love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another great workout today! Deadlifts felt so good, I decided to push past 245 and got 255x3 for 2 sets and last set was just 1 rep with hold/squeeze at top. Went up on most of my other lifts as well. Left happy and exhausted! Haha

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy Monday! It was a busy but good weekend. Worked at a friends property this weekend with some projects. My task was staining a wood rack. My knees aren’t a fan of me crawling around on concrete. Luckily, there’s no leg day this week because we are going on our annual camping trip️ So they’ll get to rest a week. I’ll be able to hit everything else though. Will likely do some hiking but we will see...Camping in a different place this year so will have to find things to do! I know I’ll be taking naps in my hammock! Haha

Workout this morning was amazing! I struggled getting out of bed and getting going but once I got to the gym, all was good! Working sets of 125x4 on bench today. I had a spot last week when I got 5 but no spotters today. I would have had at least 1 if not 2 more if I had a spotter. I was pretty stoked! Sets of 8 on incline, 12-15 on cable Flyes and then superset some tricep and shoulder work. Finished with leg raises and cardio. Just feeling good all around. I know I’m not really dropping weight but I feel things tightening up and can see muscles trying to peak through! Grateful things are going well with this reverse dieting!

View attachment 198645
You look awesome as always, Kat! Love seeing your face and hard work!!!! ♂

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hardest Working Girl In The Iron Game!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My ENTIRE upper body hurts! Haha A good sore but definitely made for a challenging workout this morning. Wednesday’s are usually a rest day for me but I wanted to squeeze in as much training as possible before we go camping. Only did 2 sets of push press- back was cramping up on me. It actually cramped up in my sleep a couple of times too. Stuck with less compound movements and seemed to be ok.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Camping trip was great!! We hit all 4 seasons with the weather but it was beautiful! Not as much hiking and walking this year. Working on catching up on my sleep. Might take me until next week but good times are worth the sacrifice!

Great workout this morning! Energy despite the lack of sleep is really good. I would say my body has really been enjoying the calories! Overall my energy has just been so much better than it has been for years!!!

Bench
Wu from 45-115
125x5
130x3x2sets
130x2
Really was hoping to it 130x4 or 5 but 3 was all I had. Switched to DB bench

DB bench
50x8x3 sets

Incline bench
95x6x3

Machine flyes
115x8x2
100x12

Superset

HS dip machine
2 plates per side x12 x 3 sets

DB side lateral raises
10x15

Superset

Iso lat shoulder press machine
1 plate per side x 8

Plate Front/side lateral raises
5x15

Overhead Cable extension and push down finisher
42.5x15/42.5 to failure

That was it for the day. Out of time bc I left a little later this morning telling my sis goodbye.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You will hit that bench next time, I'm sure!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back day! Workout was great! Took a minute to convince my body it was go time but overall good focus and energy.

Conv Deadlifts
Work-up 45-225
245x3x3 sets

Pullups
(With small band)
9 with hold (video)
7 with hold

Supported T-Bar Rows
90x8x4 sets

Superset:

Pulldowns
120x10x2
100x12x2

High Cable pulls
57.2x10x3 sets

Front lat pulldown machine
80x12x2 sets

Superset:
Lying DB pullover
(lat focus)
40x15

DB curls
25x10x2
20x15x2

Machine bicep curl
30x8x2

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That Video shows just how strong you are girl, impressive !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Biggest mistakes I see in the video
You just let your body drop there is no control in the negative . The negative is where the muscle is under most tension. I would say use a band and get used to doing things with a correct tempo. Squeeze at the top, pause at the bottom and train the muscle from a fully stretched position.
It’s hard to tell from the video but try to push down and back on your shoulders and keep the forearms relaxed so you don’t let overlapping body parts take over when performing the motion.

don’t be in a race to compete sets and reps. I rather you slow down and execute properly.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Biggest mistakes I see in the video
You just let your body drop there is no control in the negative . The negative is where the muscle is under most tension. I would say use a band and get used to doing things with a correct tempo. Squeeze at the top, pause at the bottom and train the muscle from a fully stretched position.
It’s hard to tell from the video but try to push down and back on your shoulders and keep the forearms relaxed so you don’t let overlapping body parts take over when performing the motion.

don’t be in a race to compete sets and reps. I rather you slow down and execute properly.
I definitely didn’t control the negative enough. As for the relaxed forearms, I’m not sure I know what you mean. I pull my scapulas back to keep from pulling with my arms and focus on just my back. I worked in 2 sets of slow/controlled pull-ups today.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I definitely didn’t control the negative enough. As for the relaxed forearms, I’m not sure I know what you mean. I pull my scapulas back to keep from pulling with my arms and focus on just my back. I worked in 2 sets of slow/controlled pull-ups today.
Is your forearm tense or relaxed.
If they are tense you need to let them relax, or else it will carry over and take away from engaging the back muscles.
Just like if you make a fist with your arm what happens? your arm and forearm tenses.
If you flex your quad, what happens? You tense your quad.
You want to have your arms as relaxed as possible and focus on pure elbow drive.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is your forearm tense or relaxed.
If they are tense you need to let them relax, or else it will carry over and take away from engaging the back muscles.
Just like if you make a fist with your arm what happens? your arm and forearm tenses.
If you flex your quad, what happens? You tense your quad.
You want to have your arms as relaxed as possible and focus on pure elbow drive.
Hmmm May be a dumb question but how do you hold yourself on the bar without engaging your fist and forearms?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hmmm May be a dumb question but how do you hold yourself on the bar without engaging your fist and forearms?
You want to relax your forearms as much as possible when executing back movements. Squeezing your forearms takes away from engaging the back properly. You should not be squeezing the rope, bar or handles when performing back movements. Think of your hands like hooks, and letting the elbows do all the work.

This is a good article that can help with pull-ups

Last edited:
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Thursday all...great workout today!

Shoulder push press
Wu 45/75
95x6
105x5x3

2 sets of 8 slow pull-ups with band

Superset

DB shoulder press
30x10
35x8
40x6x3

Seated lateral raises
10x10x5

Machine reverse flyes
100x12x3

Machine lateral raises
40x12x2
40x10

Rear delt destroyers
25x50, 15x30, 10x15, 5x15, band hold/pulse to failure(Dropset)

Facedown front lateral raises
15x12, 10x15, 5x15 Dropset (x2)

Finished with Ab work & cardio

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are TOTALLY missing the point.
You want to relax your forearms as much as possible when executing back movements. Squeezing your forearms takes away from engaging the back properly. You should not be squeezing the rope, bar or handles when performing back movements. Think of your hands like hooks, and letting the elbows do all the work.

This is a good article that can help with pull-ups
Ok thanks

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do this by using a thumbless grip

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
kat and puccah, you two are great for this forum, we are blessed to have you here!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yay for Friday!! First leg day in 2 weeks and it wore me OUT!! I like training in a hoodie but the gym I went to today doesn’t keep the ac running much so I’m sure that was a big part of why I got so tired! I ended up taking it off about 2/3rds of the way through.

Squats
Work up 45-185
195x3x4 sets
185x5
135x8
95x10
**last 2 sets were super slow with hold at the bottom.
195 felt heavy but form felt better than it has on the heavier sets since starting back.

Superset

Leg press
480x12
570x12
660x12
660x12, 570x12, 480x12, 390x12, 300x12
(Dropset)

Single leg DB deadlifts
45x10x4 sets

Calf press
390x20x3 sets

Leg curls
110x12x3 sets

BB hip thrusts
225x12x3 sets

Superset w/ hip circle lateral squat walks

Leg extensions
130x12x3 sets
130x12, 100x12, 70-to failure (dropset)

Adduction machine
130x20x2 sets

Finished with about 10 minutes of stretching/yoga. It’s been too long since I stretched! Helped with the walking afterwards too.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
stretching is a good thing at your age...it becomes a necessity as you get older, imo.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
stretching is a good thing at your age...it becomes a necessity as you get older, imo.
I agree!! Sometimes I do well taking the time to stretch but I can always tell when I don’t and everything hurts! Lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never stretch and I should !!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, it’s been forever since I’ve squatted. 145 feels like 1000 lbs on my back, but I’m pretty excited to get under the bar again.

Lmao, I don’t know if my a** hurts from squatting or if it’s because I decided to fall down the stairs tonight (lol, never put lotion on then run down the stairs).

I am down 4 more lbs, but have been craving carbs. Blah... 13 lbs from my goal weight. ♀

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep working toward that goal and you will be there in no time. Now about that butt .......................

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man, it’s been forever since I’ve squatted. 145 feels like 1000 lbs on my back, but I’m pretty excited to get under the bar again.

Lmao, I don’t know if my a** hurts from squatting or if it’s because I decided to fall down the stairs tonight (lol, never put lotion on then run down the stairs).

I am down 4 more lbs, but have been craving carbs. Blah... 13 lbs from my goal weight. ♀
Getting 145 for the first time squatting is huge!!! You’ll be hitting big numbers in no time! Congrats on the weight loss too!! You’re killing it!!!

Falling down the stairs sucks! I did that on just a few steps and hurt for over a week! Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I am down 4 more lbs, but have been craving carbs. Blah... 13 lbs from my goal weight. ‍♀
lesson learned-the hard way :geek:...13lbs is nothing but best advice is don't rush it-you will get there!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep working toward that goal and you will be there in no time. Now about that butt .......................
Haha, I’m super sore today! But I won’t skip the gym. I’ll go in about an hour!

Getting 145 for the first time squatting is huge!!! You’ll be hitting big numbers in no time! Congrats on the weight loss too!! You’re killing it!!!
Falling down the stairs sucks! I did that on just a few steps and hurt for over a week! Lol
Thanks, Kat! So glad to be on this journey with you! Can’t wait for 145 to feel like nothing. Lol, twinnnnns! My a** totally hurts.

lesson learned-the hard way :geek:...13lbs is nothing but best advice is don't rush it-you will get there!!!
Yes, definitely! Part of my motivation was to get off all these stupid meds. I am almost there! I was pissed off about having such a high deductible, thinking I couldn’t fix it, then I realized I can help myself by getting healthy and not rely on it!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A bit late updating...had a great weekend with the family. Daughter and her dog came to spend the weekend with Hubby for his bday. Had sushi to celebrate on Saturday. 🤤 I don’t think I’ve had sushi since the whole shutdown last March. Our fav place just reopened.

Monday’s training...

Bench
45-115 working up
125x5x3 sets WOOHOO!!
125x4
95x10 slow with bottom pause

Incline bench
95x6x3 sets

Machine flyes
100x12x3 sets

Assisted Dip machine
3 sets of 10

Triset:
Plate loaded seated dip machine
2 plates per side x10x2 sets

DB kickbacks
20x12

DB lateral raises
15x12

Cardio

Super excited to hit 125x5 pretty sure it’s a rep PR. Felt great!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today’s training...deadlifts were a bit challenging because my legs are still pretty sore from Friday. Once I got the blood flowing it wasn’t too bad.

Deads
45-185
225x5
245x3
255x1x3 sets **current high**
225x5x2 sets

BB row
95x10x3 sets

Supported tbar rows
80x10
90x8x2 sets

Wide grip pulldowns
120x12x4 sets
100x12 with bottom holds

DB row
75x6x2 sets

Cardio

Short and sweet

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today’s training...deadlifts were a bit challenging because my legs are still pretty sore from Friday. Once I got the blood flowing it wasn’t too bad.

Deads
45-185
225x5
245x3
255x1x3 sets **current high**
225x5x2 sets

BB row
95x10x3 sets

Supported tbar rows
80x10
90x8x2 sets

Wide grip pulldowns
120x12x4 sets
100x12 with bottom holds

DB row
75x6x2 sets

Cardio

Short and sweet
I don't think you have ever done a short, workout !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So glad to be done with work for the week! Workout was good this morning but I will say it’s funny how working out at the gym I don’t care for can make me ill. Haha I prefer to train at my old gym- which I’m able to do when I work on that side of town...but one of the offices I work at, is basically in the wrong direction. Anyways...put my frustration/irritation into my workout.

Tri set

HS Plate loaded ISO shoulder press
35x12
45x10
55x10x4 sets

Pull-ups
4 sets of 8
(Light band w/ slow negatives)

Band Facepulls
4 sets of 12

Machine lateral raises
35x12x4 sets

Superset
Face down front/side lateral raises
15x12, 10x15, 5x20 dropset X 2 sets

DB curls
20x12x2 sets

Machine reverse flyes
85x12x4 sets

Superset

Double Cable curls
25x12x3 sets

Cable crunches
90x12x3 sets

In and out in about 35 mins. Thankfully these work days usually fall on my rest days.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Leg days are just flat out hard!!

15 mins on stationary bike

Squats
165x3
185x3
195x3
205x1 x 2 sets
195x3
135x8 -slow negative and bottom hold
95x12 -slow negative and bottom hold

Glute Ham Raises sets of 12 - Superset throughout squats and leg press - not sure how many sets I did.

Leg press
553x12
643x12
693x10
693x10, 643x10, 553x12, 463x15, 373x20- dropset

Calf press
373x15x 3 sets

Walking lunges

Glute cable kickbacks
4 sets of 25x12

Seated leg curls
100x10x3 sets

Single Leg extensions
60x10x4 sets

Adductor machine
130x15x2
**I typically think these machines are a waste of time but I have been working them in along with some other pelvic exercises to make sure things are healed and strong- so to speak- since my surgery.

5FB57A88-32A4-4E23-A211-89A82B6CF723.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Leg days are just flat out hard!!

If they were easy you would see more great legs, keep kill'in it Kat !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On my way to Keeping America Great aka drop off my ballot! Hope you all had a nice Halloween!!

exif_temp_image.jpg

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Monday training -
pretty busy this morning - went with dumbbell bench

DB Bench
35x8
45x8
50x8x4 sets

Incline bb bench
95x6x4 sets

Machine flyes
100x12x3 sets

Machine plate loaded dips
2 plates per side
4 sets of 12 reps

Cable overhead extensions
42.5x15x3 sets

Cable crunches
75x15x3 sets

Hanging leg raises
3 sets of 12-15

Farmer carries
50x ? 3 laps on fake grassy area repeat 3 x’s

15 mins cardio.

Felt strong but mood was “meh” one of those days I just wanted the gym to myself lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Having the gym to yourself is very nice!