Keeping Gains post cycle

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
I'm rounding the end of a 15 week test E/Anavar cycle

I'm at 400mg/week of test e
And 60mg of anavar
I've taken HCG @ 250/week since week 5 to keep testes from atrophy and it has worked
Also on 1mg of Dex EOD

PCT is starting 2 weeks after last pin and my plan is
Clomid 75/50/50/50
Nolva 40/40/20/20

I run a strongman style training regimen where I hit big muscle groups 3xWeek and have a hypertrophy day on the weekend and diet is a carbcycle style diet with an interest in body recomposition. I eat 20% surplus on training days with high carb, low fat, and moderate protein, and 20% deficit on off days with high protein, and high fat, low carb. My main concern is keeping my size and strength that I've put on through the cycle. I know PCT is half the battle but will I be able to keep my same diet up and still maintain this strength? Any advice on this would come greatly appreciated! On one of the two weeks after I finish pinning where I'm waiting for excess test to leave the system before PCT begins I will be on vacation and not really be able to train other than some bodybuilding movements. Will this be detrimental to my keeping of gains?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should eat to maintain your new bodyweight, train just as hard. Your definitely going to loose some strength but slacking off because you are no longer on cycle is why most ppl lose so much of what they gained.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should eat to maintain your new bodyweight, train just as hard. Your definitely going to loose some strength but slacking off because you are no longer on cycle is why most ppl lose so much of what they gained.
This, keep eating post cycle, even if your hunger is not as high as it was.

You could add in OTC supplements during your PCT to help aid with hunger increase and strength gains. Two good options would be MassMax XT or X-Gels. Users have reported a 5-7 pound weight gain in 8 weeks with MassMax XT, but their body composition improved during those 8 weeks despite the weight gain. Strength goes up quite a bit and users usually report an increase in hunger as well. X-Gels are great for strength as well.

Training as hard may be difficult because recovery will not be as quick. I would look into adding an ergogenic aid, such as IntraMax or Ergonine. Both contain ingredients, such as creatine, betanine, and much more to add with recovery and performance. Either one of those could help with keeping your training intensity or volume just as high. MassMax XT will also help with recovery. You could also look into a Laxo product, that will help with recovery as well.