• RockStar
Week 2 day 2 accessories

WU:
Dyn stretch
Band distracted hip flexor stretch
GHR: 2x15
Cable squat: 2x15
Rusin PAs: Mini x20x2

•Front foot elevated (~3”) Bw lunge (3-5x10)
70x10
100x10
+ PNF w/ micro mini - pulling working leg into adduction
100x10
120x10

•Meadows Row (4x12)
100x12x|||
75 lbs Vs quadded micro x12 - this was a little too light in the stretch but just right up top. Thinking a little more straight weight vs only a doubled micro would be best.

Finally decided to ask about maybe purchasing some equipt from the box before i move in ~6 weeks. I specifically asked about the yoke which i very rarely see anyone use but the guy i talked to seemed to think itd be tough for them to part with it. He said something about the old shitty ssb but if they are asking much more than 30-50$ for it (it is beat to absolute ****) i wont get it since i want to get a transformer bar at some point. Really wanted that yoke as I was going to buy some J cups and spotter arms from rogue and have it double as my power rack. Also asked about some iron minds sandbags and some rogue attachable mono arms they have but those are apparently some guy’s who has left them here for years and also not been seen at the gym at the same time. Might see if anyone has his contact info and try to get the sandbags off him, dont really care much about the mono arms.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mmmmm, transformer bars are soooo sexy, I’m going mad without one recently. I wish I would have got that instead of my duffalo to start with. Hindsight is 20/20.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fiance and i elected to forego the gym this weekend. Trying to play our part...i dont think I’m going to be able to make it very long without going though. I do have a plethora of resistance bands and dbs up to 52.5 lbs at home so if worst comes to worst i can get creative and use those. With that said, I’ll very likely be going tomorrow and just being neurotic about wiping things down before and after use.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just try not to lick the barbells
Thats too much to ask of me.

Just like Puig and his bat, i must lick the barbell after each exercise is completed to shown it who’s boss one last time.
IMG_6748.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This comment is about sealing envelopes, right? Can’t be too careful; you don’t want to send out an unsealed envelope! Now THAT’S embarrassing
I’m all about transparency. “Open letter policy”. I have nothing to hide.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W2d3

•NG inc Bp (150-185x8-12x3-4)
55/85/115x10
150x12
(+ red cerberus elbows)
175x8
155x8

•WG BP (200-245 x8-12x2-3)
145x5
200x3
225x2
(+ elbows)
245x9
200x11
200x

•1/2 kneeling cable rows
160x10
170x10
180x10
185x10
180x10

Ss/

•SA Cable pushdown (3x12) (w/ rope)
65x12x3

•Duffin UR row (3x12)
44x12x3

•Hammer curl AMRAP
35x20 —> up to 40 next session.

Wish i had some cash to just buy a trap bar, a super cheap barbell, and a few 100lb of shitty beat up bumper plates. This is exactly why a home gym is ideal and I want one so badly.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got the cash, just no place to put anything in this little apartment. Always wanted a home gym, but kinda need a home first.
I feel that wholeheartedly. Honestly i was talking about shitty ole bumper plates cuz i was just gonna lift outside in the grass or in the parking lot of the apt complex lol. Brooke would throw a fit if i kept a bunch of equipment in the apt too but desperate times call for desperate measures lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel that wholeheartedly. Honestly i was talking about shitty ole bumper plates cuz i was just gonna lift outside in the grass or in the parking lot of the apt complex lol. Brooke would throw a fit if i kept a bunch of equipment in the apt too but desperate times call for desperate measures lol.
Bet you could some cheap shitty gear off Craigslist. Probably trade a roll of toilet paper for a barbell and sets of 45s.

Another idea is the Spud cable system. Find a tree to rig it up from and buy some cheap plates.

Y'all can come to Louisiana and lift with me.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I vote we do nothing but burpees. Then go dominate a CrossFit games.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bet you could some cheap shitty gear off Craigslist. Probably trade a roll of toilet paper for a barbell and sets of 45s.

Another idea is the Spud cable system. Find a tree to rig it up from and buy some cheap plates.

TRX wouldn't be a terrible idea. I have one that I used to take into the field with me back when I was in the Army.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TRX wouldn't be a terrible idea. I have one that I used to take into the field with me back when I was in the Army.
TRX and a weighted vest for the win!!!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got the cash, just no place to put anything in this little apartment. Always wanted a home gym, but kinda need a home first.
Apparently we just dont have the necessary level of dedication. I found this on IG this AM and thought of our dialogue on here.
IMG_6750.JPG

Showed it to Brooke and she was just like “Fck no, dont get any ideas.”

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

TRX and a weighted vest for the win!!!
I have one of those knock off TRXs that hooks into a door so im good there. I could try to find a cheap weighted vest but i also have a **** load of bands so if i get creative i can figure out a way to load things with those. Also have dbs up to 52.5 so total of 105 lbs...read a Mike T article last night about doing pushups, RFESS, and TRX rows with BFR so thats an option too. I’m actually gonna look into that spud inc cable system, thats a good idea. Might even be able to rig a way that i can just attach my dbs to it for the weight.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Crappy situation for a lot of people, definitely feel for people who don't have a ton of equipment and have to change their usual plans a ton.

Luckily my garage is equipped better than most powerlifting/crossfit/small studio gyms. :ROFLMAO:

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So its a done deal. Have frozen my account for a month and did that instead of cancelling altogether incase this all blows over after 2-3 weeks, which I truthfully dont see happening but just wanted to keep my option open. Just went and picked up my 10” log from the gym. Didnt score any other equipt from them since everything moved so quickly but i did talk to another one of the xfit coaches when i was there about buying 4 45s off them at 45 cents a lb. Said that he’ll bring it up in their meeting tomorrow so hopefully i have some plates by the end of the week. Also i think that spud pulley system would work wonderfully and would be good to have even once i get an actual home gym so i may buy that now and just get creative with ways to load it even if i dont score the iron plates.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So its a done deal. Have frozen my account for a month and did that instead of cancelling altogether incase this all blows over after 2-3 weeks, which I truthfully dont see happening but just wanted to keep my option open. Just went and picked up my 10” log from the gym. Didnt score any other equipt from them since everything moved so quickly but i did talk to another one of the xfit coaches when i was there about buying 4 45s off them at 45 cents a lb. Said that he’ll bring it up in their meeting tomorrow so hopefully i have some plates by the end of the week. Also i think that spud pulley system would work wonderfully and would be good to have even once i get an actual home gym so i may buy that now and just get creative with ways to load it even if i dont score the iron plates.
One of those cable ankle straps could work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of those cable ankle straps could work.
For attaching the dbs as a way of loading the pulley youre saying?

Don’t forget the dickstrap for your lateral pecker holds.
Right lateral holds to balance out my left lateral lean. Seems like the perfect time to correct these imperfections.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yah, nice. That just sold me on the purchase.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All of this actually has me excited to go clean my garage gym up and put some of my awesome stuff to work for me!!!! FInally being a pack rat storing weights and equipment for 20 years is paying off!!!! I haven't been using it much over the winter but now I actually have a hell of a gym to put to use while going to one isn't a good option.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just bought it. Hopefully the fiancé doesnt kill me when it shows up.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joe Bennett p/p/l db & band split

Day 1

Wu:
Dyn stretch
Bw bw lunge: x10 per leg
Susp trainer pull row: bw x15
Band march: x2m = x85 vs dark yellow sklz fit chick band

He writes this as a 3 day push/pull/legs split but i would rather do full body so i divided the days up. Like letters are done without rest between exercises and 2-3 minutes rest b/t rounds (ex: no rest b/t a1 and a2 below, then 2-3 min rest b/t a2 and the start of the next round beginning with A1). Then 90s rest b/t letters. Do all rounds of like letters before moving to next letter. You basically do as many rounds as you want. I kept it to 2 except for the pull work.

A Legs
A1. Rev lunge (x8-10) (adding band over shoulders under foot if too easy) (30s b/t leg)
Rd 1 - 52.5 per arm x10
Rd 2 - Mini under working foot and over shoulders + 52.5 lb each hand x10 L, 4 R then the band rolled off my shoulders so i just kept going without the band. Not gonna fuk around with that.

A2. RFESS BW Death: (10-8-6-4-2) (do 10 one side then 10 on other then back to first side for 8 so on and so forth)
Rd 1 - Bw x10-8-6-4-2
Rd 2 - Bw x above (+ 15lb db in goblet position for x10, then contra lateral load x8-6-4-2)

B. Pull
B1. Banded 2 arm BO db row: (x8-10 w/ 2ct hold)
Rd 1 - Mini band under feet & around handles + 52.5 per hand x10
Rd 2 - 52.5 per hand + MM short around wrists x10
Rd 3 - 52.5 dbs per hand x10 —> Suspension inverted row w/ feet abut the door: bw x6 (15-20 degree angle)

B2. Banded db shrug: (x8-10 w/ 2 ct hold)
Rd 1 52.5 + MM x10
Rd 2 - 52.5 + mini x10
Rd 3 - Didnt do

B3. Banded DB retraction RDLs: (AMRAP w/ 2ct hold) (test w/ band like band GM and also around db)
Rd 1 - 52.5 in hands + pro light band GM set up x12 w/ dbs, x8 band only
Rd 2 - 52.5 dbs + MM around dbs x10 —> pro light GM x10
Rd 3 - 52.5 dbs + pro avg GM set up x12 —> pro avg only x10

Not a fan of those bentover db rows at all.

C. Push
C1. Supine Db tri ext (x8-10) (2 ct hold in stretch)
Rd 1 - 40x8 —> felt a lot of stress in my elbows on these so i dropped the weight and really focused on the static stretch and a strong peak contraction.
Rd 2 - 25x10 —> actually felt like an appropriate weight when following the tempo.

C2. Banded step back ext (x8-10)
Rd 1 - Mini doubled through suspension trainer x10
Rd 2 - “ “ x10

C3. Banded OHD ext (AMRAP)
Mini choked around suspension trainer and gripping at end of the loop with hands right next to one another.
Rd 1 - x20
Rd 2 - x20

D. Legs
D1. Doorway ham stretch x5m each leg
D2. Couch stretch x2m each leg

Sean posted this in some thread and after taking a look at it I liked the way it looked as I really had all of the equipment that I’d need for the program. It is some sort of template and actually feels like a workout so I will stick with it. Might use bands to dangle my dbs off of my log for the shoulder press tomorrow, but also might just test it out with the dbs for standing shoulder press too - tbd.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to make lemons into lemonade. Don’t forget to clean every rep tomorrow so you can hate yourself after you puke 🤮

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Way to make lemons into lemonade. Don’t forget to clean every rep tomorrow so you can hate yourself after you puke 🤮
I wont make a ton of strength gains off this set up but it’ll absolutely work to increase my conditioning and GPP. I could get some legit strength work in with the log if the xfit box comes through with those plates.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2

WU:
Dyn stretch
Glute march: yellow sklz band x2m
Band NG facepull with ER: micro x50

A Pull
A1. Standing Banded pullover (8-10, 2s hold @ side)
Rd 1. Choked MM x10
Rd 2. Choked MM x10
Rd 3. Choked MM x10

A2. Db pullover (8-10, 2s hold @ bottom)
Rd 1. 52.5 lb x10
Rd 2. 52.5 lb vs doubled micro x10
Rd 3. 52.5 lb vs doubled mini x10 — note to self: band around the leg of the couch doesnt work unless you just want to drag the couch towards you. I doubled the mini around the doubled pro light and that worked okay, not great.

A3. Band row (8-10, 2s hold @ side)
Rd 1. Doubled pro light x10
Rd 2. Doubled pro light x10
Rd 3. Doubled pro light x10

A4. Band high row (AMRAP)
Rd 1. Doubled pro light x15
Rd 2. Doubled pro light x15
Rd 3. Doubled MM x15

B. Push
B1. Standing OH NG db press (8-10, 2s hold @ bottom)
Rd 1. 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 2. 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 3. 52.5 lb per hand x10

B2. Db rear delts (8-10, top half, 2s hold @ top)
Rd 1. 20lb per hand x8
Rd 2. 15 per hand x10
Rd 3. 10 + micro under feet and around handles x8 —> micro only x11

B3. DB Laterals (AMRAP, top half, 2s hole @ top)
(Weight: front/back — it would be half of what is posted so 12.5/17.5 would really be 6.25/8.75 for a total of 15lb)
Rd 1. 12.5/17.5 x12
Rd 2. 10/15 x10
Rd 3. 7.5/12.5 x15

B4. Death Swimmer dropset (AMRAP)
Rd 1. 5 lb per hand x5 —> hands only x10
Rd 2. 5 lb per hand x5 —> hands only x10
Rd 3. Hands only x15

C. Legs
C1. Banded RDLs (band around hip) (8-10)
Rd 1. Light band choked around suspension handle + 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 2. “ “ x10
Rd 3. “ “ x10

These are very light but i want to continue using the band which takes out the option of doing SL RDLs.

C2. DB Thrust w/ band around knees (x20, 2s at top)
Rd 1. + short MM around knees x12 —> couldnt make it to 20. Glutes weak y’all.
Rd 2. + short MM around knees x15
Rd 3. “ “ x20

C3. Frog thruster (AMRAP)
Rd 1. x20
Rd 2. x20
Rd 3. x20

C4. Prone db/band curl (8-10, 2s at bottom)
Rd 1. 30lb db between feet x15
(Band would def work better...need to figure out something to anchor stuff to until it gets warmer.
Rd 2. 52.5 x10
Rd 3. 52.5 x20

C5. Plate/slider curl (AMRAP)
Rd 1. x6 maybe. Tried using paper plates and they dont work for ****.
Switch to Suspension trainer ham curl/bridge
Rd 2. x10 - dont work for **** either. Just not going to do these.
No Rd 3.

Making best of what I have. The upper stuff is just fine, lower stuff i have to get more creative in order to get an appropriate load.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 2

WU:
Dyn stretch
Glute march: yellow sklz band x2m
Band NG facepull with ER: micro x50

A Pull
A1. Standing Banded pullover (8-10, 2s hold @ side)
Rd 1. Choked MM x10
Rd 2. Choked MM x10
Rd 3. Choked MM x10

Rd 1. 52.5 lb x10
Rd 2. 52.5 lb vs doubled micro x10
Rd 3. 52.5 lb vs doubled mini x10 — note to self: band around the leg of the couch doesnt work unless you just want to drag the couch towards you. I doubled the mini around the doubled pro light and that worked okay, not great.

A3. Band row (8-10, 2s hold @ side)
Rd 1. Doubled pro light x10
Rd 2. Doubled pro light x10
Rd 3. Doubled pro light x10

Rd 1. Doubled pro light x15
Rd 2. Doubled pro light x15
Rd 3. Doubled MM x15

B. Push
B1. Standing OH NG db press (8-10, 2s hold @ bottom)
Rd 1. 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 2. 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 3. 52.5 lb per hand x10

B2. Db rear delts (8-10, top half, 2s hold @ top)
Rd 1. 20lb per hand x8
Rd 2. 15 per hand x10
Rd 3. 10 + micro under feet and around handles x8 —> micro only x11

B3. DB Laterals (AMRAP, top half, 2s hole @ top)
(Weight: front/back — it would be half of what is posted so 12.5/17.5 would really be 6.25/8.75 for a total of 15lb)
Rd 1. 12.5/17.5 x12
Rd 2. 10/15 x10
Rd 3. 7.5/12.5 x15

Rd 1. 5 lb per hand x5 —> hands only x10
Rd 2. 5 lb per hand x5 —> hands only x10
Rd 3. Hands only x15

C. Legs
C1. Banded RDLs (band around hip) (8-10)
Rd 1. Light band choked around suspension handle + 52.5 lb per hand x10
Rd 2. “ “ x10
Rd 3. “ “ x10

These are very light but i want to continue using the band which takes out the option of doing SL RDLs.

Rd 1. + short MM around knees x12 —> couldnt make it to 20. Glutes weak y’all.
Rd 2. + short MM around knees x15
Rd 3. “ “ x20

Rd 1. x20
Rd 2. x20
Rd 3. x20

C4. Prone db/band curl (8-10, 2s at bottom)
Rd 1. 30lb db between feet x15
(Band would def work better...need to figure out something to anchor stuff to until it gets warmer.
Rd 2. 52.5 x10
Rd 3. 52.5 x20

C5. Plate/slider curl (AMRAP)
Rd 1. x6 maybe. Tried using paper plates and they dont work for ****.
Switch to Suspension trainer ham curl/bridge
Rd 2. x10 - dont work for **** either. Just not going to do these.
No Rd 3.

Making best of what I have. The upper stuff is just fine, lower stuff i have to get more creative in order to get an appropriate load.
Wrap your upper thigh with knee sleeves and do occlusion stuff with the higher reps.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Or you could be like Jim and hold your woman. He does that for calves m, but you could use her for good mornings or Zercher squats maybe. If you get weights for the log then cleans will be a great tool as well, and mayyyybe overhead squats.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The thought of me even attempting overhead log squats has me dying. . I think you underestimate how tight my lats are chronically.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3

WU:
Dyn stretch
Rusin 3 way shoulder WU (x2)
Pushup x15
Band march: sklz yellow x2m = x80

Day 3
A Push
A1. DB banded press (8-10) (first 2 rounds with 2s hold at top)
Rd 1. 52.5 lb per hand vs pro light x10
Rd 2. “ “ x10
Rd 3. “ “ x10

A1. Banded press (8-10, 2s hold @ top)
Rd 1. Pro light x10
Rd 2. “ “ x8
Rd 2. “ “ x8

A3. Db press (bottom half only) (AMRAP)
Rd 1. 52.5 lb x10
Rd 2. “ “ x8
Rd 3. “ “ x8

That tri set freakin destroyed my pecs.

B Legs
B1. Heel elevated banded goblet db squat (band around Knees) (band under feet and wrapped around db handle) (8-10, 2s pause @ bottom)
Rd 1. 52.5 w/ doubled mini around knees vs pro light x10
(Drop band around knees)
Rd 2. 52.5 vs pro light x10

B2. DB Squats (8-10) (db resting on shoulders)
52.5lbs each shoulder x10
52.5 lbs each Shoulder x10

B3. Heel elevated bottom 1/2 BW sq (2s pause @ bottom) (AMRAP) (maybe + BFR)
Rd 1. Short MM around knees x15
Rd 2. “ “ x15

Leaning towards just doing RFESSs in place of the db squats (i cant balance my dbs on my shoulders and theyre just way easier to load).

C Pull
C1. Db strict wall curl (sup) (8-10, 2s @ top)
Rd 1. 25 x10
Rd 2. 22.5 x10
Rd 3. 20x10

C2. Db wall lean curl (sup) (AMRAP, bottom half)
Rd 1. 25 x10
Rd 2. 22.5 x10
Rd 3. 20x10

C3. Db pronated curl (8-10, 2s @ top)
Rd 1. 30x8
Rd 2. 25x10
(Opps, wasn’t doing the 2ct hold at top)
Rd 3. 20x10

C4. Band hammer NG curl (AMRAP, fast)
Rd 1. 1 full mini each hand x20 (holding about 1/4 length from the top)
Rd 2. x20 (standing 1/4 of the way up the band)
Rd 3. “ “ x20

Might as well try to make up the years of bicep work I’ve skipped. That right there is more reps for direct upper arm training than i do in 1-2 months of regular training lol.

D. Push (mechanical drop set & stretch)
D1. Extended range pushup (AMRAP) (hands on dbs)
Bw x25
D2. Push up (AMRAP)
Bw x5
D3. Knee push up (AMRAP)
Bw x5
D4. Doorway pec stretch x30s
I

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Attempt at noodz again.
IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

Wanna lose the front relaxed gut but dont wanna lose what little axle shelf i have.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wrap your upper thigh with knee sleeves and do occlusion stuff with the higher reps.
Thinking im going to BFR the RFESS drop set of death on day 1

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking beefy and solid J!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just scored a 6 year old Y-1 rogue yoke with 2 J cups and 2 side storage pegs, all in pristine brand new appearing condition, for 300$. Then got 240lbs (4 45s, 2 25s, 1 10) of plates as well. Guy was selling stones, dbs up to 90lbs, barbells, stall matts. Feeling great about the purchases I made, wanted more but i didnt have the finances for anything more than what I got.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking strong. Whatcha weighing?

You got a great deal.
Weight was holding steady between 246-248 over the last few weeks prior to the gym shutting down. Have been tracking my nutrition fairly closely (~75%) so I should be holding around there still.

I most definitely did. For that price I wouldve been 100% okay if the yoke was kind of beat up or at least looked like someone had put some hard work in with it. When I first got there my first impression was “holy **** that thing must be damn near brand new”, but he later told me he had it for 6 years but no one ever used it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 1.2

Dyn stretch
Band dead bug: mini x8 per leg x2
Seated clams: short MM x20x2
Band pull apart: MM x20x2
Band march: yellow x2m

A Legs
A1. Chaos Zercher Rev lunge (x8-10) (holding yoke crossbar with dbs suspended by light bands)
No idea what the xbar weighs...id GUESS 25-35lb.
* Rd 1. Xbar + 30lbs each side x10
* Rd 2. Xbar + “ “ x10
* Rd 3. Xbar + 50 per side x8 —> way harder to stabilize

A2. RFESS BW Death: (10-8-6-4-2 w/o rest b/t legs)
* Rd 1. Bw x 10/8/6/4/2
* Rd 2. “ “ (+ middle of micro under working foot and holding each side for x8 set, + mini for 6/4/2)
* Rd 3. Bw + MM as above x10/8/6/4/2 —> jesus H christ this stuff counts as cardio idc what anyone says.

Decided i am going to BFR the goblet squats on day 3 instead since these actually do provide a decent stimulus without the bfr whereas the goblets didnt. The chaos rev lunges worked very well. Likely going to do something similar for the RDL work tomorrow.

B Pull
B1. Susp trainer NG Inverted row: (x8-10 w/ 2ct hold mechanical drop into SA anti-rotation row)
* Rd 1. Bw x10 —> x5 each arm
* Rd 2. “ “
* Rd 3. “ “ —> rear delt fly x15

B2. Banded db shrug: (x8-10 w/ 2 ct hold)
* Rd 1. 52.5 per hand + mm x10
* Rd 2. “ “
* Rd 3 - none

B3. Banded DB retraction RDLs: (AMRAP w/ 2ct hold) (test w/ band like band GM and also around db)
* Rd 1. Pro avg GM + 52.5 each hand x10 (oops, forgot it was an amrap)
* Rd 2. Pro avg GM + 52.5 each hand x12 —> band GM only x8
* pro avg GM x25

C. Push
C1. Supine tri ext (x8-10) (band around couch leg using Spud tri strap)
* Looped Mm x 10 - too steep of a resistance curve
* Short MM x10
* 25lb db x10

C2. Banded step back ext (x8-10)
* mini doubled through susp trainer x10
* “ “ x10
* “ “ x10

C3. Banded OHD ext w/ spud strap (AMRAP)
* Mini choked through susp trainer x25
* “ “ x20
* “ “ x25

D. Legs
D1. Doorway ham stretch x3-5m
D2. Couch stretch x2m
D3. Deep squat x30s-1m

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the deal on your new set up. Craig's list find or somewhere else?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats on the deal on your new set up. Craig's list find or somewhere else?
One of the xfit trainers at my gym screenshotted the guys facebook post and sent it to me. I had just been talking to him about buying some plates off the gym a day or two before so he knew i was looking.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have got to love it when things come together like that. I would probably get rid of my rack for a nice rogue Yoke.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2.2

Decided today that I am setting a 20 minute timer for each A/B/C and not going over it. Whatever # of rounds I get done in that time is it.

Dyn stretch
Band dead bug: choked MM x8 per leg
Seated clams: short MM x20x2
Band pull apart: mini x20x2
Band march x2m

A Pull
A1. Banded pullover (8-10, 2s hold @ side)
* Choked MM x10
* “ “ x10
* “ “ x10

* 52.5 vs doubled mini x10
* “ “ x10
* No rd 3

A3. Yoke crossbar chaos row (8-10, 2s hold)
* Xbar + 52.5 each side x10
* “ “ x9
* “ “ x10

* doubled MM x20
* Doubled MM x20
* “ “ x20

Finished in 16m.

B. Push
B1. Standing OH press (8-10) (2s hold @ bottom)
* 52.5 per hand x10
* “ “ x10
* “ “ x10

B2. Band rear delt fly (8-10, top half, 2s hold @ top) (lopped through susp trainer)
* Mini x15
* “ “ x15
* “ “ x15

B3. DB Laterals (AMRAP, top half, 2s hold @ top)
* 15/10 x10
* “ “ x15
* 12.5/7.5 x15 (unilateral leaning w/ off hand holding susp strap) - much better feel to these.

* 5lb per hand x10 —> hands only x7
* Hands only x20
* Hands only x15

Finished in 19.5m.

C. Legs
C1. Banded Zercher Chaos RDLs (band around hip (8-10)
* Xbar + 30 each side vs pro avg around hips x10
* “ “ x10
* “ “ x15 —> xbar + 30 each side GM (no hip band) x10

* Short MM around knees x15
* “ “ x15
* “ “ x20

* x20
* x20
* x20

C4. Prone db/band curl (8-10, 2s at bottom) (SL band)
* Pro light x10
* “ “ x10
* MM x20

Timer went off rep 8 of last set of band hamstring curls so finished the set and that was it. At the end of the first set I remembered the cable ankle attachments got delivered last night so I used them for set 2 and 3 - made things wayyyy more comfortable although not necessarily easier. Will be very useful during this time. They reminded me about the westside hip 4 way prehab drill that I saw a while back which i should find time for. And theyll also make it much easier to connect/disconnect the dbs from the chaos set up which will be a huge benefit to the efficiency of the workout.

D. Pull Stretch
D1. Lat x30s each arm