love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love the State of Tennessee! Of course it's my home state too. But it really has some beautiful scenery!
I did not know that! :). It is beautiful!!

You're in my neighborhood :)
Too cool! Which part are you located?

Beautiful pics, especially the fam!
Thank you! :) We had a hard time squeezing everyone in for the selfie. Haha

Made it back! Just ran to the grocery store. Got turkey burgers, tilapia, chicken breast, and tuna for the week! Even got some beans for my carbs! :) Now to prep for the week before bed!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tennessee Tennessee Take me back to another place take me back to another land Tennessee Tennessee lol yall to young to know that song!!!! Love the fam time Kat it does you some good!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tennessee Tennessee Take me back to another place take me back to another land Tennessee Tennessee lol yall to young to know that song!!!! Love the fam time Kat it does you some good!!
Haha I had to look it up!
http://youtu.be/6VCdJyOAQYM

Thank you! I thoroughly enjoy every moment I can with my family!! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man did it feel good to be back in the gym! Today is week 3 of MD. Really enjoyed today's workout! Lats are fried for sure!

Meadow rows
20x10
35x10
45x10
55x10
65x10-super hard!!

These were basically SS to keep things rolling. Did take 30-45 seconds to catch my breath between exercises.

Smith BB rows(stops set up at mid shin. Driving weight up from the stops)
80x8
100x2, 90x8-dropped down to keep form
90x8

Close grip Chin ups to failure (palms facing each other) 10,9,9

DB pullovers- head off bench DB to forehead
40x12x3

These light your lats on fire after everything else

(Added this! Hehe)
Triset finisher:
Stretchers
100x12
90x8, 85x4
100x6, 85x6, 70x6- dropset

Seated cable rows
85x12
100x10
100x6, 85x6, 70x6

High rope rows with stretch
50x12
57.5x12
57.5x6, 50x6, 42.5x6-4 second hold at end

I have been working myself up to two pills a day of the MacaPro! Today is day 2 of am/pm dosing. :) Still feeling good, libido is high, and focus seems to be really good too!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kat is a machine! Jealous of your volume! Nice work!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh I forgot to add that the 65 on meadows and the 10 chin ups are both PR's!! :D

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work Kat! Congrats on the PR's!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Nice job on the PR's Kat!!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man did it feel good to be back in the gym! Today is week 3 of MD. Really enjoyed today's workout! Lats are fried for sure! Meadow rows 20x10 35x10 45x10 55x10 65x10-super hard!! These were basically SS to keep things rolling. Did take 30-45 seconds to catch my breath between exercises. Smith BB rows(stops set up at mid shin. Driving weight up from the stops) 80x8 100x2, 90x8-dropped down to keep form 90x8 Close grip Chin ups to failure (palms facing each other) 10,9,9 DB pullovers- head off bench DB to forehead 40x12x3 These light your lats on fire after everything else (Added this! Hehe) Triset finisher: Stretchers 100x12 90x8, 85x4 100x6, 85x6, 70x6- dropset Seated cable rows 85x12 100x10 100x6, 85x6, 70x6 High rope rows with stretch 50x12 57.5x12 57.5x6, 50x6, 42.5x6-4 second hold at end I have been working myself up to two pills a day of the MacaPro! Today is day 2 of am/pm dosing. :) Still feeling good, libido is high, and focus seems to be really good too!
Another great workout Kat. I don't know how you do it on a Monday morning :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are gonna like 2 macapro a day!!!honestly, having used maca before i was very impressed how much better macapro is than other maca products i've tried.

Mystere3

Awards
I'd bring the pullovers up a bit more; you don't have to bring them ALL the way to your chest (maybe like 2" off) but to your forehead isn't far enough IMO. You're doing them with your body parallel to the bench (on it) like a skull crusher, right?

Key to this exercise IMO is to go as low as possible on the way down and squeeze your chest and lats to explosively bring the weight up.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice job on the PR's Kat!!
Thank you Jd!
Another great workout Kat. I don't know how you do it on a Monday morning :)
Lol Thank you! I love Monday mornings! I'm always excited to train again!

you are gonna like 2 macapro a day!!!honestly, having used maca before i was very impressed how much better macapro is than other maca products i've tried.
I'm looking forward to the changes! I think building up to the full dose is helping my stomach adjust.
I'd bring the pullovers up a bit more; you don't have to bring them ALL the way to your chest (maybe like 2" off) but to your forehead isn't far enough IMO. You're doing them with your body parallel to the bench (on it) like a skull crusher, right? Key to this exercise IMO is to go as low as possible on the way down and squeeze your chest and lats to explosively bring the weight up.
I usually do them that way but the instructions in the program were to go to your forehead. I laid on the bench with my head hanging off the bench as instructed as well. This seemed to isolate the lats more than the traditional form.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually do them that way but the instructions in the program were to go to your forehead. I laid on the bench with my head hanging off the bench as instructed as well. This seemed to isolate the lats more than the traditional form.
I agree here. Some of his instructions seemed odd to me at first, but his routines work.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I agree here. Some of his instructions seemed odd to me at first, but his routines work.
He does a lot to increase tut. 3/4 pullovers 3/4 benches and squats ISO holds supersets 1.5 reps. He knows what he's doing.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Killin it with the MD program kat! Props!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can definitely feel a difference in even the small changes in form! The smith rows today were almost like a mix between a DL and a row- going down that low! I enjoy feeling the differences.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He does a lot to increase tut. 3/4 pullovers 3/4 benches and squats ISO holds supersets 1.5 reps. He knows what he's doing.
^^^^ This... the purpose of only going to your forehead is to keep the lats engaged the entire time.

- Those pictures are great. Was that the hotel you were staying at with the waterfall?

emantest

emantest

Awards
Great looking family Kat, and the hotel looks awesome!!! My family and I went to Memphis this weekend to recon the area for maybe a house. I've got a job opportunity there.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^^^ This... the purpose of only going to your forehead is to keep the lats engaged the entire time. - Those pictures are great. Was that the hotel you were staying at with the waterfall?
They definitely did that! 12 reps seemed impossible to get! Lol
Thank you! Yes, it was! It's almost 300 acres of gardens/waterfalls. Such a beautiful place!

Great looking family Kat, and the hotel looks awesome!!! My family and I went to Memphis this weekend to recon the area for maybe a house. I've got a job opportunity there.
Thank you emantest! Oh that's exciting! Memphis can be a pretty neat area. Definitely get some good BBQ there! ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doing the stair climber in a hoodie is like doing the stair climber in a sauna!! You know you got a good sweat on when even the outside of your hoodie is wet! Hahaha

Made it 36 mins on the stair climber and did 5 to cool down on the treadmill. 2 nights of limited sleep due to a sick child is catching up with me though! Hopefully I can get to bed around 10 tonight!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Doing the stair climber in a hoodie is like doing the stair climber in a sauna!! You know you got a good sweat on when even the outside of your hoodie is wet! Hahaha Made it 36 mins on the stair climber and did 5 to cool down on the treadmill. 2 nights of limited sleep due to a sick child is catching up with me though! Hopefully I can get to bed around 10 tonight!
That's just while lifting. :-D. Good work.

turff49

turff49

Awards
You are just a machine!. That had to be brutal...

emantest

emantest

Awards
My gym has no A/C so a stairclimber or any working out during the day is brutally hot!! The owner said it's the optimal temp to lift in, nuts...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's just while lifting. :-D. Good work.
Haha we can't all be as good as you! ;) jkn
Thank you!
You are just a machine!. That had to be brutal...
Thank you! :) It was rough! Heart was pounding! Lol
My gym has no A/C so a stairclimber or any working out during the day is brutally hot!! The owner said it's the optimal temp to lift in, nuts...
Oh my!! That sucks!! I'm sure you're drenched by the time you just get going good! Lol

Mystere3

Awards
^^^^ This... the purpose of only going to your forehead is to keep the lats engaged the entire time.

- Those pictures are great. Was that the hotel you were staying at with the waterfall?
You can keep your lats engaged while doing a full rep. Just don't fully lower the DB on your chest and you'll still have it under tension. I'd argue that by limiting your ROM and stopping your forward motion that you'd be decreasing maximal lat activation.

I think some of meadows stuff is ok but IMO his shilling of biotest has completely destroyed his credibility.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good morning and happy Tuesday! Actually got all of my calories in yesterday and hit my macros! Felt like I was eating tons of food too! Lol that's ok because I've been very hungry lately! Not sure why!
Chest and shoulder torture day today! Today's workout was intense and long! Took right 1 1/2 with 3 people. I did not SS any of the first exercises. I wanted to be able to put the full effort in and my chest burns out so much faster than my back!

Nautilus incline press(weight of plates per side)
15 x12
20x12
30x10
40x8
50x6
50x6,35x6, 25x6

Incline BB bench
75x6
85x6
85x6
85x6

Flat bench
65x15
75x15
75x15

Stretch push-ups step with a riser and feet on a bench 3 sets to failure

SS w/ band over and backs x10

DB rev flyes (both arms)
12.5x10
12.5x10
15x10
15x10(all reps on 1 arm and then the other)

SS w/ band over and backs

Wide OHP- very light
45x12x3

Machine shoulder press w/ palms facing each other
30x12x3

Destroyer set: Rev DB hang/swing on incline bench
25's x60, 12.5x30, 7.5x15

These hurt so insanely bad! I loved them! Unfortunately there were several breaks especially with the 25's

Chest/shoulders/traps are so fried now! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice lifts Kat! The destroyer sets get me too, I don't think I've ever hit 60 without any pauses.

Last edited:
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seriously KAT keep it up! Your killing it lately

turff49

turff49

Awards
Wow, 60 reps with 25's. I'm not sure I could do 60 reps! Very, very impressive girl!

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probably that intense bedroom cardio making your appetite go up..lol
Killer workout as usual Kat!!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Destroyers are awesome but I loathe them at the same time. lol. Good work. 25s are legit. Their my second weight in the progression and make me cry a little lol

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice lifts Kat! The destroyer sets get me too, I don't think I've ever hit 60 without any pauses.
Thank you! It felt like I stopped like every 8 reps. Lol
Seriously KAT keep it up! Your killing it lately
Thank you! :)
Wow, 60 reps with 25's. I'm not sure I could do 60 reps! Very, very impressive girl!
haha thanks! I'm sure you could do a better job than I did! Lol
Probably that intense bedroom cardio making your appetite go up..lol Killer workout as usual Kat!!
Very true! Lol Thank you
Destroyers are awesome but I loathe them at the same time. lol. Good work. 25s are legit. Their my second weight in the progression and make me cry a little lol
Thank you! Yes, I feel the same way about them! The last 10 i collapsed to to bottom of the bench with tears rolling down my face and had to push myself back up! Lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love destroyers! You're strong kat, some of your numbers are relatively close to mine! Keep it up

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very awesome volume!!!! I frigging love to see your workouts as it kicks my butt to do more. Also love the bench numbers!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love destroyers! You're strong kat, some of your numbers are relatively close to mine! Keep it up
Thank you Tyga! Steady wanting more! Lol :)

Very awesome volume!!!! I frigging love to see your workouts as it kicks my butt to do more. Also love the bench numbers!!
Thank you!! I'm so glad!! That makes me excited! Bench was pretty weak today after the incline press! Lol

Lunch time cardio and abs

30 mins on stair climber with hoodie. Went a little slower to keep hr down and really worked glutes and calves

Abs:
Hanging knee raises (from pull-up bar) ss w cable vbar crunches

12/42.5x20 3 Rounds

Hanging knee raises on elbows
20x2- someone jumped in on my circuit that I had set up when I was throwing my wipe away

Triset- repeat 3 x's
15 Lying leg raises with rev crunch
12 Sit ups with feet elevated 3 sec descent
1 min plank

Just a note: it's really difficult to change clothes! Lol My lats are crazy sore and I can still feel the burn in my shoulders from this morning. Maybe I can sweet talk hubby into a light back rub! ;)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oh, I forgot...I am getting really good focus from the MacaPro---I can really tell at work. I am finishing my patients and getting things done a lot faster! Love it!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I forgot...I am getting really good focus from the MacaPro---I can really tell at work. I am finishing my patients and getting things done a lot faster! Love it!

It's because you're not texting me as much. :'(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hell yeah!!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That's great to hear :)

I've been kinda swamped at work, but I've been lurking and seeing your awesome work, keep it up! :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's because you're not texting me as much. :'(
I am too! Just not at work! Lol

hell yeah!!!!
I thought you might like that too! ;) The increase seems to be helping now that I've got my system used to it!

That's great to hear :) I've been kinda swamped at work, but I've been lurking and seeing your awesome work, keep it up! :)
Thank you Misfit! :)

I am in desperate need of a new pwo and some alphamine...stimul8 has come highly recommended and I think I might give it a go...who has the best deals?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I gave up on working out. I just come in here and read your work out, have a shake, and hit the sack. I am wore out reading all that you do Kat !! ;)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm maybe I need to be sick lol!!!!

emantest

emantest

Awards
I'm curious to see how MacaPro works during the crimson wave time of the month??

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I gave up on working out. I just come in here and read your work out, have a shake, and hit the sack. I am wore out reading all that you do Kat !! ;)
Haha you're so funny!

Hmm maybe I need to be sick lol!!!!
Lol I nah, just come get braces!

I'm curious to see how MacaPro works during the crimson wave time of the month??
Rofl!...me too!! Wasn't sure how interested you guys would be in hearing details!...so far, 1 week or so before "the wave" hits as you call it! Lol Just starting to get the usual mood change and water retention. It seem to hit a little later this time though. I usually have it a full 2 weeks before and the week of! Yes 3 pain in my a** weeks! Lol

Rest day today! I am very very sore today and very tired. I may actually rest today. I did bring my clothes to do cardio after work, just in case I can muster up the energy. I went to bed early last night and slept hard! Soaked in Epsom salt before bed to ease muscles and also to help with the water retention. I hit my macros again yesterday too! Whoop whoop! :) Have an awesome day today!