Keeping gains long term after 1 cycle

rva

Awards
Got an hdrol cycle planned for August/Sept and just thought of a new question.

I know I'm not going to get huge on a single Hrdol. Assuming I can put on my goal of 10lbs LBM during the cycle, is this long term gains? If I decide not to do another cycle for a year, or maybe ever, but I continue to lift hard, eat well, etc. are these gains going to stick and will I be able to add to them clean?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Assuming good diet, training and pct. Yes.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Simple answer, no.
Probably lose a lot of ur gains with in a few months. Expecialy from ur first cycle.
Natural gains can last a life time.

rva

Awards
1 yes and 1 no...

To be clear this cycle is going to kick off my winter bulk. I will run the cycle and then continue to bulk through January.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
To clarify you will keep most of your gains assuming solid pct, lifting and diet. You will keep around 8lbs out of 10 assuming you are very dedicated to pct, lifting and diet. The 2lbs lost are glycogen stores which increase while on cycle.

murk01

murk01

Awards
LOL.
Look gerbil probably has more experience. But, u can't expect to keep more then half after pct.

Try to cut ad much fat as u can. Get erase and eat like a cave man. Do.every till complete failure. Sleep 10hrs min a night. After a month I'll start growing at a higher rate naturally.

If u go with any hormones u will have to deal with a shutdown. Pct is only support during a shutdown.
U will be weak as fuk, tired, depressed and unbalance.

LOL. Yo did I male it sound like a filing nightmare? :p

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
The 8lbs out of 10lbs is assuming perfect diet (which few have), good lifting (which some have), great pct (which some have). The diet portion is very important but few have it truly dialed in.

LOL.
Look gerbil probably has more experience. But, u can't expect to keep more then half after pct.

Try to cut ad much fat as u can. Get erase and eat like a cave man. Do.every till complete failure. Sleep 10hrs min a night. After a month I'll start growing at a higher rate naturally.

If u go with any hormones u will have to deal with a shutdown. Pct is only support during a shutdown.
U will be weak as fuk, tired, depressed and unbalance.

LOL. Yo did I male it sound like a filing nightmare? :p

murk01

murk01

Awards
To clarify you will keep most of your gains assuming solid pct, lifting and diet. You will keep around 8lbs out of 10 assuming you are very dedicated to pct, lifting and diet. The 2lbs lost are glycogen stores which increase while on cycle.
Speaking about glycogen storage. Iis that the purpose of glycobol? I know there r other things like that. R they effective?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Couldnt tell you I personally dont use it. There are a lot of articles on increasing glycogen stores but I cant say they all work or which ones work because I haven't tried any of them.

Speaking about glycogen storage. Iis that the purpose of glycobol? I know there r other things like that. R they effective?

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Depends on where your gains were/are and your starting foundation. With that in mind, after someone of your height starts to get over 200 pounds it becomes very difficult to stay lean. This is why people who are 6'0" 220-230 lbs and <=10% bodyfat are almost automatically called out as not being natural. It is my understanding that if you want to looked jacked long term, you will have to continue cycling. If you are just talking about maintaining scale weight--that is possible. But lean mass maintenance will likely require further hormonal usage. I think Matt Porter over at PHF basically alluded to this fact in a similar thread.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Steve Reeves did it..... Before the days of steroids. Also to look jacked consistently you need a fantastic diet and workout program. You dont need chemicals (to a point). Steroids are not nearly as necessary as diet. If you need proof check out every pro bodybuilder they are all eating more then you do in 3 days in 1.

Eating correctly is the most important thing just look at bodybuilders pre-steroids they needed to work their asses off and eat alot.

Depends on where your gains were/are and your starting foundation. With that in mind, after someone of your height starts to get over 200 pounds it becomes very difficult to stay lean. This is why people who are 6'0" 220-230 lbs and <=10% bodyfat are almost automatically called out as not being natural. It is my understanding that if you want to looked jacked long term, you will have to continue cycling. If you are just talking about maintaining scale weight--that is possible. But lean mass maintenance will likely require further hormonal usage. I think Matt Porter over at PHF basically alluded to this fact in a similar thread.

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
The 8lbs out of 10lbs is assuming perfect diet (which few have), good lifting (which some have), great pct (which some have). The diet portion is very important but few have it truly dialed in.
Are there specific macros you are looking to hit specifically for post cycle? I know everyone's diet needs are specific, but is there any science behind a specific macro breakdown for post cycle retention?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
When on cycle/ post cycle I like to have a 30/40/30 p/c/f ratio. Eat above maintenance if you start putting on fat lower your calories by 200. Eat real foods not processed.

The people I know who keep most of their gains eat around 4000 calories daily of real unprocessed food. Which can seem like a chore, but keeping hard earned muscle is worth it.

Are there specific macros you are looking to hit specifically for post cycle? I know everyone's diet needs are specific, but is there any science behind a specific macro breakdown for post cycle retention?

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
When on cycle/ post cycle I like to have a 30/40/30 p/c/f ratio. Eat above maintenance if you start putting on fat lower your calories by 200. Eat real foods not processed.

The people I know who keep most of their gains eat around 4000 calories daily of real unprocessed food. Which can seem like a chore, but keeping hard earned muscle is worth it.
4,000 calories of real unprocessed food would be a chore. So to round out some numbers lets say a dude is 200lbs at 10% bf, jumps to 225 on cycle with 8% bf. Would you apply the same 4000 cal and drop 200 cals if fat is gained for a guy that went from 160 to 180 as you would the hypothetical guy I mentioned?

That takes some dedication and religious dieting.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Steve Reeves did it..... Before the days of steroids. Also to look jacked consistently you need a fantastic diet and workout program. You dont need chemicals (to a point). Steroids are not nearly as necessary as diet. If you need proof check out every pro bodybuilder they are all eating more then you do in 3 days in 1.

Eating correctly is the most important thing just look at bodybuilders pre-steroids they needed to work their asses off and eat alot.

I agree with most of what you are saying; however, it is debatable whether Steve Reeves was natural.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Dude for the purpose of simplicity on your fist cycle. Expect to keep about half. So u are doing hdrol for about 6week u will gain with good diet @10lb. U will keep 5lb.

Pct is also another 4 weeks
U will spend almost 3 months to gain 5lb.

A tight workout/diet/rest regime u can gain solid 2-3lb a month, x3=6lb in same amount of time with almost no health risk.

Ph is good on cycle in the summer so u look like a **** disiel p-ssy magnet. Or if ur trying to go pro

Please guys put in ur input. I'm not as advanced as most here on PJ's or aas.

But I think this is proper info for a first timer. And OP don't take my word for it read a lot of logs. Look for logs that last past or until the end of pct.

av6258

av6258

Awards
^^^^. If your diet is locked in and u eat hard/train hard you will gain more than 10 lbs on a 6 week h-drol run. However u shouldnt cycle int opinion until you truly adopt this lifestyle for a few years

ripped_k1d

Awards
My first cycle ever was hdrol for 5 weeks 50/50/75/75/100 Gained 15pounds kept 12 for the next 3 months after. Then I bulked so idk can't really say what would have happened if I didn't. The point is imo hdrol gives slow, lean muscle gains that stay..