love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
beautiful dog...reminded me of my sid....almost brought a tear to my eye.
Aww .... thank you! He is a sweet mess! He’s only 6 months so FULL of endless energy!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great pics, Kat!!!! Your puppy is so big and beautiful!!!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here’s 186 lbs of Asian. I found a small gym with the basic stuff that’s still opened around town, so I am back at it again.

Got some blood work done and yea, it’s not good. Yo-yo dieting has totally F’ed me up, but I am on the road to healing my body inside and out. I will be starting a new diet and workout program that’s tailored to my needs.

I have decided to put off my doctorate program until next year, so I can fully focus on getting healthy. School took so much of my life for the past 8 years, that I let myself spiral out of control.

Here’s to no excuses and an amazing rest of 2020.

Oh yea, heading out to Hawaii in November, too! Haha. Gotta enjoy life in the meantime.

IMG_8332.JPG

(Excuse my baseboards, we are remodeling) 🤢🤮

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here’s 186 lbs of Asian. I found a small gym with the basic stuff that’s still opened around town, so I am back at it again.

Got some blood work done and yea, it’s not good. Yo-yo dieting has totally F’ed me up, but I am on the road to healing my body inside and out. I will be starting a new diet and workout program that’s tailored to my needs.

I have decided to put off my doctorate program until next year, so I can fully focus on getting healthy. School took so much of my life for the past 8 years, that I let myself spiral out of control.

Oh yea, heading out to Hawaii in November, too! Haha. Gotta enjoy life in the meantime.

View attachment 197911

you go girl!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great pics, Kat!!!! Your puppy is so big and beautiful!!!!!!
Thank you! He has gotten big!

View attachment 197911

You look so cute in your jeans!! So excited for your new journey to better health! I’m glad you’re taking some time to focus on you! You’ve had so much on your plate and it’s time to take care of yourself! Cheers to new goals in 2020! 🥂

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you go girl!!!
Thanks, bigt! FYI, my sis was like your shirt is trash.

Thank you! He has gotten big!

You look so cute in your jeans!! So excited for your new journey to better health! I’m glad you’re taking some time to focus on you! You’ve had so much on your plate and it’s time to take care of yourself! Cheers to new goals in 2020! 🥂
Thanks, Kat!!! I’m so happy to take this journey with you! Yes, cheers to an amazing rest of 2020 and going into 2021 with a bang! ♂

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Thanks, Kat!!! I’m so happy to take this journey with you! Yes, cheers to an amazing rest of 2020 and going into 2021 with a bang! ‍♂
personally i thank you for wearing it!!!

GO AMERICA

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 197911

My wife and I were going to Hawaii in November but since they’re in the visitor quarantine we changed the trip to February. I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe Bay. It’s now called Marine Corps Base Hawaii.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife and I were going to Hawaii in November but since they’re in the visitor quarantine we changed the trip to February. I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe Bay. It’s now called Marine Corps Base Hawaii.
I’m going to Kona this time. I’ve been to Oahu 3x and did not like it. I’m going to go fish and hike. Get away from the crowds! I believe they lifted the quarantine and all you need is a Covid test 3 days before.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thanks, Kat!!! I’m so happy to take this journey with you! Yes, cheers to an amazing rest of 2020 and going into 2021 with a bang! ♂
Yessss!!!! I like your shirt too! What does it say on the bottom?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m going to Kona this time. I’ve been to Oahu 3x and did not like it. I’m going to go fish and hike. Get away from the crowds! I believe they lifted the quarantine and all you need is a Covid test 3 days before.
Yeah Oahu has gotten bad over the years. I was there 92-95. Was much better then. Maui and Kauai are awesome as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today’s workout went well...back has been tight for some reason so Deads were a bit more challenging than I wanted them to be. I think it’s about time to go see a chiropractor!
Worked up to 245x3 for 3 sets but had everything set up on a plate so it was more of a rack pull I guess! Rest of the workout was great though! Feeling good overall!
3F1853D5-37A6-49E0-A22A-28BD4AECF20C.jpg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today’s workout went well...back has been tight for some reason so Deads were a bit more challenging than I wanted them to be. I think it’s about time to go see a chiropractor!
Worked up to 245x3 for 3 sets but had everything set up on a plate so it was more of a rack pull I guess! Rest of the workout was great though! Feeling good overall!
View attachment 197917
looks like you are fully recovered from cold/flu!!! (y)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 197917
You look awesome, Kat!!!! Those plates are going up!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kat, I wish we lived closer. I’ve been binge watching the British Baking Show and a chocolate cake would be absolutely delicious right now!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kat, I wish we lived closer. I’ve been binge watching the British Baking Show and a chocolate cake would be absolutely delicious right now!
Haha I actually just finished baking 150 cupcakes for a wedding this weekend! I do wish you lived closer and we could train together!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely brutal leg workout today but I loved it! Decided to warm my knees/legs up a bit on the bike. Nothing intense simply getting the blood flowing. Squats-worked to 3 sets of 185x3. I am so ready to get 2 plates on there but I am happy that I’m getting stronger. Finished squats with some pause/hold sets and then a high rep set. Definitely a quad focus for the day with some heavy leg press sets and a big dropset. I ended up calling it quits before doing all I had planned just because I was absolutely wiped out! Had a big order of cupcakes to finish for a wedding this weekend when I got home...anyways, I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday! A bit late updating. It was a busy day! Workout was awesome this morning! Working sets of bench were 125x3, 120x5x3. Everything felt really good! Always feels good when it hurts to even carry your gym bag your muscles hurt so much! Haha

Having to force the food- I am not hungry at all but staying focused and getting it in. Sleep has been hit or miss lately too-not sure what’s going on there. Thankfully last night was pretty good and I even took a nap yesterday. (Sunday afternoon naps are pretty much required in my book )

C5E0FC9D-15AA-4909-9329-C522671D0B83.jpg

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy Monday! A bit late updating. It was a busy day! Workout was awesome this morning! Working sets of bench were 125x3, 120x5x3. Everything felt really good! Always feels good when it hurts to even carry your gym bag your muscles hurt so much! Haha

Having to force the food- I am not hungry at all but staying focused and getting it in. Sleep has been hit or miss lately too-not sure what’s going on there. Thankfully last night was pretty good and I even took a nap yesterday. (Sunday afternoon naps are pretty much required in my book )

View attachment 198167
You look great, Kat! Jealous of your bummm!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 198167
You look great, Kat! Jealous of your bummm!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sunday afternoon naps are the best !!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look at this awesomeness...this is one of our favorite meals lately! We have it almost every week.
Adjustments.JPG

I’m learning my daughter is pretty spoiled with the food we typically eat- she refuses to eat in the cafe at her college! Guess having a chef for a dad makes college life hard! 🤣 Thankfully, she knows how to cook a decent amount of foods!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look at this awesomeness...this is one of our favorite meals lately! We have it almost every week.
View attachment 198201

I’m learning my daughter is pretty spoiled with the food we typically eat- she refuses to eat in the cafe at her college! Guess having a chef for a dad makes college life hard! 🤣 Thankfully, she knows how to cook a decent amount of foods!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That looks awesome, Blacken Salmon is one of my favorite meals, and those cut up potato's in the air fryer............

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That looks awesome, Blacken Salmon is one of my favorite meals, and those cut up potato's in the air fryer............
Mine too! I haven’t tried the potatoes in the air fryer though. Just roast them in the oven.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mine too! I haven’t tried the potatoes in the air fryer though. Just roast them in the oven.
My wife lightly coats them with olive oil, garlic & onion powder than puts them in the air fryer, they are so good !!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 198201

Looks so delicious. Lmao, my ex cooked salmon for 2 hours in the oven once, and when I asked him why, he said, “because it’s still pink.” 🤦🏽‍♀️

Cafeteria food is gross! When I use to run late for school and had to get a quick meal, it was always.... blah. Soooo greasy!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks so delicious. Lmao, my ex cooked salmon for 2 hours in the oven once, and when I asked him why, he said, “because it’s still pink.” 🤦🏽‍♀️

Cafeteria food is gross! When I use to run late for school and had to get a quick meal, it was always.... blah. Soooo greasy!
2 hours? Oh my!! That’s rough! Haha Sounds like something I would have done when I first started cooking! Haha

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was fantastic! Our daughter, her dog, and one of her roommates came home. We spent a good bit of time down at the lake letting her dog swim. That was a lot of fun playing catch with him. Son was the boy one brave(Or crazy) enough to get into the water.

As for training - all is well...today I worked up to working sets of 125x5 on bench today! Pretty stoked on this one. Had a spotter today and that really makes a difference knowing someone is there to keep you from getting pinned. Not to mention getting a liftoff helps a ton as well! Felt good! The work day was a bit stressful but par for the course of working with 9 other women. I did get a promotion of sorts though so very thankful for that!

As for nutrition- still in the track of increasing calories. Today goal is up to 1950...currently working to hit it but thankful weight is maintaining-I May even be loosing a little -inches wise.

Side note- has anyone tried the Build Fast Formula protein? I tried it for the first time this morning and it seems very grainy? Probably because I don’t like having to drink the full 8oz of water/milk. ?? I mixed 2.5 scoops in about 13 oz of water/almond milk mix.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...every woman i've ever know has said they would much rather work with men than other women....just sayin :geek:

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol...every woman i've ever know has said they would much rather work with men than other women....just sayin :geek:
Yeah I can totally understand that! Pretty much all of my friends are guys. Especially growing up. I just don’t deal well with drama! I simply just walk away!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was fantastic! Our daughter, her dog, and one of her roommates came home. We spent a good bit of time down at the lake letting her dog swim. That was a lot of fun playing catch with him. Son was the boy one brave(Or crazy) enough to get into the water.

As for training - all is well...today I worked up to working sets of 125x5 on bench today! Pretty stoked on this one. Had a spotter today and that really makes a difference knowing someone is there to keep you from getting pinned. Not to mention getting a liftoff helps a ton as well! Felt good! The work day was a bit stressful but par for the course of working with 9 other women. I did get a promotion of sorts though so very thankful for that!

As for nutrition- still in the track of increasing calories. Today goal is up to 1950...currently working to hit it but thankful weight is maintaining-I May even be loosing a little -inches wise.

Side note- has anyone tried the Build Fast Formula protein? I tried it for the first time this morning and it seems very grainy? Probably because I don’t like having to drink the full 8oz of water/milk. ?? I mixed 2.5 scoops in about 13 oz of water/almond milk mix.
BFF Is 80% Casein. That is why it is very thick
2 scoops in 13oz are too little liquid. You will need a good 16-20oz for 2 scoops.
Try making a pudding with it
1 scoop with just enough powder to make a sludge. Will be the best way to use it because it will be VERY thick due to being mostly casein.

If you are use to thin proteins (isolate) this will be much thicker.
Increase the liquid to 8-10oz per scoop if you want a shake

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I can totally understand that! Pretty much all of my friends are guys. Especially growing up. I just don’t deal well with drama! I simply just walk away!
lol...good for you!!! (y)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BFF Is 80% Casein. That is why it is very thick
2 scoops in 13oz are too little liquid. You will need a good 16-20oz for 2 scoops.
Try making a pudding with it
1 scoop with just enough powder to make a sludge. Will be the best way to use it because it will be VERY thick due to being mostly casein.

If you are use to thin proteins (isolate) this will be much thicker.
Increase the liquid to 8-10oz per scoop if you want a shake

Ok thanks! I’ll try that! I knew it would be thick but the graininess just made it rough. I’m sure diluting it will help that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok thanks! I’ll try that! I knew it would be thick but the graininess just made it rough. I’m sure diluting it will help that.
Anything that is mostly casein will be very thick.
Try the pudding (You can even put in little Tupperware containers and take with you on the go)
Easy and portable. Plus pudding rules you can top with cereal, fruit, etc. It is literally 99% of the way I use protein besides a shake for reviews.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anything that is mostly casein will be very thick.
Try the pudding (You can even put in little Tupperware containers and take with you on the go)
Easy and portable. Plus pudding rules you can top with cereal, fruit, etc. It is literally 99% of the way I use protein besides a shake for reviews.
Good deal! I will! When I was on low calories, I would over fill it with water as to make it feel like a bigger meal but not that my calories are higher- I don’t need that! Haha

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Friday!! It’s been a great week training wise...feeling stronger on everything but especially my accessory work. Shoulder press working sets yesterday were 125x3. First time I’ve tried going over 95. Felt good. Today’s leg workout was great! Working sets of 205x2 on squats. I know I have more on squats but seems to be a core tightness issue I need to work on...I did several working sets on leg press as well as a dropset. Worked up to 7 plates on each side and then dropped 1 plate per side for 10-20 reps on the last set. Also got to do plenty of glute ham raises which are one of my favorite exercises!

Nutrition is tracking along. Continuing to increase calories weekly. Weight today was actually the lowest it’s been since I started all of this reverse dieting. Really happy with how things are going!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beautiful dog! "Place" training will help with the energy. The art of doing nothing. Hoping my 2 year old Irish Setter/golden retriever cross will be a school therapy dog some day!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beautiful dog! "Place" training will help with the energy. The art of doing nothing. Hoping my 2 year old Irish Setter/golden retriever cross will be a school therapy dog some day!
Thank you! Passed the info along to my daughter. Setter retriever sounds like a beautiful mix!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here’s a little progress (about 2 weeks). I am down about 9 lbs and feeling a lot less bloated.

IMG_8551.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
9lbs is a lot, nice work !

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy Monday! It was a busy but good weekend. Worked at a friends property this weekend with some projects. My task was staining a wood rack. My knees aren’t a fan of me crawling around on concrete. Luckily, there’s no leg day this week because we are going on our annual camping trip️ So they’ll get to rest a week. I’ll be able to hit everything else though. Will likely do some hiking but we will see...Camping in a different place this year so will have to find things to do! I know I’ll be taking naps in my hammock! Haha

Workout this morning was amazing! I struggled getting out of bed and getting going but once I got to the gym, all was good! Working sets of 125x4 on bench today. I had a spot last week when I got 5 but no spotters today. I would have had at least 1 if not 2 more if I had a spotter. I was pretty stoked! Sets of 8 on incline, 12-15 on cable Flyes and then superset some tricep and shoulder work. Finished with leg raises and cardio. Just feeling good all around. I know I’m not really dropping weight but I feel things tightening up and can see muscles trying to peak through! Grateful things are going well with this reverse dieting!

Adjustments.JPG

Last edited: