Jswain's training log for powerlifting

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope the knee feels better ASAP.
Ankle is more sore than anything honestly. Shouldn't change much with pulls but fronts we'll have to see.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 2 day 2

Wu:
Dyn
Hangs
Sled drag 70lb x5m

•Conv DL ([email protected]; 85%x4x2)
Shovel dead: 45 on one side x8 each side
135/185/225/285/315/365x5
(+ belt)
405x4 (1st doh, last strong mixed)
(+ straps)
455x3
[email protected] -> cleaner than the last triple i had at this weight (same week, last cycle). I didnt go up bc i was starting to run short on time and I honestly i had to get myself pretty amped for this set. Like if comp amped level is @10, this was at about 8.5. I usually like to stick around 7. Getting a little carried away with RPE here but i think it illustrates the point well lol.
[email protected]/
First 2 doh, 2nd 2 str mix first set weak second

•2 ct paused Front Squat (Axle) (4x4-6@75-85%) ([email protected] = 85%)
55/105/145x5
(+ loose belt)
195x5
[email protected] (tried it with straps around the bar like mike T does it, still had some issues with it rolling on me).
[email protected], more about my ability to maintain position and not have the bar roll on me. I was using my bis to support this on the last 2 reps. Had legs left just couldnt maintain position. Which means i need to do these for a good minute.

235x4@7 -> had to re-rack after the second one. Maybe the axle was a bad idea. I have a really prominent SC jt on the right side and the straight bar rides that thing and its sore as **** for 3-4 days after doing fronts, but i can at least keep the bar still enough to do a set.

235x2 dump, fail cleaning it, dump, unloaded, re-pin, re-load, x2. Lol quite the set.

•box cable iso row
65 each hand x10x3

Ss/

•Kb swing
53lb x12x2

Didnt have enough time to set up seal rows or do 5 full sets of any row variety. Just hurried through these and got out. Dunno where time went this morning, I thought i left myself more than ample time for this session.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Squatting with the axle doesn’t really do anything good in my experience. Hard enough to balance a barbell in the front rack lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Squatting with the axle doesn’t really do anything good in my experience. Hard enough to balance a barbell in the front rack lol
Learned that the hard way today lol. Seemed like a good idea on paper to help distribute the force over a larger area vs just over the area right around my right SC, but in reality it sucked worse. Although i guess i will say my sc joint feels fine right now lol.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering the above, that top set didnt really answer my question/goal of establishing a truer sense of what my e1rm really is on that life. I finally just got a second to work it out and it actually works out to being 305 which is even less than the 315 I initially programmed it as. So, I guess ill just keep it the same at 315 for now.

On another note, neither my ankle or knee was a problem today. Was actually very surprised how good it felt when i woke up this morning. It was decently sore last night before bed so i popped 400mg of Ibuprofen before passing out and when i woke up this morning the soreness was basically gone. Still minimal tenderness when i press over the anterior ankle but nothing medially or laterally where it typically would be with a classic "ankle sprain", nothing over the foot either. So it looks like it just flared up for a few hours initially after the insult but everything should he good to go going forward. Got lucky.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 2 day 3

WU:
Dyn
Donnie shoulder series
Band x raise & ERs

•Comp Bp (200-250x8-12x3-4)
45/95/135/175x5
(90s rest b/t sets)
205x10,
[email protected],
[email protected],
x8@10

•Spoto (190-235x8-12x2-3)
(90s rest b/t sets)
[email protected]
x8@9
x8@10

•Seal row (5x10)
185x10x5

Ss/

•Hanging leg raise (3x12)
x12x3

•Lateral raise partial (cable) (3x12)
30x12x3

Ss/

•Vbar pushdown (3x12)
170x12x2
Rope: 170x12

Aaaaand rep day murders me again lol. Fack. I just hit an absolute wall. The going is good until it aint, and it doesnt take long before it aint. Definitely need to train my glycolytic energy system more. Top end strength with the ATP-CP system (wont lie, had to look this one up) is pretty efficient as I can generally maintain top end strength for repeated efforts as long as I have ample restoration periods. But, man, gimme a set that lasts over 15s and im fuggin toast, on upper anyway.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those rest times tho
I was dying. Had to make this one quick though bc i had a standardized patient exam this morning.

Had some nervous energy going after i just finished my charting from that so I banged out a quick "mini workout".

Db NG Floor Press
52.5x40x2

Ss/

Curl
1 set hammer curl w/ 30lb x20
1 set sup curl w/ 25lb x15

Will probably do some band pull aparts, and maybe band extensions while watching tv tonight.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ATPoS SM + PL program C2 W2d4

Warmup:
Dyn stretch
Band pallof w/ face press: mini x3 sets of 3 reps (each rep is 5s in front of belly, 5s in front of face, 5s in front of belly, then against belly for 5s and then onto the next rep)
Bulgarian split squat: unil load contralateral hand w/ 35lbs x10x2
Hammer curl: 25x15
Band pull apart: mini x10x2 w/ 3s hold in retraction

•2.25" sumo block pull
135/185/225/275/315x5
365x3
(+belt)
410x6
455x6 (misload, supposed to be 465 per program but i would have taken this as my next weight if i were picking them myself so whatever)
495x6+ --> [email protected]

Felt pretty weak on these last week. Slightly better this week so im assuming i reduced some fatigue from that 500 amrap 2 weeks ago. Kept it to a moderate rpe today, around 7.5.

•suitcase carry
70x 60ft marches x2 each hand.
110x 60ft slow walk x1 each hand
Belt
Right hand: 130x 2 down & backs (240ft) - first length i held it and tried to turn myself around which burned a lot of time with the turn itself and then stabilizing the weight once i finished the 180. The rest of the time i just dropped it and re-picked.
Left hand: matched the right. I could definitely feel my left obliques/QL fatiguing way more than my right was. I have also found that it is way harder for me to do side planks on my left side than right. So definitely some signs of an imbalance there.

•Sandbag load over upper sternum height bar (measured finally- 59") (max trip)
100x4
150x3
(+ belt)
150x1
200x3 @ 9.5 rpe. Failed the second rep but repicked it got a better over the top position on it and loaded it then hit one more to finish the set.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m scared to do suitcase carries and find out I have an imbalance
Thats how I was for months haha. It's most likely inevitable, and better to address it. Ignorance probably isnt bliss in this case, at least thats what finally got me to do them.

C2 W3d1

•Log C&P (up to 3rm, cleaning first only)
(Last cycle: 205x2 failed 3rd rep)
70/100/130x5 + some random amount of just leg drives popping it off my chest.
130x3
155x3
180x3
[email protected]
220x3@100 (video)

•Fb bar ng bp
195x5
225x3
250x1+ --> [email protected]

•Ring pull up
(90s between sets)
Bw x8x3 (pron grip)
Bw x5, 4 (NG into sup grip)

Dante "sissy Ring pull up" with feet out in front on a box
x6

•Fb bar rolling tri ext on floor
75x10
85x10x2
Last set straight into close neutral grip floor press 85x10

Ss/

•Fb bar viper position curl
75x10x2
85x10

Content with that top triple, for how shitty my technique felt i am actually happy that I was able to get all the reps. It was about the ugliest feeling split jerk push press hybrid thing ever but the weight went above my head and I didnt get hurt so its a win for the day in my book. Left front delt pec tie in had a dull ache in it since waking up all morning and I couldnt really get it to go away. If this week's bench were anything but a speed day i would have taken a day or two extra to let it chill out, but it shouldnt be a big deal with speed day. My next rotation is 2 hours away on the seacoast of Mass. Gonna drive down 2 mornings a week (Mon, Thurs) and crash overnight those nights then drive back the following night. I'm looking to try and find a decent gym to train at down in that area on either Tues or Fri mornings and will train back up here on Wed, Sat, Sun.

Edit: got a video of the top set on log. Too bad i didnt stay in the frame on the last set.

Last edited:
dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your log C@P is pretty strong. Looks like a very awkward thing to do.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your log C@P is pretty strong. Looks like a very awkward thing to do.
If you watch a video of someone that doesn't have shît technique on the press it doesnt look quite as awkward lol. It isn't necessarily a "comfortable" lift because you have a 10"-12" log sitting on your upper chest, but it doesn't always look so uncoordinated.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This morning I got in a 25 m brisk walk w/ bow tie on - 1 2/3 miles @ ~ 15m/mile pace.

Edit: "glamped" in this tent off airbnb tonight. Did some high rep tri band work and 3x10 light band pull aparts with a 3 second hold in retraction. Tri work was:
Mini x50 supinated grip straight into x50 neutral grip straight into x50 overhead in pronated and supinated grip.

After tossing around some ideas on where i could train tomorrow i decided to just go for a nice walk in the AM and save pulls for Wed back at the home gym.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work! What area specifically in MA?

TPS Malden is a serious strength gym just north of Boston. I think Nick Cambi trains there. This is the natty 231 pro that can split jerk a 405 axle I mentioned before. Owner writes for EliteFTS.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats about 45 mins southwest of me towards the city. Im on the border of NH and MA in a town called Newburyport. Ritzy coastal town...nice in the summer but i can already tell id never wanna live here.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trx rear delt fly x12x3
Band pallof w/ face hold (5s each spot) mini + micro x3x3
Treadmill walk @3.0mph x20m.

My soul died a little bit today. I signed up at a Planet Fitness. Mainly because I needed a place to shower. Ended up being cheaper to sign up for their "black" membership which is the one that includes the massage chairs and hydromassage. Ended up being 22$ for the month as long as i cancel before July 10th at which point i get charged another 40$ for the annual fee. Lol what a fuggin scam for a hamster wheel galore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trx rear delt fly x12x3

My soul died a little bit today. I signed up at a Planet Fitness. Mainly because I needed a place to shower. Ended up being cheaper to sign up for their "black" membership which is the one that includes the massage chairs and hydromassage. Ended up being 22$ for the month as long as i cancel before July 10th at which point i get charged another 40$ for the annual fee. Lol what a fuggin scam for a hamster wheel galore.
Well, you can do a lot of accessories there. And there’s air conditioning. You just can’t get strong per se. But you can stay strong.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trx rear delt fly x12x3

If you don’t end up getting sirened/booted near the end of your contract I will be disappointed.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 2

•conv deadlift (320-405x6-10x3-4)
135/185/225x some number
225x7
320x10 belt less (8 doh, 1 each mixed)
(+ belt)
370x10 (5 doh, 3 hook, 2 weak mixed)
405x8
[email protected]

•2 ct pause Front squat (175-220x8-12x2-3)
45/95/135x8 (+ loose belt on 135)
(+ doubled mini wrapped just below knees)
175x8x3

•Straight leg GHR (3x10)
Bwx10x3

Ss/

•Seal row (4x12)
(Beat 185x12x4)
135x12 wu
185x12
195x12
185x12x2

•Dyn db deadlift w/ pro light around hips
50lb x20 (half pick up db half dont) x3

Ss/

•Slider plank
5s out/5s in x5 for 2 sets

All i know is thank god next week is a deload. Energy was just zapped today. Could have been from the **** sleep i got 2 nights ago but its also been a bit since my deload since i skipped the deload after the last cycle. My hams and glutes felt fatigued just going through warmups. Strength has felt subjectively zapped for 3 sessions now despite setting that PR log press last session. Just have to finish off a light upper day come Friday then I'll likely cap my 1+ 530 sumo block pull amrap on Saturday @7.5-8. The sandbag loads is the cardio week with a light bag for 10 doubles w/ 30s rest so that works out well.

Once I switch to sumos for my comp pulls im going to have to figure something out with conv. I need to come up with a way to keep them in the program and let me continue work on them but also not build up fatigue too fast. As of now im thinking a dynamic effort style day w/ block pulls vs bands. Like 10-15x1@50% vs doubled over minis or something along those lines that helps me hammer lock out and my wedge at my weak point. I think that could work out nicely. I know i wont be able to withstand the 8/6/3 programming like i was doing with sumo blocks so i need to do some reading on ways to wave them. Could just do 10x1 first week, 12x1 2nd week, 15x1 3rd week then reset after the deload. I'll figure something out.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, you can do a lot of accessories there. And there’s air conditioning. You just can’t get strong per se. But you can stay strong.
No doubt. It isnt THAT bad if all you wanna do is rip some cable stations and dbs up to 60lbs, do some bw training, and cardio. Anyone could get into well above average shape that way, so I do appreciate PF in the fact that it makes gyms "more accessible" to people who otherwise may be too intimidated. From a public health standpoint i like it, from the standpoint of someone who actually lifts with a barbell I hate the place.

If you don’t end up getting sirened/booted near the end of your contract I will be disappointed.
Bonus points if you can set it off with a fart
Lol. Alright, ill see what kind of ruckus i can stir up.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 3 day 3

Got one of the xfit trainers (the one that ive previously mentioned who has offered me little tidbits of feedback every now and again) to abandon the weekly metcon workout and sub in a 5x5 day for pause squats, deads, and bench. He said my last session inspired him to throw in more strength oriented work. A Xfitter may have been saved on this day - just doing God's work people.

•Comp bench (205x3x8 EMOM)
45/95/135/175x5
205x3x8 EMOM

•Spoto (185x3x5 EMOM)
185x3x5 EMOM straight off the comp sets.

•standing Neutral wide grip cable row (5x8)
200x8x5 -> pause at chest

Ss/

•Supinated grip tri ext (3x10)
110x10
120x10x2

•Cable lateral raise
30x15x3

•Fly (3x15)
110x15 (on machine, it isnt iso and my left pec dominates so i switched to cables)
Cable, incline: 30 each arm x15x2

Ss/

•Eagle curl machine (3x10)
70x10
90x10
85x10

•duffin ur row
35lbx10x3

Bench didnt move as fast or feel as light i was wanting it to. I have an issue really getting my leg drive going with much under 80%, and even then it still isnt where it used to be. Things just feel a little out of whack. Just gonna keep putting in the work and adding another drop in the bucket day after day.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You’re supposed to move into a deload now anyway correct?
Tomorrow is the last session before the deload starts Sunday. Gonna keep the 530 1+ block pull to a double, triple max. Then suitcase carries and a light bag over the bar for 10 doubles with 30s rest. Once i clear that sumo pull the light at the end of the tunnel will be much closer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow is the last session before the deload starts Sunday. Gonna keep the 530 1+ block pull to a double, triple max. Then suitcase carries and a light bag over the bar for 10 doubles with 30s rest. Once i clear that sumo pull the light at the end of the tunnel will be much closer.
IMG_2377.JPG

Sometimes it really do be like that...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 3 day 4

•Sumo 2.25" block pull
135/185/225/275/335x5
385x3
(+ belt)
440x8 (straps)
495x6 (straps)
530x3+ --> x5@8 (hook)

•suitcase carry
110x50 ft x5 each hand, 60s rest between each down-back.

1st set: high knee marches
2-4: upside down implement for more grip training (about the same thickness as fat gripz)
5th set: regular grip.
2-5: all just slow walks focusing on trying to maintain a neutral pelvis step for step.

•Sandbag load over yoke xbar (went 1 notch higher today so ~60-61 inches)
150x2x10 w/ 30s rest b/t sets - woof. That'll sure get your heart pumpin'.

Sooo...for some reason yesterday when I was talking about my upcoming deadlift set i had the notion in my mind that I was doing 5/3/1 and not 8/6/3 for some odd reason. So I hit the 530 for 5. Part of me wanted to keep going but the smarter part of me knew that was a dumb move. That was likely a block pull PR just by default because i dont think ive ever done block pulls for anything more than a triple in peaking phases.

I was thinking more on my plan going forward for this day, most notably when I switch primary deadlift stances. I am thinking I'll start with Conv block pulls for x5@6-7 with repeats to @8-9, then do Zercher squats to a low box for 3x8-12, then finish off with some loaded carry variation - maybe alternating suitcase and farmers each week. I feel like as much as I enjoy loading, i dont NEED to practice it at this point and getting stronger in my lower body and core should be a bigger priority as this will carry over to literally any event. But, thats just a preliminary plan that I extremely loosely put together yesterday - so its still a very fluid thing with me toying with different ideas.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 4 day 1 deload @ planet fitness

Wu:
Treadmill walk

•Standing OH Db OP
50x5
65x3x3

•Bw dips:
x8x2

•Lat pulldown (3x10)
Edit: did wide grip pull ups instead
Bw x7@7, 7, 7

•Tri band complex
Mini band
x50 udhd
x50 ng
x50 overhead

•kb handle Hammer curl (2x10)
30x10

Ss/

•Choked band pull apart
Light x15x3

•Thoracic mobilization
A tiny amount probably not enough to do anything.

•Pallof with face press
Monster mini x3x3
•Stair master
x10m

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deload rehab/prehab:

Treadmill walk 3mph x7 min
Rusin pull apart: 2x20
Mcgill big 3: x8/6/4

Bench T spine mobs: 2x1m
Ss/
Tall kneeling trx fall out:1x8
&
Back to wall shoulder flexion: 2x10

Dead bug banded: 2x8 per side

Ss/

•Db lunge w/ Contralateral load
30lb x10x2 each leg

Stair climber: 15m
Level 4 x5m
Level 5 x5m
Level 6 x2m (hr getting >155)
Level 4 x3m

Wanted to test out the "hydromassager" but ran out of time. Rats - wasted session now. I did get my loan check in today, so gonna pick up those cerberus elbow sleeves. Still not certain which ones though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Black neoprene for general use, reds for maximum general assistance. Ply for 1-3RM on log, cdb, Viking, or press out of rack. But you won’t be able to wear it between sets or clean an axle in ply. It’s strictly a top-end performance enhancer. Jessica likes them for squatting.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was pretty much stuck between the black and red neoprenes. I dont really need them for general use i dont think, I'll probably go with the reds and just use them for top sets.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 4 day 2 - deload

Everything beltless. I did use my soft neoprene "belt" on the front rack holds but that dont count.

•Conv DL
135/185/225/275x3x3

•2ct pause front squat
45/95/135 - barbell
185x3x3 reverse ssb

•front squat hold w/ reverse ssb
275x15sx3

•Seal row (2x15)
135x15
185x1
215x1
245x1
275x1@6
135x15

•Straight leg ghr
Bw x10x3 (the last 3-4 each set probably looked like a dog without its hindlegs trying to jump onto a couch). Fuk these suck.

Ss/

•Rolling planks (feet on sliders)
Bw x5 in/5out x3x3

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I bought those red cerberus sleeves and their version of the hip circle. Got the notification that it shipped about 15 mins ago. Probably wont be here for this week's log AMRAP pressing (id be impressed if they get here by Saturday night) but will absolutely have them by the time the next max day comes around.

Edit: I'll be damned. I just saw the tracking info and Cerberus is out of Nashua, NH which is 1hr 20 m SSE of me. I damn well may have them by Sunday - neat.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bought those red cerberus sleeves and their version of the hip circle. Got the notification that it shipped about 15 mins ago. Probably wont be here for this week's log AMRAP pressing (id be impressed if they get here by Saturday night) but will absolutely have them by the time the next max day comes around.

Edit: I'll be damned. I just saw the tracking info and Cerberus is out of Nashua, NH which is 1hr 20 m SSE of me. I damn well may have them by Sunday - neat.
Awesome! Excited to see what you think of them. I finally have to wash my blacks for the first time; they are getting the gear funk bad.

I’ve seen Clint Darden and his training partners pretty much staying in the reds so I bet they’re still very comfy as long as the size is right. I think they’re mainly just illegal for powerlifting due to length (knee sleeves).

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 4 day 3 deload

7m treadmill walk @2.5mph

•Wide, pron grip cable row (3x10)
50x10 wu
90x10x3

•Db inc bp (visual approx of 25-30 degree incline)
(60s rest)
55x10 wu
75x3x3

•Db inc bp w/ neutral grip (same incline)
(60s rest)
75x3x2

Both above ss/ with db donkey calves for something to do between sets
75 each leg x15x5

•unil ng rope cable pushdown
27.5x10x2

Ss/

•Rusin pull-aparts
Monster mini x15x3

•Hammer curl
20x30x2

Ss/

•Tri hold pallof (5s each spot)
Mini + micro mini x3 reps x3 sets

20m treadmill walk @2.5mph

Deload complete. Body still doesnt feel quite recovered. I shouldnt of done those damn ghr things last session as my hams and adductors for some reason are sore. Log Sunday regardless.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome! Excited to see what you think of them. I finally have to wash my blacks for the first time; they are getting the gear funk bad.

I’ve seen Clint Darden and his training partners pretty much staying in the reds so I bet they’re still very comfy as long as the size is right. I think they’re mainly just illegal for powerlifting due to length (knee sleeves).
Id be happy with some warmth and like 5-10 lbs which i think are fairly low expectations. Mannn...i hear that. I havent washed my rehband knee sleeves in i dont even know how long. Lets just put it this way - ive washed them once in the 4 years Ive owned them. Lol that is fuggin nasty now that i think about it. Still aint washing em.

My sizing was right between the XLs and XXLs. If i was shooting for max poundage now i wouldve got the XLs but i got the XXLs as i figured this would give me room to grow these tiny bis and also maybe provide some motivation to do so.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Id be happy with some warmth and like 5-10 lbs which i think are fairly low expectations. Mannn...i hear that. I havent washed my rehband knee sleeves in i dont even know how long. Lets just put it this way - ive washed them once in the 4 years Ive owned them. Lol that is fuggin nasty now that i think about it. Still aint washing em.

My sizing was right between the XLs and XXLs. If i was shooting for max poundage now i wouldve got the XLs but i got the XXLs as i figured this would give me room to grow these tiny bis and also maybe provide some motivation to do so.
My black Cerberus are 2XL - I ordered XL originally and had to send them back they were so tight. You would have never fit in XL!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s lots of stored power in those stanky knee sleeves. Never surrender!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Contrast therapy:
Hot x5mx4
Cold x3mx3

Banded dead bugs
x10/8/8 each leg

Bird dog (Mcgill style holds)
x5 each side x2

Rusin reverse hyper on bosu & bench
x15x2

Feeling great. Ready to go for tomorrow.

My black Cerberus are 2XL - I ordered XL originally and had to send them back they were so tight. You would have never fit in XL!
You're absolutely correct. Tried them on last night and they were quite snug as is. XLs woulda been way too much of a hassle to fuss with.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 Week 5 day 1

•Log c&p
70/100/130x5 presses + 5 leg drive pop offs
(+ belt)
160x5 (clean 1st 2 - strict)
180x4 (clean 1st 2 reps - first 2 strict, 2nd 2 push press)
(Push press here on, cleaning every rep)
[email protected]/8/9.5 (first set no elbow sleeves, last 2 w/ sleeves)
195xAMRAP in 60s (clean every rep) -> x5 (@8 on the press)

Notes: fuk. The last clean on those x4 sets got fukkin tough. During the rest period before the last set i was really trying to talk myself into just cleaning the first rep only. Video is of the @9.5 set of x4.

•NG bp on viper bar (apparently this is what the bar I've been using is called, not a fb bar)
55/105/145
175x5
205x5
235x5+ -> x6@9

•Pull up (ng into sup) (5x12)
Bw (231) x10, 8, 6, 6, 6

(Make up reps w/ "Trudel pull up")
2 sets of 7

Ss/

•Williams ext (3x15)
30x15x3

And/

•ohd mini band ext with sup grip
mini x25x2

•Cable fly (incline) (3x15)
xxx nope xxx

Ss/

Ss/

•Rusin pull apart (3x15 - 2x15 during warmups)
Mini band x15x3 here, 2x15 during warmups.

Ss/

•standing spider curl (3x15)
20x15x3

Good session with appropriate, if not a ltad too much, difficulty on the pressing. Good to be back. Everything went great with the sleeves - definitely did feel that minor boost in explosiveness off the chest on the initial portion of the press. They fit great, any more bulkiness and thered be too much material, but they are pretty much perfect in that regard imo. Felt my tri tendon sort of pulling on the williams extensions so i kept them pretty light. I figure i couldve gone 35 maybe 40s but ill work up to that gradually as tendon adaptation occurs. Im not going to taper accessory volume as much as i did last go around.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got dayum! Licis won WSM. I thought hed be a year or more down the line yet. Good for him.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 5 rehab/prehab day

•Treadmill walk: 2.5mph x10m

•Pec major release (lax ball)
90s moving shoulder through extension/flexion

•Pec minor release (lax ball)
90s moving shoulder through horizontal abduction /adduction and into scaption.

•Bottoms up kb press (1/2 kneeling) (3x10)
20lb x10
15lb x10
20lb x10

Ss/

•Rusin pull apart (3x15)
Monster mini x15x3

•1/2 kneeling pallof tri-stop (3x3 w/ 5ct hold each spot)
Monster mini x3x3

Ss/

•Cerberus hip band glute bridge
3x10 w/ 3s hold at top.

•Standing cable curl (3x15)
32.5 (kg???) x15
37.5x15
42.5x15

Ss/

•band extension
1. Mini band x 50 (Underhand (sup) grip about half way up band)
2. Mini band x50 (Overhead NG) x2

Treadmill walk: 10m @2.5mph

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got dayum! Licis won WSM. I thought hed be a year or more down the line yet. Good for him.
Yeah he did take 2nd at the Arnold Pro. When Thor got injured I knew he had a good shot. So did Mateusz, who took 2nd. Janashia would have as well if he hadn’t gotten injured badly in the press medley.

I felt bad for Shaw missing out again, but he did pretty good considering his torn hammy at the Arnold in March and all the YouTube crap and business stuff he’s been focusing on.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True. I kind of just assumed he was able to get into the second spot bc Shaw injured his hammy. But, maybe i took too much from him as it appears Shaw may be fading some, although it has only been 2 comps so who knows. He still may not have been fully recovered from the hammy injury.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
C2 W5 d2

Dyn stretch
Dead bug vs monster mini: 2x10 per side
Feet elevated glute bridge vs Cerberus hip halo (3ct pause top of each rep): 2x10
RFESS: BW x8x2 with brief pause at bottom

•Conv dl
(DE - 30s rest between sets)
135/185/225/275x5
315x2
(+ belt)
345x2x10

•2ct pause front squat (Duffalo)
(DE - 60s rest between sets)
55/105/145/175x5
(+ belt)
175x3
205x3x6

•Seal Row (5x8)
135x8
175x8
^done ss/ with front squat warmups
215x8
235x8
(^ ring on ring)
215x8x3 (pointer on ring)

Ss/

•GHR (3x12)
Bw vs MM x12x3

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
True. I kind of just assumed he was able to get into the second spot bc Shaw injured his hammy. But, maybe i took too much from him as it appears Shaw may be fading some, although it has only been 2 comps so who knows. He still may not have been fully recovered from the hammy injury.
Honestly the finals were pretty tight. All the guys finished the loading race & Press Medley - those came down to speed. Shaw took 2nd on squat with 8 reps with what I was told was 340kg/740lbs (it’s been 320/705 in years past often), so Martins did 9 & shut it down. Then Shaw honestly **** the bed for some reason on the deadlift hold (should have been his best event) and was quite fast on stones - but 4 guys were a few seconds faster.

I think his size, age, and injuries are slowing him down just enough it’s costing him seconds and thus placing in all the events. All of the top guys can lift all of the weights at World’s now, so transition speeds matter more. He’s much better built for the Arnold at this point now that he’s not as athletic as he was when younger.