Kat and Puccah's Strong is the new sexy log

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man was it hard to get out of bed this morning! We slept with the window open and we had a cold front come in. Felt so good!

Bench
75x5
95x3
115x3
125x5x4 sets

DB bench
50x10
55x6x3 sets PR?

Incline bench
95x6x3 sets

Machine flyes
100x10x3 sets

Machine dips
2pps x10x 3 sets

SS with dB kickbacks
15x12x3 sets

Cardio 15 mins

Stretching
You have some really impressive workouts! At first I think, "That is really good 'for a woman" and then I think...what does it matter, that is really good for most guys tbh. It is just really good. Loads of work and dedication. It is impressive.

Weight is dropping again. Lol, maybe from stress, maybe from nothing. I’ve been too distracted during the day to eat. Also, the doctor gave me some meds that makes me pee more, ugh. But... it should help me lose more weight.

Surprisingly, I didn’t gain 10 lbs over the holidays or from my vacation. I’m thinking about driving across the states during Christmas. Who knowssssss.....

View attachment 199928
You are looking great! I think the social distancing has definitely helped us all avoid some unnecessary weight gain over the holidays. Unfortunately, it has spread that gain for me over the last 9 months of working from home....

I’ve been feeling pretty shitty lately. And it’s been years since I really got under the bar. I’ve been anxious and so scared because I had forgotten my own strength. After pulling out on 185, I said **** this sh*t and pushed forward. My numbers will go back up, slowly but surely. I’m fucking excited to get strong again.

Starting at the beginning again...

Box squats
45x10
95x8
115x8
135x8
145x5
185x5
205x5

SLDL
45x10
95x10
95x10
145x6
Hams are nonexistent so I wanted to burn these fuckers out

Leg Press/Calf raises
180x10
270x10
360x10
450x10

Leg Extensions
80x10
110x10
140x10
160x10
200x10

Leg Curls
60x10x2
80x10x2
110x10x2

Total time: 1 hour
This is the longest I’ve been in the gym in over 4 years.

In my personal life, I had to cut out some people. I told them that it wasn’t goodbye but that I’ll see them again someday. And in 3 years, they can address me as Doctor. Speaking things into fruition. If you know me, you’ll know that I never seek revenge, instead I bust my a** to succeed. My success is my revenge. ‍♀
Don't rush it! Strength with pain is a bad mix. Train, don't annihilate. I mean, go all out balls to the wall, but in the mindset of training for more. Your strength will come back fast...and if you let it, it will hurt you. Control the fire.. I say this because this is where I wound up :) Don't be stupid like me.

As far as revenge....the best revenge is living a good life - and I would add to that, forgiving.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve been feeling pretty shitty lately. And it’s been years since I really got under the bar. I’ve been anxious and so scared because I had forgotten my own strength. After pulling out on 185, I said **** this sh*t and pushed forward. My numbers will go back up, slowly but surely. I’m fucking excited to get strong again.

Starting at the beginning again...

Box squats
45x10
95x8
115x8
135x8
145x5
185x5
205x5

SLDL
45x10
95x10
95x10
145x6
Hams are nonexistent so I wanted to burn these fuckers out

Leg Press/Calf raises
180x10
270x10
360x10
450x10

Leg Extensions
80x10
110x10
140x10
160x10
200x10

Leg Curls
60x10x2
80x10x2
110x10x2

Total time: 1 hour
This is the longest I’ve been in the gym in over 4 years.

In my personal life, I had to cut out some people. I told them that it wasn’t goodbye but that I’ll see them again someday. And in 3 years, they can address me as Doctor. Speaking things into fruition. If you know me, you’ll know that I never seek revenge, instead I bust my a** to succeed. My success is my revenge. ♀
I knew you had it in you!! Your mind has really been doing a number on you! Im glad you pushed past that! Keep going in there and pushing past the mental holdups! Don’t overdo it and hurt yourself but challenge yourself physically and mentally! You’ve been pushing so hard in your career and education...now is the time for your health!

You have some really impressive workouts! At first I think, "That is really good 'for a woman" and then I think...what does it matter, that is really good for most guys tbh. It is just really good. Loads of work and dedication. It is impressive.

You are looking great! I think the social distancing has definitely helped us all avoid some unnecessary weight gain over the holidays. Unfortunately, it has spread that gain for me over the last 9 months of working from home....

Don't rush it! Strength with pain is a bad mix. Train, don't annihilate. I mean, go all out balls to the wall, but in the mindset of training for more. Your strength will come back fast...and if you let it, it will hurt you. Control the fire.. I say this because this is where I wound up :) Don't be stupid like me.

As far as revenge....the best revenge is living a good life - and I would add to that, forgiving.
Thank you!! Training is one of the few things I do for just me- it’s my “me time” Oddly enough, I think it’s fun! Haha

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strong Box Squats

I also wish you the best in achieving your goal, in the gym and in life !!
Thanks, Rocket! I think the passion I’ve been seeking finally kicked in last night. I screamed at myself for being soooo damn lazy about everything in my life.

Yes, she does! She’s a total inspiration.

And yes, thank you. I’m still in bed because my whole body aches but it’s a good ache. I think the goal last night was just to kick fear in the a**. I have allowed it to make me lazy in the gym. Definitely will control the fire! Take care of yourself. :)

Yes, all is forgiven, responsibilities taken, and now just moving forward and continuing to live a good life.

I remember a saying from the 70's or 80's

"Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

View attachment 200008
I wish we were back to “simpler” times.

I knew you had it in you!! Your mind has really been doing a number on you! Im glad you pushed past that! Keep going in there and pushing past the mental holdups! Don’t overdo it and hurt yourself but challenge yourself physically and mentally! You’ve been pushing so hard in your career and education...now is the time for your health!

Thank you!! Training is one of the few things I do for just me- it’s my “me time” Oddly enough, I think it’s fun! Haha
Thanks, Kat! I am forever grateful for your support. What a freaking roller coaster ride it has been on this crazy journey of ours. I’m glad to be sitting next to you all the way. ♀♀

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, Rocket! I think the passion I’ve been seeking finally kicked in last night. I screamed at myself for being soooo damn lazy about everything in my life.

Yes, she does! She’s a total inspiration.

And yes, thank you. I’m still in bed because my whole body aches but it’s a good ache. I think the goal last night was just to kick fear in the a**. I have allowed it to make me lazy in the gym. Definitely will control the fire! Take care of yourself. :)

Yes, all is forgiven, responsibilities taken, and now just moving forward and continuing to live a good life.

I wish we were back to “simpler” times.

Thanks, Kat! I am forever grateful for your support. What a freaking roller coaster ride it has been on this crazy journey of ours. I’m glad to be sitting next to you all the way. ♀♀
Me too girl!!!! It has been quite the journey, that’s for sure!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has just been busy. I trained shoulders and abs last Thursday, back, bi’s, and more abs on Friday. Chest yesterday, and back again today. (Getting back to my usual schedule.) Cardio was done all 4 of those days. Increasing calories again. Up to 2225 now. I won’t bore you with typing out of my workouts - just start back with today’s

Conv. Deadlifts
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x3x4 sets
** felt heavy this morning- probably bc I’m still a bit tight from Friday and we moved furniture over the weekend.

Banded pull-ups
4 sets of 10
**band broke on last set so I finished with negatives.

SS with hanging leg raises
4 sets of 15

Supported TBar row
2 plates 4 sets of 6

SS w dB curls
25x10

Handle bar pulldowns
85x15 hold/squeeze @ bottom/slow
100x12
120x10x2
100x12
First time using this handle so was playing with weight and really squeezing lats.

Seated plate loaded rows
2pps x 12
115 per side x10 x2 sets

Machine high bicep curls
40x8
30x12x2

Cardio-15 mins walking

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Don’t be surprised to be at 2500 daily shortly into 2021
That’s 1100 up and barley moved a pound

magic 🤔

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

magic 🤔

Sounds like you are getting her dialed in! Maybe I should hire you?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

magic
Pretty dang crazy tbh! Haha I would have NEVER guessed my body would respond this way!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had this pic pop up on the left as a memory today...I’d say there’s been some good progress made- even if I did gain some fat in the process. The memory says it was 5 years ago but I think it was well before that.
022CAA25-7861-4608-A0AD-EB30C3DF82AA.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had this pic pop up on the left as a memory today...I’d say there’s been some good progress made- even if I did gain some fat in the process. The memory says it was 5 years ago but I think it was well before that.
View attachment 200150
You look amazing in both pics, Kat! Love seeing your progress!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here’s Thursday’s workout...

Shoulders

Iso Plate loaded shoulder press
Wu 25ps x12
45ps x10
55ps x5x4 sets

Seated DB shoulder press
35x8x3 sets

SS w band over and backs/pull-aparts

Machine reverse flyes
85x15x4 sets

SS with plate front and lateral raises
5x20

Rear delt destroyer set
25x60, 15x30, 10x15, 5x20, band pulses dropset

Face down front lateral raises
15x15, 10x15, 5x20 dropset x2 sets

Ab work SS throughout

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Friday- legs

Squats
Wu with bw squats and hip circle work
95x5
135x5
185x3
205x3x4 sets
135x12 slow w/ bottom hold

Good mornings
65x12x4 sets

Tri set
Kneeling squats
225x12x4 sets

Glute bridge
4 sets of 12

Lateral squat walks w hip circle
4 sets of 12 each way

Leg press
5pps x12x4 sets

Leg curls
100x12x3 sets

Leg extensions
130x15x3 sets

Stretching

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn Kat you gained a lot of muscle mass. Looking strong as fuk
Thank you so much! I had really not realized the difference. I don’t look back at those pictures bc I get caught up in the scale and feeling like a fat a**-forget to look at the positives of the progress that I have made and not just focus on what I haven’t achieved yet. The mind can really screw with you!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you so much! I had really not realized the difference. I don’t look back at those pictures bc I get caught up in the scale and feeling like a fat a**-forget to look at the positives of the progress that I have made and not just focus on what I haven’t achieved yet. The mind can really screw with you!!
Im in a cut right now and I’m 1lb away from my target weight and realized I still have 20 lbs to go probably. I look in the mirror and I see my imperfections and not the progress that I made. Our minds can **** with ourselves worse than reality

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday...counting down to Christmas!! It’s my most favorite time of the year-even with the extra chaos we create.

Hammies were crazy sore this weekend from the good mornings. Just now starting to loosen back up. Love it!!

Great workout this morning. Gym has been busier over the past few weeks.

Bench
75x5
95x3
115x3
125x3
135x3x3 sets

DB Bench
55x7x3 sets
55x6(couldn’t make it to 7 haha)

Incline bench
105x5x3 sets

Machine flyes
100x12
115x8x2 sets

SS:
Plate loaded dip machine
2pps x12x3 sets

DB front/side lateral raises
10x12x3 sets

SS:
Cable crunches
72.5x15x4 sets

Tri push down
57.5x12x4 sets

Hanging leg raises
4 sets of 12-15

Stretching

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im in a cut right now and I’m 1lb away from my target weight and realized I still have 20 lbs to go probably. I look in the mirror and I see my imperfections and not the progress that I made. Our minds can **** with ourselves worse than reality
No joke!! It’s bad! Congrats on being so close to your goal! Do you have a log? I’d love to follow!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh.... man. I did this the other day and called my sister crying. “I look like sh*t, I can’t believe I had the audacity to think I was looking better. I’ll never find someone who will love me for me.” Blah.... fcuking blahhhhh.....

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No joke!! It’s bad! Congrats on being so close to your goal! Do you have a log? I’d love to follow!
No log atm. But ya it was close but my new goal is 205 now. I’m probably around 18% bf now and tying to get to 11-12%. I’ve always had a hard time cutting so I’m super happy where I’m at but I’m not happy lol

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh.... man. I did this the other day and called my sister crying. “I look like sh*t, I can’t believe I had the audacity to think I was looking better. I’ll never find someone who will love me for me.” Blah.... fcuking blahhhhh.....
I say that ish all the time but get compliments on my physique. We all set unrealistic goals for ourselves, just can’t give up.
I also study mandarin and I’m Puerto Rican and Italian. Don’t have many people up speak with but I still study daily and try to talk whenever I can ex. Chinese takeout and so on. Just can’t give up since it’s so easy too.
It’s easy to order take out everyday and watch tv instead of working out your soy or mind.

Last edited:
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say that ish all the time but get compliments on my physique. We all set unrealistic goals for ourselves, just can’t give up.
I also study mandarin and I’m Puerto Rican and Italian. Don’t have many people up speak with but I still study daily and try to talk whenever I can ex. Chinese takeout and so on. Just can’t give up since it’s so easy too.
It’s easy to order take out everyday and watch tv instead of working out your soy or mind.
That’s good! Mandarin is hard to learn! Never give up. Lol, i don’t think we fully ever give up, priorities just change a bit and things get moved around. Right now I have to study for my HR certificate, but I’ve been so unmotivated then it’s like I have to train, too, but my anxiety freaks me out. There’s so much going on and it’s all in my head...

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s good! Mandarin is hard to learn! Never give up. Lol, i don’t think we fully ever give up, priorities just change a bit and things get moved around. Right now I have to study for my HR certificate, but I’ve been so unmotivated then it’s like I have to train, too, but my anxiety freaks me out. There’s so much going on and it’s all in my head...
We get into our own heads it’s horrible. At times I don’t want to pick up my study materials and be like it’s too hard, I’ll never be fluent. I the same with the gym and everything else in life. But not giving up and seeing your progress is worth it. Just gotta keep looking at the past and see how far you come. Then look into the future and realize how far you will go.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We get into our own heads it’s horrible. At times I don’t want to pick up my study materials and be like it’s too hard, I’ll never be fluent. I the same with the gym and everything else in life. But not giving up and seeing your progress is worth it. Just gotta keep looking at the past and see how far you come. Then look into the future and realize how far you will go.
Yes, definitely. Can I ask why you are learning mandarin?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always loved Chinese people, culture, language, food and history. Traveled throughout 7 provinces so far and can’t wait to go back.
I hope to go to Asia this summer but who knows..... Definitely going to South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, and Thailand in 2022.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
and my biggest hope in life is that I can go out for Mexican Food soon...............

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No log atm. But ya it was close but my new goal is 205 now. I’m probably around 18% bf now and tying to get to 11-12%. I’ve always had a hard time cutting so I’m super happy where I’m at but I’m not happy lol
Haha I completely understand! Cutting has always been super difficult for me too! Sounds like you’re rocking it though!!

and my biggest hope in life is that I can go out for Mexican Food soon...............
Bahahah me too!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Apparently everyone in town decided it was a good day to go to the gym early and train back. Lots of bouncing around trying to find equipment to use today.

Single arm lat pulldown
(Iso high lat pull seated sideways)
45x15
70x10x3 sets

Deadlifts
135x5
185x5
225x3
255x3
265x2
255x3
225x5

Single DB row
75x8x4 sets

SS
Seated machine row(supported)
2pps x12x4 sets

Kneeling cable lat pulldowns
42.5x12x4sets
(Done with 2 cables and rotating palms inward)

SS
Wide grip pulldowns
120x12x3 sets

Straight arm pulldowns
50x12x3 sets

DB curls
20x15x3 sets

Ab work throughout.

I think that was about it. I felt a bit scattered trying to figure out what equipment was available. Lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I worked out at your gym and saw you coming, I would just get out of your way !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Funny story I forgot to tell a few weeks back...I was doing pull-ups in the center of the big cable station. Typically, I use risers and a plate on top, to be able to reach the handles. This gym only had the big aerobic steps. So I stacked 2 together. I made it through 3 sets fine...

Now, you have to get a good picture in your head for full effect...

Picture this...Set #4, I was using a band and wrist straps. Halfway through my reps, the top step flipped over onto the floor. I finished my reps and just hung there for a second contemplating how I was going to get down...I was a good foot away from touching anything. So, I swung from one side to the other releasing my straps one by one...then kicked off the band...finally was able to jump down to the bottom step. I bet it was quite a show! 🤣

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Shoulders today

Was waiting on bar to be available...

Seated DB press
25x10
35x6x2 sets
**everything was stiff and hurting lol

Push press
75x5
95x5
115x3x3 sets

SS w plate lateral raises and band over/backs
just to get the blood flowing well

Klokov press
45x10x3 sets

Seated DB press
35x8-10x4 sets

SS w band pull aparts

Machine reverse flyes
85x12x3 sets

Rear delt destroyer set
25x50, 15x20, 10x15, 5x20- dropset

Face down front lateral raises
15x15, 10x20, 5x20 Dropset (x2)

Shoulders were dead- could barely move for a bit! Lol

Ab/mobility work & cardio

IMG_4767.JPG

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sweat angels on the mats are sign of a good workout-especially through a hoodie! Haha

Leg day

Squats
Wu with bar & hip circle
95x5
135x3
165x3
195x3
215x1- felt like a million lbs on my back. Was going for 3.
195x3x3 sets
135x10 pause squats

Good mornings
75x10x3 sets

Threw in a few sets of pull-ups with good mornings

Leg press SS w/ Glute bridge
5pps x12
6pps x10x2 sets
6pps x10, 5pps x 10, 4pps x12, 3pps x 15, 2pps bottom partials to failure

Calf press
3pps x15x3 sets

Glute cable kickbacks