ice hockey

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Nope. Any Eastern team over Dallas or Detroit. Not a fan of the Flyers at all, but better than the West....Moot point anyway, I think.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks that way. The Pens are the only team that can give the Red wings a run.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I was hoping Dallas would make it a series just to tire the wings out a bit.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Same thing I had hoped the Rangers would do.
The unsettling thing for Flyers fans is the Pens didn't even play well in game 2, yet they were still a strong enough team to keep winning. The Pens are very well coached and they are shutting down the Flyers #1 line. Much props to the Pens the Flyers will be lucky to win 1 of 2 at home.

IainDaniel

Awards
Downey shows what a retard he is again. Why is this guy still playing hockey?

I wish someone would two hand him across the head.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
oh I wouldn't hold that pass against him too much, he's young and they tend to make mistakes now again -- Malkin did the same stupid cross ice pass that led to the breakway goal last game.. BUT I really didn't like the frustration hit he put on Sykora after he blew that pass.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Same thing I had hoped the Rangers would do.
The unsettling thing for Flyers fans is the Pens didn't even play well in game 2, yet they were still a strong enough team to keep winning. The Pens are very well coached and they are shutting down the Flyers #1 line. Much props to the Pens the Flyers will be lucky to win 1 of 2 at home.
Hey Marcus at least the flyers got this far and I'm sure the fans will appreciate it. I feel bad for Briere, didn't even get one shot on net last game :/ really bad for that guy.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your right AP. No philly fans expected them to make any noise or even make it to the playoffs for that matter. Its definitely a positive year. I got to hand it to the Pens they are extremely well coached and stuck to their game plan and Gonchar is just flat out awesome. I said Pens in 6. We shall see how tonight goes.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Flyers did what they needed to do last night. Wish Laraque was on the ice at the end when they were slashing Crosby off the face off.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Ya last nights game reminded me of the habs series. Philly really boxed out the pens and made it hard for them to score. Even with chances Biron stopped them. Good job to Philly for at least getting a win in the series, even if they go out it's not 4-0, that would suck. Now their going back to Pitts and a win there is almost impossible but we shall see.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I think Biron saved almost 40 shots -- he played great

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah he played solid. I think the Flyers can take 1 more in Pitt. But after that the show is over the Pens have to much skill.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought Flyers would lose in Six and the Stars in 5. Guess I had it backwards. Congrats Bum M Your Pens played very well!!!

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Yeah, they looked good. I know they are scoring a lot, but their defense has been pretty solid too. Got the deflections they needed. Congrats to the Flyers, what a turnaround season. Even though it was 4-1, it seemed like a closer series.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Time to put my Flyer's gear away. I already have my Phillies apparel on. lol.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I agree the flyers had a great run but the pens just have too many household names, so much skill.... Looks like Detroit and the Pens in the final. What a series that will be.

I think the best goal of the flyers series was when Malkin did his power shot right in front of Biron, that was just awesome.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Malkin

I agree the flyers had a great run but the pens just have too many household names, so much skill.... Looks like Detroit and the Pens in the final. What a series that will be.

I think the best goal of the flyers series was when Malkin did his power shot right in front of Biron, that was just awesome.
Indeed Malkin must of shot the puck over 100 MPH I'm kinda glad it didn't hit Biron it might have killed him. Richards gave him a clean check and it took Malkin a while to collect himself. He was just clearing the zone when I think it was Gonchar hit him with the pass.
That was the most amazing goal. I actually thought he was going to fake the shot. LOL your right AP that shot was awesome.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Indeed Malkin must of shot the puck over 100 MPH I'm kinda glad it didn't hit Biron it might have killed him. Richards gave him a clean check and it took Malkin a while to collect himself. He was just clearing the zone when I think it was Gonchar hit him with the pass.
That was the most amazing goal. I actually thought he was going to fake the shot. LOL your right AP that shot was awesome.
Ya the flyers are out but you have to admit that the Red wings vs Pens will be a great series.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt. I am glad the Pens are representing the East instead of the Flyers. Flyers would not be able to skate with the Wings that would have been a sweep just like 97'. I can not believe not one game in the east or western conference did not go O.T.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Probably biases, but Pens in six. I can't see Detroit closing it out in Pittsburgh in a game six.
I just read on CBC that Franzen is close. But they had so many typos in the story that I won't trust anything they say, lol. Said Detroit won the series 4-1.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
It's going to be a crazy match up, can't wait for Saturday. Two power house teams and if I'm not mistaken they didn't meet in the regular season?

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Guys, enjoy the games the game Saturday. I'm heading up north to work on the cabin. Small town, but there's a lodge that will have the game on, so I'll be watching with my Ulf Sammuelsson jersey on, lol.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys, enjoy the games the game Saturday. I'm heading up north to work on the cabin. Small town, but there's a lodge that will have the game on, so I'll be watching with my Ulf Sammuelsson jersey on, lol.
omg bum you do not have an ULF shirt

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Number five, black and gold from 1991. Here's who I have....
Lemieux (black), of course. Coffey (ugly ass yellow), Kasparaitis (white), Francis (black), a nameless blue one, a nameless white and blue sweater one....
But Ulf seems to come out this time of year....
Maybe I do need help.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Hey, I have an autographed Ed Hospodar puck....Hmmm, calling a shrink right now....
I have a lot of odd stuff. One of our oldest family friends is one of the announcers with NBC and Versus, so I've been to a number of events and he's picked me up some stuff.

IainDaniel

Awards

I have my Tie Domi photo in phases showing the knock out punch :D on Ulf :hammer:
Framed and Autographed mounted on my wall above my TV

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Sykora didn't play in the pre-season? He's extremely underrated for what he does, I think he's top 3 on the pens right now. Malkin has to be the best player though, Crosby's good but Malkin is just amazing. What do you guys think?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Oh ya can't wait for the game. Definitely gonna surround sound that when I come back from the gym.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Well, I love Malkin and Sykora, but it would be nice if they would show up for the finals at some point. Detroit has just shut everyone down. Only signs of life I've seen are Dupuois, Roberts, Orpik? Crosby has had a few nice plays, but....the wings have the Pens in total lock down. Hoping things will change in Pitt. I think they will, but I don't think there is any way the Pens come back.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum

Well, I love Malkin and Sykora, but it would be nice if they would show up for the finals at some point. Detroit has just shut everyone down. Only signs of life I've seen are Dupuois, Roberts, Orpik? Crosby has had a few nice plays, but....the wings have the Pens in total lock down. Hoping things will change in Pitt. I think they will, but I don't think there is any way the Pens come back.
Imagine if the Pens didn't represent the East. The wings would be embarrassing any other team. I just glad they are enjoyable games to watch and the Pens are extremely competitive.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sykora didn't play in the pre-season? He's extremely underrated for what he does, I think he's top 3 on the pens right now. Malkin has to be the best player though, Crosby's good but Malkin is just amazing. What do you guys think?
lol wow thats a tough call they both can score yet they both are amazing passers. I would have to say whomever wears the C on their jersey is better.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Malkin you tend to notice more. Crosby seems to lurk and then make the amazing pass. I'll take either. Better yet, both.
Son's game for tomorrow was moved. I get to watch the game.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Malkin you tend to notice more. Crosby seems to lurk and then make the amazing pass. I'll take either. Better yet, both.
Son's game for tomorrow was moved. I get to watch the game.
ahhhh hows that for divine guidance?

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Pen's need to stop the no look drop pass BS and connect. Way to many misses last night!

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Yep. Need to get past the blue line and start the cycle that they'd been so good at. Grind it out for a bit to open up the big play.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I didn't expect it to be like this. I am sure it will be a different game when they play in Pittsburgh but my god is Detroit a powerful team. They just have all the experience. Pittsburgh has all the star players but lack to connect. Look at Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk... who the hell are these guys anyways? No one heard of them 2-3 years ago and look at them now. Osgood isn't getting tested like he should, the pens had opportunities but still. The score in game 1 didn't reflect the hockey game as most goals were scored in the third but again a goal was called back in the first which clearly was a goal for Detroit. Game 2's score was legit. Game 3 will be crazy, can't wait. I predict Pittsburgh will win both their games at home. If they don't I'm a douche bag.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Both games? If the Wings survive the first 10 minutes of game 3 the series is over. The Pens are so frustrated they are punching Franzin in the head. I feel bad for Roberts he is having a hard time keeping up with the pace.

IainDaniel

Awards
Imagine if the Pens didn't represent the East. The wings would be embarrassing any other team. I just glad they are enjoyable games to watch and the Pens are extremely competitive.
That is a little hard to speculate. It all comes to match ups.

However Detroit is pretty damn impressive.

IainDaniel

Awards
Look at Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk... who the hell are these guys anyways? No one heard of them 2-3 years ago and look at them now.
Zetterberg and Datsyuk have been on the radar since they joined the league. Remember these are both relatively young guys. Zetterberg is 28. Datsyuk is 30 and has had over 80 points the last few seasons.

I still Hate Detroit. :D