Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds perfect price for the stimulus check!

Not srs. Please don't.

But ya that thing was pretty cool, love the concept.
I thought it was very cool. I mean a cheap power rack and sled is much better value, but this was awesome flexibility.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Random workout - didnt feel like doing the Joe Bennett one today.

Hammer curl: 25 x25
Band GM: avg x20x3
RKC Plank: x30s x3
Glute bridge: Short MM + doubled mini x20x3
Side plank x30s each side x3

•1-12” PVC Db row (15/12/10/8/6/15/20)
70x15
80x12
90x10
100x8
105x6
70x15
52.5x20

=6,440b per arm

•Hammer curl
40x10
35x10
30x15

Ss/

•Suspension RD fly
Bw x15x3

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work in here.

You could also look into one of those cardio steps, or 3 sided plyo boxes and use that as your bench. Just support your butt with your legs. It would probably end up improving leg drive once you get back on a bench.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Random work:

Susp trainer row pull: 4x15

Kabuki tactile breathing drills: 2x5 each oblique vs mini, 2x5 low back vs heavy

Band GM: Avg x20x2

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
New training plan.

WU
dyn
PAs: mini x20x2
Glute bridge double band (short MM + mini) x20
Side plank: x30s x2

W/O 1

1. 2” PVC Suitcase carry (in hallway - ~18-20 ft)

5 trips w/ 52.5lb each arm - last set high knee tempo walk

2. 1-1/2” PVC SL RDL (2 prep sets of 6-10 & one all-out heavy double rest/pause set - x4-6 -15s-> x2-3 -15s-> x1-2 OR myorep x10-12 then clusters of 3)

52.5 x10
75x10
100x12 + 4 clusters of 3 (L leg 1st, R was easier) (15s b/t)

3. Pvc single arm db row (2-3 prep sets of 6 @ rpe 7 & one all-out heavy double rest/pause set - x4-6 -15s-> x2-3 -15s-> x1-2)

50x6
75x6
90x6
105x6 -> x3 -> x2 (15s b/t)

4. Db rear delt fly (1-2 ramp sets @7 x10-12 then 1 myorep with clusters of 3)

10x12
15x12
22.5x12 + 6 clusters of 3 w/ 15s b/t

5. 2 ct ecc Db Conc curl (2-3 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy x4-6 double rep rest/pause set)

20x6
25x6
35x6 + 3 + 2 + 1

Been doing some thinking about my training. I dont have sufficient load for a lot of things so after some research im going to experiment with different intensity techniques to reach technical and occasionally total failure more consistently.

I also got the bright idea to see if floor pressing my log would work (duh, only took me 3 fuggin weeks to try it) and my elbows hit the ground at the same time the log touches my chest so thats pretty damn perfect. Gonna have to be creative to get it onto my chest while laying on my back but i think i can make something work.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude look up how guys benched before racks...hip thrust that dude into position and get after it! Not that much different than a standing Logpress actually...lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was gonna hit up the parking lot today but it was a high of 45 with a “feel” of 38 and tomorrow is a high of 60 so I pushed the session back a day to tomorrow. Going to hit some zercher andersons with the yoke and some heavy yoke overhead presses then some accessory work. My goal is to increase the frequency of my sessions to 5-6/week to keep protein synthesis elevated across a wider portion of the system over a more consistent & prolonged period of time. Might as well do what I can to make some sort of gains during this time.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So just to briefly expand a little bit more on what I said - aiming for 6 days a week, 30-45 min push/pull sessions with anterior chain of the thigh as part of push and PC part of pull. Will be using intensity techniques like what you saw in my last workout with at least one additional one that youll see in my workout that I do here shortly.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Double post edit:

Workout 2 - parking lot

WU:
Dyn stretch
PAs: mini x20x2
Avg band GM: x20x2
Monster walk: short MM
Band hammer curl: mini x20

1. Suitcase carry (3-4 w/ 50)
50 lb x60 ft x3

2. Zercher Anderson Squat (2-3 warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of double rest/pause)

185x6
235x6
275x6
325x6
365x6 -15s-> x4 -15s-> x2 (probably shouldve had this be my last ramp up set then done one more set afterward but this was moderately difficult). Now I know for next time it comes around.

3. Yoke Press (4-6 warm up sets of x4-6 then 1 cluster set - weight you hit a x4@10 with for as many singles as possible with 15-20s rest)

Push up vs light band x6
Db OP: 30x6, 52.5 x6
Light band x5
Yoke - side storage & J clips x2 (i dont know...maybe 170?)
185 yoke [email protected] - done continuously
(+ red 7mm sleeves)
Cluster: 185x4 strict + 3 push

Not thrilled with that effort.

4. Band fly (choked around yoke posts) (2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a 4-5s slow eccentric, then 1 work set of to failure aiming for x8-12 range w/ 4-5/2/1/1 tempo then hold the stretched position as long as tolerable after last rep. I might be messing up the tempo breakdown but i have it noted as ecc/stretch/conc/squeeze.)

Micro x10
Mini x10
MM x10

5. Spud tri ext (2-3 ramp sets x12 then 1 myorep x10-12 w/ clusters of 3 and hold stretch for as long as possible @ end)
25x12
50x12
70x12 + 3 + 2 with stretch hold

6. Db lateral raise (2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set)
25/15x6
30/20x6
35/25x6 -> 30/20 x8 -> 25/15 x10

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The hips don’t lie! We took our yoke, same one, over to the lot right next our apartment too. Wife and her coworker/training partner did some yoke runs at ~385 for 60ft or so, then trap bar carries, then we set our Titan crash pads up on the back patio and they loaded the stone of steel over it. Beautiful afternoon!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O3 - pull 2

Wu:
Dyn stretch
Band PAs: mini x20x2
Side plank: x30s x2

O1. Jump rope or drag sled x5-10m) - didnt feel like jumping rope and dont have the sled. This is kind of an optional add on for this day if i feel like it anyway.

1. Band GM (2x12-20 then one x12 myorep x3 cluster)

Avg x20
Avg x12
Heavy x15 + 3 clusters of 3

2. Donkey calves w/ forefoot elevated:

52.5lb x20x2 w/ tempo - 3/1-2/1-2/2

3. Band pulldown (2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set - 5ct ecc, 2 ct stretch, x6-8 then hold stretched for as long as possible)

Both hands: mm x6 (each hand has one side)
Single arm: mm x6 (each hand has whole thing)
Single arm: pro light x8 @ 5/2/1-2/1 w/ 15s hold in stretch after last rep

4. Pronated chest supported row (2 sets of 8 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set)
35x8
50x8
50 vs quadded micro x8 -15s-> x6 -15s-> x2

The micro didnt add a ton at the top but was still better than nothing. I initially tried to loop each end around the db handle and pass the middle underneath both support beams but it added basically nothing. Probably should just do banded pron grip inverted rows instead.

IMG_6909.JPG

5. Db hammer curl (2x8-10 ramp ups, 1x6/8/10 drop set)
30x10
35x8
45 x 6 (2-3/2/1/1 tempo) - Drop - 35x8 (still slowed down ecc but not counting them as strictly as 1st set) - Drop - 30x10

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The hips don’t lie! We took our yoke, same one, over to the lot right next our apartment too. Wife and her coworker/training partner did some yoke runs at ~385 for 60ft or so, then trap bar carries, then we set our Titan crash pads up on the back patio and they loaded the stone of steel over it. Beautiful afternoon!
Sounds like an awesome day. It was beautiful here as well, I couldve stayed out there all day. But I eventually got hungry and had portillos beef waiting for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like an awesome day. It was beautiful here as well, I couldve stayed out there all day. But I eventually got hungry and had portillos beef waiting for me.
Portillos is pretty great. Not as great as it costs or the wait time, but if time and money are no option you could do a lot worse! I like cheese on all of it

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Luckily this was Brooke’s mom shipping us a “care package” consisting of 2lbs of beef, 1G of beef gravy, 12 sausages, 1 package of peppers & onions. Then we cut up some russets and made our own fries when we made the beef.

Yah, every time I go i am always annoyed at how much it ends up costing me. Dude if you dont get cheese on (almost) everything you are doing it so wrong. My go to order if i really wanna treat myself is 1-2 chicago dog(s) + w/o mustard, a big cheesy beef with sweet and hot peppers, and a small cheese fry. Then I end up drinking the cheese if i have some left over from my fries.

No shame.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O 4 - push 2

Wu
Dyn stretch
Circuit:
1. Banded dead bug: 2x10 per leg holding pro light
2. Side plank: 2x30s
3. Band GM: Avg x15x2

Work:

1. Suitcase carry

50lb x60ft x3 each side

2. Log seated clean (lol) & paused Floor Press
(2-3 Ramp sets @7 then x4-12 w/ double reps in rest pause fashion - programed x4-6)

Was sitting indian style in front of the log then rolling it up over my knees onto my lap then just falling backwards to get it up. Im sure it was a true sight to see. So no eccentric on the first rep.

70x6
120x6
160x6
210x6
250x6 @10 -> x2 @10 -> x1@10

The last set I lifted one end and slid my torso underneath because i couldnt clean it up over my knees like i described above.

Mini band pull aparts: x20x3

2. Paused RFESS (1-2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric & 1-2 ct pause, then 1 work set of 8-10 2/2/x/1-2 tempo reps to failure, and finally hold the bottom position for as long as you can after last rep)

backpack filled with books + 30lb per hand x10
Backpack “ “ + 45 lb per hand x10
“ “ + 52.5 lb per hand x8

3. OH supine db tri ext (1-2 warm-up sets of 6-8 reps with a then work set of x6/8/10 drop set w/ OH tri stretch after each arm)
20x6
25x6
30x6 - drop -> 25x8 - drop -> 20x10 -> 15s stretch

4. Single arm pec fly (shoulders parallel to the direction of load - arm straight out to side the performing fly across my body) (1-2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, f/b x3 clusters w/ 15-20 seconds of rest in between)
Mini x12
MM x12 -> 3 x3 clusters w/ 10-15s b/t -> x2 on 4th attempt (L arm lead, match w/ R)

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Düblé

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/o 5

WU
Dyn stretch
Band PA:
Side plank: 2x30s
MG Bird Dog: 2x6 per leg
Suitcase carry (3-4 w/ 50)
Anti ext pallof: 2 sets during row variation

1. Row variation - Spud Pulley Row (2-3 warmups of x4-12 then 1 rest/pause double set)
25/50/70/100x10
135x10
155x10 -> 6 -> 4 w/ 15s b/t sets

2. Yoke DL or RDL (1-2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo w/ 2ct bottom), and then hold the stretched position OR DL clusters x4-6 x2-3 WUs then x1 clusters)
Yoke DL-
185x5
(+ straps)
275x5
325x5
365x5 - yoke was getting all wonky on me tilting forward/backward all over the place so i switched exercises.

Log RDL: 160x10, 210x10 followed by 3 x3 clusters w/ 15s rest b/t. Glutes were lit after this. Some of the reps i was doing a 1-2ct pause at the bottom. Not much weight here but it felt tough...pussification has begun...or accelerated maybe.

3. Straight arm pulldown w/ spud pulley (1-2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure followed by as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between)

25 + micro choked around yoke xbar x8
50 + micro “ “ x12 -> 4 clusters of 3

4. Spud pulley pronated concentration curl (1-2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure followed by x3 clusters)
50 x12
70x12 -> 4 x3 clusters...this was the tightest bicep contraction ive ever had.

This may be the last time for me in the parking lot before we load up and move next thursday. I may get one more session in there on Saturday but we’ll have to see how things go.

Got the okay to set the yoke up in the future in-laws’ basement. Her step dad had a barbell and (a probably shitty) bench, so i can get some barbell work in here soon. Will get squats, zerchers box squats, barbell RDLs, barbell floor press, etc back at that point.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What state are you guys heading for for now?
Back to IL for a couple months at a minimum. Job search is taking forever as people are taking weeks between rounds of interviews. Its very frustrating. Applying for jobs in central to southern WI, central to northern IL, northwest Indiana, central/west central/southern Michigan.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The strength game has so many words and abbreviations that I don't understand lol. I gotta go do some research so I can understand your workouts

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ha, which abbreviations? I’ll just write em out for you. I dont know if theyre all widely used but im just a lazy writer so always abbreviate a bunch of stuff.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ha, which abbreviations? I’ll just write em out for you. I dont know if theyre all widely used but im just a lazy writer so always abbreviate a bunch of stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Almost Everything lol even the names of some of the exercises I've never heard. Don't waste your time tho il figure it out quick

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Once you guys get settled soon you ought to come down for a Sunday afternoon. We can do some strongman training after the wife gets off work around 2 then I can make or order some grub before you guys head back up.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once you guys get settled soon you ought to come down for a Sunday afternoon. We can do some strongman training after the wife gets off work around 2 then I can make or order some grub before you guys head back up.
That sounds great, man. Would absolutely love to make it happen. Theres a chance I could end up getting a job in IL too, so it could end up that I’d be around that area for a while anyway.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We have been busy packing and preparing to leave all weekend so I didnt make it to the lot yesterday or get a workout in today. Im aiming to get one in Mon & Tues, theres a good chance Wednesday will be nothing but loading everything up, cleaning the apt really well (I need that damn security deposit back), and gearing up to leave Thursday morning.

Edit:

1. Pronated grip db concentration curl:
Set 1: 35x8
Set 2: 40x6 -drop-> 35x8 - drop-> 25x10

2. Pushup:
Set 1: bw x15
Set 2: bw vs pro light over back x8 + 2 clusters of 3 w/ 10-15s between

3a. Susp trainer rear delt fly: x15x3

Ss/

3b. False grip Offset db sup/pron twist: 10/30 x15, 5/35x15 (only first 10 false grip)

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Loaded up a 15 ft uhaul of my and the fiance’s stuff today from our 2nd floor apartment...i am totally wrecked. Lower back feels like I did a GVT deadlift session & upper back was already sore this evening carrying stuff to the dumpster.

Today has made me want to train with sandbags more. Like just picking them and front carrying them as far as possible.

Tomorrow is the 14-18 hour drive from hell through upstate new york, PA, Ohio, and into western Indiana. Gonna spend Friday with my parents and brother then head to illinois. Definitely wont get a workout in tomorrow and I may or may not get something in Friday with my brother. Then one day this weekend ill be unloading everything i loaded today.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Loaded up a 15 ft uhaul of my and the fiance’s stuff today from our 2nd floor apartment...i am totally wrecked. Lower back feels like I did a GVT deadlift session & upper back was already sore this evening carrying stuff to the dumpster.

Today has made me want to train with sandbags more. Like just picking them and front carrying them as far as possible.

Tomorrow is the 14-18 hour drive from hell through upstate new york, PA, Ohio, and into western Indiana. Gonna spend Friday with my parents and brother then head to illinois. Definitely wont get a workout in tomorrow and I may or may not get something in Friday with my brother. Then one day this weekend ill be unloading everything i loaded today.
Moving is like a workout in itself

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

WU
Treadmill walk vs mini band x10m @2-2.5 mph (made it 0.4 miles in 10m)
Side plank x30sx2
Dead bug holding mini band x3 per leg w/ 10 ct hold each rep

* 1-1/2” PVC SL RDL (2 prep sets of 6 of moderate difficulty & one all-out heavy double rest/pause set - x4-6 -15s-> x2-3 -15s-> x1-2 OR myorep x10-12 then clusters of 3
70x6
90x6
105x12 + 5 clusters of 3

* 1-1/2” PVC Single arm row (2 mod difficulty prep sets of 6 & one all-out heavy double rest/pause set - x4-6 -15s-> x2-3 -15s-> x1-2)
80x6
95x6
105x6 -> 3 -> 2

Need up the rep scheme to x8, x4-5, x2-3 or switch to another intensity technique like x10-12 w/ clusters of 3.

* Db rear delt fly myorep (1-2 ramp sets mod diff x10-12 then 1 myoset with clusters of 3)
20x12
25x12 + 4 clusters of 3

* Db Conc curl (3 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set) (no rest b/t arms on warmup sets, then 2m rest before top set)
25, 30, 35 x6 per arm
45x6 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1

Man, feels good to lift something. My back was pretty trashed yesterday just from sitting for 16 hours basically non-stop 2 days before and loading/unloading the uhaul on both sides of the drive. Went on 2 30-40 minute walks yesterday and felt good enough to start back up today. Really really loved the banded treadmill walk which is an idea i got from Rusin’s IG, going to try to make that a daily occurrence while I’m living here. May even mix in a light/moderate db carry with it.

One benefit that came out of this is that we threw out our box spring and old bed frame & got a new bed frame. Once we put the mattress on the new frame without a box spring it became wayyyyyyy more comfortable. My hip used to sink deep into the mattress, but now it doesnt and my back sure can tell the difference when I wake up (QL on the side of the hip that was towards the ceiling used to be insanely tight when I woke up).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man sleeping in a decent position is huge. I love our mattress, but I’ve already swamped my sunken side with the wife. Once I crater this fresh side in I think it’s going to be time to invest in a nice one that can take my weight.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man sleeping in a decent position is huge. I love our mattress, but I’ve already swamped my sunken side with the wife. Once I crater this fresh side in I think it’s going to be time to invest in a nice one that can take my weight.
Weve been trying to stretch the life of this mattress for over a year now and have switched sides 2-3 times lol. Strangely enough once we got rid of the box spring my side doesnt sink down as far either.

Let me know what you find in your mattress research. From what Ive found most companies aren’t claiming to be able to support people 250+, but i did find a brand called “Bear Mattresses” thats geared towards athletes and says theyre heavy duty enough to offer us “larger” fellas enough support.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WU
Treadmill band walk w/ bow tie on x10m vs mini, 0.45mile.
Side plank: x30x2
Dead bug: vs mini x3 per leg w/ 10s hold
Mm pull apart: 3x20

Planned for zercher box squats but my future father in law’s bench only has a 300lb weight capacity so I didnt want to take the chance. I did however take the chance and use it for seated OP.

W/O 2

1. Zercher brief pause deep Squat (warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of double rest/pause)
45/135/185/225x6
265x3 -> x2 -> x1

Not very happy with where today’s numbers ended up but its my first time doing any squat variant other than RFESS in 6-8 weeks...jeez cant believe its been that long. My elbows run right into my thighs when I do these without a box so im likely gonna end up doing fronts instead.

2. Seated bb OH Press (4-6 warm up sets of x4-6 then 1 cluster set - weight you hit a x4@9 with + 5% for as many singles as possible with 15-20s rest)
45/95/135x6
175x4@7
(+ 7mm cerb sleeves)
205x1x7 w/ 10-15s b/t

3. Band fly (1-2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a 4-5s slow eccentric & 2ct hold stretched, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (w/ that tempo), then hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
Mini x12
Mm x12 w/ 2/1-2/2/1 tempo then hold stretch at end til shaking like an autumn leaf on a tree.

4. Spud overhead tri ext (2-3 ramp sets x12 then 1 myorep x10-12 w/ clusters of 3 and hold stretch for as long as possible @ end)
45x12
65x12
75x10 -> 3 -> 1 w/ max stretch hold

5. Db lateral raise (2 sets of 6 and one 6-8-10 drop set)
25/17.5 (21.25lb) x6
30/22.5 (26.25) x6
35/25 (30) x6 -> 25/17.5 x8 -> 20/12.5 (16.25) x10

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O3 - pull 2

Bowflex workout in IN

Wu: dyn stretch

1. GM (2-3x8-12 then one x12 myorep x3 cluster)
100 x12
160x12
210x12 + 4 clusters of 3 (wasnt enough to reach failure at 12 reps so I just doubled it an called it)

2. Pulldown (2 sets of 6 and one maximum mTor activation set - 5ct ecc, 2 ct stretch, x6-8 then hold stretched for as long as possible)
160x6
210x6
(Start tempo)
210x8 5/2/1/2 tempo (couldnt get a great stretch at peak eccentric on the bowflex)

3. Standing calves w/ forefoot elevated: x10-12 to failure then x3 clusters
160x10
210x12 + 2 clusters of 3 with heels hanging off edge at neutral during rest periods

4. Pronated grip half kneeling row (2 sets of 8 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set)
210 x8 (not enough weight to employ this technique)
210x8
210x10 + 4 clusters od 3 w/ 4-5/2/1/1 tempo

5. Db hammer curl (2x8-10 3-5ct ecc, 1 work set of 8-10 slow reps holding stretch 2s then max stretch @ end)
30x10
40x10
55x8

Was with at my parents without my equipt this morning so I made due with what I had available to me.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O 4 - push 2 - 4.2

WU:
Dyn stretch
Treadmill walk vs mini x5m
Pull apart: MM x20x3
Side plank
Dead bug

Suitcase carry

1. Floor Press
(Ramp sets w/ 2-3 @ mod diff then x4-6 w/ double reps in rest pause fashion)
45/95/135/185/225x5
245x5
[email protected]
(+ 7mm sleeves)
[email protected] + 5 clusters of x1 w/ 10-15s b/t

1a. Shoulder Ws w/ band choked around yoke xbar:
Micro x15x3

2. Bb back SS (1-2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps then x8-12 to failure w/ x3 clusters)
95x10
185x8
205x12 + 2 clusters of 3 & 1 of 2 (L)

Gonna switch to front rack ss next week.

3. SA OH db tri ext (1-2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric & 2ct pause, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo), and finally hold the stretched bottom position.
30x12
35x7 w/ 4-5/2/1/1 tempo & max length loaded stretch at end — that tempo kicked my ass. It got painful at 4 reps. Not a great stretch overhead at the end.

4. Single arm pec fly (1-2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure, f/b x3 clusters w/ 15-20 seconds of rest in between)
Choked mini x12
Choked Mm x12 + 3 clusters of 3 + x2 then stretch x10s

Not a bad session - good quality work was put in.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O 5.2

WU:
Donnie hang w/ heavy band - really need to get back into the habit of doing these. My back feels fantastic after I do it.

Dyn stretch

Treadmill walk x5m vs mini band + 52.5lb suitcase carry x4m alternating hands every minute.

Bird dog: x6 w/ 10ct each side

Side plank: x30s each side

Work:

1. Incline bench chest supported bb row (~60 degrees, pointer on ring) (2-3 warmups of x4-12 then 1 x4-6 rest/pause double set)

45x10
135x8
185x8
205x6 -> x3 -> x2 -> x1

2. RDL or DL (3-4 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a slow eccentric, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (slow tempo w/ 2ct bottom), and then hold the stretched position OR DL clusters x4-6 x2-3 WUs then x1 cluster max reps)

2-3/2/x/1 tempo, x = “explosive”
135x10
+ quadded micros (tried quad mini but it was pulling the yoke towards me)
185x8
(+ belt)
225x10
275x8 didnt do stretch as theres no way i wouldve been able to get it back to the j cups had I done so. This exercise is probably more conducive to the x8-12 with x3 clusters afterwards. After I typed that out I went and did one cluster of 3.

3. Yoke pull-up (1-2 warm-up sets of 6 reps, then 1 work set to failure, f/b as many micro-sets of 3 reps as possible with 15-20 seconds of rest in between)

Bw x6@7-8
Bw x8 -> x3 -> x2

4. Pron curl (1-2 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps, then 1 work set of 10-12 reps to failure followed by x3 clusters)
25x10
30x10
40x12 + 3x3 clusters + 2

5. Rev hyper on yoke xbar
Bw x15 then the pressure on my abdomen made me have to shît.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hams & glutes were super sore yesterday so i didnt get a session in but I did go on a 30-40 min walk for some active recovery.

Today - W/o 6.2

WU:
Dyn stretch
Banded treadmill walk: vs mini x5m
Rev hyper: bw + band around ankles x15x2
Side plank x30sx2
Band PA: MM x20x4

1. Low incline (~30-45 deg) WG spoto (pointer on ring) (warmups then x8 w/ x3 clusters)
45x10
95x8
135x8
175x8
(Move bench to ~60 degrees - the torso pad isnt long enough and it ends just below the occiput. I dont like having my neck cranked like that while pressing so i increased the angle to reduce some of that stress.
205x7
Back to 30 then straight to x3
x3x2 + x2

I thought id still have enough strength to compensate for the increase in difficulty expected with increasing the angle but I didnt so I lowered it quickly then went straight into the clusters. Gonna have to figure something out here as like i mentioned i dont want my cspine hyperextended like that. Will probably just try to keep my head elevated but thatll be tough since im used to driving my head down into the bench.

2. Anchored/spanish band goblet squats (1 warm-up sets of 6 reps, then 1 work set of 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 w/ 10s b/t)
Vs pro light x8
+30lb goblet x1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 w/ 10s b/t

3. Db front raise (1-2 WU x10-12, 1 myo rep x10-12 d/b x3 clusters)
20x12
25x12
30x12 + 3x3 + x2 (lead with R, matched w/ L with more in the tank)

4. Bil Band Tri ext (1-2 WU x10-12, 1 myo rep x10-12 f/b x3 clusters)
Mini x12
MM x12
(Switch to one arm at a time)
Mini x15 + 3x3 + 2

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was planning on getting a workout in today when I got back to IL from spending Mother’s Day with my mom yesterday in IN but when I got back i found out there was a plumbing issue at the future in-laws and the basement had a nice thin puddle of shît juice across it. So I spent the afternoon helping sort through the fiance & I’s stuff cleaning the stuff that had contacted said juice. Fun times.

My spud sled finally came in today though. Might use it tomorrow.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mmmmmm poo-juice. Sorry man that sounds awful! Hopefully nothing important soiled beyond return.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Twas a very shîtty situation . But its all good now. Couldve been way worse.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

WU
dyn
Band resisted treadmill walk x7m vs mini
Side plank x30sx2
Dead bug: x5x2 w/ 6ct vs MM

W/O 1

1. 2ct pause SL RDL w/ 1-1/2” pvc (2x8 WU then myorep x10-12 w/ clusters of 3)
80x8
95x8
105x10 + 3x3 + 2 (led w/ L)

Good grip work there.

2. Single arm 1-1/2” row (2 mod difficulty prep sets of 6 & one all-out heavy double rest/pause set - x8-15s-> x4-5 -15s-> x2-3)
80x6
95x6
105x8 -> x4 -> x3 (led w/ R)

3. Db rear delt fly myorep (1-2 ramp sets mod diff x10-12 then 1 myoset w/ clusters of 3)
20x10
25x10
30x10 + 2 clusters of 3 + 2
15x15

(Ss/ w/ 4)

4. Db Conc curl (3 sets of 6 and one all-out heavy double rest/pause set)
30x6
35x6
40x6
45x8 ->
x3 -> x2 -> x1 -> x2 (R)
x4 -> x2 -> x2 (L)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
W/O 2.3

WU:
Pvc roll IT band x10 passes top half & bottom half
Lax ball piriformis x30s each side
Dyn stretch
Treadmill walk x5m vs light band
Side plank: x30s x2 each side
Banded dead bug:
vs MM x6 each side w/ 5ct hold (1st set)
Vs mm x6 “ “ w/ 2ct hold (2nd) these light my ant core up.

1. Front Squat (2-3 moderate warm-up sets of 4-6 reps, then 1 work set of double rest/pause)
45x10
95/135/185x5
+ belt
225x5@6
265x4 -15s -> x1
- drop -
225x2
- drop -
185x5

My brace is shît.

Front rack hold: 135x30s

1a. Band PA: MM x20x3

2. Seated bb OH Press (4-6 warm up sets of x4-6 then 1 cluster set - weight you hit a x4@9 with + 5% for as many singles as possible with 15-20s rest)
45x6
95x6
135x6
175x4
(+ 7mm cerb elbows)
205x1x9 (couldve been 10, i lost count after 7 but dont remember if i hit 1 or 2 before my last rep...i do think it was 9 but not sure).

Might start dangling dbs off here so I can make smaller jumps. 210 or 215 is what I wouldve worked to since i did 205 for 7 clusters of 1 last week.

3. Incline Band fly (2 warm-up sets of 8-10 reps with a 4-5s slow eccentric & 2ct hold stretched, then 1 work set of 8-10 reps to failure (w/ that tempo), then hold the stretched position as long as tolerable.
Choked Mini x10
Choked. Mm x10 4/2/2/2 tempo

4. Spud tri ext (1-3 ramp sets x12 then 1 myorep x10-12 w/ clusters of 3)
55x10
70x12 + 3 clusters of 3 + 2 w/ stretch

Donnie hangs. Bummer session. Thought i warmed up my brace well enough, apparently not.

Also got some shîtty news about the job I interviewed for last week in the middle of this workout. Basically in a world without covid id have a job offer but since they cut back on clinic hours to avoid layoffs for current staff they “are no longer in a position to hire”. Waste of 2.5 months. The regional boss that I interviewed prepped me a little bit but he said he was going to see if he could pull some strings with the folks at HR to get me on still so I was still optimistic itd work out. After that my mind was kind of out if after OP.

Edit: went for a 20-25m walk with the fiance after I was done.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sucks about the job man. Seems like everything we once knew is up in the air right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sucks about the job man. Seems like everything we once knew is up in the air right now.
Agreed. Life on hold for a lot of things. Our first anniversary is Monday. Can’t travel, go to hotels, restaurants, parks, movies, it’s raining today thru the next 4 - gonna be celebrating it in the apartment with mac n cheese by candlelight likely lol.

But there are seasons for all things - it took me months after I got my A&P certifications to get a job at an airport, and that wasn’t even as a mechanic, just towing and fueling. And I felt worthless somehow being unemployed, but it was just timing. When it was right, that offer came. Then I did well and was moved to direct hire, and got in good with the owner. In less than a year I was on the floor spinning wrenches doing exactly what I had gone to school for and making real money. Be persistent and know it will come when it’s right!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. Life on hold for a lot of things. Our first anniversary is Monday. Can’t travel, go to hotels, restaurants, parks, movies, it’s raining today thru the next 4 - gonna be celebrating it in the apartment with mac n cheese by candlelight likely lol.

But there are seasons for all things - it took me months after I got my A&P certifications to get a job at an airport, and that wasn’t even as a mechanic, just towing and fueling. And I felt worthless somehow being unemployed, but it was just timing. When it was right, that offer came. Then I did well and was moved to direct hire, and got in good with the owner. In less than a year I was on the floor spinning wrenches doing exactly what I had gone to school for and making real money. Be persistent and know it will come when it’s right!
Candlelight max and cheese makes for the best conversations though. This pandemonium is probably separating the wheat from the chaff in terms of partner resilience .
I wish I was a divorce lawyer for the coming months. Bankroll after bankroll.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is what it is, I guess. The discouraging part is that everyone expects that someone going into the medical field will have zero problem getting a job when in all actuality all fields of medicine aside from critical care & some ED jobs have taken a hits in volume from this pandemic. A lot of my classmates are in similar boats to me and the ones who aren’t had jobs established before all of this happened or in the very early stages of it. Id be in huge demand if I had a year or even 6 months of experience..market is shît for a new grad though. In September I’ll have a newborn and at the same time the govt is going to come knocking for me to start making massive payments on my student loans so I’d really like it if i came upon some luck here soon.

Like Skraw said, mac n cheese by candelight sounds about as romantic as I get so i dont see the problem there lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worst worst case scenario is you find some crappy temp work to pay for diapers and such while you continue the hunt. I know unemployment is sky high, but there’s also a LOT of those people getting paid ludicrous amounts of unemployment money right now so I suspect temp work would be much easier to find than the unemployment rate would have you believe. My stepdaughter is getting a grand per week, and she actually only made like 100 previously as a hostess a few days per week at a diner. Why would someone drive a forklift in a warehouse when they can get that much staying at home? But that means someone is still needed for that easy job.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A GRAND per week?! Fuk me! You aint kidding - why the hell would anyone go work earn an honest wage working a position that offers little fulfillment and minimum growth potential when they can make 1k a week chilling at home!?