Kat's mackin it with BPS MacaPro

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Rest those muscles Kat and make some gainzzz!!

emantest

emantest

Awards
Haha you're so funny! Lol I nah, just come get braces! Rofl!...me too!! Wasn't sure how interested you guys would be in hearing details!...so far, 1 week or so before "the wave" hits as you call it! Lol Just starting to get the usual mood change and water retention. It seem to hit a little later this time though. I usually have it a full 2 weeks before and the week of! Yes 3 pain in my a** weeks! Lol Rest day today! I am very very sore today and very tired. I may actually rest today. I did bring my clothes to do cardio after work, just in case I can muster up the energy. I went to bed early last night and slept hard! Soaked in Epsom salt before bed to ease muscles and also to help with the water retention. I hit my macros again yesterday too! Whoop whoop! :) Have an awesome day today!
Thanks for the update! Once your full bore bleed please ask your husbands opinion on any less anger moments or less or more emotional belittlements on your part, f bombs, etc...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the update! Once your full bore bleed please ask your husbands opinion on any less anger moments or less or more emotional belittlements on your part, f bombs, etc...
indeed!!!

good luck kat!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rest those muscles Kat and make some gainzzz!!
Thank you BigRed! I have a hard time resting! Gotta remember that's when muscles grow! :)

Hahaha will do! I hope I'm not THAT bad! Lol...I do hope the MacaPro helps though! ...I can guarantee that the f bomb is only dropped for 1 reason and he'd never complain about that one! ;)

indeed!!! good luck kat!!!
Thank you!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaha will do! I hope I'm not THAT bad! Lol...I do hope the MacaPro helps though! ...I can guarantee that the f bomb is only dropped for 1 reason and he'd never complain about that one! ;)
LMAO.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gave up on working out. I just come in here and read your work out, have a shake, and hit the sack. I am wore out reading all that you do Kat !! ;)
lol, I am with this guy... I have DOMs today from your workout yesterday ;)

turff49

turff49

Awards
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy happy Thursday! Last work day of the week! Last day of the week to wake up at 4:30! Yay! Got to sleep a little late last night due to late night cardio in honors of MacaPro! ;) DOMS is better today! My triceps were a little sore starting out for some reason but once they warmed up good, it wasn't too bad!

Arms

Warmup
Rope pushdown
20x12
25x12
30x12

SS1
Single handle pushdown (all reps on 1 side)
12x12
15x12
17.5x8, 15x4- too heavy
15x12

Machine dips
110x12
120x10
130x8
140x6- negative focus( stood up a bit to push down-per inst.)

SS 2:
DB kickbacks
20x8x3
15x8

Skull crushers
40x10x8

Supposed to do 2 sets of DB curls to warm up- but I forgot

SS 3
DB curls 8-palms up w/ 3 sec descent/8 hammer-(I had to alt these)
15x16x4

Machine preacher curls- plate loaded -big squeeze at top
35x8
30x8x3

Sweat and tears!!!!- laid my head on the machine for a few seconds after they were all over! Lol

SS 4
Ez bar curls- 3 second descent
35x8x4

Ez bar rev curls- had a few pauses :(
35x15x2
30x15x2- tried dropping to see if that helped with pauses but just moving my arms seemed impossible! Haha

Cardio 30 mins LISS ...skipped sprints in prep for leg day tomorrow!! :D

After resting yesterday, I feel much better today! Tried a new pwo today that I'll be putting up more info about in my first log since this one is sponsored by BPS! :) I can post a link if you'd like? Have a fabulous day guys and gals!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those are pretty strong kickbacks for pronated. Nice work, and I don't think anyone will have a problem finding your log.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20,000 calories spent lifting! The volume crew (RJ and Wasme) welcomes you! Very nice numbers!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a serious arm workout. That late night cardio is the best cardio 8) that you both can enjoy lolol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My wife wants to start weightlifting and have me coach her, came by here to see a female take on lifting but you're definitely no novice/beginner Kat. You would put a lot of my gym members to absolute shame lol fantastic work being done in here!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Late night cardio for the WIN!!!
Killer arm workout Kat:)

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very strong workout Kat.... You're definitely stronger then most of the women in my gym :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killing it as usual :)

I also train in the early morning, and sometimes it sucks LOL.

I agree with the other guys, definitely one of the strongest females I've seen, and WAY stronger than the ones at my gym!

Glad to see that MacaPro is helping out with that nighttime cardio ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahahahahahaahahahah, I'm such a dork! I kept thinking hmmm... You don't do cardio at night!!!! Such a bad girl! :D

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dat dere MacaPro is serious business for libido boost :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks everyone! :)

My wife wants to start weightlifting and have me coach her, came by here to see a female take on lifting but you're definitely no novice/beginner Kat. You would put a lot of my gym members to absolute shame lol fantastic work being done in here!
Lol well, thank you! That's awesome that your wife wants you to train her!! I hope she falls in love with lifting too!

That'd be so fun... Think of the possibilities...
Hahaha Double trouble!! ;)

Hahahahahahaahahahah, I'm such a dork! I kept thinking hmmm... You don't do cardio at night!!!! Such a bad girl! :D
Lol you're so funny girl!!

Dat dere MacaPro is serious business for libido boost :D
This^^^ for real!! ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can keep your lats engaged while doing a full rep. Just don't fully lower the DB on your chest and you'll still have it under tension. I'd argue that by limiting your ROM and stopping your forward motion that you'd be decreasing maximal lat activation.

I think some of meadows stuff is ok but IMO his shilling of biotest has completely destroyed his credibility.
Not in my opinion. The guy deserves to make a buck of his name. This isn't just about training and what not it is about money. He wouldn't have turned his name into a brand if he did not want to make money. You don't hear people saying Ronnie Coleman lost credit from working with Muscle Tech, I don't really see how that should be any different than this situation. Nobody thinks Ronnie built his muslce with MuslceTech but it does not discredit him as a body builder. Maybe as a supplement promoter but not as a bodybuilder. Same situation just this time it is someone who is an elite level trainer and coach. It is really a business decision. People passionate to the sport see it as a sell out, but reality ends up being you gonna run this like a business and make money or run it like some idealistic guy who doesn't make money doing what he loves. Sooner or later we all trade some of our "I would like to's" for dollars. At least the science behind BIOTEST products is legit even if you don't like how they promote it the stuff actually works. I have never used a Biotest product that did not work. I don't often buy them due to the cost but have never tired one that was not effective. I am talking all the way back since the site was simply called Testosterone.net.

As far as the training effect i am not sure but unless using intentions and squeezing in and down once you get to a vertical plane the lats are not under direct tension from the weight once in a vertical position. Gravity doesn't work in that direction to add resistance. So keeping it loaded is going to be the best way to keep tension on the muscle. He uses these in combination with stretchers and straight arm pull downs to hit the intire range of motion for the lat.
Maybe your guys were into HIIT... 30 seconds on a while off 30 seconds on... a while off... HIIT seems to be more popular these days. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
on behalf of BPS we accept reponsibility for macapro's role in keeping you up late last night.:sgrin:

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol you guys are too funny!

Hubby was working late and I got off early so I went back for a little more cardio...trying to drown and sweat this dang water off! One of my girls joined me too! :) This was before my workout and no, I don't dare try to leave my hair down! Lol

30 mins treadmill

Abs
Lying leg lifts w/ rev crunch SS decline sit ups
15/15/20 repeat 3x's last sit-ups were only 15 abs were on fire!

Plank 1 min x2

Chin ups SS w hanging knee raises from bar
9/12, 6/12, 1(12 sec hold and 6 sec descent)/12

Chin ups were a dumb idea on arm day! Lol

Attachments

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodnight that's a workout and note to self i'm weak lol. I only do 120 lbs on machine dips lol.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
You getting all 'kinds' of cardio in ;) Looking good Kat!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Mystere3

Awards
There's a difference between promoting a product and shilling. I don't have a problem with people making money off their name; this isn't about that. Making BS claims that are obviously untrue is another story. Read the article below and tell me that's plausible.

http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/john-meadows-contest-shape

Plazma, indigo-3G, w/e. It's all overpriced garbage that only idiots would spend money on. The people pushing those products are taking HGH and gear and claiming their results are from their BS supplements.

I respect Meadows for his training programs and will read his articles but basically disregard anything he says about supplements.

Not in my opinion. The guy deserves to make a buck of his name. This isn't just about training and what not it is about money. He wouldn't have turned his name into a brand if he did not want to make money. You don't hear people saying Ronnie Coleman lost credit from working with Muscle Tech, I don't really see how that should be any different than this situation. Nobody thinks Ronnie built his muslce with MuslceTech but it does not discredit him as a body builder. Maybe as a supplement promoter but not as a bodybuilder. Same situation just this time it is someone who is an elite level trainer and coach. It is really a business decision. People passionate to the sport see it as a sell out, but reality ends up being you gonna run this like a business and make money or run it like some idealistic guy who doesn't make money doing what he loves. Sooner or later we all trade some of our "I would like to's" for dollars. At least the science behind BIOTEST products is legit even if you don't like how they promote it the stuff actually works. I have never used a Biotest product that did not work. I don't often buy them due to the cost but have never tired one that was not effective. I am talking all the way back since the site was simply called Testosterone.net.
As far as the training effect i am not sure but unless using intentions and squeezing in and down once you get to a vertical plane the lats are not under direct tension from the weight once in a vertical position. Gravity doesn't work in that direction to add resistance. So keeping it loaded is going to be the best way to keep tension on the muscle. He uses these in combination with stretchers and straight arm pull downs to hit the intire range of motion for the lat.
I don't dispute that you might have better time under tension with a shorter range of motion, but you won't be able to get the same amount of explosiveness if you stop the rep short. Furthermore, pullovers are a better activator of pec major than they are of lats, and there are better ways to train lats than pullovers, like weighted pull-ups.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
There's a difference between promoting a product and shilling. I don't have a problem with people making money off their name; this isn't about that. Making BS claims that are obviously untrue is another story. Read the article below and tell me that's plausible.

Plazma, indigo-3G, w/e. It's all overpriced garbage that only idiots would spend money on. The people pushing those products are taking HGH and gear and claiming their results are from their BS supplements.

I respect Meadows for his training programs and will read his articles but basically disregard anything he says about supplements.

I don't dispute that you might have better time under tension with a shorter range of motion, but you won't be able to get the same amount of explosiveness if you stop the rep short. Furthermore, pullovers are a better activator of pec major than they are of lats, and there are better ways to train lats than pullovers, like weighted pull-ups.
As bad as it may sound they do not state that its the ONLY thing they're taking. So basically they can take whatever they want as long as they're popping a few "plazma" pills a day. As misleading as it still is the consumer must understand no bodybuilder takes only one product to become the way they are. Or even just one steroid.,.my 2 cents.

Mystere3

Awards
"• John credits the shredding while gaining phenomenon to the specialized nutrients and carbs he added into his diet, which came from Plazma.™"

As bad as it may sound they do not state that its the ONLY thing they're taking. So basically they can take whatever they want as long as they're popping a few "plazma" pills a day. As misleading as it still is the consumer must understand no bodybuilder takes only one product to become the way they are. Or even just one steroid.,.my 2 cents.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
"o John credits the shredding while gaining phenomenon to the specialized nutrients and carbs he added into his diet, which came from Plazma.(TM)"
Lmao, yeah that's wrong. But consumers should be smarter than to buy into that.

Mystere3

Awards
Sure, but you can't make statements like that and have it not affect your credibility.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Sure, but you can't make statements like that and have it not affect your credibility.
Agreed 100%, but that is a major part of the supplement industry, especially the natural portion.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established

Lol I read the entire article and was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. I understand making a buck but come the **** on. Some guy is going to buy plazma and try and do a 3 hr leg session now thinking he has what it takes. Unbelievable. When I started lifting I got my workouts from muscleandfitness. Big frickin mistake! You already know why!

Mystere3

Awards
Agreed 100%, but that is a major part of the supplement industry, especially the natural portion.
You don't have to lie to promote your products unless they don't work. The results should speak for themselves.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy happy Friday! 2 of my girls had to go early without me so it was just me and one other girl today! Let me just say...it was fun to be able to pick up the pace with the meadows routine! Awesome leg day! Back/hips are a little tight but not cramping up like last week!

Warm up
Walking lunges 12.5's x22 (across the room and back)

Lying leg curls both legs
40x15
50x15
60x15

Kneeling single leg curls
40x15
40x15
45x15

Squats- still not pushing it with my back
75x8
95x8
115x8
125x6
135x6
145x6
Felt stronger on theses today though- can't wait to go up!!! :)

Standing Calf raise on hack squat (plate weight only)
90 x15
135 x15x3
175x15x4

BB SLDLs -man have I missed doing these!!!
95x15
115x15
135x15

BB lunges (all reps on 1 side and then the other - switching starting leg R,L,R)
75x10
95x10x2

Adductor- waiting on leg press
130x20
150x20
170x15

Leg press
320x8
410x8
410x8
^^ normal stance
Feet together:
230x12x2
185x30/25 pulses at bottom/ 15 more full reps to failure

Open stride elliptical 30 mins hr @~145

Stretching/yoga

Super hungry now! Very happy with my wo today! Legs feel nice and dead!

Dosed MacaPro before heading to the gym. Staying with my 2 pills a day and really feeling pretty good since I've upped it! :)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I freakin' hate lunges!!!! Gotta do them though I guess :)
Nice job Kat!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Great leg day! For not pushing it on squats you sure killed the weight

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
That's some good squat numbers kat. Esp for pre exhausts.

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strong numbers all the way through that workout! Great job Kat:)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong sesh, Kat! You def kicked my butt! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Jd- Gotta get my butt round and firm so lunges are a must!! lol Thanks guys! It was good to feel stronger on squats today! Hopefully #'s with go up real soon! I want 200- that's not too much to ask?! lol SB - I really like doing the pre-exhaust seem to have a better mind to muscle connection and actually feeling my quads work a bit!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards