I'm on Phosphatidic acid Ya'll

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
forgive me for not reading through the entire thread, but I have a few questions... just got my bottle a few weeks ago and planned to start today, how are you guys taking it? can you just throw it in a PWO shake or just spoon feed it preworkout?
Its same :)

Tiocfaidh

Tiocfaidh

Awards
  • Established
Did you experience any difference? Digestion? Bloating?

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
So I usually take my 3tbsp granules and swallow them down by swigging on my pre-workout.

Has anyone tried to dump this much in say your pre-workout drink and drink it as normal? Does it taste super weird with the granules or can you not feel the difference?

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I drink 3 tbsp in 20oz of pwo mix. I just tell myself it's caviar for my muscles. Doesn't bother me one bit

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danes is going to make me try these stupid fearn things.. :lol:

I saw them in a local shop and thought of him....they were cheap. I resisted.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

7-11 dollars for a month's supply....why not?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

They'll soon have a burly pic of danes on each can of Fearns...sponsorship!! Whoot!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They'll soon have a burly pic of danes on each can of Fearns...sponsorship!! Whoot!
schizm and Admin, you guys made me laugh lol !!
Schizm, it is a fantastic Idea !!! And I bet it would sell even more if it was from Danes Nutrition called mTOR :D

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7-11 dollars for a month's supply....why not?
Agreed. Tell me about cheaper product which would have all those effects such as good impact on glycogen retention, GLUT4, mTOR signaling activation and much more

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I forgot to mention boosting penis size too . (SL sale will explode now :D )
Yes but going from 4 to 4.1 inches doesn't count. :D

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Come oooon :D increase is an increase !!
Yeah but you can't discount temperatre changes for the increase since you live in the great white north.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but you can't discount temperatre changes for the increase since you live in the great white north.
Lol :D not to mention the "darktime" we have here in north of Norway. 2 montys without the sun and almost dark 24/7

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got three more cans of SL. Gotta keep the gainz train chu'n

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Got three more cans of SL. Gotta keep the gainz train chu'n
Nice!

I'm about to scoop up 8 cans for my lean bulk. This will be the first time running it while not on a recomp.

JONimal

JONimal

Awards
  • Established
Is it a staple to use anytime or better off in a bulk or recomp and not In a cut?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Is it a staple to use anytime or better off in a bulk or recomp and not In a cut?
Some don't like it on a cut for two reasons:

1. It can cause an increase in hunger
2. Calories & fat macros from Soy Granuals can add up quick

Personally I like it in a recomp or bulk. In my recomp I noticed a NICE leaning out effect when ran for 8+ weeks. I'm attributing that in part to high Choline content of soy granuals.

Soy granuals can be ran anytime though, and are good for general health. No need to cycle or take a break from them if you don't want to.

TheJailer521

Awards
Anyone else using Country Life Granules? Fearn was sold out Locally, so I picked this up.

Country Life: 97% Soy Phosphatides
Soy Lecithin 15 g
typically providing:
Phosphatidylcholine 3.4 g
Phosphatidylethanolamine 3 g
Phosphatidylinositol 2.1 g

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else using Country Life Granules? Fearn was sold out Locally, so I picked this up.

Country Life: 97% Soy Phosphatides
Soy Lecithin15 g
typically providing:
Phosphatidylcholine3.4 g
Phosphatidylethanolamine3 g
Phosphatidylinositol2.1 g
Good to go with the 97% phosphatides stated on the jug

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I notice something while on fearns, after training I eat two tablespoons and at exactlly that time I have an irressistable desire about meat. I eat two slice of ham to calm down that desire and Im ok after that. If I dont eat the lecithin Im craving for something sweet as always. Has anyone experienced something similar?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
guys can i stil take phospamuscle and ep1cunleashed since ep1c has Phosphatidylcholine in it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
guys can i stil take phospamuscle and ep1cunleashed since ep1c has Phosphatidylcholine in it?
Yes. The amount of choline you'd be getting, even from the two together, even with the granules, is going to be much less than the established tolerable upper limit for choline.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
Yes. The amount of choline you'd be getting, even from the two together, even with the granules, is going to be much less than the established tolerable upper limit for choline.
factor in animal pak or a multi

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
factor in animal pak or a multi
From my discussion in another thread a few days ago:
know that there was a study that used 2.6g choline (from PC, so a LOT more PC than what you're taking) concluded that PC "slightly increased triacylglycerol concentrations in healthy humans. Previous studies of phosphatidylcholine and blood lipids showed no clear effect. Thus the effect of phosphatidylcholine supplementation on blood lipids remains inconclusive, but is probably not large," and also mentioned that the current tolerable upper intake of choline for adults is 3.5g/day, so I think you should be fine.
There's also a study that 2g/day choline supplementation in taekwondo and judo athletes for one week before a competition "revealed significant differences between pre- and post-competition measurements of leptin, free plasma choline, urine choline and urine malondialdehyde levels; body mass was also reduced in the post-competition measurements. In conclusion, choline supplementation could rapidly reduce body mass without any side effects on biochemical levels or static strength."
The amount of Choline you're getting from PC in a concentrated PA supplement like PhosphaMuscle is going to be very small, as is the amount in Ep1c unleashed (pairing Ep1c Unleashed with lecithin granules, which has more PC than PhosphaMuscle, was actually the topic of that thread). Even if you're taking 5tbsp of lectihin granules, you're only getting 1.125g choline, and the amount of PC (there's even less total choline) in Ep1c is going to be trivial in reality. Animal Pak has 250mg choline, so even with very high doses of PA from granules, Ep1c Unleashed, and Animal Pak, you're still under the 2g choline that had benefits, and far under the 3.5g upper limit, although your diet will likely include some choline, but even 2g/day supplemental choline appears to be, if anything, beneficial.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is buying bulk still the cheapest form? It seems like you need a few kgs to run it for a fee months minimum.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I notice something while on fearns, after training I eat two tablespoons and at exactlly that time I have an irressistable desire about meat. I eat two slice of ham to calm down that desire and Im ok after that. If I dont eat the lecithin Im craving for something sweet as always. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Haha, I've noticed that before too. If I take some granles pre-workout, I have no problem eating a pound of ground beef and a few cups of white rice.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I've noticed that before too. If I take some granles pre-workout, I have no problem eating a pound of ground beef and a few cups of white rice.
Thats what Im talking! I forgot to mention that I take three spoons pre as well. Also my skin is oily with the lecithin. But.. it delivers!

Stickerflick

Awards
Hey guys, I've tried going through the whole thread to find the answer to my question but will jacked 3d affect the benefits of SLG? I'm starting fearns tomorrow and was wondering if I need to space them apart or just eat it and then take jacked 3d? This was pro pally mention but I don't really have all night to find it. Thanks fellas.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I've tried going through the whole thread to find the answer to my question but will jacked 3d affect the benefits of SLG? I'm starting fearns tomorrow and was wondering if I need to space them apart or just eat it and then take jacked 3d? This was pro pally mention but I don't really have all night to find it. Thanks fellas.
No issues.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Only thing I would suggest spacing dosing with when using soy granuals is protein & bcaas.

No negatives dosing together, but there is evidence that PA blunts the effect of leucine on mTOR.

So taking the two together doesn't = a greater mTOR response.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Only thing I would suggest spacing dosing with when using soy granuals is protein & bcaas.

No negatives dosing together, but there is evidence that PA blunts the effect of leucine on mTOR.

So taking the two together doesn't = a greater mTOR response.
Would dosing the about 1h apart be enough?

Right now I'm dosing my PA about 1h before workout and them some EAA with some added leucine right before workout.

nick76

nick76

Awards
I've been taking three spoons of fearn granules preworkout every day, but am now seeing that there may be benefits of taking the PA post workout as well. What are these benefits of using PA post workout and what's everyone's dosing looking like? 2 spoons pre, 1 spoon post?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking three spoons of fearn granules preworkout every day, but am now seeing that there may be benefits of taking the PA post workout as well. What are these benefits of using PA post workout and what's everyone's dosing looking like? 2 spoons pre, 1 spoon post?
The study most quoted split PA doses, so there is that.

Some argue (including myself) that you may be able to extend mTOR signalling for a longer period of time by splitting the doses.

BUT, there is new evidence that PA can blunt the effect of leucine on mTOR (no added benefit), so if you have a post workout shake right away I'd skip the PA post workout (or postpone the shake an hour or more).

Stickerflick

Awards
So it's better to eat SLG right after a workout? How bout an hour after post workout shake? I ask because I do IF (16/8) and after my workout I'm ready to grub. I just started SLG yesterday and today is my off day, do you eat SLG on off days?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
So it's better to eat SLG right after a workout? How bout an hour after post workout shake? I ask because I do IF (16/8) and after my workout I'm ready to grub. I just started SLG yesterday and today is my off day, do you eat SLG on off days?
Exercise stressors enhance the effect of the PA in soy granuals, so pre is the best. If you are going to chow down after your workout I would say to skip the post workout soy granuals and just have your meal.

IF you want, you could take a second dose of granuals about 3-4 hours after your meal, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Most of us dose on off days. PA works to increase mTOR even in the absence of exercise stressors (it is just impacted to a greater extent with exercise).

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
From what i can read in the study the combination Whey and PA gives a big increase in mTOR but blunts acute MPS (muscle protein synthesis) of the whey/leucine, this effect on MPS last about 3h from what i can understand?
So best would be to avoid takin whey/leucine for about 3h after taking PA as they counteract each other?

The study is done without the concideration on resistance training effects on mTOR.

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
So is taking PA pre-workout with BCAA's a bad idea?
According to the study, yes...

The study indicates that PA and Leucine together rapidly gives a huge boost in mTOR but it does not translate into greater MPS (muscle protein synthesis) but can acually inhibit and blunt the MPS compared to only leucine or only PA.
MPS is what we want and an increase in mTOR usually gives just that but the process is complicated and it could be so that PA and Leucine raise it to much that the body reacts in an negative feedback and blunts MPS.

This still is a very new study and no conclusions should be drawn just yet.

This happens when we hope on the bandwagon on new interesting supplements, it's could help us, not do a thing for us or maybe hold us back.

Like fenugreek: Sure it raise free testosterone, but it does it at the cost of lowering DHT = not the best for gains...

I have just ran PA for about 8 weeks now (with good gains, but then i am coming from at cut) and it's time for me to take a break and evaluate how the training is progressing without it.
With resent study at hand tough i think i will let leucine do my mTOR stimulation and await to see if PA is as good as they say it is.
More is not always better :)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've read through several pages of this thread, and I've seen some comments on fasted training, but I have a question:

Does anyone on SL train fasted? I work out first thing in the morning: wake up, put on clothes, drink my pre, and drive to the gym. Does anyone have any advice or experience with taking 2 tbsp of SL before training fasted? Just curious, thanks guys.