Jas's Strongman Training log

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really don't give a flying fvck. I'm just trying to give you a hard time. Admittedly though, if I didn't know you and you spoke like that in person I might be disgusted. Fine line between just wanting to be smart and wanting people to sweat you for being smart, naw mean?
That's the thing though, I don't give a fvck whether you or the next person thinks I am smart. I have transcripts to tell me that.

I speak like that because my parents were literature freaks and I read at a Graduation level (post High School not Secondary) when I was 7. Not bragging, just when other kids were reading Dr.Seuss I was reading 1984. (no joke).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Just say "break up" from now on, Mullet. We don't like that there fancy sh*t round these parts.

Jas, you should be squatting more. You can do 405x12 and you can barely max 475? You should be able to do at least 500. I guess it's just that you've done a lot of training geared towards med/high reps. Film one of your squat days for us. I want to see if what you're doing.
Today was just a bad day. I think I can hit 500. 475 was easy on the first and then I just got out of position on the second. I hit an easy double at 475 last time and probably could have had a triple.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I left myself open for Jas to come in with his normal 'hard-hitting' BS, but I still could care less.

I can't tone it down anymore than I have, so deal with it.

That's the thing though, I don't give a fvck whether you or the next person thinks I am smart. I have transcripts to tell me that.

I speak like that because my parents were literature freaks and I read at a Graduation level (post High School not Secondary) when I was 7. Not bragging, just when other kids were reading Dr.Seuss I was reading 1984. (no joke).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Jas, now is the time to bring out the Lawler, Aleks, I'm talking Tyson big guns. Let em fly champ:saw:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

You should care what I think. I care what you think:whiner: Transcripts aren't that important in the grand scheme of things. I know plenty of tards that are very well accomplished. I even know people people with pretty high IQ's that don't have the ability to think for themselves, which is really the most important type of intelligence one can possess. Clearly you do care, because you feel the need to defend yourself, which you should, but, you do care. You're clearly a smart guy, based on the substance of what you say not all the hard to follow unnecessary verbiage. You have a vibe about you that you think your better than others by speaking like that. If I were to have grown up in your situation I would realize that it's obnoxious to most people to talk like that and I would tone it down. You don't want to come across as a cocky fvck. Anyways, I'm not trying to start sh*t with you, just letting you know why you might be misunderstood. IMO, someone who is really intelligent can force you to understand a lot by saying very little.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Pretty well said without taking it too far (as I no doubt would have). Truthfully, I probably went through a stage where I talked moderately like Mullet at around 22 or so which may be why I came at you so hard. I want to kick myself for it now because it's obnoxious and I see that now. "Someone who is really intelligent can force you to understand a lot by saying very little." Well said Alex.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He must be mating with his crank-addict/praying mantis girlfriend. That, or he is brewing up something nasty.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I responded to you via PM, Alex. You can share that with jas if you like. But, honestly fellas, beyond what I PM'ed Alex I have no more motivation to defend myself. This is a 'take it or leave it' type of situation.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mullet, I'm fed up with your bullsh*t, I got a lyrical full clip, ready to give you a verbal ass whip.

Give me a second to think about what you said, to be fair. It's never that serious, man.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not me who consistently goes After School Special as do you and jas (albeit in different manners).

Do you remember the last time I popped out a lengthy paragraph criticizing/berating you? You don't because it just does not exist.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Just for the record, do you think you have a good grip on whether or not I'm kidding?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most definitely. If you were joking up there, you have literally the driest sense of humour I have ever seen.

EDIT:

I took this to PM as I'm sure jas and the people reading his log don't care to be thrust in the middle of our bromance.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday

BW-221.3

Standing military
225-1
250-0 got it but spotter touched my elbows (jackass)

bench - 1 second pause at bottom
315-1
345-1
365-0 got it with spotters fingertips on bar.

Elbow was jacked up so I just left. Weak WO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Who was it, Poly or the old dude? Either way, tell em I said thanks.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't go near jas when he's doing press/anything overhead for the fear of my life.
Good call, I take it you've seen more than just that one dump? Plus he's constantly on the verge of taking a nap.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
Good call, I take it you've seen more than just that one dump? Plus he's constantly on the verge of taking a nap.
Here's one jas quote:
"I should have re-gripped... if anyone was walking by they'd've gotten smoked."

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's just hard to contain my explosiveness, the un-breakable-jas-123....the unbreak-able-jas-123.

Ok, no. I'm always out of control.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Wed.

DL from 3.5'' of mats:
405-3
455-3
495-0

Rack pull - 1' below bottom of cap
585-1 (felt really heavy today)

Widegrip pullups-17

GHRs - 18, 12

core stuff

Woke from a 3 hour nap to go DL and was out of it today. Very Aleksander E in there for those that watch MMA.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That workout, looks rather Thackeresque to me. Aleks is sleepy, but not pathetic.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
If you think that you've insulted me by the Thacker comparison, you are sourly mistaken. Weak, using my vid from the MMA forum against me. :nono:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that vid is on this site anywhere. I worked hard to find that. I had forgotten his nickname. Maybe it was in the old multimedia thread. Thacker has some incredibly unathletic legs, those tire step ups are great.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, here's a vid of me (cough, cough) squatting 320kg ATG :twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No spotters with that set up, I'll pass. I really can't fully comprehend that swoop n dive squatting technique. Their's little guys weighing 180 squatting 500 like that??? It seems terribly dangerous and honestly, I think I could max squat about 315 like that, healthy.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Watching it again, that actually wasn't that bad. I'll see if I can dig up some patella tendon shooting clips.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Seems like all the Oly guys squat like that. The guy I know did 495 ATG with no belt or wraps. :sick:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
They somehow get magically propelled to to about 10 degrees above parallel and than muscle through the rest of the lift. They seem to almost be weaker above parallel than below, which is a fvcing mystery to me. I don't know, for functional purposes, is their any point to being that far below parallel?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It's supposed to be better for your knees to go that low and I guess that's how low you want to be to catch a clean (of course that's a front squat).

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious whether you guys would classify this as a high bar or a low bar squat?

Alex: as far as safety, I think that he's using bumper plates so he can just dump that sh!t if he can't make it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My gym has no bumper plates. Not even one. You bail on a clean and the entire building heres you.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
My gym has no bumper plates. Not even one. You bail on a clean and the entire building heres you.
It "heres" you, huh? :whip:

Every gym should have bumper plates.

Alex, I think you get a really good bounce at the bottom from going so low because your hamstrings are stretched so far.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know, my city is so pathetic. My Uni charges to use its gym, which would be fine if it wasn't the same size as any decent gym's cardio area. The only gym I can realistically afford is this one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There's only one small gym on my campus with bumper plates and it has very limited hours unfortunately. I can only make on Fridays.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
North America is so pathetically ass-backwards it makes me sick.

Guns, beer, cigarettes and fast food, the major contributors to the leading causes of death in the U.S. and Canada are all dirt cheap (a little more so in your country than mine). And on the other hand, supplements, gym memberships, organic food and home gyms are through the fvcking roof.

And what's worse, is that these Neo-Lib asshats will still try to convince you that the 'Free Market' is the path towards spontaneous, positive action, riiiight. 50% Obesity rates, highest rates of cardiac disease in history, CHILD obesity, massive amounts of gun-related deaths, super-viruses and Britney Fvcking Spears. I can see how well this is working out.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering about Jas' "phantom lifts" post in that synthol dude thread. Somehow I missed Mullet's new sig until now. All my lifts are legit, but I should mention that my boyfriend does all the lifts with me. We're tandom lifters, it's pretty neato when we put benches side by side and blast 405 up. My favorite is when I do barbell rows while he benches:jaw::sick:.................naked.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
North America is so pathetically ass-backwards it makes me sick.

Guns, beer, cigarettes and fast food, the major contributors to the leading causes of death in the U.S. and Canada are all dirt cheap (a little more so in your country than mine). And on the other hand, supplements, gym memberships, organic food and home gyms are through the fvcking roof.

And what's worse, is that these Neo-Lib asshats will still try to convince you that the 'Free Market' is the path towards spontaneous, positive action, riiiight. 50% Obesity rates, highest rates of cardiac disease in history, CHILD obesity, massive amounts of gun-related deaths, super-viruses and Britney Fvcking Spears. I can see how well this is working out.
You are going to need to breathe deeply for a while.

You cannot lament over things you cannot change or you will be forever distressed. :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You cannot lament over things you cannot change or you will be forever distressed. :)
No, I'm fine. :)

And that's the attitude which perpetuates those phenomena Ubi, assuming they cannot be changed.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I have been reading a lot of Epictetus lately.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

I need that advice to be running through my head constantly. I waste so much energy.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was lying anyway. I've been reading Veggie Tales.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
Alex, I think you get a really good bounce at the bottom from going so low because your hamstrings are stretched so far.
True for low bar back squats, where you can shove your butt back and knees out to stretch the hamstrings. For front squats, and thus I assume high bar back squats, I asked Rip about what role the hamstrings play and he said this:

The correctly positioned front squat places the hamstrings in a contracted position at the bottom. Since they are already contracted they can't really contract any more and are thus not involved in hip extension out of the bottom. This is why your glutes get sore but your hamstrings don't. But likewise, since they are contracted, they are contracted against something and are thus placing tension on the posterior tibia. This provides knee support to counteract the anterior tension produced by the quads. So at the bottom of the front squat, the hamstrings function in an isometric capacity to protect the knee while they aren't actively involved in extending the hip.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ah, that does make sense. Leaning forward like in lowbar squats would def. stretch them, but it's different with the highbars. I stand corrected.

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
I'm here to congratulate you on your snatch and also to check out my new, sweet sig.