Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Power Tech has a unit I would like to try if I had the room.

Power Tech.png

I pass one of these up for $400. talk about a Rookie Move.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got in a great back, bi and shoulder workout yesterday. Felt good to move some weight around. Especially loved combining my two fav muscle groups! Haha

Today was leg day. Was looking forward to squats but a kid had the squat rack, dead platform, and a bench all taken and was still there when I left. He was mostly deadlifting too so that was freakin annoying! I almost said something to him...but I’m non-confrontational 🤣...So went with leg press and Smith machine for most of the work. Was still a good workout! Lots of Glute work!

...now onto my table. It’s coming along!
Someone is now up to 300g of carbs a day!
Let's eat

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, how do your Macro's break down ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shes 1g/lb Protein
300g of carbs
around 55g Fat

She also does a refeed day of around 500g of carbs or a free meal.
So about 2300 calories day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So about 2300 calories day.
remember she started at 1400 a few months ago.
Now with her intake almost 1000 calories more she is up only a few pounds, leaned out, and is making faster progress in the gym.

Women (and I say this for ALOT of women) in general really shortchange their metabolism and true potential.
They fall into the dogma of move more eat less and live in the comfort zone which does more harm then good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Now with her intake almost 1000 calories more she is up only a few pounds, leaned out, and is making faster progress in the gym.

Women (and I say this for ALOT of women) in general really shortchange their metabolism and true potential.
They fall into the dogma of move more eat less and live in the comfort zone which does more harm then good.
I may not be a women (any more) but I fall into this thinking

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I may not be a women (any more) but I fall into this thinking
The biggest downfall to most trainees
Do more, eat less. It runs rampant in general gyms and on social media.
This is why many people don't see their true potential and limit their caloric intake.
Once they actually figure out that doing what has been counterproductive for so long they see the grass is greener on the other side.

We had to do a lot of journaling on food sources she ate, how she felt, adjusting things to suit her digestion and GI distress
We then made sure to optimize her sleep habits and stress.
Then I just kept ramping up food (even though she hated me for doing this)
Her success and progress speak for themselves. She is doing all the hard work. I am just sitting back and letting her soak up the glory for mentally making the change to improve her well-being. Her work ethic is second to none and I can't be more proud of @love2liftkat she has the work ethic everyone dreams of. She shows up, she executes, and she makes change for the better.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I picked one up cheap during covid times since being in a gym is not appealing to me at all. Personal preference on that. I've found out it is useful for some moves but a little tricky to actually get a pump. Anyone have any experience with one and advice for getting more out of this thing???
I bought one years ago. You have to train super slow on it to get anything out of it. I also found someone that makes a power rod attachment that goes up to 510 lbs, you'll need that as well. It definitely got used over the last year......

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is why many people don't see their true potential and limit their caloric intake.
Once they actually figure out that doing what has been counterproductive for so long they see the grass is greener on the other side.

We had to do a lot of journaling on food sources she ate, how she felt, adjusting things to suit her digestion and GI distress
Her success and progress speak for themselves. She is doing all the hard work. I am just sitting back and letting her soak up the glory for mentally making the change to improve her well-being. Her work ethic is second to none and I can't be more proud of @love2liftkat she has the work ethic everyone dreams of. She shows up, she executes, and she makes change for the better.
Her work ethic is what most folks only dream about !!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I need to relearn this as well, always going so low with intake and it definitely impedes my physique.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I need to relearn this as well, always going so low with intake and it definitely impedes my physique.
Correct
The lower you keep your intake the more damage it can have on your metabolism and hormonal panel
Lower is not better. The lower you keep it the longer it can stall your progress.
Very common for people who yo-yo diet and destroy their bloodwork and also have issues raising calories.
More than likely they crush their thryoids.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Correct
The lower you keep your intake the more damage it can have on your metabolism and hormonal panel
Lower is not better. The lower you keep it the longer it can stall your progress.
Very common for people who yo-yo diet and destroy their bloodwork and also have issues raising calories.
More than likely they crush their thryoids.
Makes sense brother. I need to get my thyroid checked as I’ve been cold as hell since I started keto.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Makes sense brother. I need to get my thyroid checked as I’ve been cold as hell since I started keto.
That is a HORRIBLE sign
If this is the case I would stop Keto if you are not reacting to it well.
Don't fall into a diet fad if your body is rejecting it. You need to listen to what your body tells you and stop slaving yourself to doing X,Y,Z just because you think it will be the golden ticket.

That sounds like disaster and you are doing it even though your body is saying "no"

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That is a HORRIBLE sign
If this is the case I would stop Keto if you are not reacting to it well.
Don't fall into a diet fad if your body is rejecting it. You need to listen to what your body tells you and stop slaving yourself to doing X,Y,Z just because you think it will be the golden ticket.

That sounds like disaster and you are doing it even though your body is saying "no"
Appreciate the advice. I’ve read that’s a sign of thyroid issues. I dunno, I guess I’ll pull my head out of my ass now and get serious about my diet.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Power Tech has a unit I would like to try if I had the room.

View attachment 201591

I pass one of these up for $400. talk about a Rookie Move.
Wow! That one looks pretty neat!!

Someone is now up to 300g of carbs a day!
Let's eat
Whoop whoop!

Thank you!! Means a lot!!!! It definitely goes against everything I naturally want to do but I’m ready to hit goals and not just set them! I’m not afraid to work for it!

Her work ethic is what most folks only dream about !!
Thank you!!! I really appreciate it!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was great - flew by as usual. Finished the top of my table. Almost finished with the bottom and just got started on the chairs. Hands and knees aren’t a fan off all of this! Haha

Great workout this morning...

Bench
wu-45/75
95x5
115x5
120x5
125x4x4 sets
95x8

DB Bench
50x8x3 sets

Incline bench
95x6x3 sets

Machine flyes
100x12x3 sets

SS
Machine Dips
2pps x8 x4 sets

DB kickbacks
20x8x4 sets

Ab work throughout

Cardio

IMG_5974.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always beautiful, Kat!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back day- not much sleep last night but got in a good workout...

Started off with a good bit of rolling. My back and hips have been pretty tight especially with all of the work on the table.

Deadlifts
95x8
135x8
185x5
225x5x4 sets
*Kept it on the lighter side to avoid irritating my hips. Just wanted some good blood flow and muscle activation*

Supported TBar row
2plates x 6x4 sets

Hyperextensions
3 sets of 20

Pulldowns (various grips)
120x12x5 sets

Stretchers
100x12x3 sets

Seated cable rows
120x12x3 sets

SS
DB pullovers(lat focused)
45x12x4 sets

DB curls
20x12x4 sets

Concentration curls
25x8x3 sets

More rolling and stretching

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here’s my table...debating on more antiquing/wax on the bottom.

Before-
IMG_5608.JPG

After-
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you have stupid friends...

IMG_0656.JPG

Lol, anyway... I have not trained in a few weeks because I’ve been in the books from morning til night. Also, both my arms are pretty fucked from typing so I brought my prostate gun to work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice job on the table Kat !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sooooo damn beautiful!!!! What did you put on top of it to make it shiny?
Thank you!! Just a lot of Poly- it’s actually a satin finish but I guess with the light above it and everything- it looks pretty shiny.

When you have stupid friends...

View attachment 201723

Lol, anyway... I have not trained in a few weeks because I’ve been in the books from morning til night. Also, both my arms are pretty fucked from typing so I brought my prostate gun to work.
Wow...just wow!

Haha I actually brought mine to work too!

Nice job on the table Kat !!
Thank you!!

Sh!t....I like that too!! Educate me lol, do u sand the wood and then use a gray stain to get it like that???
Haha thanks...so, long story but here ya go...I stripped it a few times to get down pretty close to the natural wood. Then cleaned it really well with alcohol because mineral spirits actually didn’t work very well to cut through the citristain. Then I put one coat of ebony stain. Once I stripped the table, I found that they had some odd plastic type product they put to fill in parts of the top.
IMG_5615.JPG

So I went back with a black gel stain and painted streaks over those areas. Then used a lime wax over everything leaving some areas pretty thick...thin grey stain, and then several coats of a diluted ash stain over everything to help blend the white from the lime wax and the ebony together. Finished with about 4 coats of poly. (Lots of sanding throughout the whole process)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You did a great job!!!!
Just bought my wife a sander for her bday last November 🤪
Thank you!! Haha I’m sure my hubby wishes I had my own.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got in a quick workout before my early day this week...

Shoulders

DB shoulder press
25x12
35x8
40x6x4 sets

Iso lat shoulder press
55x6x4 sets

SS w/ band Facepulls
4 sets of 20

Hanging leg raises
4 sets of 15

Rear delt destroyer set
25x60, 15x30, 10x20, 5x20, band hold/pulses 25 Dropset

Face down front lateral raises
15x12, 10x15, 5x20 dropset X2 sets

Cardio

Came home and took a nap after work...I’ve been a bit more tired this week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Naps are the best !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs

Squats
95x8
135x5
165x3
185x5x4 sets

Front squats
95x8x4 sets

Good mornings
85x10x4 sets

Leg curls
100x10x5 sets

Leg press
5pps x12x5 sets

SS w/ Glute bridge
5 sets of 12

Calf press
2pps x20x3 sets

Leg extensions
130x12x4 sets

Stretching/Rolling

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to have a co-worker that did that, he would set the alarm on his phone ....
I take my burrito blanket and pillow into a dark and empty office and pass out on the floor... I can fall asleep anywhere.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I also can sleep anywhere. But the best nap I ever had was on an offshore chartered fishing trip. Went down into the cabin, they had bunks to sleep in like little cubby holes. It was cold and the motion of the ocean put me out cold. I went to another dimension for a couple of hours.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take my burrito blanket and pillow into a dark and empty office and pass out on the floor... I can fall asleep anywhere.
What is a Burrito Blanket ?

I also can sleep anywhere. But the best nap I ever had was on an offshore chartered fishing trip. Went down into the cabin, they had bunks to sleep in like little cubby holes. It was cold and the motion of the ocean put me out cold. I went to another dimension for a couple of hours.
I always sleep great when the wife and I are on a Cruise !!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is a Burrito Blanket ?

I always sleep great when the wife and I are on a Cruise !!
It’s a blanket that looks like a tortilla wrap. I got it for Christmas.

IMG_0748.JPG

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of something like this on my throat.... lol, **** corporate America.

IMG_0766.JPG

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of something like this on my throat.... lol, **** corporate America.

View attachment 201912
That would be awesome! And I feel you, **** corporate America! I love our country, but the corporatized bullshit has got to go! That’s the primary reason I’m hoping to start my own supp shop, to try and live life on my own terms. I bust my ass for someone else and make pennies on the he dollar. Sure, running your own business is probably one of the hardest things you can do as a career, but at least I will be able to either say I tried my best no matter what if it fails; and if it works, I can give my family than I can know.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That would be awesome! And I feel you, **** corporate America! I love our country, but the corporatized bullshit has got to go! That’s the primary reason I’m hoping to start my own supp shop, to try and live life on my own terms. I bust my ass for someone else and make pennies on the he dollar. Sure, running your own business is probably one of the hardest things you can do as a career, but at least I will be able to either say I tried my best no matter what if it fails; and if it works, I can give my family than I can know.
Sounds like you have a great plan going on there. Yea, I just simply hate working for others. My personality gets me in trouble a lot sooooooo..... here’s to one day being a CEO to our own ****.
Owning you own business can be a Dream Come True one day and your Biggest Nightmare the next, it is defiantly a Roller Coaster !!
I’ll gladly take that ride!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do it!!!
I have my winter appointments set, March 18th and April 30th
What are you getting done? Lmao, I’m like contemplating cuz... I don’t know. I’m lazy? Haha

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think that PowerTec machine mentioned in the thread (or something like that) may be in my future some day.
We're all going to be older, Im not a fan of gyms these days (filled w/ douches) only to get worse. Ive always had a great home gym, but as we age and feel the pains, bad joints, etc, I can see me being old (if I make it) and using something like that in my FLA condo in the old-folks resort. Im 55 this year, joints are falling apart, but I'm still foolishly pushing heavy iron. Hard to break from something ive been doing since 1978. (Knowing one day I will have to). Maybe one day I wont care about it as much, Ill get into Yoga with hot grandma's?? Who know... Great to see these gals killing in this log!