Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like the fact that you are training Smart !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like the fact that you are training Smart !!
Thanks I am doing my best to keep things going but also play it smart.

I didn't get to go workout during lunch so I headed to the garage.

10 minute walk
Resistance Training Circuit 4 rounds

Iron Tech Lever Leg Press x20 reps- 225, 295, 315, 315
Right Arm DB Arnold Press - 35x15 - performed with slower negatives
Right Arm Lat pulldown - 50x12 - performed with slower negatives
Left Arm 140 degree front raise - no resistance x15 very slow tempo

Intensity was a little higher for my workout today. I wanted to get my heart rate up, and push work capacity a little bit since it is understandably abysmal right now. I had a nice little sweat going when I finished up. Shoulder felt pretty good during this, not saying it was not painful or uncomfortable doing the PT exercise but the improvement in pain / discomfort levels and muscle control is noticeable which is great!

I put in an order for 2 BPC 157, GW-501516, and MK 677 and will be starting the BPC and MK as soon as I get them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I put in an order for 2 BPC 157, GW-501516, and MK 677 and will be starting the BPC and MK as soon as I get them.
I am anxious to see how this helps !

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Amen to that, it was good for the soul as well.
Thank you Rocket!

Great news! I spoke with the PA regarding my incisions and after letting her know there was just a little scabbing she told me I could go ahead and get a nice sweat going. I also got some more guidance regarding PT type of stuff since I was not able to get in until the 21st. So I am now passively working my arm / shoulder through the prescribed ROM. Right now it is just flexion to 140 degrees to the front, and I can gradually start to use active ROM as the pain subsides. Not going to lie getting it to 140 degrees was not a fun thing to do. I can actively move it to about 90 degrees but the pain gets a bit gnarly so I am passively going the rest of the way to 140 degrees.

My shoulder was pretty sore from moving it when I got up this morning. Not alarmingly so, just what you would expect after starting to move muscles and joints around that have been cut through recently. Going to move it a few times throughout the day to work that ROM until it loosens up. I would like to be ahead of the game or at a minimum right where they expect by the time I roll into PT next week. I feel I am a week behind after not being able to get in to see them.

Nutrition yesterday was pretty good although low in calories, I had salmon and rice last night, but still ended the day in a heavy deficit. I was able to supplement my protein last night to get to my 150g minimum goals. Made good choices regarding food and feel I am making some progress there as well. I have my lunches up here for the week now which is nice to have a little bit prepared.

I am going to hit some resistance training today and will probably walk tonight, or do my first true cardio session since surgery tomorrow. Pretty excited to not have to pay so much attention to limiting intensity and sweat!!!
Did you try cooking it in the air fryer?!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

10 minute walk

Intensity was a little higher for my workout today. I wanted to get my heart rate up, and push work capacity a little bit since it is understandably abysmal right now. I had a nice little sweat going when I finished up. Shoulder felt pretty good during this, not saying it was not painful or uncomfortable doing the PT exercise but the improvement in pain / discomfort levels and muscle control is noticeable which is great!

I noticed when rehabbing after my leg, that doing the PT with my sweat up and a pump was 1000x easier than doing it cold. Also, hit the NO pumps hard - really makes a difference to recovery time for bone and connective tissues.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

10 minute walk

The BPC and MK should definitely help. Back when I was recovering from my forearm fracture and shoulder, when I was finally able to lift on that side, I used Arnold Presses almost exclusively for shoulder work on that side for about 5 months. It was actually pretty amazing the transformation in bringing that shoulder and arm back. And used Dumbell preacher curl almost exclusively for Bicep work during the same months, the extra support from the preacher bench really helped. It’s pretty amazing when eating right and training properly how muscle memory not only helps you build back fairly quickly, but also balance things out as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you try cooking it in the air fryer?!
Not yet, that post was before you mentioned how good it was or before I saw your post with recipe anyway. Actually still eating the leftovers from it. Left over I like to break it up in rice and add some Tony's and lemon juice to it. Sometimes some avocado and pico de gallo too MMMM!!!!!!
I noticed when rehabbing after my leg, that doing the PT with my sweat up and a pump was 1000x easier than doing it cold. Also, hit the NO pumps hard - really makes a difference to recovery time for bone and connective tissues.
Oh certainly, when I do them not warm I feel it much more.

Hadn't thought about the pump stuff helping with that, but I can see how it might aid in recovery. I have a good pump / neuro preworkout product I can add in.
The BPC and MK should definitely help. Back when I was recovering from my forearm fracture and shoulder, when I was finally able to lift on that side, I used Arnold Presses almost exclusively for shoulder work on that side for about 5 months. It was actually pretty amazing the transformation in bringing that shoulder and arm back. And used Dumbell preacher curl almost exclusively for Bicep work during the same months, the extra support from the preacher bench really helped. It’s pretty amazing when eating right and training properly how muscle memory not only helps you build back fairly quickly, but also balance things out as well.
Yeah I really like those plus with my right side tear I have a rough time coming out of the bottom with my elbows out but with them in the front and rotating around I can work them harder. Crazy to think here in a couple months I might be pushing them to do the other side. I know with the biceps being partially subluxed he would do the biceps tendon move on that one too. Going to call before my follow up to get him to make it also a check up on the other side and see if he can prescribe PT for it to see if we can get around a surgery but if not would like to see if can be done this year so I am not paying a new deductible for it next year if I don't have too. Will definitely stall regrowth progress temporarily but would make for a very productive year next year. Plus if I can make that happen could possibly discuss doing gyno surgery while down for that so training is not impacted as much.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will be going to the gym here in a couple hours going to do a bit more volume on legs with adduction and abduction added in then some upper push / pull stuff. I have decided no direct arm work is going to be done on my right arm while recovering the left side. I think I am getting pretty decent stimulation with the compound movements to maintain the muscle mass in my arms decently on the right side. Definitely achieving a pump. Once recovered, muscle memory and maybe a little anabolics will bring things back in line.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately plans changed shortly after my last post. The wife's TMJ started locking up on her and causing a lot of pain in her jaw. I could tell she didn't want to be alone in the bedroom and I felt bad for her so I have stayed home and paid attention to her. Just swapping my rest day to today and going to go lift tomorrow.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being a great husband. The gym can wait; nice call

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unfortunately plans changed shortly after my last post. The wife's TMJ started locking up on her and causing a lot of pain in her jaw. I could tell she didn't want to be alone in the bedroom and I felt bad for her so I have stayed home and paid attention to her. Just swapping my rest day to today and going to go lift tomorrow.
Good call my friend

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got in a nice session yesterday, I was very happy with what I did and even happier to spend a little time in the sauna for a nice sweat!

Stair Mill - 6 minutes - bracing against the arm rests and pushing the stairs down.

Super Set 1- Right Side Only
Life Fitness Isolateral Decline Chest Press
- 45x20, 70x15, 90x12, 100x10, 90x8
Life Fitness Isolateral CHest Supported Row 90x15, 115x15, 15, 13, 12,

Super Set 2
Leg Press 370 x 20, 460x15, 550x12, 640x12 x 2 sets
- I swear loading the weights was almost as much of a workout as the leg press. I definitely got some medial delt stimulation upright rowing the plates and holding them up to put on one handed.
Standing Arnold Press - Right Arm Only - 40x15, 15, 15, 12, 10

Super Set 3
Adductors - 115x15, 145x15, 170x15, 200x15, 220x12
Abductors - 145x15, 170x15, 200x15, 210x15, 210x12

Crunches 3 sets to failure

Sauna Time 20 minutes
- did some vacuum practice and rotary torso action while in there. I was surprised, a guy I didn't know saw me struggling to take my shirt of due to the sweat and he came over and offered to help. Good to see that kindness is still prevalent in the wild!

Being a great husband. The gym can wait; nice call
Yep, Love before Lifting.
Good call my friend
She was there to bathe you when you couldn’t; you have to take care of those kind of relationships!
THANKS! Agreed on all accounts. Nice to be surrounded by people who get it! Coming up on our 20th anniversary in December, you don't make it here without putting love first!

Prepped meals for this week. Pretty happy with the spread.

Lean Beef Chili - 2 cups per serving, 5 servings prepped - 55p, 24f, 29c - 566 calories
Harissa Chicken - brown rice, 1/4 greek yogurt, 2 olives, tomatoes with hot harissa sauce - 75p, 14f, 45c - 588 calories

Snacks - Pretzel Crisps / street taco tortilla white and low carb with hummus

Raw Veggies and Fruit for snacking as well.

20220918_213838.jpg

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got in a nice session yesterday, I was very happy with what I did and even happier to spend a little time in the sauna for a nice sweat!

Stair Mill - 6 minutes - bracing against the arm rests and pushing the stairs down.

Super Set 2
- I swear loading the weights was almost as much of a workout as the leg press. I definitely got some medial delt stimulation upright rowing the plates and holding them up to put on one handed.

Super Set 3

Sauna Time 20 minutes
- did some vacuum practice and rotary torso action while in there. I was surprised, a guy I didn't know saw me struggling to take my shirt of due to the sweat and he came over and offered to help. Good to see that kindness is still prevalent in the wild!

THANKS! Agreed on all accounts. Nice to be surrounded by people who get it! Coming up on our 20th anniversary in December, you don't make it here without putting love first!

Lean Beef Chili - 2 cups per serving, 5 servings prepped - 55p, 24f, 29c - 566 calories
Harissa Chicken - brown rice, 1/4 greek yogurt, 2 olives, tomatoes with hot harissa sauce - 75p, 14f, 45c - 588 calories

View attachment 222228
Meals are looking good… kind of makes me want to let my wife know I’ll pick up the stuff for Chili today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Super Set 2

Super Set 3

Sauna Time 20 minutes

View attachment 222228
I like to see the support for the Mission Taco Race Team !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Meals are looking good… kind of makes me want to let my wife know I’ll pick up the stuff for Chili today.
Thanks! I normally use 93/7 beef or turkey instead of 90/10 but there was a special on USDA Choice 90/10 beef yesterday at 5.99 a lb so I grabbed 4 of them. Drained off the fat while browning to get fat content down a bit but did not change macros to reflect doing that. Typically protein is a little higher and fats a little lower but this works out for sure.

It's funny the wife told me she felt bad I was in there cooking with my bad arm. I told her I am loving being able to be in here to do it. That I felt really good about the fact I was able to take care of my meals as well as help out with dinner after being down so long.
I like to see the support for the Mission Taco Race Team !!
Gotta love it!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What else is in the chili?

I’m a street taco fan also. 20 calories a pop? Sign me up!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All caught up-(that’s what I get for not getting on here)…so glad to see surgery went well and the healing process is coming along too! The wiping conversations had me laughing! I’m a lefty too but pretty ambidextrous thankfully…but then again, I’ve never had one arm fully restricted so that would be a full test! Haha
Food looks great! How is school going for Sage?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What else is in the chili?

I’m a street taco fan also. 20 calories a pop? Sign me up!
4lbs lean ground meat
2 cans diced stewed tomatoes
2 cans chili hot beans
3 cans tomato sauce
2 Boxes of Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm Chili
When the kids aren't eating it with me I will add jalapenos, green peppers and onions

This stuff is the key, as far as chili seasoning goes this is hands down the best!

For a more traditional southern chili get rid of the beans and a lot of the tomato sauce. I kind of make a mix of northern and southern chili so mine has some beans and more tomato flavor but still way more chili pepper than up north. I got used to it from my Grandpa's old Chili recipe which was both bean and tomato heavy from being a northerner.

Yeah you can't go wrong with the lower carb street taco tortillas. I have been having one of those and one flour street taco tortilla as a serving to get the best of both worlds. Letting all the fiber from the low carb one slow down the digestion of the white tortillas. Just using them in place of pita bread for now. Easy, convenient and cheaper than pita bread.

I ate well yesterday, calories were a bit low but a good and balanced day... by the way I have not updated my daily goals in MFP so ignore the daily goals below.

My shoulder was aching pretty bad yesterday and I was very tired so I took the day off from actual training. I did take 3 10-15 minute walks after each meal yesterday though so not too bad. Since feeling a little bit rough in the shoulder I am not going to lift today, but will do yesterday's cardio and let the shoulder rest for my first real PT session tomorrow morning.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Double up on the jalapenos, green peppers and onions please !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Double up on the jalapenos, green peppers and onions please !!
Agreed, it makes it so much better. I always add my jalapenos after the fact. I love the Vlasic Hot Jalapenos, so much so I ordered a case of them from Amazon because I couldn't find them at the stores. Not sure how Vlasic keeps everything crunchy but it is a game changer for jalapenos. Definitely worth ordering online for the difference in quality and bite.

I also keep a couple large green peppers up here for snacking and dipping. Either just add salt, or dip them in some hummus.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That one is good, I am using a different brand for the jalapeno one right now it was on sale. I normally go with Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus . However Boar's head has my favorite so far. Have you tried the Fiery Chipotle one? It is FIRE!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven’t tried the Jalapeño Hummus, I’m going to have to give that a shot. I love peppers, and almost anything spicy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That Boars Head looks good I am going to have to try that !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All caught up-(that’s what I get for not getting on here)…so glad to see surgery went well and the healing process is coming along too! The wiping conversations had me laughing! I’m a lefty too but pretty ambidextrous thankfully…but then again, I’ve never had one arm fully restricted so that would be a full test! Haha
Food looks great! How is school going for Sage?
@love2liftkat WooHoo, so nice to see you in here! Team Lefty in the house!!!!

Sage is doing well in school, she is doing pre-requisites and some business classes this semester ad is on the waiting list to start the cosmetology course next semester. Very proud of them and the fact they are pushing toward a goal.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@love2liftkat WooHoo, so nice to see you in here! Team Lefty in the house!!!!

Sage is doing well in school, she is doing pre-requisites and some business classes this semester ad is on the waiting list to start the cosmetology course next semester. Very proud of them and the fact they are pushing toward a goal.
Are you both left handed? Ditto.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you both left handed? Ditto.
Yes Sir!

Yesterday was a cardio day, I did not have tons of time due to trying to accrue ours so PT today did not cut into my PTO hours.

Tuesday 9/20/22 - Cardio - Treadmill incline walking - 30 minutes + cooldown

Nutritional Tracking

I had my first PT session today, not too bad tested a lot of ROM and whatnot. Got into some painful areas but didn't push things too much. I am released to take the immobilizer off in public now. I just need it for when I am going into a busy populated area and when doing things that are putting me at a higher risk for injury. Said I should also keep around for if I find I need the support for some reason. They gave me all of my exercises and a plan for how often to do them, and I am scheduled all the way through October.

I will be getting a lift session in at some point today and will update it later.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I ended up holding off on my lift session yesterday and went for a walk instead. My shoulder was a little aggravated from PT, and timing just got all moved around dealing with some contractors who are starting working on the house today. They showed up a couple hours later than planned and it just threw everything off. So I had to decide if I wanted to try to change clothes and squeeze a lift into limited time or just go walk around the neighborhood for a couple miles. I opted for the walk.

Another day of good nutrition down the hatch! My goals for now are somewhere between 2200-2600 a day with protein @ 200+, and then fats and carbs can be on a sliding scale. I definitely could have had more veggies and fiber yesterday but macro-wise this is a nice day for sure!

Recovery Note : Without my immobilizer I feel like I lost my woobie! Like when Snoopy steals Linus' blanket... Amazing how secure that thing made me feel compared to not having it on.

I am afraid I am going to over use my biceps having this sudden freedom of my dominant arm I almost automatically reach for everything with my left then have to remind myself nothing changed regarding me not being allowed to carry ANYTHING with my left biceps contracting. The PT reiterated yesterday when they said to go ahead and take it off except in busy places that I need to be vigilant on that part. It is the most important factor in me recovering without further issue. Told me to put the sling back on if I can't force myself not to use the biceps. I do have the immobilizer in the car and will go put it on if I feel I am overdoing it.

On a positive note, I slept better last night than I have since the surgery. Not having that beast on all night was awesome. I was nervous originally when laying down to sleep but once I got cozy I only woke up to pee. I have woken up at 8-10 times a night on average since the surgery adjusting myself and the immobilizer so last night only waking twice to pee was pretty amazing. :)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
8-10 times a night....you wasn't getting any sleep 😴

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
8-10 times a night....you wasn't getting any sleep 😴
No not at all. I would wake up needing to roll over, if I didn't I would accidentally push off with my bad arm and hurt myself. Was like several 15-30 minute naps a night really.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely remember trying to sleep with that on; just kind of trying to nap through the night like you said - not getting any deep sleep at all.

Keep your arm out of that thing. Put a giant foam #1 hand on or something if you need to deter yourself from using the hand, but don’t wear that immobilizer anymore except when temporary safety is a serious concern. It will hold you back.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those immobilizers are absolutely miserable, and almost impossible to get any significant rest. But you definitely don’t want to use it too soon though. I do like Hyde’s giant foam #1 hand suggestion.😂

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely remember trying to sleep with that on; just kind of trying to nap through the night like you said - not getting any deep sleep at all.

Keep your arm out of that thing. Put a giant foam #1 hand on or something if you need to deter yourself from using the hand, but don’t wear that immobilizer anymore except when temporary safety is a serious concern. It will hold you back.
Agreed, at this point in the game I would rather overdo it a little and need some ice, or anti-inflammatories for the shoulder than over protect it and slow things down. I feel I have got a decent handle on the biceps part. I tend to catch myself before I do anything and any time I feel any tension o the biceps with something I put it down or swap hands. Mostly just using for silverware and similar weight objects.

The PT lady kind of got frustrated when I showed her my active ROM up to 140 degrees, she was like who told you that you could do that? I said the PA, I called her specifically and asked what I could do since you all couldn't see me for a month. She said "just follow the prescribed limitations and do what I could." The PT tried telling me I don't need to work on Active ROM unless I was with her. I just smiled and said I would be careful and it is not hurting in an injury type of way and I would stay within the guidelines set by the doctor.

LMAO - Try to sleep with this on !!

View attachment 222419
LMAO that would be funny trying to get frisky with the wife. "Hey babe want to finger bang, cuz I got a big one!"

Does this count as food porn or just sadness for some? I actually enjoyed this meal quite a bit. Not shown shake with 2 scoops of whey.

1 green pepper, 1 roma tomato, 2 carb right and 1 flour street taco tortilla, 4tbls fiery chipotle hummus

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Those immobilizers are absolutely miserable, and almost impossible to get any significant rest. But you definitely don’t want to use it too soon though. I do like Hyde’s giant foam #1 hand suggestion.😂
Yeah it is pretty genius isn't it? I think I have it drilled in my head enough that I won't need that but we shall see. If I find I do, well then, I might just walk around looking like I am always ready to cheer for someone.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The food looks very good to me, I consider Humus a Treat !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The food looks very good to me, I consider Humus a Treat !!
Yep, I really like it on bagels as a lower fat alternative to cream cheese too. Great as a sandwich or wrap spread, dip, or heck I could eat it with a spoon and be happy.

Today's Session was a dual session -

Cardio and lift.
Incline treadmill - 35 minutes including 5 minute cool down

Super set 1 - right side only
DB Shoulder Press x 3 @ RPE8
Lat Pulldown x 3 @ RPE8

Super Set 2
Leg Press x 3 @RPE7
Leg Curl x 3 @RPE8
Leg Extensions x 3 @RPE8

I decided since I missed yesterday other than a relaxing walk I needed to step things up a little today. I was also a little over my hours for the week so I opted to spend the extra time at the gym for my lunch hour. The cardio before the lifting definitely made me feel weaker during the lift but it was exactly what I needed to get back on track. Now for some more food!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
“Don’t try to do any rehab yourself unless you’re paying me $250 a session. You couldn’t possibly understand your own body better than I do.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sure, whatever you say lady!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Don’t try to do any rehab yourself unless you’re paying me $250 a session. You couldn’t possibly understand your own body better than I do.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, I really like it on bagels as a lower fat alternative to cream cheese too. Great as a sandwich or wrap spread, dip, or heck I could eat it with a spoon and be happy.

Today's Session was a dual session -

Cardio and lift.
Incline treadmill - 35 minutes including 5 minute cool down

Super set 1 - right side only
DB Shoulder Press x 3 @ RPE8
Lat Pulldown x 3 @ RPE8

Super Set 2
Leg Press x 3 @RPE7
Leg Curl x 3 @RPE8
Leg Extensions x 3 @RPE8

I decided since I missed yesterday other than a relaxing walk I needed to step things up a little today. I was also a little over my hours for the week so I opted to spend the extra time at the gym for my lunch hour. The cardio before the lifting definitely made me feel weaker during the lift but it was exactly what I needed to get back on track. Now for some more food!!!
Good to see you be able to put in some good work. Hopefully everything will keep feeling good and progressing positively. Funny what Hyde said about the PT lady, but so true. She is seeing those dollars slipping out the back door.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not much to update today since I updated my session from yesterday already. Here is where my nutrition for yesterday ended up. Landing right in the area I have been focusing on so happy with that.

Morning Weight was 207.4 so still on the downward trend.

I will be doing some cardio and ab work during lunch hour. Also forgot to bring my food in today so going to have to come up with some meals. They have some Greek yogurt, fruit and bagels here for breakfast so going to have that for breakfast and maybe part of my lunch. Was tempted to grab some of the breakfast tacos but they all had a decent amount of grease so as much as I wanted to indulge I took the high road.

I know right, I was thinking if I am within the guidelines the doctor set with me I am fine. Don't be upset that I came in progressed further than you expected. Trying to stay with in the guidelines but if I get to a point I feel they are limiting my progress I will move forward by feel with the shoulder anyway. Now the biceps, Doc said 8 weeks no lifting or curling anything type of weight. So that is exactly what is happening with that but the other stuff in the shoulder he just cleaned up I trust I can go a little more by feel as long as I err on the side of caution. I can already Actively go to the highest ROM listed on my recovery for now which is 170 degrees. That was to be done weeks 4-8 and I am in week four so ahead of the game there without pushing to hard or going into too much discomfort.

Good to see you be able to put in some good work. Hopefully everything will keep feeling good and progressing positively. Funny what Hyde said about the PT lady, but so true. She is seeing those dollars slipping out the back door.
You know it! I told her not to sweat it because I intend to have my motion patterns corrected by them once I get past the other stuff. I need to be able to lift correctly when it is all said and done. We shall see if she is someone I want to stay with though or seek out someone else once the basics are covered.
Greed drives the world these days !!
Yes it does.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear your rehab is progressing ahead of schedule! a lot of PT docs are not use to people with discipline and drive. All the times me or my kids had PT. I paid for one session, took notes and did it on my own. They knew this up front and never have a problem with it. A few times they even printed it off for me. I just told them I didn't have the money to continue.

Nice job on saying no to the Breakfast Tacos, I broke down and had a sausage roll but passed on the donuts! Im on my off week so I usually eat a little more crap during this time off.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to hear your rehab is progressing ahead of schedule! a lot of PT docs are not use to people with discipline and drive. All the times me or my kids had PT. I paid for one session, took notes and did it on my own. They knew this up front and never have a problem with it. A few times they even printed it off for me. I just told them I didn't have the money to continue.

Nice job on saying no to the Breakfast Tacos, I broke down and had a sausage roll but passed on the donuts! Im on my off week so I usually eat a little more crap during this time off.
Man I passed on the booze last night, and fresh chocolate chip cookies and a blue raspberry slurpee today 🤪 must be something in the air 💪💥💪