740x2

Drop set in Briefs
695x5
With holdout at lock on last one

MONDAY
Warmup to
In briefs
635x3
Mess around with new suit for about 45 min then with only 10 min left in workout decided to stick with old canvas.
In 10 min
Canvas on
725x1
775x1,1
Canvas off

TUESDAY
At the office
Romanian Deadlifts
Warmup then
Standing with #4 band over neck
#4 +345 x6,6
Pull Thrus
#4 x20x20

WEDNESDAY
Bench
To chest
585x1
Off 1board
615x1
645x1
675x0 stalled before lock
All with a pause AFTER the press command

DB Band Military
#3+70db x8,6

FRIDAY
Interval Rowing
6.5min for 1500m…holy crap that is stupid bad. Way out of shape
Certainly not the time to start getting in shape…but my weight is way out of control and need to bring it in or look at competing 220 here at nationals next month. Have qualify totals at both classes.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Did you put your shirt on Wednesday or did you hit 645 from the 1 board raw? Either way still impressive man! Keep up the hard work!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
The gpp yesterday was done with anabolic pump fasted protocol.

Today's session as well.

Deadlift
45-5
135-5
255-5
355-5
465-2
555-1
645-1
675-1
715-1

nice long holdout on 715. Felt like opener weight. Perfect.

Band resisted bench setups
5 count static contraction on each one
4 sets of 5

forgot about doing these for a year. Used to do when I was benching in the 600s all the time. Go figure. Made me want to cry. Will be regular part of program again.

Seated dumbell shrugs.
100-12,16
115-10

nice quasi deload day. Team needed it.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Yes it is boro!

More fasted gpp today fasted on anabolic pump. Sled dragging for .6 mile follwed by some heavy intervals. 20 min total

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
MONDAY SQUATS

715 sunk deep
795 below paralell
845 paralell

Scratchy throat so i skipped assistance work.

Between deadlifting and squatting this week i tweaked the errectors in my upper back on the left side. tweaked out pretty good but a couple ART sessions should clean it out. definetly no deads this week.

WEDNESDAY BENCH

585 no touch
605 no touch
605 no touch
615x1

DB Band shoulder presses
#3 band+50x15
#4 band+50x10

Need to figure out how to touch with around 570-580.

Got to hit the Super Cissus hard and up the prime dosage...meet coming on soon!!!

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
Wicked strong as always....are you in a new shirt, is that why touhing is an issue at the moment?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
very little shirt work since last august, and yes a new shirt. just trying to figure out the lowest weight i can touch for an opener.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Fasted GPP with Anabolic Pump and Oxy Elite this morning

Concept 2 Rower
30s on/30s off for 2000 Meters
9 min total

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
go into my old practicioner on Friday. Had two ribs out and they went back in fairly easily. Due to the pain transfer into the front of my chest i had him look at the intercostals under the pec that my ART guy had not been able to resolve.

This is one of the main reasons i have not been shirt benching, and having problems when i do so as the pressure agravates it making it painfull to breath and do other lifts for a couple days to a week following it.

He used a Graston hook and dug in there hard. It almost made me cry in fact. I didn't stop him i just kept hoping it would be over.

SATURDAY
Pushups with bands
4 sets

Band REsisted Bench Setups
4 Sets

about 18min with intervals on the sled and kettlebells.

Feeling much better today already.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've seen the graston hook I think... never felt it. What's up Buki? I dusted the cobwebs off and wanted to say hello.

Hope you're well buddy.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Worked up to second attempts. took it easy on warmups to give my back/ribs a break.

645x1 below
725x1 sunk but went so deep I lost my balance and almost fell over backwards. somehow I caught it before the spotters did and squatted it up for a good lift.
800x1 below

I did let the bar roll down my back while in the hole which pushed made lean over more. I didn't notice but was pointed out to me. Must be having some problems keeping locked in position with my back.

Hurts again today but not like its out of place just sore erectors above the area where it went out. Trying to get into my ART guy today

GHR
BW x12,12,12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I've seen the graston hook I think... never felt it. What's up Buki? I dusted the cobwebs off and wanted to say hello.

Hope you're well buddy.
hope all is going well in Ubiland. Glad to see you putting that iphony to good use ;)

Suppossed to come down and hold a deadlift seminar in that next of the woods in May. SB said he would drop down for the seminar as well. We will see, they have not scheduled a flight for me yet.

Things are going quite well with me. quite well. getting ready for nationals in a couple weeks, and a typical good life all around. Cutting back on projects and just trying to focus on the big things.

Here are some Graston tools. The hook used was the second one from the bottom.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ston_tools.jpg

On the intercostals you basically have to push through the pec to get to them as they are underneath. My practicioners take no mercy on me.:tongue2:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Did some ART on the back yesterday. Interspinal muscles are tweaked but ribs are still in place.

Started today with some heat on the back then band pulls from variety of angles and then band traction.

Back still started cramping up when I went to bench but bench session went well.

Warmup
495x3 trying to touch 2 bs
545x1 off 2bd
575x1 off 1bd
575x1
605x1
nice long pause after press command and clean smooth presses.

Band pressdowns
#3 x8,8,8

really think I can get things dialed with this shirt this year. Not doing any tweaking at all right now. Just putting on. No time to really mess with it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Wow, good to see there is still a lot of iron moving in this thread. You're a machine Kabuki.

permanabol

Awards
This thing is still going!
hell yeah I'm in learned alot from reading the last 20 so pages lol

what stage are you in looks like your doing less work than at the beginning of the log?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
This thing is still going!
hell yeah I'm in learned alot from reading the last 20 so pages lol

what stage are you in looks like your doing less work than at the beginning of the log?
It certainly changes thru the year. Currently have meet in 2 weeks so very minimal. Overall my volume is down from where it was in years past but I have paired out the fluff and focusing harder on things that are yielding results. That us a general statement however as at times my volume is higher than it has been in the past.

permanabol

Awards
sounds good
also would like to hear about what that guy said about your squat form to help you get parallel I have that problem big time

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
My squat stance was to wide and I was wearing belt down to low. Both were causing me issues with depth.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Friday had some ART Done on my bakc and some Gua Sha done ony intercostals.

Interspinus muscles and erectors in bakc are still tightening up.

Took it easy on Saturday and mostly did coaching.

Couple pulls with 245 as form demos but that even hurt.
Band resisted bench setups
5 sets of 5 with 5 second contraction

db row
100x12

did something of a reverse hyper with bands to get some serious band traction going in my back.

Did a log of heat cycles on the back all day after that

Birthday today.
Got an accuball set and a theracane. Putting those to use today.

permanabol

Awards
Hope you get feeling better!
and would you say it's possible to do reverse hypers on a bench(I know it's low) with a weight between your feet my Comercial gym as most doesn't have anything thats worth using...

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Breaking in new pair of briefs for meet.

55-5,5
155-5,5
265-5
355-5
465-3
555-1
suit on
645-1 high
735-1 high
785-1 1" above paralell
785-1 paralell but not breaking below

Standing ab crunches

I'll try to break paralell one more time Saturday with 785. If I can't I'll use old briefs at meet

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Hope you get feeling better!
and would you say it's possible to do reverse hypers on a bench(I know it's low) with a weight between your feet my Comercial gym as most doesn't have anything thats worth using...
Just do puul thru's and band good mornings instead.

permanabol

Awards
Yeah I've been doing those(think my lower back arches on pull throughs though....
do you ever do Normal back extensions?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've been doing those(think my lower back arches on pull throughs though....
do you ever do Normal back extensions?
I don't.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Worked up to opener bench. Nice and clean.

couple sets of tricep pushdowns.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
To whomever it is that is flaming me on You Tube and accusing me of not knowing how to lift and calling me fat.

On not knowing how to lift, I do. I am a competitive lifter that is rarely called out for not performing a lift to strict standards. When I do partial lifts I make no bones about it and don’t even attempt to call it a full lift…I’m doing partials that day. If you don’t understand what I’m doing you need to do some serious research.

On being fat. I’m glad you feel you can judge my BF in videos where only my calves and forearms are visible. I’m assuming your making the judgment on the large size of my stomach. What you do not know, and what I don’t discuss often is that I have a disfigurement I will never be able to be rid of. Due to malnutrition as a homeless child my ribcage is distorted and points out at 90deg to my body and my stomach is distended. Luckily that is all. Unlike my 3 younger sisters who I ended up taking over custody and raising; who as adults are all under 5’ and 100lbs in BW due to FAS.

I don’t appreciate your ignorant and unneeded personal attacks. I am only posting online to keep myself motivated and to inspire others to see what an average person can achieve with training hard, eating right, and OTC supplements.
Man you are an inspiration, i have been hooked to this thread for a long time, thankyou for everything

Kepp on killing it brother

Shock and awe

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
hope all is going well in Ubiland. Glad to see you putting that iphony to good use ;)

Suppossed to come down and hold a deadlift seminar in that next of the woods in May. SB said he would drop down for the seminar as well. We will see, they have not scheduled a flight for me yet.

Things are going quite well with me. quite well. getting ready for nationals in a couple weeks, and a typical good life all around. Cutting back on projects and just trying to focus on the big things.
Oh yeah? I haven't seen SB in a long time. I emailed his yahoo addy, so if you talk to him again, tell the gorilla to check his ****. :)

I basically went off the internerdicular grid for a bit, as I needed to focus on steering my health and motivation back into the right areas in my life. I even deactivated facebook, hence why you haven't seen me around even on there. You certainly sound good, and I'm kind of amazed you're still as devoted as ever in posting your progress. Good **** buki.

I'll try to be less of a stranger.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah? I haven't seen SB in a long time. I emailed his yahoo addy, so if you talk to him again, tell the gorilla to check his ****. :)

I basically went off the internerdicular grid for a bit, as I needed to focus on steering my health and motivation back into the right areas in my life. I even deactivated facebook, hence why you haven't seen me around even on there. You certainly sound good, and I'm kind of amazed you're still as devoted as ever in posting your progress. Good **** buki.

I'll try to be less of a stranger.
I will let him know.

I don't really have the time for the logs anymore with my work and life...but USP labs treats me so well I keep them going to support them.

Please be less of a stranger, I always enjoy hearing from you. Don't think I ever got your email. You should send it over as you have been prone to these boughts of questioning your use of social media since I have known you. And I can't blame you...if I didn't have such a great sponsor I wouldn't be around much either.

I have a few crazy things to share with you like the guy that tried to kill me a couple months back. Maybe we can be pen pals ;)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Flying out Next Friday for AAPF Nationals in Detroit. Weigh in Saturday and help some of my team compete. Compete alongside some of my team mates on Sunday. Fly back Monday.

Last workout before the meet.

Squat
worked up to 755x1
felt like a warmup and the breifs were broken in enough i just barely broke through paralell.

Also tested the briefs to see if I could get down to the bar for deadlifts and I could. VERY tight however so I will likely just go singlet or suit without the straps pulled tighted to deadlift in otherwise it will be to much.

Changed plans with weight class last weekend and changed to the 220 class versus the 198 I was planning on. I'll save the big cut till later this year. From last weekend to this weekend my Bodyweight has gone from 220 to 230 :-0

Planned Openers
770 squat
585 bench
725 deadlift

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
AAAPF Nationals

Started out well and was on track for three AWPC world records and blowing away the total record by several hundred lbs and taking best lifter.

Should have known something was going wrong when my left hand kept locking up into a fist while i was trying to get ready for deadlift. training partner had to masage my forearm several times so I could get my hand to open. So bombed out.

Rest of team did good. Rudy Kadlub (USP Labs sponsored athelte) took home 3 AWPC world records in the 60+ 198lb catagory with a 550 squat, 430 bench, and 465 dead.

Squat
771 - 3 whites
837 - miss
837 - 2 whites
854 - miss AWPC record attempt

Bench
584 - 3 whites AWPC record attempt
617 - miss, didn't stay under it
617 - 3 whites AWPC record attempt

Deadlift
705 - lost grip AWPC record attempt for DEADLIFT and TOTAL
705 - pulled to fast off floor and got some nasty bar whip for a hitch
705 - gave up

YouTube- USP Labs Sponsored Athlete Chris Duffin - AAPF Nationals

LEarned a few important things and now back to getting stronger!!!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
strange...can't seem to embedd vids anymore

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Saturday was my
Day 1 of PINK MAGIC by USP Labs

Had an interesting deadlift setup with chains in front of bar forcing to pull back. Very interesting.

Deadlift
warmup then
505+75 x1,1,1,1,1,1 w/20 sec rest
briefs no belt

Band Resisted Bench Setups
3 sets of 5 with 5 sec contraction

Shrugs with wide fat trapbar
380x16
430x12
430+70 in crazy bells
x6 with no straps
x12 with straps

DB Rows
115x12
205x20

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah...started yesterdays session with battling ropes for 3 x 30 second intervals to kick start things.

SUNDAY
Just a kick little work

15 min with push mower

Bench
135x15
225x5
225x25
225x5

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday was my
Day 1 of PINK MAGIC by USP Labs

Had an interesting deadlift setup with chains in front of bar forcing to pull back. Very interesting.

Deadlift
warmup then
505+75 x1,1,1,1,1,1 w/20 sec rest
briefs no belt

3 sets of 5 with 5 sec contraction

Shrugs with wide fat trapbar
380x16
430x12
430+70 in crazy bells
x6 with no straps
x12 with straps

DB Rows
115x12
205x20
I am nervous... Pink plus Kabuki... :-|

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
Holy Lord UBI showed up in a thread!

-Now back on task, awesome job Buki, any answer to your forearm problem...thats a major downer.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Holy Lord UBI showed up in a thread!

-Now back on task, awesome job Buki, any answer to your forearm problem...thats a major downer.
Just a bad job on my sodium manipulation prior to the meet.

I do think i'm going to experiment with my grip as my right hand is stronger so having it be the one that drags on my leg wanting to open it may be better.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 PINK MAGIC by USP Labs

Damn it feels good to be back in the gym again!

Kettlebell stretches

SSB Box Squats to 15” foam box
65+150chain x5
155+150chain x5
245+150chain x5
355+150chain x5
445+150chain x5
495+150chain x5
525+150chain x3
Let my air out at the bottom of the 4th rep

Romanian Deadlifts – no belt
435x8
525x6

Leg Press
Lots o weight x8
More x8
Even more x6

Glute-Ham Raise
#3 band resist x 12,12,12

CleetusVanDam

CleetusVanDam

Awards
  • Established
GOOD ZOD what some some RDL's! Thats insane my friend, absolutely insane!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you make your own GHR Chris?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 PINK MAGIC by USP Labs

another good day

Bench
135x5,5
185x5
225x5
315x3
365x5

add shirt and foam board
495x3
585x3
635x3

Crazy Bell Bench w/Deadlift bar
Hands on Bare
45+120 in crazy weight x 8,8,8

DB Military
50+#3+#2bands x8
50+#3 x8,8

Standing Wheel O' Death
BW x8,8,8

I've also been doing gripper work all week.
1.5 CC x 3-4 sets of 8 reps/day

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
GOOD ZOD what some some RDL's! Thats insane my friend, absolutely insane!
my best is 585x6 but hope to get up to mid to low 600's with these this year.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Dropped into office gym at end of the day

barbell curls

85x10
125x8,8,8,8

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
What's Pink Magic? I'm out of the god damned loop more than I thought I was, aren't I.

Thanks for telling SB to email me Buki. :)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
What's Pink Magic? I'm out of the god damned loop more than I thought I was, aren't I.

Thanks for telling SB to email me Buki. :)
When Jacob let's me know I'll pass it along. All I know is it is suppsed to make me deadlift more than ed coan :)

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
my partner Rudy at AAPF nationals
YouTube- Rudy AAPF Nats

SATURYDAY AM
Fasted Training using Recreate, Anabolic Pump, Powerfull 1hr out from training and 20g BCAA/EAA/Glutamine pep mix 30min out.

Kettlebell stretches

Deadlift
no belt
135x5,5
255x5
345x5
435x5
485x3
setup in front of bar and with added friction
485+75x1
535+75x1,1,1,1,1 w/30 seconds rest
add belt
535+75x2,2,2

Damn the belt makes a HUGE difference with this setup. My low back was on fire from pulling that chain back and locking it out without the belt.

2 sets 5 reps with 5 second contraction

Shurgs with wide grip and fat handle trap bar
325x12
415x12
add 70 in crazy weight
425+70x8,8

DB Rows
115x12
205x25

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
SUNDAY AM
Fasted Training using Recreate, Anabolic Pump, Powerfull 1hr out from training and 20g BCAA/EAA/Glutamine pep mix 30min out.

Sled @ 135lbs
.5mile cadenced forward and backward x 11min

Sprints with rotary all human powered mower x15min

Bench Press
135x16
225x25,13,12

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Was very sick yesteray but for some stupid reason decided to train anyway...and actually got a decent workout in.

SSB Box squats to 15" foam
150lbs in chain
65+150x5,5
155+150x5
265+150x5
355+150x5
445+150x3
535+150x3
575+150x2

Pause squats
no belt
415x5 Five(5) count in hole, no rest at top
505x5 Three(3) count in hole, no rest at top
YouTube- Pause squats

Romanian Deadlifts
435x9

between back being fried from Saturdays work and no energy with being sick I was clear I wasn't going to go heavy on these so I ended there.

Glute-Ham Raise
BWx12
#3band resist x12,12
#4band resist x12