John Meadows 2.0 programs

mehowey

Awards
I'm looking for John Meadows' 28 Days Later. I have most of John's programs and will be willing to trade for 28 Days.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Week 6...Bulgarian Split Squats of Fire followed by Leg Extensions of Fire. This was a really great program. One of my favorites so far. Does anyone know if theres another one coming out soon? Might start gamma bomb in the meantime.

Hooper

Awards
Week 6...Bulgarian Split Squats of Fire followed by Leg Extensions of Fire. This was a really great program. One of my favorites so far. Does anyone know if theres another one coming out soon? Might start gamma bomb in the meantime.
I been looking for a new one to come out everyday. I always go back to Gama bomb in between workouts

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I been looking for a new one to come out everyday. I always go back to Gama bomb in between workouts
Gamma bomb is probably my favorite that I’ve used. Seems to work really well for me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gamma bomb is probably my favorite that I’ve used. Seems to work really well for me
GB is def the next one I need to get a hold of... ran CD2 first and LOVED it, currently 3/4 of the way through Omega Beam and its good, but not as good as CD2... Also have Colossus but the layout and lack of volume isn't as much my style so I've been putting it off.

If anyone wants to trade me for GB, PM me

m1k3_d0z4

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on my last week of GB and I’ve had a blast! It’s my first John Meadows program, so it took a couple weeks to get situated because it’s so different from how I used to train, but once I did, it’s been great! I was thinking of running a different JM program, but I think I’m just going to run back GB again and see how much I can improve now that I’ve found a groove with it.

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,please help..i cant choose between gamma bomb-creeping deathv2...my goal is hypertrophy..

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi guys,please help..i cant choose between gamma bomb-creeping deathv2...my goal is hypertrophy..
Either one is great for that. The main difference is cd2 is a push pull legs split, repeats twice per week. Gamma bomb is a split program focusing on upper body and lower body split into two blocks. First half is upper body pull push legs arms and full upper, the Second half is set up for legs 3 times a week if I remember. I personally think gamma bomb is my favorite, but cd2 was really good as well.

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I haven't run GB yet (just got a hold of it this week and will be reading through this weekend) but as a big advocate of PPL splits I absolutely LOVED CD2 and would recommend it to anyone that can put in the days/wk.

The biggest thing I enjoyed as well was the details provided as well as the overall attention to ensuring that you're focused on form and targeting vs just lifting weight. As someone thats been dealing with a few nagging injuries the last year it was also really helpful to have workouts that weren't killing the same joints and such over and over. Very good mix of exercises, reps, intensity, etc... That said, the workouts can range from simple and almost "easy" to absolutely soul-crushing in terms of intensity and difficulty ha. If you don't read ahead, you're gonna be in trouble sometimes!

Kleshgainz

Awards
Hey guys I’m interested in program X - has anyone done it and recommend it? would be willing to swap any of the below:
Taskmaster
Gauntlet
Creeping Death
12 weeks of pain & suffering
Odin Force
Gamma Bomb

Thanks 🙏🏻

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Went ahead and bought project colossus because it was on sale for Labor Day. Read some of it. Won’t be running probably until January. How long do these workouts usually take you guys? Just need to have an idea what to plan for.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Went ahead and bought project colossus because it was on sale for Labor Day. Read some of it. Won’t be running probably until January. How long do these workouts usually take you guys? Just need to have an idea what to plan for.
Not familiar with that one, but his workouts I have done so far range from easy one hour to hard two hours. Like his pump sessions are quick, but when he pounds on compound movements on some days it’s hard to do the workout quick. I’m sure me checking to see what exactly I have to do isn’t helping. Hope that at least helps a little.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not familiar with that one, but his workouts I have done so far range from easy one hour to hard two hours. Like his pump sessions are quick, but when he pounds on compound movements on some days it’s hard to do the workout quick. I’m sure me checking to see what exactly I have to do isn’t helping. Hope that at least helps a little.
I haven’t had anything last 2 hours but 50-75min is pretty typical. Rarely below 45min for sure tho

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven’t had anything last 2 hours but 50-75min is pretty typical. Rarely below 45min for sure tho
I think it happens most when I am sitting there trying to read exactly what to do on a hard compound day. But I’d imagine at best for me like an hour a half in those days, but like I said his lighter sessions I can do in less than an hour.

Granted I’m an old man so maybe I do more warmup sets lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think it happens most when I am sitting there trying to read exactly what to do on a hard compound day. But I’d imagine at best for me like an hour a half in those days, but like I said his lighter sessions I can do in less than an hour.

Granted I’m an old man so maybe I do more warmup sets lol

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can swing 90 minutes tops, so this sounds doable. Longer than that and i gotta fet up anlot earlier to get in before work and then im not sleeping enough, which would be counterintuitive. Thanks for the feedback guys.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I can swing 90 minutes tops, so this sounds doable. Longer than that and i gotta fet up anlot earlier to get in before work and then im not sleeping enough, which would be counterintuitive. Thanks for the feedback guys.
as was mentioned above, the rest times (not always explicitly stated) and number of warm up sets needed can really make a difference in timing... On days that I am pressed for time I usually cut the warmups to a bare minimum or even do some supersets of very light exercises or bands just to get decent bloodflow and then work up during my sets more

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It definitely depends on who you are and possibly what you're taking. At 43, I do excessive warming up because I'm sick of spending money on chiropractors and rehab.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It definitely depends on who you are and possibly what you're taking. At 43, I do excessive warming up because I'm sick of spending money on chiropractors and rehab.
Yeah, and ortho’s. Those fuckers get expensive quick.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If these workouts take you 2 hours
- resting too long
- too many warmups which will take away from proper intensity and load for Working sets . There is a fine line between enough to and too much where excessive warmups takes away from proper RPE on topsets but fatiguing the muscles with too many submax sets

If you don’t already stretch, roll, or do ART practices outside of the gym this may be why your body isn’t in great condition to recover from how John outlines his programs.

I would also note some programs and their volume will have to be adjusted based off your dietary setup. Creeping Death 2.0 is a very high volume program which for those dieting may be too much to recover and complete. This is where you should either 1) cut back working sets or 2) drop a day of training to recover. Especially the longer you diet, the more cardio you add, and the leaner you get this will be harder to complete.

There are many pieces to the puzzle the first is monitoring your strength, fatigue, and day to day recovery. If you can’t maintain strength or find your body primed to train there may be some things you need to cut back in order to reap the benefits of the programs.

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did first CD2 pull workout today. Kept warmups minimal and used a stopwatch to time my rests and got through it in about 70 minutes. Main focus today was just to manage all the volume, which is a dramatic increase from the DC workouts I’ve been doing the last 6 weeks. Had a killer pump after that workout. Should be a kinda sick and brutal kinda fun, looking forward to this.

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Just read one of his programs.. so many uncommon exercises in it. Does it not take a lot of time to learn and setup the exercises correct. Just wonder if that not diminish how effective it is.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just read one of his programs.. so many uncommon exercises in it. Does it not take a lot of time to learn and setup the exercises correct. Just wonder if that not diminish how effective it is.
Not at all. He provides videos demonstrating each exercise.. A majority of the programs are built off press's, rows, pulldowns, hamstring curls, squats, leg press ... The meat and potatoes, He just has slight variations on how to perform certain movememnts which are outlined step by step along the way.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This guy must make a fucking fortune

I need to get ahold of one of these and see what he does. I program all my workouts and my clients stuff so it would be an interesting thing to read and look at. Sounds like they are all 4-6 weeks which is the length I program for normally.

Last edited:
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not at all. He provides videos demonstrating each exercise.. A majority of the programs are built off press's, rows, pulldowns, hamstring curls, squats, leg press ... The meat and potatoes, He just has slight variations on how to perform certain movememnts which are outlined step by step along the way.
Best part is with these variation, i have had various opportunities to test out which exercises feel best for me and you can substitute something that feels weird for something better. For example, i tend to go with kettle bell skull crushers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Best part is with these variation, i have had various opportunities to test out which exercises feel best for me and you can substitute something that feels weird for something better. For example, i tend to go with kettle bell skull crushers.
Correct
There is no one size fits all to any movements or execution of an exercise. Sometimes replacing a straight bar with a DB or KB is the golden ticket to proper mind-muscle connection. That is what makes these programs so flexible is finding what works best for the trainee, and then adjusting to suit your plan.

I also like how he varies his programs from 4-6x a week based on recovery and intensity. For some people that can't handle more volume, they can take a lower approach and still reap the benefits of the workout routine.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes if you don’t do check it out before hand. That was part of my problem is stopping to watch videos in the gym

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
John got me so focused on flexing my lats on rack pulls I freaking strained something. Nothing bad, no bruising, but it’s a zinger!

Didn’t know lats could be so pumped on rack pulls!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There's a learning curve as with anything else. I typically will do the first week twice since I work out in my garage and sometimes have to think about how I'm going to mimic a certain machine or substitute another exercise in. That along with thinking about the varying intensities can be overwhelming at first, but it's best to not overthink it and just jump in. Plus, once you've done one of his programs, you start to understand his thinking behind things.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes if you don’t do check it out before hand. That was part of my problem is stopping to watch videos in the gym
This and making sure to write the program for that down in your log book with rep and rpe targets, along with any other applicable notes(pauses, rest times etc) ahead of time so all the information is right in front of you.

I was worried about how long the workouts would take me, but going in properly prepared takes care of that.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whenever I go to start a new program, I just sit and read it beforehand , get
My head around any new techniques and kind of visualise the workout.

Boring I know but I think with these programs they are so in-depth you
Need to have a day Of just reading

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This and making sure to write the program for that down in your log book with rep and rpe targets, along with any other applicable notes(pauses, rest times etc) ahead of time so all the information is right in front of you.

I was worried about how long the workouts would take me, but going in properly prepared takes care of that.
Absolutely. My harder sessions now are like 1.5 hours max. Have to prep.

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, couple more weeks to finish GB wich is my first time running a program from John Meadows, absolutely loving it from pumps to exercises that allows more muscle-mind connection... It's fun and brutal especially in the second training block where you have to train to legs two times per week. Sick pumps.

I'm looking to get recommendations for what to run next after I'm done with GB.
Things I want :
My goal is maximum hypertrophy so I'm gonna be in a suprlus of calories
I would prefer training every muscle group twice per week but that's not a must
Brutal and fun with PUMPS.
I want to bring up more from the highest to lowest priority are back width, side delts, forearms and ARMS.

CD2 looks very appealing to me then comes taskmaster , another run of GB. But I'm open to all suggestions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, couple more weeks to finish GB wich is my first time running a program from John Meadows, absolutely loving it from pumps to exercises that allows more muscle-mind connection... It's fun and brutal especially in the second training block where you have to train to legs two times per week. Sick pumps.

I'm looking to get recommendations for what to run next after I'm done with GB.
Things I want :
My goal is maximum hypertrophy so I'm gonna be in a suprlus of calories
I would prefer training every muscle group twice per week but that's not a must
Brutal and fun with PUMPS.
I want to bring up more from the highest to lowest priority are back width, side delts, forearms and ARMS.

CD2 looks very appealing to me then comes taskmaster , another run of GB. But I'm open to all suggestions.
CD or CD 2.0 for hypertrophy and volume for sure.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why not CD1 for those recommending CD2. I was gonna try CD1 our cause it looks fun and brutal

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, CD 2 was awesome and John helped me set up the program to incorporate into my marathon training earlier this year.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve done both and enjoyed CD2 more. I like hitting all body parts twice a week now.
Are you running the 6 days as outlined? I was thinking of doing CD2 but with the PC off/on setup for extra recovery.

Correction: meant to say OF (odin force not PC)

Last edited:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CD1 is a regular bodypart(bro style) split, right? And CD2 is PPL. I personally never really cared for bodypart splits, id rather do full body or a couple of compound movements plus some accessory work(which is basically ppl). I really like the layout of CD2.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you running the 6 days as outlined? I was thinking of doing CD2 but with the PC off/on setup for extra recovery.
He says pretty explicitly that 6 days isnt required and he doesn't expect it for most.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
CD1 is a regular bodypart(bro style) split, right? And CD2 is PPL. I personally never really cared for bodypart splits, id rather do full body or a couple of compound movements plus some accessory work(which is basically ppl). I really like the layout of CD2.
CD 1.0

Day 1 – Legs
Day 2 – Chest/Shoulders (and odds and ends I throw in) Day 3 – Off
Day 4 – Back
Day 5 – Off
Day 6 – Chest/Shoulders (pumping day)
Day 7 - Arms

TinyGiant

Awards
Yes. I ran it 6 days as outlined. But I believe 3 days are pump days so it made recovery a bit easier. I just started Gamma Bomb again until I decide on my next program.

When I was running CD2 I was on a medication that I’m assuming kept me from getting sore. I stopped taking it so I’m not sure how recovery would be now if I ran CD2.

MindPump has a program that is a 6 day like CD2 that I enjoyed also. I also did it the full 6 days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
Training Forum 8