Keto diet question

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm on the Leto diet about 350 gram of protein and about 150grams of fat- now I have heard that its ok to eat whatever kind of fats(bacon cheese beef nuts etc)
I hav been eating about 2 lbs of 93/7 ground beef a day with cheese and bacon- is it ok to hammer these saturated data on keto as my body is using fat as a fuel source?

baitslinger

baitslinger

Awards
So I'm on the Leto diet about 350 gram of protein and about 150grams of fat- now I have heard that its ok to eat whatever kind of fats(bacon cheese beef nuts etc)
I hav been eating about 2 lbs of 93/7 ground beef a day with cheese and bacon- is it ok to hammer these saturated data on keto as my body is using fat as a fuel source?
Nah, Schwell, saturated fats are never a good thing. Keto or otherwise

Try to minimize them (ie no cheese or bacon), and stick with the mono-unsaturated (ideally), or poly-unsaturated. Think nuts - like Macadamia, Cashew, Walnut, Almond, etc. Your circulatory system will thank you. Save those saturated fat grams for the inevitable, like steak and eggs.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturated fats are fine

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah, Schwell, saturated fats are never a good thing. Keto or otherwise

Try to minimize them (ie no cheese or bacon), and stick with the mono-unsaturated (ideally), or poly-unsaturated. Think nuts - like Macadamia, Cashew, Walnut, Almond, etc. Your circulatory system will thank you. Save those saturated fat grams for the inevitable, like steak and eggs.
While mono and poly unsaturated fats are good, i wouldnt go as far to say that saturated fats are all bad. You need a balance. While i wouldnt be eating 2 lbs of beef a day i dont think you have to cut all of it out.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
K I'm going to cut back to one lb of lean beef and add in a lb of chicken and 1/2 dozen eggs a day along with whey
I will cut out bacon and slow down on cheese- I seem to be leaning out nicely but I do have high cholesterol and I want that down asap

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
K I'm going to cut back to one lb of lean beef and add in a lb of chicken and 1/2 dozen eggs a day along with whey
I will cut out bacon and slow down on cheese- I seem to be leaning out nicely but I do have high cholesterol and I want that down asap
There is no link between serum cholesterol and dietary cholesterol

Saturated fats are fine. Enjoy your beef and bacon

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no link between serum cholesterol and dietary cholesterol

Saturated fats are fine. Enjoy your beef and bacon
x2 ESPECIALLY in the absence of carbs.

Still, adding in the chicken and eggs will be good just for the variety. Eating the same thing (even if it's loads of bacon), gets old quick. At least for me. :)

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool! Thanks ****era

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2 ESPECIALLY in the absence of carbs.

Still, adding in the chicken and eggs will be good just for the variety. Eating the same thing (even if it's loads of bacon), gets old quick. At least for me. :)
Too much bacon..?..?..

IMPOSSIBLE!!!

:food: