pizza!!!
Yeah Buddy, for the next day or two going to give my digestion a break and limit myself to protein shakes, fruit, maybe a salad or two and easily digested meats like fish or shrimp. My body is unhappy with me and wants a break from fat laden and sugary nonsense! About to have a nice protein smoothie of R1 Birthday Cake Protein, and 2 cups of frozen spinach, blueberry and cherry mix.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah Buddy, for the next day or two going to give my digestion a break and limit myself to protein shakes, fruit, maybe a salad or two and easily digested meats like fish or shrimp. My body is unhappy with me and wants a break from fat laden and sugary nonsense! About to have a nice protein smoothie of R1 Birthday Cake Protein, and 2 cups of frozen spinach, blueberry and cherry mix.
Sounds great, I had 2 shakes yesterday myself.
Vanilla protein, fresh strawberries, half a banana, and almond milk.

#2 Pb cup protein, almond milk, and 3 Hershey's kisses....banging!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This weekend I will be taking my first set of progress pics, let some of the BS water weight come down before then to get more of an accurate depiction of my current state. Will write up a meal plan and start sticking to it and see where I am in a month or so. Probably take some progress pics every 2 weeks whether I post them or not as well. Just so I know for sure I am steadily heading in the right direction.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
a belated but happy new year to everyone in here! always fun to see the new 'starting points" that even the regular gym goers are at when new years rolls around

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s time, Mr. Kleen!

Good stuff!

I went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill last night after signing my wife back up for a membership. Planning a lift tonight. Looking forward to it. Been having an issue with a nerve in my arm being impinged from something I think stemming from my physical therapy. Going to talk to them about it again today. Starting to get annoying and afraid we may have caused some sort of problem... Doesn't seem to effect function just feels like it is going to sleep in a couple areas of the arm off and on throughout the day... Like the back of my triceps and then down onto the back of my hand and in between my index and middle finger. Strange feeling...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff!

I went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill last night after signing my wife back up for a membership. Planning a lift tonight. Looking forward to it. Been having an issue with a nerve in my arm being impinged from something I think stemming from my physical therapy. Going to talk to them about it again today. Starting to get annoying and afraid we may have caused some sort of problem... Doesn't seem to effect function just feels like it is going to sleep in a couple areas of the arm off and on throughout the day... Like the back of my triceps and then down onto the back of my hand and in between my index and middle finger. Strange feeling...
I’m sure something did get disrupted, but don’t lose faith that it isn’t fixable - it may even work itself out possibly! Most nerve issues can be reversed barring complete severing.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure something did get disrupted, but don’t lose faith that it isn’t fixable - it may even work itself out possibly! Most nerve issues can be reversed barring complete severing.
No doubt not getting low about it. There is a knot over the area it is originating from. I could feel it during my soft tissue work so pretty sure as the inflammation goes down it will probably clear up. Hoping so anyway. On a good note I am definitely getting stronger in the rotator cuff. Feeling confident with continued efforts I will be able to press again without a slingshot.

I had to laugh the guy doing the graston on me was getting tired and his hands were hurting. He said yeah it is hard having to work on all of this. I said yeah I am deceptively thick. He says there is nothing deceptive about it you are obviously thick. We can all see that you are very thick! Lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No doubt not getting low about it. There is a knot over the area it is originating from. I could feel it during my soft tissue work so pretty sure as the inflammation goes down it will probably clear up. Hoping so anyway. On a good note I am definitely getting stronger in the rotator cuff. Feeling confident with continued efforts I will be able to press again without a slingshot.

I had to laugh the guy doing the graston on me was getting tired and his hands were hurting. He said yeah it is hard having to work on all of this. I said yeah I am deceptively thick. He says there is nothing deceptive about it you are obviously thick. We can all see that you are very thick! Lol
He was Mirin

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good stuff!

Sounds like nerve to me

What are you planning on training ?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He was Mirin
LMAO, I think he was just tired from digging into me and was surprised when I said it was deceptively thick. You know we often don't realize what we look like to other people.
Sounds like nerve to me

What are you planning on training ?
Definitely a nerve issue. Not sure if they damage a nerve or just caused some major inflammation that is pinching a nerve now...

I did a lot of warm up and prep / stability work for my RC and scapula then did some light supported rowing with holds and finally did some pressing with a slingshot. Everything was light. Worked up to 185 on flat bench with the slingshot did 15 reps 12 reps and 6 then the obvious weakness from the nerve made it to where I had to stop.

After that I did some dead hangs, and then weighted trap stretches 3 sets of 30-60 seconds for both.

I took some pics first thing yesterday morning, weighing in at a little soft but thick 217. I will be slimming down over the next 2-3 months and hopefully my shoulder will be ready to push hard when I am ready to start pushing for recomp / lean growth at the end of this. Here are ,y pics, not proud of current condition but I did enjoy myself getting here so I won't pretend I am ashamed or regret it. Was a conscious decision to let go and enjoy the food. At 5'7 217 doesn't look as bad as it could. LOL

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That nerve distribution you described is entirely within the radial nerve’s sensory distribution. Can look up the sensory dermatomes if you wanna double check me. Can also do a quick google search and check to see if where they were working in your shoulder area is along the route the nerve runs at the top of the arm or in the trap area or if the knot is overlying the projected path of the nerve. Could also be the c7 nerve root, if i am remember the brachial plexus correctly.

Did some brachial plexus research: radial nerve is made up of c5-t1 (it comes straight off c7 but others converge with it to form the posterior cord which the nerve branches straight off of) so without other symptoms (muscle group weakness, other sensory changes) its tough saying which one might be. But the rest still stands.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That nerve distribution you described is entirely within the radial nerve’s sensory distribution. Can look up the sensory dermatomes if you wanna double check me. Can also do a quick google search and check to see if where they were working in your shoulder area is along the route the nerve runs at the top of the arm or in the trap area or if the knot is overlying the projected path of the nerve. Could also be the c7 nerve root, if i am remember the brachial plexus correctly.

Did some brachial plexus research: radial nerve is made up of c5-t1 (it comes straight off c7 but others converge with it to form the posterior cord which the nerve branches straight off of) so without other symptoms (muscle group weakness, other sensory changes) its tough saying which one might be. But the rest still stands.
That is exactly what it is, thanks I didn't know where it was originating from they gave been needling in my traps and down by where the teres major is by the end of the trap and rear delt. I am going to tell them to stop needling to see what happens.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
LMAO, I think he was just tired from digging into me and was surprised when I said it was deceptively thick. You know we often don't realize what we look like to other people.
Definitely a nerve issue. Not sure if they damage a nerve or just caused some major inflammation that is pinching a nerve now...

I did a lot of warm up and prep / stability work for my RC and scapula then did some light supported rowing with holds and finally did some pressing with a slingshot. Everything was light. Worked up to 185 on flat bench with the slingshot did 15 reps 12 reps and 6 then the obvious weakness from the nerve made it to where I had to stop.

After that I did some dead hangs, and then weighted trap stretches 3 sets of 30-60 seconds for both.

I took some pics first thing yesterday morning, weighing in at a little soft but thick 217. I will be slimming down over the next 2-3 months and hopefully my shoulder will be ready to push hard when I am ready to start pushing for recomp / lean growth at the end of this. Here are ,y pics, not proud of current condition but I did enjoy myself getting here so I won't pretend I am ashamed or regret it. Was a conscious decision to let go and enjoy the food. At 5'7 217 doesn't look as bad as it could. LOL

View attachment 189746
Do you have worse pain on a certain side of your body? Any sciatica too?

5 foot 7 at 217 is huge man . At 195 , you should be looking pretty good. Your current physique is not bad but you are holding more bf compared to your avatar. What weight are you trying to hit now?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have worse pain on a certain side of your body? Any sciatica too?

5 foot 7 at 217 is huge man . At 195 , you should be looking pretty good. Your current physique is not bad but you are holding more bf compared to your avatar. What weight are you trying to hit now?
Oh I have a torn rotator cuff and about 95% sure my labrum is torn too on my right side. They couldn't tell on my labrum in the MRI because my metal anchors made black spots by the labrum and I couldn't get insurance to approve a 2nd MRI with dye before the end of the year. However I have had it repaired twice and am almost certain it is torn again. Degenerative arthritis and all it is almost a given. Now I have to meet a $2500 deductible and pay 10% up to $4000 to get any more work done so just trying to see what I can correct with physical therapy (just a copay) before going under the knife again due to expense and down time. However this nerve pain came from the dry needling, and or the graston work they are doing at PT. It is a new development. I was actually starting to see some nice improvement in scapular stability before this showed up. Was gearing up for a big push since my RC was strengthening nicely. Then this happened. Hoping it will resolve quickly but going to work around it until then. Focus on leaning back up and fixing the damage.

As far as sciatica I have had it and have some hip issues resulting from being in a boot for al ong time due to a foot injury. I was in an immobility boot for 9 months a big part of last year and my gate was all jacked up for a long period after that. So I wasn't really able to work legs much or do cardio so I just kind of slowed down and got softer than I normally allow myself. My goal is to get back around my avatar as far as cuts. However I have no clue how much I will have to lose to get there. I am sure I have lost some size in the last year having the torn rotator cuff for over a year and the boot and messed up gate for so long I couldn't really train anything hard... Training is my major motivator and my inspiration for discipline with diet. So with it not being inspiring, heck I basically quit for a some months everything fell apart. Would have been worse if i didn't at least keep posting on here to try to stay somewhat involved.

I may try to get down to 190-195 but who knows. If things go well and i cycle I won't make it that low. I will end up leaning up to that look around 205. If natty then yeah around 190-195 I should be pretty lean and that will probably be enough for me. Who knows though I may end up wanting closer to 7-8% if I get that far and am loving the cuts. If that happens and I can stay healthy then I would more than likely continue cutting and consider doing a classic physique show. However everything is up in the air with this new development... So at least I know I can get leaner.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chest is sore from that little bit of pressing yesterday. Happy I was able to get that kind of stimulation there. DOMS in my chest is hard to come by since dealing with this shoulder issue.

Was a cardio and ab day today.

Glute Activation work before cardio to help with stride.

Banded Hip Thrusts off of bench - 3 sets of 10 with 5 second Isometric contraction at top for activation. Glutes were burning by the end.

Side Stepping with Band - 30 yards both directions x 3 sets

Treadmill 35 minutes plus cool down - 394 calories

Ab Bench - 5 sets to failure first 3 with legs held up at low angle last 2 feet in the foot holders

Pallof Press - 35 x15 x 3 sets

Rotator Cuff -
2 hand band external rotations - 3x15
Single Arm band external rotations with towel under arm 3x15
Single Arm band internal rotations with towel under arm 3x15

Going to PT here shortly and will be telling them no needling for the week to see if that stops the issue. It seems it stemmed from a needle getting stuck and not wanting to release so I think we might just avoid those for right now. More than likely going to change to another place after this week to try to see if I can get some myofascial release /ART done.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man, I’m so sorry to hear that you had to deal with these injuries. Guess I should have read through your log more. It sucks. I bet you just want to lift normally and pain free, but at least you’re not letting it get to you and being proactive. You’ll learn new ways of training around it which will make you better in the long run.

You got this bro.

Sciatic sucks .

205 with aas is tempting for sure. You think you may do lower doses this time around to keep health in check on the cut?

Considering any gh or peptides too with these injuries?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And I think you should do the classic show . It would be a good goal to strive for , bro

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, I’m so sorry to hear that you had to deal with these injuries. Guess I should have read through your log more. It sucks. I bet you just want to lift normally and pain free, but at least you’re not letting it get to you and being proactive. You’ll learn new ways of training around it which will make you better in the long run.

You got this bro.

Sciatic sucks .

205 with aas is tempting for sure. You think you may do lower doses this time around to keep health in check on the cut?

Considering any gh or peptides too with these injuries?
I consider them often, but there has been a lot of cancer in my family mostly melanoma so I want to at a minimum go get another check up before thinking of anything like that. I know GH does not cause cancer in anyway but it will make it grow faster if you already have it so that will be something for after I can get to another check up with my dermatologist. I actually have some peptides and stuff in the deep freeze but again I haven't gotten to where i feel comfortable. Now I may go with some TB500 and or BP but that would require a purchase and money has just been very tight since fixing the house from Harvey and my wife and son having a lot of health issues last year.
And I think you should do the classic show . It would be a good goal to strive for , bro
Yes definitely, if I can knock this nerve issue back out I will be focusing back on aesthetics in order to try to make that happen.
When Kleen hits the switch....its on. He is a smart dude.
Thanks Boss!
Extremely smart and knowledgeable.
Thank you Sir!

So good news when I got to PT they routed me to the neck specialist once I complained of radial nerve issues. They adjusted me a bit and gave me some other exercises which have relived the pain / numbness a bit. He said if his suspicions are correct I should feel better tomorrow and I see him again Wednesday instead of the shoulder person then go back for shoulder work Friday.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I consider them often, but there has been a lot of cancer in my family mostly melanoma so I want to at a minimum go get another check up before thinking of anything like that. I know GH does not cause cancer in anyway but it will make it grow faster if you already have it so that will be something for after I can get to another check up with my dermatologist. I actually have some peptides and stuff in the deep freeze but again I haven't gotten to where i feel comfortable. Now I may go with some TB500 and or BP but that would require a purchase and money has just been very tight since fixing the house from Harvey and my wife and son having a lot of health issues last year.
Yes definitely, if I can knock this nerve issue back out I will be focusing back on aesthetics in order to try to make that happen.
Thanks Boss!
Thank you Sir!

So good news when I got to PT they routed me to the neck specialist once I complained of radial nerve issues. They adjusted me a bit and gave me some other exercises which have relived the pain / numbness a bit. He said if his suspicions are correct I should feel better tomorrow and I see him again Wednesday instead of the shoulder person then go back for shoulder work Friday.
Okay , you’re making all the right steps so I can’t really say much more lol. I’ve heard great things about tb500 and bpc. I think tb500 could work more effectively based on the experiences/research I saw but who knows.

In to see how you heal up

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoping the nerve issue will be resolved!
Me too if so probably do that lower dose run we talked about with a low dose oral kicker of MSten or SD.
Okay , you’re making all the right steps so I can’t really say much more lol. I’ve heard great things about tb500 and bpc. I think tb500 could work more effectively based on the experiences/research I saw but who knows.

In to see how you heal up
I will heal up well or push the surgery. One or the other are going to happen. I have to set some goals and push for them. Not doing it is not agreeing with my mental health. :) Definitely happy to have you along for the ride.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lifted this morning, did a mix of shoulders and legs. Nothing major just what I could do comfortably.

Warm Up on Stairmill

Rotator Cuff Rehab work

Rest was about 30 seconds on all shoulder work

DB Arnold Press 25 x RPE8 x 4 sets reps were high and stopped when the effort compromised the feeling of stability.

DB Side Raises 25 x 15, 15, 12 - I felt some discomfort and stopped the set, dropped weight 15x RPE8 x 5 sets reps starting around 25 and going down to around 8. I was not counting as it would only frustrate me at this point.

DB Hammer Curls 15x15 x2, 35x 12x2 - shoulder started bothering me... Switched Plans...

Leg Press - 4 plates x15, noticed my shoulder was not happy holding onto the seat handles. At that point I decided no more rest, I was going to hop up change the weights sit down and work. I was going to work up to whatever set I could get to 15 on without having to hold the handles for stability. I had some nice lactic acid build up going on my last 2 sets.
6p x15, 8p x15, 10p x15, 12p x15 and done...

Reverse Fly Machine 20kg x until partials only possible x 4 sets

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cardio / Rehab work today

35+ cool down on treadmill 402 cals
Planks 3 x 1 minute for normal and 3 x 30 seconds on each side.

Screwed up on my diet a little yesterday. Went home hungry to the smell of freshly baked white chocolate macadamia nut cookies... Had a few, was still in a nice deficit when it was all said and done but not happy with my decision to eat the cookies. Not happy with my wife's decision to have my daughter make them when it was not a planned higher calorie day... LOL they were out of the box I ordered from my daughters fund raiser and the wife wanted to get them out of the freezer... Oh well, no big deal like I said I adjusted and made sure I stayed in a deficit. Just a smaller dinner.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dam Kleen, sounds like you had a rough 2 days between your shoulder on every exercise and the fresh cookies.

Gotta get you a few good days under your belt so that mental state kicks in, then you can mash the pedal after that. You know the deal, get a few weeks in and then it all comes "natural"!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, you learned next time you have to avoid situations like that at the get-go!
Yes preparation is key. I did have food here at work just never got a chance to eat them. Had I not already been starving I would have probably not have had any of them.
Dam Kleen, sounds like you had a rough 2 days between your shoulder on every exercise and the fresh cookies.

Gotta get you a few good days under your belt so that mental state kicks in, then you can mash the pedal after that. You know the deal, get a few weeks in and then it all comes "natural"!
Yeah this shoulder situation is a pain, literally and figuratively. You are right though, a few good days helps, then a week or so in you get that natural stride of things and it is easier not to break pace. For me not having a clear target is a huge part of it.

So the target is losing a minimum of 10lbs by March 1. So 207 by then. Not a super lofty goal but also one I can't just keep messing up on since it is over a lb a week of loss. From there I will decide if I want to drop another 10.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Boy oh boy am I having a rough start to 2020... during the spinal and neck work to help the radial nerve at PT Wednesday they re-aggravated my ribs where they have been dislocated. I ended up staying home from work yesterday and of course not making it to the gym. I did keep my diet right but cannot breathe heavily, or stand up tall without some pain radiating out from where my ribs meet my spine... Been on a steady diet of 800mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours after waking up in pain about 2:00AM Thursday morning.

Been rolling my back and doing thoracic extension on the roller getting some pops and more relief but even being on that thing takes my breathe away. Trying to force myself not to brace so it can do it's thing is almost impossible but I am gonna work through this so I can get back on some cardio...

On a good note I just got verification the my PT Certification renewal was approved. It was under audit which is never a happy feeling. Been keeping it up to date so I can put it to use when I am ready to push things on that side again. I want to get myself back in shape first because who wants to hire an out of shape PT?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boy oh boy am I having a rough start to 2020... during the spinal and neck work to help the radial nerve at PT Wednesday they re-aggravated my ribs where they have been dislocated. I ended up staying home from work yesterday and of course not making it to the gym. I did keep my diet right but cannot breathe heavily, or stand up tall without some pain radiating out from where my ribs meet my spine... Been on a steady diet of 800mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours after waking up in pain about 2:00AM Thursday morning.

Been rolling my back and doing thoracic extension on the roller getting some pops and more relief but even being on that thing takes my breathe away. Trying to force myself not to brace so it can do it's thing is almost impossible but I am gonna work through this so I can get back on some cardio...

On a good note I just got verification the my PT Certification renewal was approved. It was under audit which is never a happy feeling. Been keeping it up to date so I can put it to use when I am ready to push things on that side again. I want to get myself back in shape first because who wants to hire an out of shape PT?
Really feeling for you, bro. We cripples have to stick together. ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man you sure you should keep seeing this particular office??
No not really.
I'm thinking the same thing...
It does seem a little disconcerting.
Really feeling for you, bro. We cripples have to stick together. ;)
No doubt!
These sound like the worst PTs in America.
Haha, I can see where it could easily sound that way.

I am giving it another two visits to see if things show some real improvement then I will be moving on. The issue with my thoracic area is an old one that I did not mention to them when he went to pull up to elongate my spine. So not counting that as a strike. Also the referring pain from my nerve is actually a part of what I assumed was shoulder pain. The guy who has been helping with that part showed me that with a test he did to see how sensitive my nervous system actually was which lit that exact area up. I was like "holy crap that is the exact pain that I thought was my labrum hurting this whole time." He said if that was a part of the shoulder issue it could have been your nerve being sensitive and you had 2 problems. The arm falling asleep is getting a little better now with his work and the exercises prescribed. It happens less and the tingling and what not is less severe. So assuming he does not light up my thoracic area again and I keep seeing improvement there I am not quite ready to call it quits. My rotator cuff is much stronger for certain, I feel more stability until that area where the nerve gets lit up gets aggravated. So now that they seem like they are on the right path which is nowhere around what my ortho thought. I am giving it another week to see what is happening. Now if ANYTHING else negative happens then I am out of there!!!!

I am sure it doesn't sound like it with the stories you have heard from me, but the place is actually pretty well regarded it is the IronMan physical therapy center. Not a small center or anything. However I am going to call Airrosti to see if they can get me in as well. I can't really afford to go anywhere not covered by my insurance. I also feel like some other form of soft tissue manipulation is probably going to benefit me better. I need every cent to go toward my deductible but I also can't afford to have anything hold me back. I am also going to make an appointment with my chiro for tomorrow if possible and have him give me a real adjustment. If this is stemming from a spinal impingement then that is probably the best way to go.

On a different note.

Cardio, ABS and PT stuff this morning.

Treadmill - Random Incline @5.5-11.5 degrees - 3 MPH x 45 minutes 502 cals

Crunches with swimmers kicks - 4 sets

PT exercises for rotator cuff and neck.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well that’s some great news about the shoulder pain being a nerve issue vs the labrum!
I agree completely! They actually took me off of the "shoulder" treatments and he is working on getting the muscles causing the impingement of the nerves to function properly. They had been telling me that my rotators seemed to be relatively strong for it being a rotator issue any longer for the last 2 weeks. When doing the strength test for them I pushed the guy away and he had to take a step back to catch himself so he was like No you have plenty strength there now. So feeling confident once we get this impingement squared away I should be able to really start pushing things a bit more!

I actually feel more confident in the PT that is working on this issue, and he took care not to inflame the thoracic area this time. Told me he would not have worked my thoracic area so hard if I had let him know about the injury ahead of time but it totally slipped my mind. Only thing that ever bothered it was back roll during squats when i wasn't conditioned enough so... I quizzed him about if this was presenting as a possible disc issue which I was worried about since everything is pointing to coming from the nerve outlet in my neck/spine and he told me that it was not. That it seemed I just have some dysfunction of muscle causing the tightness and compression from what he could tell. I am sure this is from my C7 spinal process being turned 30 degrees off to the side in a car accident about 15 years ago where I haven't been able to pop my neck on one side since. That is the side he is trying to get to loosen up now so they can get it to adjust and make more room for the nerve... Go figure...