Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the standing strict log out of the rack helped all of us considerably. Really builds the overhead pressing muscles with the greatest priority.

Also, this is as accurate as it is funny. Fair warning:

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 day 2

•Sumo (from floor)
135/185/225/275x5
330x2x12 - 30s rest b/t sets
I had been lining my shins up with the inner ring. I moved out to lining them up with the outer ring and it felt much better. It kind of makes sense that itd feel better with lighter loads but im gonna stick with that for now.

•Front squat (75-85%x4-6x4 - 235-265)
55/105/145/174/205x5
235x6@7
255x5@7 - got a sharp pain in my mid back when i braced at the top before going down for rep 5. Was definitely going to hit the 6th then go for a set at 265. But after that i dropped it to 235x4x2 to finish the fronts up. I guess if any consolation it was my mid back and not my lower...
235x4x2 - no pain at all while squatting. A little tight between sets. This would be the perfect time for me to have access to an X-wife.

•RFESS (slightly elevated on axle about a foot up on the rack) (3x12)
Trying to do a 1 ct pause but i aint gonna lie i didnt hold myself to it every rep.
55x12x3 -> left piriformis (most likely culprit in the area it was tight) started locking up about rep 6 on the first set from trying to do what my glute is supposed to be doing. Set 2 wasnt as bad but set 3 it was tight the entire time. I should start doing these with just bw more often.

Ss/

•Seal rows (4x12)
135x12
185x12
205x12x2
185x12

Ss/

Foot elevated single leg glute bridge
2 sets of 5 with 3 ct hold

Notes:

Main lift notes above. I added RFESSs because pretty much every single article i have read for strongman training/programming says its imperative to include some degree of unilateral work for your lower body and when I did them all the time years ago nothing hit my quads and glutes both as hard as these did. Looks like theyre also hopefully going to address a need in helping with my glute firing.

Was gonna do my second upper day tomorrow since I dont know my work schedule for this week yet, but we'll see how I feel in the AM. This took a lot out of me due to the heat. Session took entirely too long especially given that the main deadlift work was done in less than 10 min.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah the standing strict log out of the rack helped all of us considerably. Really builds the overhead pressing muscles with the greatest priority.

Also, this is as accurate as it is funny. Fair warning:

Haha, ill sit down with her and watch that later.

Congrats man! ‘Tis true when you know, you know.
Thanks man!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mid back feels fine today. It almost felt like a rib snapped out of place temporarily or something along those lines. Ive had issues with a similar spot in the past and think it was from that but no way of knowing for sure. My left hip feels pretty bound up today from those RFESSs so im gonna go in and do part of the donnie post squat routine and maybe some hangs. My goal is to get my upper day in tomorrow before driving up north to get my rotation site paperwork taken care of before my first shift on Tuesday at which point i figure out my schedule for at least the rest of the week but hopefully for 2-3 weeks so I can plan workouts accordingly.

My warmup is getting out of control with how much time it is taking up, but i do think i need to add monster walks back in. Did those religiously at jakked during my warmup and they really seemed to help get everything in the hip girdle firing properly.

Edit:

Walked on the treadmill @2.5-3mph x20m @1.5 incline

Couch stretch x2m x1 each leg
Iliopsoas stretch: x2m x2 each leg

Donnie stomps: heavy band x20x3 each leg
Donnie seated abduction hold: monster mini x1m, mini x 1mx2

Some mcgill curl ups and bird dogs.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 1 day 3

Wu:
Dyn stretches
Swede pull-apart with ext rot: mini + micro x20x2
Rope pull throughs: 2x15
Single arm tri band pushdown: mini x15

Forgot to put this update in my big post a few posts ago: I upped the reps by 1 on the 3 heavy days. So x3@9-10went to x4, 2@9-10 went to x3, x1 went to x2. Also upped the rep by 1 on the back down set. I have no reason to be working up to a max single right now.

•Comp bench (up to 4rm, 90% 4rm x5x2)
45/95x10
135x6
175x5
205x5 (meant to put 215 on but was focused on future sets instead od the set in front of me)
245x5
275x2
[email protected] + 1 -> re-rack for 10s, hit the 4th but i think my right side dipped a tad although I did lock it out despite pushing against the left pin for what felt like a year. Took off slightly more than 10% due to overestimating what my true 4rm is.

265x5x2@8/9

•NG cgbp on viper bar (240x2x3)
145x5
175x2
210x2
240x2x3@7/8.5/8

Ss/

•Half kneeling iso supinating cable row (5x12) in box
65x12
75x12x4

•1/2 kneeling tri ext
75x15x2

Standing oh tri ext
75x10 -> drop 65x6 half kneeling
Ss/

•Duffin UR row
35x15x3

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man Jessica’s rib popped out at work yesterday. She said she just answered the phone and suddenly *gasp* couldn’t breathe fully. I had to pop it back in yesterday and then again this morning. Random and awful for anyone. Ruins the day.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Truly sucks when it happens. It has happened once since the worst time that I had it happen 2 years ago now. It felt out for damn near 2 weeks. Taking a deep breath, trying to sneeze...hellll no. Sometimes id be going to sneeze and would start forcefully inhaling deeply like you do before you sneeze and id get such a sharp pain that the sneeze would literally go away lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My warm-up these days is walking into my hot ass gym lol. Viva la summer I guess.

FWIW, I'm planning on doing the Paul Carter lunges for my unilateral leg work. He recommends working up to sets of 500-1000 with bodyweight, which sounds gross.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A bit behind but congrats!

Glad you also got some good down time and hope next training cycle is super productive.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man Jessica’s rib popped out at work yesterday. She said she just answered the phone and suddenly *gasp* couldn’t breathe fully. I had to pop it back in yesterday and then again this morning. Random and awful for anyone. Ruins the day.
Ugh that totally sucks...
Truly sucks when it happens. It has happened once since the worst time that I had it happen 2 years ago now. It felt out for damn near 2 weeks. Taking a deep breath, trying to sneeze...hellll no. Sometimes id be going to sneeze and would start forcefully inhaling deeply like you do before you sneeze and id get such a sharp pain that the sneeze would literally go away lol.
The first time this happened to me was in a car accident when I was 22, I dislocated 5 ribs from the thoracis region, 2 on one side and 3 on the other. Totally thrashed all the muscles and connective tissue. I was out of lifting for over a year. I tried to get back in a few times but immediate pain. Now they will sublux every once in a while and breathing, standing pretty much everything bothers or hurts it until the inflammation goes back down. Good luck with it but I would expect it to be something that happens periodically from now on. Well at least mine and others I know seem to have had that experience. Sometimes a couple years apart but it still pops up on me. I think mostly when I lose thoracic extension under load. IE squats, DL, and bent over rows are often the culprit for me. Sometimes just a cough or hiccup has caused me to hurt for a couple days up to a week.
My warm-up these days is walking into my hot ass gym lol. Viva la summer I guess.

FWIW, I'm planning on doing the Paul Carter lunges for my unilateral leg work. He recommends working up to sets of 500-1000 with bodyweight, which sounds gross.
This sounds miserable. I have done 200 at one time and it was not fun at all!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I got up to sets of 25 for 175 total reps I think while doing legs 3 times a week. That was plenty for imbalance correction. I just think Paul enjoys doing them. Nobody gets jacked doing hundreds of reps per set.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I got up to sets of 25 for 175 total reps I think while doing legs 3 times a week. That was plenty for imbalance correction. I just think Paul enjoys doing them. Nobody gets jacked doing hundreds of reps per set.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
More to the point I think he knows it sounds extreme and will be a popular thing with the people who follow him. When I do the 200 walking lunges it is 200 steps, or 100 lunges per side and is more about creating muscular endurance, work capacity, and mental toughness. Not really for building muscle, but the added volume doesn't hurt for sure. Not sure about 500-1000 you would definitely want to work up to that slowly. I think my tendons would hate me trying that...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More to the point I think he knows it sounds extreme and will be a popular thing with the people who follow him. When I do the 200 walking lunges it is 200 steps, or 100 lunges per side and is more about creating muscular endurance, work capacity, and mental toughness. Not really for building muscle, but the added volume doesn't hurt for sure. Not sure about 500-1000 you would definitely want to work up to that slowly. I think my tendons would hate me trying that...
That's how I count them too. When I do walking lunges, it is usually for those reasons. If I want to do lower reps for building muscle, I will typically use a different exercise like a split squat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's how I count them too. When I do walking lunges, it is usually for those reasons. If I want to do lower reps for building muscle, I will typically use a different exercise like a split squat.
That or reverse lunges work nicely too.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Missed a good convo in here while I was away, sorry fellas. All i have to add to it is that sets of 500-1000 walking lunges sounds gross, somewhat ridiculous and probably unnecessary, and also quite masochistic so i get why someone would do it. I havent done a thing other than work, drive, eat, and sleep (well I guess piss **** and shower too naturally) since Monday. I did figure out that there is a small gym up there so i may use it to get in a workout next week when im up there again so i dont have to bunch them all together on the weekend like im having to this week.

Ugh that totally sucks...
The first time this happened to me was in a car accident when I was 22, I dislocated 5 ribs from the thoracis region, 2 on one side and 3 on the other. Totally thrashed all the muscles and connective tissue. I was out of lifting for over a year. I tried to get back in a few times but immediate pain. Now they will sublux every once in a while and breathing, standing pretty much everything bothers or hurts it until the inflammation goes back down. Good luck with it but I would expect it to be something that happens periodically from now on. Well at least mine and others I know seem to have had that experience. Sometimes a couple years apart but it still pops up on me. I think mostly when I lose thoracic extension under load. IE squats, DL, and bent over rows are often the culprit for me. Sometimes just a cough or hiccup has caused me to hurt for a couple days up to a week.
Yah, i think mine all goes back to my sr year of college when the catcher who was one burly ole boy from Wyoming and I collided going for a pop up. It knocked us both clean on our asses and we were both down for 15-30s just trying to regain our senses lol. We both weighed 215-230 and were running towards each other pretty damn hard. Probably broke a rib at that time but i continued to play the rest of the year with it even though it hurt like a mfer to take a deep breath or throw. In hindsight i shouldve just taken 2 weeks off to let it heal but in the heat of my last baseball season ever i just was too damn stubborn to do that. Anyway, i tend to agree with you that it's probably something that'll happen from time to time going forward, im just hoping that if strengthen the erectors around it and the scapular retractors it may help - donno if itll work but strong erectors and retractors are a good idea for everything else anyway so may as well prioritize it and see.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 1 day 4

Wu:

Treadmill walk x7m with very light exercise band around ankles and then knees eventually after 3m.
Curl up: 2x6
Side plank: 2x5 10s holds
Bird dog: 2x6 per leg
Monster walks
Hammer curl: 25x20x2

•2.25" Conv block pull (x6@7, rep drop to @8)
135/185/225/275/315x6
+ belt
365x6
405x6
435x6@7
Rep drop
435x5x3@6/7/8

I have to be very careful on these. This is pretty much right at my technical weak point where my hips have a tendency to shoot up and turn the pull into a SLDL. Should be great for correcting this technical flaw as long as I dont get overzealous with the lift and just engrain it further, or even worse injure myself.

•Beltless Zercher 20" soft Box Squat (3x10)
45x10
95x10
135x10
Work:
185x10
215x ouch. When i went to pick it up out of the rack that fucking rib popped out again (or whatever the **** it is) but god damn it stunned me for a second with how bad that stab was. I was a little aggressive with how i went to pick it up, so i tried again after a couple minutes a little gentler this time.

215x10x2

Next two sets with an occasional stab but whatever.

Thinking about choking a monster mini around the bar and dangling a kb off it. But then im kind of turning this whole thing into even more of a circus act haha so im not sure i wanna take it that far. Although it would improve one of the desired training effects im after.

•Suitcase carry (40 yards x5 each hand w/ 60s rest between each down & back)
110x5

Didnt adhere strictly to the 60s rest but it was never more than 2m which was only once. Probably did 2 sets @60s and the other 2 at 90.

Make up tomorrow before log press:

•GHR (3x10-12)

•Hip banded kb swing (2x12-20)

I was cashed and ready to leave after the farmers. Ill do those accessories as part of a warmup for log tomorrow.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 1

Normal warmup
A little extra rear delt warmup for OP
GHR: 3x10

•Log C&P (EMOM - probably stuck to an actual EMOM 3 times, the rest were 60s rest)
No elbow sleeves
144x3 forgot to clean each rep - just presses
144x3x3 (clean ev rep)
144x3 (half clean from lap to rack each rep)
144x3x3 (clean ev rep)

•Log rack press - strict, no elbow sleeves
124x3
144x3
164x3+ --> x8

•ring Pull up (5 sets of AMRAP - 1, goal = 5x10)
Bw x8 on rings + 4 pro light band assisted
x 6 + 6
Oops, just realized i was doing sets of 12.
x 6 , 4
x 6, 4
x 4, 6

Ss/

•inc cable fly (3x12) - box cables
35x12x2
30x12

•Hammer curl
35x12x2

Ss/

•Rolling db tri ext (on floor)
35x12x2

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cleaning every rep, I would rest a full minute between. That’s already a much longer set and oxygen demand than something like a triple on speed bench. No comparison.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cleaning every rep, I would rest a full minute between. That’s already a much longer set and oxygen demand than something like a triple on speed bench. No comparison.
Just following the CWS programming, but I agree with you. The "holy **** i need to catch my breath" begins to be the main thought vs actually focusing on technique and moving the weight as fast as possible like it should be on DE style work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just following the CWS programming, but I agree with you. The "holy **** i need to catch my breath" begins to be the main thought vs actually focusing on technique and moving the weight as fast as possible like it should be on DE style work.
That’s basically where I stand with it. If you can’t focus on technique remotely, it’s going to make poor practice, and additional conditioning aside should be performed to raise GP further if needed.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
•Sumo dl ([email protected], 85%x4x2)
Rogue operator bar
135/225/275/315x5 + 1 single at end
365x3 + 1 single
405x3 + 1 single
455x2 + 1 single
495x3
525x3@ HA...x1@10 1st rep felt and im sure looked just like 622 did a couple years ago. Used 495 for the 3rm.
420x4x2@6/6

Was initially quite disappointed and still am to a lesser extent but I have to keep perspective that this was my first time above 80% on sumo off the floor in probably close to a year. So I should have expected more of a loss than what I did. Just have to get my wedge back under me.

•Fronts (195x3x8 60s rest)
(Doubled monster mini around knees)
55/105/145x5
175x3
(+ loose belt first 4, latched and no monster mini pnf last 4)
195x3x8 60s rest

•RFESS (3-5x10)
Micro mini PNF with left leg (feed dysfunction by pulling knee into adduction)
50lb x10x3 -> much better about the 1-2ct pauses this week. Also backed off a touch on these as I obviously thought I could handle more than this last week and was wrong. Added the PNF to tell my abductors "hey yall you need to participate in this movement too" - didnt add to the difficulty of the lift but i had absolutely zero cramping and felt everything activating how it should. So it looks like it was a good move and i can move back up.

Ss/

•Seal row
(Ring on outer ring)
135x10
__
185x12x4

Spent 5m in the cold tub from low back down then 10 min in the hot tub.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey 525 for a single when you haven’t pulled Sumo from the floor in a long time ain’t too shabby! After 495x3 as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey 525 for a single when you haven’t pulled Sumo from the floor in a long time ain’t too shabby! After 495x3 as well.
Ya I wish I could do that.

Nice work I’m sure it’ll come back and more in time.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s solid output! When you were pulling your heaviest would you usr sumo or conv?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I knowww, i know. I just have pulled more sumo than conv for so long now it just felt shitty initially to be pulling the same weight for the same 1rm. But I've regained some perspective on it all over the last day or so. It'll come back in due time.

Ya I wish I could do that.

Nice work I’m sure it’ll come back and more in time.
Eh, id bet you could. Just have to train for it. Thanks man. Day after day drop after drop itll come back at one rate or another.

That’s solid output! When you were pulling your heaviest would you usr sumo or conv?
At my heaviest I was ~245-250 pulling 575 conv (in gym after RTS project momentum) and 622 sumo (in a comp). After i finally nailed down the technique for sumo (or improved it to be efficient "enough" anyway) I pretty much could always pull ~50lbs more sumo than conv.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yes that’s a hefty pull! One day I’ll buckle down and get after sumo technique. I just love that savage full body pump feeling after pulling con.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yes that’s a hefty pull! One day I’ll buckle down and get after sumo technique. I just love that savage full body pump feeling after pulling con.
I definitely dont disagree, which is why i always try to and always recommend having some barbell conv variation in your training 80+% of the time (assuming one trains for strength sports). Whether its RDLs, blocks, deficits, etc - nothing hammers your entire PC like conv pulls. GMs can take the place of it for some but that exercise just isn't worth the risk with the other possible variations you can use imo.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 3

WU:
1. Dyn stretch
2. Monster walk - red power-stem band x20x2
3. Standing twist through punch - thick yellow handled x20, doubled x10
4. High/low Vs: small green x10 high/lows x2
5. Hammer curl: 30lbx20
________

•Comp BP (60-75% x8-12x3-4...200-250)
45/95x some number over 5
135x5
175x5
200x8
225x10@7
250x7 fail 1/2 way up on rep 8
[email protected]

Going by the standard RTS x__@X RPE vs e1rm chart i shouldve been able to get [email protected]. Not terribly far off since i know my rep maxes at anything over a triple never corresponds to my 1rm. Once i burn myself out in one high rep set i am pretty much done for the rest of that exercise and any close variation thereafter.

•NG Close Grip Viper bar press (60-75%x8-12x2-3....170-220)
55/105/145x8
170x8@9
[email protected], 10 breath rest pause -> x1@8

A1. 1/2 kneeling supinating cable row in box (5x10)
70x10
75x10x4

Ss/

A2. Lateral raise (3x12)
15x12x3

B1. 1/2 kneeling tri pushdown (3x12)
75x12
80x12
80x9 10 breath rest pause x3

Ss/

B2. Duffin UR row (3x12)
53lb x12
53x8 -> 35x4
35x12

With 2 scoops of white pipes I had one heck of a pump going by the end of this one. All 3 delt heads, lats, and tris were feeling it the most. Block pull + zercher day tomorrow, haven't decided if im going to work up to a 4rm log Sunday or wait until Tuesday for that. If all things go well tomorrow (aka no injuries) and im not too sore Sunday I'll probably try to give it a go Sunday.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cleaning the log will be really tough to get in position on Sunday, fair warning. Gonna have to be very proactive with stretching after tomorrow and warm up/mobility Sunday. I always feel fragile the day after lower body.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 2 day 4

•2.25" conv block pull (x5@7, rep drop til @8)
135/185/225/275/315x5
(+ belt)
365x5
405x5
All of these felt like ****, couldnt find a foot position that would allow me to use my hips off the blocks. I have much better hip/glute involvement from the floor and even from a deficit.
445x5@8 overshot rpe goal
445x4@8

Not surprised that strength was down a bit after the heavy sumo session Tuesday. Thats the beauty of having the secondary lifts programmed based on RPE. As long as you are honest about your rpe, you'll always get the appropriate load and volume any given day.

•Beltless Zercher Squat to 24" box (3x8) (last week 215x10x3)
45/95/135/175x8
205x8
Work:
235x8
265x8
275x8

I think minorly re-popping my rib out zapped my strength on these a bit last week. Really the only logical explanation for the discrepancy in the two weeks. Unless i just left my panties at home today 🤷

Woke up late this morning and ran out of time. Gonna do my max distance suitcase & farmers tomorrow along with some sled drags. Still got a good full body stimulus in with compound movements. With how much back i was using on pulls and the fact i didnt get my carries in today i think the best training move is to just wait til Tuesday for the log.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warmup:
Dyn WU
Cable shovel twists: 2 sets of 10
Rope hammer curl: 2 sets of 15

1. Suitcase carries (max distance in 60s on top set)
70x50ft each hand
100x50ft x2 each hand
130x50ft each hand
145lb x
(with drop and re-pick each turn every 50 ft)

R hand: 4 full lengths (200ft)
L hand: “ “ - a little easier and had about 5s to spare whereas with my right hand it was a minute right at the finish

2. Sled drag (alternating fw and bw, 50ft each)
On turf
Fw: 70/115 (switch 2 prowler) / 165 / 215 x1, 265x3 d&b
Bw: 70/115 (“ “) / 165/ 215 x1, 265 x3 down and backs

Last edited:
Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
I've never had any decent success with carryover from block/rack pulls...similar feeling of everything just not firing correctly...would much rather utilize pause work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never had any decent success with carryover from block/rack pulls...similar feeling of everything just not firing correctly...would much rather utilize pause work.
Me three. Just beats up my back and doesn’t transfer to my starting position on floor.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup...i cant say im any different. The ONLY and i mean only time i felt like i got anything from them was a few years ago when mike T programmed rack pulls from just below the knee for Proj Momentum. I do feel like they really helped me with getting my hips involved at lockout both with hip extension but also really feeling the proper execution of “spread the floor” all the way through the lift. Since im feeling them mainly in my lower back right now, maybe ill increase the height of the block a little more after next week. I could also just switch them out for RDLs instead and really turn day 4 into a lower volume session.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 1

•10” log c&p ([email protected]
Clean 1st rep only
70x5
100x5x2
130x5
(+ belt)
160x5
(+ sleeves)
190x4
[email protected] (video below)

•10” log sleeveless strict rack press
132x5
152x3
172x1+ —> x7@10

•Ring Pull up (5x8) (pronated unless o/w stated)
Bw (232) x8, 8, 8, 5 (neutral grip), 5

Trudel ring pull up x6 as makeup reps

Ss/

•Viper bar rolling triceps
55x10
85x10x2
75x10

•Box Cable curl (sup grip) (3x10)
55x10x3

Ss/

•Inc Box cable fly (3x10)
35x10
30x10x2

Good session. Pleased with the top set of log - still having an issue with too much anterior knee translation vs abducting them more and generating hip power that way. I very much focus on it during my work up sets so its just one of those bad habits that rears its head as i near maximal loads. Hopefully continuing to focus on it eventually engrains the pattern and it eventually is no longer an issue. With all the technical flaws i have, theres still major room for numbers to climb.

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Week 3 day 1

•10” log c&p ([email protected]
Clean 1st rep only
70x5
100x5x2
130x5
(+ belt)
160x5
(+ sleeves)
190x4
[email protected] (video below)

•10” log sleeveless strict rack press
132x5
152x3
172x1+ —> x7@10

•Ring Pull up (5x8) (pronated unless o/w stated)
Bw (232) x8, 8, 8, 5 (neutral grip), 5

Trudel ring pull up x6 as makeup reps

Ss/

•Viper bar rolling triceps
55x10
85x10x2
75x10

•Box Cable curl (sup grip) (3x10)
55x10x3

Ss/

•Inc Box cable fly (3x10)
35x10
30x10x2

Good session. Pleased with the top set of log - still having an issue with too much anterior knee translation vs abducting them more and generating hip power that way. I very much focus on it during my work up sets so its just one of those bad habits that rears its head as i near maximal loads. Hopefully continuing to focus on it eventually engrains the pattern and it eventually is no longer an issue. With all the technical flaws i have, theres still major room for numbers to climb.

What do you mean by anterior knee translation?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you mean by anterior knee translation?
Basically my knees are just going too far forward beyond the point on the ground where my toes are at. My heels come off the ground as my weight shifts forward over my toes. It puts a lot of stress on the tendons of the knee, even more so when log pressing. Go watch a video of a strongman that blows out their patellar tendon when they go to press a log and you’ll see why i want to avoid it lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Basically my knees are just going too far forward beyond the point on the ground where my toes are at. My heels come off the ground as my weight shifts forward over my toes. It puts a lot of stress on the tendons of the knee, even more so when log pressing. Go watch a video of a strongman that blows out their patellar tendon when they go to press a log and you’ll see why i want to avoid it lol.
I’m the same way; good about it at lighter percentages but when I’m working really hard I let them drift way too forward!

It’s a very genuine concern, no doubt.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ahhh thought you were having cruciate problems.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 2

•Sumo deadlift (320-400 x6-10x3-4)
135/185/225/275x5
(+ loose belt)
320x10@ 5 or less
(+ latched belt)
340x10@5
(+ straps)
370x10@6
400x10@6

•Front Squat (175-220x8-12x2-3)
55/105/145x5
175x12@ out of breath
195x8
220x8@7

•RFE Split Sq (3x8)
65x8x3

Had planned to go to 4x8 but i was honestly cashed. I’m just gonna add a set each 3 week miniblock.

Ss/

•Seal Row (4x12) (185 for all 4 last time)
135x12
185x12
205x12x2
185x12

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Everything is getting better and stronger for you, J! Look at that frontsquat, 100kg for 8 reps with several left on the tank. Making good progress back man.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 3

•Comp BP (x1@~80%, 200x3x8 EMOM)
45/95x10
135x8
185x6
225x3
245x1
265x1 (actually ~78%)
200x3x8

•CG NG Viper bar Press (180x3x5 EMOM)
110x5
150x5
180x3x5

•1/2 kneeling cable pronating row (5x8)
75x8
80x8
85x8x3

Ss/

•Cable Lateral Raise (3x10)
20x10x3

•Bar Cable Pushdown (3x10)
70x10
75x10x2

Ss/

•Duffin UR Row (3x10)
53x10x3

Nothing too exciting to report. Another day, another drop in the bucket. I did decide to work up to 80% as next week is a deload and its damn near a 2 week bench deload with the DE day the week before the deload. 80% for a single doesnt really add much to the total fatigue, if any.