• RockStar
Stupid thing double posted again

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everything is getting better and stronger for you, J! Look at that frontsquat, 100kg for 8 reps with several left on the tank. Making good progress back man.
The next goal (back to where I was) still feels eons away, but youre right no doubt. I’m making forward progress slowly but surely.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WHY do I keep double posting. For real.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WHY do I keep double posting. For real.
Anytime it is taking a long time to load after a post, don't try to resend it. Just hit 'back' and close out of the post option. When you refresh the page, you should see that it did post the first time even though it didn't confirm it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The next goal (back to where I was) still feels eons away, but youre right no doubt. I’m making forward progress slowly but surely.
You’re probably only about a 16-week training cycle of pushing away from it, honestly.

I know it’s easier said than done though.

Anytime it is taking a long time to load after a post, don't try to resend it. Just hit 'back' and close out of the post option. When you refresh the page, you should see that it did post the first time even though it didn't confirm it.
This is what I do.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do hit cancel. Which is why i get so damn annoyed that it still posts it. But I’m apparently still doing something wrong - although I do notice it happens a lot more when I only have 1-2 bars like skraw mentioned.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 3 day 4

Dyn stretch
Band resisted dead bug: 2x8 per leg
Monster walks 2 sets - broke one of the gym’s bands and 2 people saw, the hits are already in.
Dynamic db deadlift with band around knees: 3x6
TRX rear delt fly: x10x2
Hammer curl: 20x25x2

•2.25” conv block pull (x4@7, 5% load drop til @9)
All DOH til straps, per usual.
135/185/225x some # over 5
275x5
315x5
(+ loose belt)
365x5
(+ latched)
405x4
[email protected] (first doh, then straps)
With how last week’s 445x5 felt in terms of rounding I wanted to play it safe/conservative this week so i stayed on the lower end of the rpe scale vs pushing it and potentially overshooting by a half rpe like I usually do when I’m sort of in between on what jump to make.
(+ straps here on)
3m rest
420x4@5
3m rest
420x4@5 - i widened my stance just a hair and i have way more power off the blocks from my hip wedge. Its kind of cheating because it essentially lowers my hips a touch and gets me closer to being off the floor which is where im better from. Its actually a closer starting position to the place i had my shins lined up when i pulled 575 a couple years back.
3m rest
420x4@7
3m rest
420x@4@7

Capped. Definitely had more in me today than last week when 445x5 was @8 and then 445x4 was also at 8 the next set.

•Beltless Zercher 24” box squat (4x6)
Wu:
95/135/185/225x6
Work:
265x6
285x6
305x6
315x6

•Suitcase carry (3x50’ up to 80% comp weight)
(275x0.8 = 220)
(240x0.8 = 190)
110x50’ each arm
140x50’ “ “
(+ belt)
170x50’ “ “
200x50’ “ “ looked like a drunken pirate.
180x50’x2 “ “ a bit better but my left side cant hang when im carrying with my right arm.

•GHR (2x10)
Bw x10x2

•Rope pull through (2x15) in box
70x15x2

•(optional) Sled drag (alt bw and fw each 50’)
Nope - been here too long.

A beating of appropriate proportion today. Got a decent amount of good volume in on pulls and continue to move up in weight on Zerchers, all while doing it more “comfortably” (ie. Bracing better). Also my rib has cooperated the last 2 weeks so that also helps.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*walks in to gym, rips bands to shreds during warmups, bangs and throws plates everywhere, scaring the locals, does weird Zercher circus tricks with heavy ass weights..... then leaves. Keep it going!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Suitcase carries are going up well
That they are. Decided to push em a bit today. Still a bit aways from being able to suitcase a bw implement, but be farmers shouldnt be an issue anymore.

*walks in to gym, rips bands to shreds during warmups, bangs and throws plates everywhere, scaring the locals, does weird Zercher circus tricks with heavy ass weights..... then leaves. Keep it going!
Lol. That is probably a pretty succinct summary of how im sure a lot of people at my gym feel my sessions go.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Missed a good convo in here while I was away, sorry fellas. All i have to add to it is that sets of 500-1000 walking lunges sounds gross, somewhat ridiculous and probably unnecessary, and also quite masochistic so i get why someone would do it. I havent done a thing other than work, drive, eat, and sleep (well I guess piss **** and shower too naturally) since Monday. I did figure out that there is a small gym up there so i may use it to get in a workout next week when im up there again so i dont have to bunch them all together on the weekend like im having to this week.

Yah, i think mine all goes back to my sr year of college when the catcher who was one burly ole boy from Wyoming and I collided going for a pop up. It knocked us both clean on our asses and we were both down for 15-30s just trying to regain our senses lol. We both weighed 215-230 and were running towards each other pretty damn hard. Probably broke a rib at that time but i continued to play the rest of the year with it even though it hurt like a mfer to take a deep breath or throw. In hindsight i shouldve just taken 2 weeks off to let it heal but in the heat of my last baseball season ever i just was too damn stubborn to do that. Anyway, i tend to agree with you that it's probably something that'll happen from time to time going forward, im just hoping that if strengthen the erectors around it and the scapular retractors it may help - donno if itll work but strong erectors and retractors are a good idea for everything else anyway so may as well prioritize it and see.
Yeah, it just occurred to me that a lot of that might have to do with tightness of the chest and stuff on the front just as much as what is going on in the back.
Good session. Pleased with the top set of log - still having an issue with too much anterior knee translation vs abducting them more and generating hip power that way. I very much focus on it during my work up sets so its just one of those bad habits that rears its head as i near maximal loads. Hopefully continuing to focus on it eventually engrains the pattern and it eventually is no longer an issue. With all the technical flaws i have, theres still major room for numbers to climb.

Basically my knees are just going too far forward beyond the point on the ground where my toes are at. My heels come off the ground as my weight shifts forward over my toes. It puts a lot of stress on the tendons of the knee, even more so when log pressing. Go watch a video of a strongman that blows out their patellar tendon when they go to press a log and you’ll see why i want to avoid it lol.
I was watching Brian Alsruhe's Youtube and he was talking about a lot of people having this problem and said the easiest fix is correcting foot position. He said most people will get into a powerful squatting or deadlifting stance / foot position and that is wrong. That you want to start with your hips and feet turned out more so when you dip your legs go out to the side more than forward. Basically a toes out stance is what is needed from what he was saying. Doing it the other way made my knees uncomfortable but changing my stance there made an immediate difference. For me it was having my toes out at about 45 degrees made it feel like butter.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, it just occurred to me that a lot of that might have to do with tightness of the chest and stuff on the front just as much as what is going on in the back.

I was watching Brian Alsruhe's Youtube and he was talking about a lot of people having this problem and said the easiest fix is correcting foot position. He said most people will get into a powerful squatting or deadlifting stance / foot position and that is wrong. That you want to start with your hips and feet turned out more so when you dip your legs go out to the side more than forward. Basically a toes out stance is what is needed from what he was saying. Doing it the other way made my knees uncomfortable but changing my stance there made an immediate difference. For me it was having my toes out at about 45 degrees made it feel like butter.
It could, for sure. I do need to be better about stretching my pecs, but my a/p strength discrepancy isnt anywhere near what it used to be so I’m not super certain that plays a huge role (for me, i do agree that it could and likely would in theory).

Interesting. Makes sense. I do end up with my feet at probably a 30 degree angle as it kind of made sense to me that if you angle your knees and toes out you’ll be more likely to just keep everything spread since it will fall in line with the way your joints are aligned already, but ill push that out a little bit more next week to see how it feels.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 4 deload day 1

Dyn stretch
Band Y up and downs
Band ext
Donnie hangs

•Log C&P (just them from pins)
70x5
100x5
120x5
140x3x5 - 90 rest

•Seated NG db OP on floor without back support
25x5
40x5
50x5

Ss/

•Pull-up (3x10)
Bw x10 (8 pron grip + 2 NG)
BW x 8 NG
Bw x 8 NG into sup (chins)

•Unil Band extension mechanical drop set
Choked band - standard ext —> ohd rolling ext
Right: mini x35 —> x15 (unilateral)
Left: mini “ “ (unilateral)
Both arms: mini x30 —> 20

Ss/

•db hammer curl (2x10)
35x10

Wanted to test out those seated OPs as im beginning to brain storm more purposefully on what my BW/DB/band routine will look like when I am down in New Mexico in about 8 weeks. These should work nicely with my dbs that top out at 52.5. Im looking for a A/B/C full body routine that ill do probably 2 on 1 off 2 on 1 off and so on. I really want to build rigidity through the entire pillar so things like pallofs, db carries with a band inside of a fat grip as the handle, shoulder presses like this, glute firing with Split squats and bridges, band pull throughs, etc are all things im looking into. That six weeks of training will look much different than anything ive done since my sophomore year of college. Also seems like a good time to bro out and rip some bis to try and strengthen these tendons.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Toss some DB Snatches and cleans from the floor in there to increase explosiveness and PC recruitment. Doing that for a bit always helps with my pulling.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It actually looks like there is a pretty nice place to train that has a variety of equipt in the town over from where ill be - about 45 mins away. Maybe ill make it over there on Saturdays to get my compound lifts in once a week.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It actually looks like there is a pretty nice place to train that has a variety of equipt in the town over from where ill be - about 45 mins away. Maybe ill make it over there on Saturdays to get my compound lifts in once a week.

Would bang

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sexy!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 4 day 2
Wu:
Dyn stretch
Goblet squat: 45x10x3

•Sumo DL (315x3x3-5)
135/185/225/275x5
315x3x4

•Front Sq (185x3x3-5)
(With reverse ssb)
55/105/145x5
165x5
185x3x3

•fat man ring row
Bw x15, 12

•yoke drags (Rogue Y-1 = 185lb) on turf without guide rope
275x 50 feet x2 (down & back each = 1)
365x “ “
455x “ “
455x 50 ft
+ guide rope
545x50ft (the rope helps a ton, until you slip on it)

Really took it easy on lower compounds today. Wedge is still **** on sumos but one of these days it’ll click again. Wanted to have some fun and drag something so i did some spur of the moment yoke pulls.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 4 day 3 - deload

Dyn stretch
Swede pull apart: mini + MM x15x3
Tall Kneeling Ring fall outs: x15x3
Band pushdown: mini x15x2

Duffalo Bench press (1@~80%, 200x3x5)
55/105/145/185/220x5
240x1
262x1 (used a 5kg plate so thats the extra 2lb)
200x3x5

Ss/

Forearm twist in extension (slow tempo)
25x20x3

NG viper bar (180x3x3)
110x5
150x5
180x3x3

Ss/

Single arm Landmine row (3x10)
45x10
70x10
90x10x3

Either going to go in for some stretching, hangs, and glute activation or just start week 5 with the log come Thursday. If i go with the former ill start up week 5 on Friday. This deload has treated me well - motivation to go in for the deload sessions has been low but motivation to get back to regular training is high.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Now that's how a deload should go Big J!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always try to keep these two pages from Scientific Principles of Strength Training front and center in my mind when it’s time for a deload week. I used to, and still do from time to time, do these exact things and say these exact phrases to myself (eg. Up volume to “get some blood flow to the area”). With this deload i told myself that if I’m not going to actually deload then don’t change your training and just keep accumulating fatigue with regular training. It doesn’t make training exciting thats for damn sure but if it’s time for a deload, actually deload. I we dont, we’re just wasting time.
IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5567.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Will print these when I get to my computer.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
“It’s a tough world, for sure.” Got ‘em!
i got a kick out of that too when I reread it before I posted it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That would be awesome, thanks!!! My email is my screen name @ gmail.
Sent it over this AM. Let me know if you didnt get it and i can try again.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W5d1

Warmup:

Dynamic stretch x3-5m
GHR: 2x15 @bw
Rusin PA: mini x15x3
Band pull through: 2x15 w/ pro light
Y raise: micro x10x3

•10” Log Clean & Press (190x4x3, 1x AMRAP in 60s)
70/100/130x5 cleaning first rep only
160x3 cleaning every rep

190x4x3 (cleaning every rep) @7.5/8/7

No sleeves/sleeves/sleeves - felt like i was damn near passing out at the top of the last rep in the first 2 sets, the last one was a little better after i looked up a juggernaut article on how to breathe better during the log press -big ass breath when the bar is in the spider position on the knees which i knew but apparently wasnt doing so getting a reminder helped.

190x5@7 on the press. Fuk Cleaning every rep my god.
(Got 195x5@8 last cycle on this week.)

•Standing strict log press off pins
120x5
140x5
160x5+ —> [email protected]

•Rocky pull ups (4x12)
Bw x12, 10, 10, 8

Make up: x8 2-3 ct eccentric lowering

Ss/

•Rolling tri ext
35x15x3

•box Cable Hammer curl (2x15)
50x15x2

Ss/

•Inc box cable fly (2x15)
25x15x2

Honestly i felt generally weak today. Not like tired weak, but like the “coming back from the flu” or “my blood sugar is dropping” weak. Yesterday was a longgg day as i worked 13 hours on the last day of EM rotation drove 2.5 hours each way. To boot I was probably underfed by about 6-700 calories. Even though i wasnt feeling 100% during the session i really wasnt far off on strength levels so im just gonna chalk it up to that.

The last 2 accessories were programmed for 3 sets but i was fukkin done. I really liked the feel of the “Rocky pull ups” - felt like it got my whole upper back more involved than just my lats like with the ring pull ups i had been doing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You like them because you looked like Rocky when you were doing them, of course ♂

You know, 2 McDoubles is 48g protein and about 700 calories...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I left the hospital at 830 and didnt pass a McDonalds on my way home until 10 and it was closed. If you saw where I was in NH this last 5 weeks your understand. 2 lane back roads for an hour and 30 minutes until you get to the highway. “Watch for Moose” signs every 10 miles essentially the whole drive to the highway. Just wanted to get home. But, you’re right. I shouldve figured something out - and now I’m craving mcdoubles.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I left the hospital at 830 and didnt pass a McDonalds on my way home until 10 and it was closed. If you saw where I was in NH this last 5 weeks your understand. 2 lane back roads for an hour and 30 minutes until you get to the highway. “Watch for Moose” signs every 10 miles essentially the whole drive to the highway. Just wanted to get home. But, you’re right. I shouldve figured something out - and now I’m craving mcdoubles.
Lol yeah that is seriously remote; might need to start keeping trailmix and jerky in the car or something.

Double McDoubles is my go-to on the road pick me up. It’s not good or good for you, but it’s good enough and available around the country, & they’re warm, fast, & cheap. And not too filling, so they help you make up lost ground.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here’s what ya do:
Hot n spicy chicken, add cheese, add Big Mac sauce.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol yeah that is seriously remote; might need to start keeping trailmix and jerky in the car or something.

Double McDoubles is my go-to on the road pick me up. It’s not good or good for you, but it’s good enough and available around the country, & they’re warm, fast, & cheap. And not too filling, so they help you make up lost ground.
It sure was. An absolutely beautiful drive though, truly a great way to start your morning. Very peaceful. Here’s a poor quality pic i snapped on my drive home one night.
IMG_5497.JPG

And here is the only moose I have seen since i moved up here. Youd think they were as common as deer in the Midwest or something with how peppered the roadsides are with warning signs telling you to watch out for them.

IMG_5515.JPG

Pretty crappy picture since it was so dark but you can still see her. Think it was a young cow but it was tough to see for sure.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I haven't had a McDonald burger in YEARS!!!! I used to love to have the Double Quarter pounders when I was hungover and needed the grease to coat my abused stomach! We have Whataburger, BK Sonic, and a plethora of other burger places I go to but most often I eat 93/7 turkey burgers now from home. I would definitely keep some snacks in the car on that journey though. I think the reaon I stopped getting burgers at McD's is they don't or didn't have a jalapeno burger. Sacrilege!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It sure was. An absolutely beautiful drive though, truly a great way to start your morning. Very peaceful. Here’s a poor quality pic i snapped on my drive home one night.
View attachment 185952

And here is the only moose I have seen since i moved up here. Youd think they were as common as deer in the Midwest or something with how peppered the roadsides are with warning signs telling you to watch out for them.

View attachment 185953

Pretty crappy picture since it was so dark but you can still see her. Think it was a young cow but it was tough to see for sure.
I wonder if it is a seasonal thing. Here you have to watch for deer but certain times of the year not ever much to look out for but other times of the year it is something you really have to be aware of.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, I haven't had a McDonald burger in YEARS!!!! I used to love to have the Double Quarter pounders when I was hungover and needed the grease to coat my abused stomach! We have Whataburger, BK Sonic, and a plethora of other burger places I go to but most often I eat 93/7 turkey burgers now from home. I would definitely keep some snacks in the car on that journey though. I think the reaon I stopped getting burgers at McD's is they don't or didn't have a jalapeno burger. Sacrilege!
Yah the last one i had was probably sometime in March after the gf and i took a quick pit stop at a brewery. We typically eat the Shadybrook brand 93/7 ground turkey when we make burgers at home too. Actually I ate 1.25lb of that for dinner last night.

I absolutely should have been better prepared. But luckily where I am going next is near Burlington VT (biggest city by population in VT) so there will be plenty of fast food shacks and other quick cheap places to get calories in from if need be.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 5 day 2

Dyn stretch
GHR: 2x10 (bw)
Band pull apart: 2x15 (some green band from gym)
Cable pull through: 2x15 (70, 75)
Cable dead bug: 2x8 per leg (35, 40)
Goblet squat: 1x10

•Sumo deadlift (360x2x10 EMOM)
135/185/225/275x5
325x3
365x2x10 EMOM

Not engaging my lats for **** and I’m creating my wedge with my lumbar more than my hips - need to start hitting hip mobility more especially opening up my adductors.

•Front Squat (75-90%x3-5x3)
45/95/135/175x5
215x5
(+ belt)
245x3
(My buddy from school came over and started shooting the **** with me for probably 10-15 minutes. Took me out of the zone mentally and muscles started cooling down. I almost hit 245 again but decided to just go straight to the 275).
275x3@8
300x3@9
275x5@8

Pumped about being back to hitting 300 for reps. Things are looking up.

•RFESS (4x12)
55 lbs each hand x12x4 - cardio murder

Ss/

•Seal Row (5x10) —> did pendlays off blocks instead bc some guy was using the bench i have to use for seals.
135x10
185x10
195x10x3
185x10

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat. Aka Bulgarian Split Squat or “BSS”. Im lazy and abbreviate anything i can.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 5 day 3

Dyn stretch
Swede pull-apart: Mini x Monster Mini x15x3
GHR: bw x15x3

•Comp bp (3rm, 90% of 3rm x4x2)
45/95/135/185x5
215x5
245x3x2
[email protected]
[email protected]
Down sets
265x4x2@7/9

•Viper bar ng bench (255x1-3x3)
110/150/200x5
230x5
[email protected]
255x2@9
255x3@9

Ss/

•1/2 kneeling cable pronating row (4x12)
75x12
85x12
80x12x2

And:

•Banded Dead Bug
Monster mini x8 per leg x2

•Duffin UR row (3x15)
35lbx15x3

Ss/

•box cables overhead Tri ext (3x15)
80x15
75x12 -drop—> 70x3

Myoset for last set:
80x8 -10s—> x2 ****. Went a little too heavy for the first cluster.

Notes: Fukking bench can suck it. Had to squeeze this one in between my big benchmark test at the “close to half way point” through clinical rotations and an advising appointment i have this afternoon. Shouldve gone for 300 for the top set but i didnt wanna miss and it wasnt a pr or even close to being one for that matter so i just took what i knew id have but would still be difficult for the desired training effect.

Edit: forgot a set of viper bp

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wu:
Dyn stretch
Ghr: 3 sets of 12
Rope pull through: 75x20x2
Standing ab curl: pro light x20x2

•Conv 4.75” Block pulls (x5@7, rep drop to @8)
(Whole shin in knurled section and ring finger on inner ring)
135/185/225/275/315/365x5
(+ belt)
405x5 (1st 3 doh, then hook)
(+ straps)
455x5@5
[email protected]
Drop
495x4@7
495x4@8

•Zercher box squats (3x10)
135/185/225x10
265x10x3

My buddy from school came down again. I was running short on time before lectures today and this just put a nail in the coffin on suitcase carries. I’m gonna try to come in and do them tomorrow maybe with some hangs and contrast therapy depending on time.

Also, I am apparently a terrible approximater of height because i only added a thin rubber mat to what I had been pulling from. I brought a measuring tape today and the blocks i had been pulling from were 4-4.25”.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didnt make it in this morning and wont make it tonight either. Guess no suitcase carries this week. I did some standing oblique crunches with 52.5lb dbs x15x3 over lunch to try and simulate it the best as possible. At least it makes me feel like i did something for it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yah the last one i had was probably sometime in March after the gf and i took a quick pit stop at a brewery. We typically eat the Shadybrook brand 93/7 ground turkey when we make burgers at home too. Actually I ate 1.25lb of that for dinner last night.

I absolutely should have been better prepared. But luckily where I am going next is near Burlington VT (biggest city by population in VT) so there will be plenty of fast food shacks and other quick cheap places to get calories in from if need be.
My favorite go to fast food meal with good nutrition is Wendy's, 2 large chilis add 1 or 2 chopped up grilled chicken breast @2.50 a piece and if post workout a baked potato or two then I just tell them to give me a large salad container and mix it all up... Delicious and very nutritious! Just the 2 chilis with one chicken breast is like 62p, 46c w/16g of fiber, and 18 grams of fat. A second grilled chicken breast adds another 26g of protein and 6g of fat. Add in a couple potatoes, or a potato and a frosty post workout and it is still a pretty low fat meal because frosty's are not too high in fat, only 8 grams for a medium with 70g of carbs...

That or I will just double up the meat by getting chicken and fajita beef in each on the power cantina bowl at Tacobell and drop the sour cream, and or avocado if trying to keep fats reasonable. If post workout I have two of them... :)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How ya liking the warmup GHR?
Works out great. Gets the whole PC firing and also adds in a little extra hammy volume thats been lacking from my training. I liked your idea of using accessories for warmup so that way if i run out of time towards the tail end I know i got in some accessory volume already. I’ll never allow myself to miss out on compound volume so if i knock the lame stuff out first and get warmed up off it its a win win.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Week 6 day 1

Wu:
Dyn stretch

GHR: BW x15, 12, 12
Ss/
Swede pull apart: mini + monster mini x15x3

Rope pull through: 80x20x2
Ss/
Band Y raise: micro x15x2

Standing ab crunch: avg band x15

•10” log clean and push press (150x3x6 - supposed to be EMOM, did 60-90s rest)
(No sleeves)
70x5
100x5
130x3 - cleaning every rep from lap not floor
(Clean every rep - sucks but skill practice is important)
(+ loose belt, wrist wraps)
150x3x6 edit: i did stay a lot closer to 60s rest aside from one set where a guy started talking to me about why I use a log instead of a barbell. Great question - thanks for interrupting my clean ever rep emom torture, pal.

* Standing strict log press off pins
130x3
150x3
170x7@10 w/ 5ct hold at top

Ss/

•Rocky pull up
Bw x10, 10, 8, 8

Ss/

* Kneeling band crunch: avg x15, 15, 15

•Band rope extension
Monster mini doubled over pullup bar
x15 standing
x10 —> x5 overhead 1/2 kneeling

Ss/

•Hammer curl
20x20
30x12

Set a timer for an hour and this is what i got done from warmup to the last set of hammer curls.

Last edited: