Attachments

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still looking thick as hell and crazy defined man
Thanks man. I feel like I’m just towing the line this last month. Things should start turning — need to work harder to keep up with the likes of you.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Realizing now that dropping back from 180 lbs to 175 lbs, after gaining intentionally, impacted my strength a fair bit. I’m back up to 179 lbs — no more dicking around to have abs, I want strength! So I’m aiming for and plan to stick to 180-185 lbs, which seems reasonable for 5’8”. Fark the aesthetics for now @Dustin07!
Traps are cooler than abs anyhoo!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You write many of these I see
Seriously brother, I don’t do any trap specific work. If I do, my traps get so large my clothes don’t fit properly and even look strange. It’s always been that way, since I was a teenage wrestler. Delts blow up fast too, but not like the alien traps, lol.

Anyway, appreciate the positive feedback!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Seriously brother, I don’t do any trap specific work. If I do, my traps get so large my clothes don’t fit properly and even look strange. It’s always been that way, since I was a teenage wrestler. Delts blow up fast too, but not like the alien traps, lol.

genetics are a blessing and a curse! lol

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I stopped working traps a long time ago because similarly mine are relatively large and was told multiple times how it throws my proportions out of whack. But seeing yours is making me jealous and I am going to start hitting them again.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Short morning workout. Doing another early evening.

Hex Bar DL:
140x10
175x10
210x10
265x5
300x5
335x3

Did some extra reps at warmups and then a few more extra at the last few sets. Leg held up well today, put didn’t want to push it on heavier sets.

Facepulls
3x10

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid volume for not pushing it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My deload starts this evening. I started to ignore it but then my elbows started complaining so I yielded for the most part. No Viking press or laterals since I went too heavy on OHP.

Seated OHP:
Warmups
115x5
135x5
115x8

T-bar Rows:
3x12-15

Seated Rows:
3x12

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck and good call with the Deload.

Speaking of elbows… I noticed recently that mine are feeling different at times, and it’s a new feeling for me. Anything you do to prehab or rehab them other than light movements?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good luck and good call with the Deload.

Speaking of elbows… I noticed recently that mine are feeling different at times, and it’s a new feeling for me. Anything you do to prehab or rehab them other than light movements?
Hey Thomas. I really don’t. For me it’s tendinitis and in my experience what works best is laying off of it. But when I was going to PT for it, they bound a couple tennis balls together and I would roll my outer arm on it, from forearm to elbow. That did help and I may have to find that little gizmo they made for me. I’ve also been using the elbow sleeves you gave me. That definitely helps. You could get looser neoprene ones for comfort.

Sorry I don’t have anything better for you.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, I tried to squat again. Everything was cherry, get really good, until 8th rep at 185. Ironically, that was already planned to be my last rep of the day. The pain pretty much duplicated when it happened the first time, 3 weeks ago. It’s like an ice pick to the side of my quad. Almost feels like a herniation with the muscle popping through. That’s the sensation — there’s like a squiggly pop if that makes any sense.

I’m pleased that my strength seems mostly intact, but I’m concerned this could take a few months to heal. Lifting in fear (of this sensation) ain’t no fun. With that said, the pain resolves quickly.

Squats:
95x10
125x10
145x10
165x8
185x8

Had to bail and put ice on my leg. I’ll try to take a walk later today as I’ve been doing most days.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn dude I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it can find some fast healing for you. After seeing your solid DL day I assumed you were on the mend.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BPC157. Grab a 5mg vial and some bac water. Add 2ml bac water and pin 250mcg (now a convenient 0.1ml/10 units on a little 29-30g insulin syringe from Sam’s, Costco etc) twice per day while resting it from training for 2-3 weeks. Subq or IM very near the injury always works best, anecdotally.

You can forgo the peptides and just not load it for a month while walking daily to flush blood to probably get similar results, slower. Maybe some pump unloaded leg extensions often to force blood in the quad too.

The rehab stuff I mentioned should probably be considered regardless, if they don’t hurt it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit, that blows.

Checkout Squat University on YouTube. He covers prehab and rehab stuff all the time. Don’t quote me, but I think he blames most knee issues on hip and ankle immobility.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
BPC157. Grab a 5mg vial and some bac water. Add 2ml bac water and pin 250mcg (now a convenient 0.1ml/10 units on a little 29-30g insulin syringe from Sam’s, Costco etc) twice per day while resting it from training for 2-3 weeks. Subq or IM very near the injury always works best, anecdotally.

You can forgo the peptides and just not load it for a month while walking daily to flush blood to probably get similar results, slower. Maybe some pump unloaded leg extensions often to force blood in the quad too.

The rehab stuff I mentioned should probably be considered regardless, if they don’t hurt it.
Thanks boss. I’m clueless about this stuff, but will check it out! Much appreciated.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dammit, that blows.

Checkout Squat University on YouTube. He covers prehab and rehab stuff all the time. Don’t quote me, but I think he blames most knee issues on hip and ankle immobility.
Thanks big man!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
damn dude I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it can find some fast healing for you. After seeing your solid DL day I assumed you were on the mend.
Thanks my man. Yeah, me too. And the squats were feeling really solid. The strength is fine. It just fricking hurts — so bad I can’t help reexperiencing it in my mind, which is awful.

Unfortunately, it still hurts. It’s a bona fide injury. Probably for not stretching amply. Feel like a tool. I mean, it was 215 lbs or something, and like the 10th rep. Just weird. Life is strange sometimes.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bench deload. For real. Elbows are hella achey.

CG Bench:
Warmups
3x140x5

Reverse-grip Bench:
3x140x5

Postponed arm work for tomorrow or Wednesday.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn!

Any bruising?

Rest that leg up man, at this point I'd be doing goblet squats only and only if there is no sharp pain.

Hope you don't get too bored deloading!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks boss. I’m clueless about this stuff, but will check it out! Much appreciated.
Watch this 10 min video and you’ll see how to reconstitute and administer it IM. I normally do subcutaneous administration when I use it if possible.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what you taking for joint health right now? at least some good fish oil?

Now, I don't like Yoga.......... but have you considered maybe trying to join a few classes as a form of rehab? I think your injury is similar, but different to some I've had in the area and yoga 1-2x per week helped me a lot.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
could all the Tennis have been a culprit?
Tennis def played a part. Got my ass kicked the day that I injured it!

Taking lots of fish oil, always. 4-6 grams per day.

Thanks man.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn!

Any bruising?

Rest that leg up man, at this point I'd be doing goblet squats only and only if there is no sharp pain.

Hope you don't get too bored deloading!!!
Thanks dude! I’ll heed your advice!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Watch this 10 min video and you’ll see how to reconstitute and administer it IM. I normally do subcutaneous administration when I use it if possible.

Thanks man, much appreciated. Still need to look into getting this!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Started a new job this week. Great fun, but lots to do and learn. In the short run, lifting will need to take a back seat and I won’t have time to loiter here. Still lifting, but the intensity is down, or at least that’s the way I’m feeling. Injury is a part of it, for sure. Feel like I got kicked in the nuts.

Hex Bar DL (end of deload):
Warm ups
140x8
175x8
215x6

Seated OHP:
Warmups
110x5
125x5
140x10 (ties comeback rep max, so at least I’m hanging in there during this downtick)

Viking Press:
3x8-12

Lateral Raises:
2x10

Face Pulls:
3x10-15

Will do pull-ups on Monday to wrap up back. Time to BBQ!

Hope you guys are having a great holiday weekend!!! Happy Labor Day!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just keep doing what you can and stay in the habit of lifting. Something is always better than nothing, and there are natural ebbs and flows! You will get settled in, your leg will heal, and you will be able to bring some more heat in time. Don’t sweat it!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just glad to see you posting man. I was afraid you got some sand in your V with that injury. Stay healthy and safe and don't forget the barbell.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just glad to see you posting man. I was afraid you got some sand in your V with that injury. Stay healthy and safe and don't forget the barbell.
Haha. I’m def not abandoning the barbell! And I’ll get through this injury and the initial challenges of a new job. I just may move sideways for a little while longer. I’ll get my game back, you can count on it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I lost my leg drive since tweaking my injured left quad, dammit!

CG Bench:
Warmups
150x5
175x5
195x11

Reverse-grip Bench:
185x7,7,6

Dips:
+25x15,11,8

Ez-bar Curls:
2x10-12

Hammer Curls:
3x8

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Work is still kicking my ass and leg is taking a long time to heal. The challenges of being old! Still have no leg drive (bc it’s too painful). Otherwise would have set a rep PR for sure.

CG Bench:
Warmups
160x3
185x3
205x9

Reverse Grip Bench:
185x7, 7, 7

Dips:
+25x12, 12, 10

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Work is still kicking my ass and leg is taking a long time to heal. The challenges of being old! Still have no leg drive (bc it’s too painful). Otherwise would have set a rep PR for sure.

CG Bench:
Warmups
160x3
185x3
205x9

Reverse Grip Bench:
185x7, 7, 7

Dips:
+25x12, 12, 10
nice bro, good volume on the dips

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quick and dirty.

Seated OHP:
3x115
3x135
8x150 (comeback rep PR)

Elbows ache every time I rack bar.

Lateral Raises:
3x10

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you have a history of elbow issues, but is there any other contributing factor such as where your j-cups are in position to your body?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you have a history of elbow issues, but is there any other contributing factor such as where your j-cups are in position to your body?
valid.

I have decent elbows and the slightest degree off can make or break the rack/unrack. Had a death wobble on Z press today and had to re-situate.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks TGR, this is worth giving some consideration to. The hooks are a little lower than I’d like. Not sure there is much I can do but will fart around with it.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still can’t DL or squat bc of injured quad. Plan on pursuing PT this next week.

Chin-ups:
Bwx10, 8, 8

T-bar Row:
3x10-12

Facepulls:
3x10-15

CG Bench:
Warmups
5x175
3x195
5x220 (felt awful, pain at left shoulder)
3x220 (ack!)
Not sure what’s up, but I was way short of where I had been and should be. My head just hasn’t been in it and now my left shoulder is bothering me.

Dips:
+35x10, 10, 10

Rope Tri Extensions:
3x10-15

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still can’t DL or squat bc of injured quad. Plan on pursuing PT this next week.

Chin-ups:
Bwx10, 8, 8

T-bar Row:
3x10-12

Facepulls:
3x10-15

CG Bench:
Warmups
5x175
3x195
5x220 (felt awful, pain at left shoulder)
3x220 (ack!)
Not sure what’s up, but I was way short of where I had been and should be. My head just hasn’t been in it and now my left shoulder is bothering me.

Dips:
+35x10, 10, 10

Rope Tri Extensions:
3x10-15
Good call seeing PT about your thigh. It's been a long time now for no recovery! I hope you find a good solution!