ice hockey

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
That was a great game with some amazing goal tending. I thought JR was going to score the game winner. Does Dallas have a shot against the WINGS?
Well, didn't think they had a shot against the Ducks or Sharks, so never know, I guess. Can't see it though, but....

Be fun to see the two kids who grew up in Pittsburgh, Malone and Umberger out there.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

Biron is just unstoppable. I will be curious how the Pens figure him out but the flyers did a good job though so good luck to your team. I will have to obviously pull for the Pens now ;). Crosby, Malkin and Hossa will really test Biron, can't wait to see it.
Wait hold on a sec you have to pull for the fly guys cause it makes the Habs look better. Seems logical to me!@#$%???:afro:

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum

Well, didn't think they had a shot against the Ducks or Sharks, so never know, I guess. Can't see it though, but....

Be fun to see the two kids who grew up in Pittsburgh, Malone and Umberger out there.
I 100% agree about those 2 upsets. Whats up with Roberts condition?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Wait hold on a sec you have to pull for the fly guys cause it makes the Habs look better. Seems logical to me!@#$%???:afro:
LOL ya it is logical but they did, after all, beat my habs so I have to pull for the Pens :) but either way the better team will win so we'll see who wants it more.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

LOL ya it is logical but they did, after all, beat my habs so I have to pull for the Pens :) but either way the better team will win so we'll see who wants it more.
Well what about the underdog? Its not as fun to root for the favorite. Ap I am all of crafty rhetoric I guess I just deal with it. :sad:

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
They're saying Roberts is set to go. Not sure about Talbot.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

They're saying Roberts is set to go. Not sure about Talbot.
Oh man, thats not good news for the flyers. He plays a sound game. He beat the piss out of one of the Flyers this year in a fight.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
He works the hardest on the team other than maybe talbot. Not bad for an old guy. I guess his workout regiment is insane. Wish Friday would get here.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah Roberts is all business. We are in for a great series. Pitt has a sick home winning streak in the playoffs. I hate to admit this but the Pens might just be destined to win the cup. And to think they were almost sold recently to a group of investors.

IainDaniel

Awards
Yeah Roberts is all business. We are in for a great series. Pitt has a sick home winning streak in the playoffs. I hate to admit this but the Pens might just be destined to win the cup. And to think they were almost sold recently to a group of investors.

I know in Canada :(

I was hoping so I could finally cheer for another team other then the Leafs

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Went through it with the North Stars, and almost a number of times with the Pens. I hate it.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My uncle was actually one of the investors. I dont think they will be going anywhere for a long long time. ID you have to love the fact that the Leafs stuck together and didn't opt out to me that was a great move for hockey.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Well what about the underdog? Its not as fun to root for the favorite. Ap I am all of crafty rhetoric I guess I just deal with it. :sad:
'

You guys aren't really underdogs anymore, you have great players a great goaltender. The flyers hit the net hard and that's how you get the goals in the playoffs. I don't see the pens hitting hard enough. Biron will be tested but he's a better goalie than Fleury. Another thing, Montreal and Pittsburgh both have similar game stlyes where we depend on our skill and speed so if Philly can do what they did against montreal to the pens you guys are good to go to the cup finals and I'll pull for the flyers 100% ;)

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
'

You guys aren't really underdogs anymore, you have great players a great goaltender. The flyers hit the net hard and that's how you get the goals in the playoffs. I don't see the pens hitting hard enough. Biron will be tested but he's a better goalie than Fleury. Another thing, Montreal and Pittsburgh both have similar game stlyes where we depend on our skill and speed so if Philly can do what they did against montreal to the pens you guys are good to go to the cup finals and I'll pull for the flyers 100% ;)
You have a deal Ap :clap2:

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I don't see the pens hitting hard enough.
Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque....gotta disagree....if the flyers win though, I'll be rooting for them as well.
Roberts is haunting me already I think he will be the key to the series!! Laraque is pound for pound the toughest player in the NHL. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Cote.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

They have to, don't they?
It seems as if they have to. In fact I expect Laraque to make the score sheet a few times. He has great hands and commands a lot of room out there. I think the Flyers wont commit a lot of attention (simply cause they cant cause of Cros. and Mal.) much like they didn't to Brashear in the cap series. Wow this is going to be an intense series.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
We have a Steelers bar here in St. Paul. A lot of them are getting together there to watch the game. Trying to get the pass at home, but no go so far. Be ind of fun to see it with a group. If not, watching with my son isn't a bad deal either....

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum

We have a Steelers bar here in St. Paul. A lot of them are getting together there to watch the game. Trying to get the pass at home, but no go so far. Be ind of fun to see it with a group. If not, watching with my son isn't a bad deal either....
It's a win win for situation for sure.
If you do venture out nothing like knocking back a few iron city's and maybe find a terrible towel to swing around :woohoo:

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
errrrr im guessing they dont have any iron city there. you have time to ship some ups. Maybe they do if its a steelers bar. thats a good question huh?

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Actually, a few of the stores carry it, but they treat it like an import. Love the aluminum bottles, lol. In the old days, some of the pilots for NWA would bring some back for the playoff games. I have to go to Mays Landing, NJ periodically for work, fly into Philly. Had a few Yuenglings over the last year.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me know if your going to be in South Jersey during a weekend in the summer. I head down there a lot.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I know i'll be there August 18-22. Generally stay either in AC or Egg Harbor. Not sure if anything before that. Hope not, too much going on here. I know I'll be in Dallas and San Antonio this summer too. But yeah, I'll let you know for sure.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Phillies play the Nationals and the Dodgers that week keep me posted. Your not bringing your clubs out are ya?

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I wish, the place I stay in Egg H has a course, but I've never been able to try it out. I'm our corporate trainer, so I give speeches and training sessions for new employees and for new processes, etc, so by the time I'm done it's getting dark. I stayed a weekend once last year, but that was in February.....Be fun to catch a game, pass by the stadiums everytime. When I head home, I stay right by the airport, so that's convenient...

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

I wish, the place I stay in Egg H has a course, but I've never been able to try it out. I'm our corporate trainer, so I give speeches and training sessions for new employees and for new processes, etc, so by the time I'm done it's getting dark. I stayed a weekend once last year, but that was in February.....Be fun to catch a game, pass by the stadiums everytime. When I head home, I stay right by the airport, so that's convenient...
My pop lives in Egg Harbor Township Right by AC. You have the ultimate Job. Your position is awesome!! Yeah let me know what night for the Phils ill hook up some duckets.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Hey don't get me wrong Mahoney, Pens do have a few guys that can really rush the net... but the entire damn Philly squad does just that. Umbergers a beast. The pens just have so many skilled players I can't see them struggling so it will be interesting to see these two teams match up.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Love Umberger. He'll be up for this one, has to be weird playing the team you grew up with, and kind of fun. Be interesting if he and Malone get on the ice together, imagine some hitting will be going on. Tomorrow should be physical as they try to take the upper hand, lot of hitting I would guess. Orpik generally leads the Pens in hits. How did I forget about him? Hope Hartnell is in the box a lot like usual, hope Ruutu stays out. Doubt it.

IainDaniel

Awards
My uncle was actually one of the investors. I dont think they will be going anywhere for a long long time. ID you have to love the fact that the Leafs stuck together and didn't opt out to me that was a great move for hockey.
Not sure what you mean?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id

Not sure what you mean?
At the trade deadline high profile players such as Blake and Sundin to name a few were thinking about getting traded to a playoff contender. They decided they were going to stay put and try and make a playoff push it didn't work out but very admirable.

IainDaniel

Awards
Ah no they didn't try and stay for that reason.

The leafs were really trying to move them. When you have over 20 million tied up with a crappy defence, something needs to be done.

Sundin I can appreciate him staying he has been the only consistent player, just has no support cast.

As a leaf fan, there is no optimistic view in the near future. They are near salary cap limit, with overpaid players, they won't be a playoff contender next year either.

They did fire Paul Maurice yesterday (Head Coach) so there is speculation that a new GM will be hired soon.

I just want a new team in Southern Ontario. Sure it would probably ruin the Buffalo franchise as those are mostly Canadians heading south to watch a game at a reasonable value. But atleast I would have a team to cheer for :D I have given up on the leafs 41 years since there last Stanely Cup. Heck 41 years since they last made the Stanley cup finals.

Oh well..... my attention is too the Jays now LOL.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id

Ah no they didn't try and stay for that reason.

The leafs were really trying to move them. When you have over 20 million tied up with a crappy defence, something needs to be done.

Sundin I can appreciate him staying he has been the only consistent player, just has no support cast.

As a leaf fan, there is no optimistic view in the near future. They are near salary cap limit, with overpaid players, they won't be a playoff contender next year either.

They did fire Paul Maurice yesterday (Head Coach) so there is speculation that a new GM will be hired soon.

I just want a new team in Southern Ontario. Sure it would probably ruin the Buffalo franchise as those are mostly Canadians heading south to watch a game at a reasonable value. But atleast I would have a team to cheer for :D I have given up on the leafs 41 years since there last Stanely Cup. Heck 41 years since they last made the Stanley cup finals.

Oh well..... my attention is too the Jays now LOL.
My bad thats how the media portrayed it in Philly.

IainDaniel

Awards
Bob Clarke Said he would consider the GM job in Toronto if offered.

If that ever happened I would burn every leaf merchandise I own.

He is borderline retarded.

IainDaniel

Awards
My bad thats how the media portrayed it in Philly.

No worries.

The leafs have a bunch of big deals with no trade clauses.

The leafs tried to move them, but they either refused to waive the no trade clause, or they were not getting any bites for these over paid bums :D

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i think the Red Wings will win this series. What do you guys think?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id

Bob Clarke Said he would consider the GM job in Toronto if offered.

If that ever happened I would burn every leaf merchandise I own.

He is borderline retarded.
Great player bad GM lol he picked up ratche and hatcher even after they changed the rules lmao

IainDaniel

Awards
i think the Red Wings will win this series. What do you guys think?
I honestly think Dallas will give them a good run. They have been challenged.

Detroit had two bird matches.

I say Dallas wins.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this is going to be a great series. For some reason I have a hard time watching the Stars. The are gelling ill give them that!

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I can't stand the Wings. I hope they sweep Dallas though. No one I hate more than them.
I say Wings in 6.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
No Timonen. That's a blow for the Flyers. Wings in five looks like a good pick....

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum

No Timonen. That's a blow for the Flyers. Wings in five looks like a good pick....
Indeed Timonen is the center piece, he is a shut down D-Man. He played great defending Alexander the Great.
Who's going to slow down Crosby now? Who is going to stop Malkin? Pens have way to much Fire Power. Biron is playing great but We are talking about Malkin and Sid the Kid.
I would of said Flyers in 7 but now its Pens in 6. :sad:

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Well, they have big bodies, have to find a way to put it on them somehow. It is too bad. Didn't he run the powerplay too?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

Well, they have big bodies, have to find a way to put it on them somehow. It is too bad. Didn't he run the powerplay too?
Yeah he is on the pk too. Hes played the most minutes per game then any other Flyer.