Jas's Strongman Training log

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm here to congratulate you on your snatch.
Thanks, the surgery was a success.

Friday

Snatch-
221-1
231-1
236-bailed early

C n J with 225# for reps in 60s- 8 (weak presses today)

pinch grip with 2 25's (I put my thumb against my leg today - cheap)
right - 45s
left - 33s

crucifix hold with 25# DBs in each hand - 45 s

My snatches felt really good today. I was getting under them great. I think I psyched myself out on 236 by watching a few arm break videos this week. I know, I'm a vag.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
My snatches felt really good today. I was getting under them great. I think I psyched myself out on 236 by watching a few arm break videos this week. I know, I'm a vag.
Where are those vids? I couldn't find many, but maybe I wasn't searching for the right stuff. Either way, I think that maybe those oly guys practice jerks too much, and not enough press, so they don't have the stability that you seem to have at heavy weights. To build confidence, maybe you can do 'snatch balances'. Here's what I'm talking about:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I'm here to congratulate you on your snatch."

:p

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That is a good idea, Poly. You're probably right about the press too. The Oly dude was doing reps with 125, which is crazy light when you consider that he jerked 301.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I like your training sessions a lot Jas. Looks like a lot of fun, much more dynamic than the regular hum drum ish you see around here. ;)

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
That is a good idea, Poly. You're probably right about the press too. The Oly dude was doing reps with 125, which is crazy light when you consider that he jerked 301.
I saw some of the oly routines and it's kind of ridiculous how concentric-focused their lifting is. Snatches and C&J have no eccentric component since you drop the weight, and I wonder how that affects their strength and performance.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I like your training sessions a lot Jas. Looks like a lot of fun, much more dynamic than the regular hum drum ish you see around here. ;)
Thanks man. They're a lot of fun, and it's a nice competitive environment. I've done BBer style training when I was younger, and the effects are nice but the training seems a little boring now. I love the oly lifts these days.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Monday

BW - 222.0

Squat (belt+wraps):
455-2
475-2
495-1
505-1 PR

pause squats:
225-8

rack squats (just above belly button:
545-1
585-1
635-0

double overhand barbell holds (from Mullet level rack pull)
455- 11s
495- slipped at lockout

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No wonder you're rolling with such a frollickingly gay attitude in other threads. Nice PR on the squats, and the mullet jab.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No wonder you're rolling with such a frollickingly gay attitude in other threads. Nice PR on the squats, and the mullet jab.
I may be Marquardt/Aleks on the outside, but I'm Salvarry on the inside and on AM.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you didn't get my joke. I was jabbing back at you with sherdogisms. Quoted For Truth, that you are Salaverryesque, you were then PWNED by me, and I figured I would take it To The Top. I should kill myself.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I should kill myself.
Try a cyanide sandwich. :lol:

Damn, hard believe I didn't get that killer one. :trout:

BTW, I'm coming for you on squats so you better heal up quick :squat:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Forgot about the ol cyanide sandwich.

That was teh most creative joke you've ever witnessed, bar none:blink:

My left quadricep is already getting tiny. I have to keep this cast on for another 6 weeks, and I still won't be able to do sh*t after that for at least a month. I think you could easily be squatting 600+ within a few months, if you focus on it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday

BW-221.2

DB standing military
95's-5
100's-1

dips
BW-37
BW-23

speed bench

I think the combo of oly lifting and holding the bar in the lowbar position on squats is really straining my left elbow. I'll back off on the Oly stuff a little on Friday and hope it feels better. It completely gave out on my standing mils w/ 100's.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
205 for doubles every 30 s. I paused on my chest for second as well. Never really done these, but was only thing that I could think that wouldn't bother me elbow :whiner:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Wed.

BW - 221.2

DL
555-1 PR

pullups
wide-18
narrow-9

hold fat end of barbell for grip work:
right-31s
left-33s

right-16s
left-18s

555 was a shaky adventure. My knees were shaking in and out of the locked position. I've felt like this is approxiamtely where I should have been after my last strongman contest. I just needed to get in there and pull it. Grip was weak today.

Mullet, you better get pulling. :numbered: :twisted:

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
DL
555-1 PR
You get an automatic +5lbs if you scream "LIGHTWEIGHT" before each set.

555's not bad, but I'm pretty sure my grandma carried heavier sacks of potatoes during The War in The Motherland.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Wed.

BW - 221.2

DL
555-1 PR

pullups
wide-18
narrow-9

right-31s
left-33s

right-16s
left-18s

555 was a shaky adventure. My knees were shaking in and out of the locked position. I've felt like this is approxiamtely where I should have been after my last strongman contest. I just needed to get in there and pull it. Grip was weak today.

Setting PR's on the big lifts, nice. I actually lent you my mojo, since I can't use it right now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wed.

BW - 221.2

DL
555-1 PR

pullups
wide-18
narrow-9

right-31s
left-33s

right-16s
left-18s

Well, we're still doing pound-for-pound if I recall correctly. In which case, you're aiming at around 715.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Pound-4-pound? Where is this coming from? Alex, did we say anything about p-4-p? :twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to join in this competition, let's have a 'who is shortest' competition.

I win.

:D

Seriously though, P4P pulling competition? P4P because you fvcks are too big for me.
Right from the get-go Bilbo. :stick:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Pound-4-pound? Where is this coming from? Alex, did we say anything about p-4-p? :twisted:
P-4-P is bullsh*t, you should be rewarded for your hobbit like thickness. Don't worry I'm gonna end it soon(my life).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
P-4-P is bullsh*t, you should be rewarded for your hobbit like thickness. Don't worry I'm gonna end it soon(my life).
What's hilarious is that I'm lanky as hell for a strongman competitor, but I'll play along. I however refuse to make Lord of the Rings references online as that would immediately make one a gigantic loser and I am only a slight loser. :head:

Mullet is sick? I thought his exoskeleton would protect him from airborne infections?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know. All my friends/co-workers think I'm thick as hell. I'm skinny in my book, my wrists are probably 7". If I were Buki's thickness at my height I'd be 275-280, me thinks.

Rodja and Rogue are gi-huge-ent fans of LOTR's, don't let them catch wind of you talking sh*t.

Exoskeleton is damn good. You may be even more SOL, if he drops to 155 with the flu, he might dead 4x BW.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my wrists are like 7'' around too. I've often wondered how big I'd be if I was 6' 3'' like Lesnar, but same bodytype. I think an inch of height can equate to almost 10 extra #. Maybe 245?

I think I'll try to get a video in a few weeks when I try 565 on DL.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I'm looking forward to that. Yeah, you'd probably be a solid 245-250. Mir is 6'3 250, you're bigger than him for your height, he's just chubby, and has pretty thick legs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could drop down to 155 @ 5-6% without too much issue or strength loss.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I could drop down to 155 @ 5-6% without too much issue or strength loss.
You'll look like Aoki. My left leg will soon be 4 @ 2% muscle, my quad is already gone, somehow my hammy is staying so far, only been 3 weeks.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I think I am 10-12% right now, whatever I was in those avatars. They were all taken about the same time. So, not that far off. Right now I'm 56% mucous and 44% rage at my pothead friends for getting me sick.

The beauty of webcam is amazing; Mother dearest made me show her a pic of my throat and is forcing me to goto the ER because she thinks I have pneumonia. Sweet! So I'm off to wait in the hospital for a few hours. Can't fvcking wait!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Well I think I am 10-12% right now, whatever I was in those avatars. They were all taken about the same time. So, not that far off. Right now I'm 56% mucous and 44% rage at my pothead friends for getting me sick.

The beauty of webcam is amazing; Mother dearest made me show her a pic of my throat and is forcing me to goto the ER because she thinks I have pneumonia. Sweet! So I'm off to wait in the hospital for a few hours. Can't fvcking wait!!
I really hope you don't have pneumonia. I had it once when I was about 14. My old house had no AC and DC humidity is no joke, it was July. My dad is an old vietnam vet and thought nothing of it. I suffered like a mofo for a good 2 weeks. My immune system has never been the same. Take care of yourself, bro.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know, I'm not excited. I'm just getting some reading material ready and a friend is going to drive me there. I usually underestimate illnesses while those around me lose their mind, so this is a tag-team decision between Jess and Mother. Or, in other words, no fvcking hope for Mullet's wishes to be heard.

I'll holler at ya through PM when I get out tonight.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I know, I'm not excited. I'm just getting some reading material ready and a friend is going to drive me there. I usually underestimate illnesses while those around me lose their mind, so this is a tag-team decision between Jess and Mother. Or, in other words, no fvcking hope for Mullet's wishes to be heard.

I'll holler at ya through PM when I get out tonight.
I'm the same way. I wouldn't have gone to the hospital if it weren't for a tag-team decision between family members. Be grateful that they're helping you because we're idiots for being "tough/stupid".

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Probably won't working out for a while. I tried to get some things accomplished (non-workout) and it was brutal. I must have the flu or something. :sad: Poetic justice for teasing Alex, I suppose.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear that:nutkick: I've been hitting some upper and did some one legged rack deadlifts today. I think I might end up with a crooked spine doing these. Been to the doc yet? That's not really Anderson, is it?

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
For confirmation, when I called up jas yesterday it sounded like he had a bumper plate stuck in his nasal cavity. At least I hope it was the nasal cavity...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry to hear that:nutkick: I've been hitting some upper and did some one legged rack deadlifts today. I think I might end up with a crooked spine doing these. Been to the doc yet? That's not really Anderson, is it?
No, might go tomorrow, but I have so little energy and it's too cold. I wore a shirt, sweatshirt, and winter coat because I so cold in a 70 deg room.:whiner:

Of course that's Anderson.

Got a lot of "sympathy" reps, I see. AND STILL..........

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No, might go tomorrow, but I have so little energy and it's too cold. I wore a shirt, sweatshirt, and winter coat because I so cold in a 70 deg room.:whiner:

Of course that's Anderson.

Got a lot of "sympathy" reps, I see. AND STILL..........
I've been telling some killers lately, people can't get enough of them. I'm gaining such a following around here that I have threads named after me and a + by my name on the members list, check it out it's a beast:blink:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I've been telling some killers lately, people can't get enough of them. I'm gaining such a following around here that I have threads named after me and a + by my name on the members list, check it out it's a beast:blink:
I was tlking about your Ledger vid scheme to get reps. Ouch, crickets.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What time are you going to the gym tomorrow, since I can't make my usual time and I might need a spot on bench?
I'm not. I won't be going for a few days. I don't think I could squat 135 right now.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
I'm not. I won't be going for a few days. I don't think I could squat 135 right now.
Did you get that email about the MRSA or whatever it was on the Good Gym's mailing list?