ice hockey

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bum M

Well, it cost us over $2200 this year when you add in league cost, travelling costs, new skates/helmet/etc.
I don't think he'll play through high school. Baseball is his main game. Plays football and hockey too, but I imagine he'll eventually focus on one.

I am set for tonight. Wife is taking the younger two out for dinner and movie and Aiden and I are watching the game together.
Dammm those are some series payments. How awesome is game 1 going to be chill n with your boy? Doesn't get any better then that!!!

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Will be fun.
I see Gary Roberts is out tonight. Sucks.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Game was insane last night. You gotta love the action so far in the second round. Pens really remind me of the habs this season. Their both skilled and fast and very capable of making a comeback. Tonight we're going to see what Philly has to offer. I'm predicting a Philly win tonight, I don't know why I am feeling it.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

Yup I called it, Philly won last night and it was a hell of a game. Biron was just absolutely amazing in nets. They said on hockey night in canada that he was the difference of the hockey game no doubt about it, stopped everything montreal could offer.

Montreal's going to win game 3. The first two games they played like Don Cherry said, "Dopy" because of the game 7 win in Boston so they all feel like heroes but when they're on the road reality is going to hit them. I have to say Philly is a great team, everyone says they're just hitters but they have just as much skill as montreal if you ask me.

Pens played a great game too, but Rangers came really close. It will be interesting to see how they play in New York.
Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time ;).
The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Dam Ap the last thing I wanted is another psychic prediction from you about tonight. I hope the message you decoded from your spirit guide was misinterpreted this time ;).
The Habs are something like 9-1 in playoff games in Philly. Not to mention their amazing power play this year on the road was amazing. I think tonight's game 3 is so crucial it will determine the winner of the series.
There was a cheap shot after game 2. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers dress Riley Cote. I think this game might get ugly in a hurry. Like the time Ed Hospidar fought Claude Lemeuix after pre game warm ups for shooting the pick into the Flyers net. And then Flyers Coach Mike Keenan had to lock Ron Hextall in the locker room so he wouldn't go out and get into the brawl.
Pens/Rangers what can you say about that series? Simply amazing hockey being played in those 2 games.
Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Saturday was a roller coaster at my house during the game. Missed it yesterday since my son had a baseball game, but I brought my XM radio and listed to some of it. That Phily game was fun too.
San Jose...?
Colorado looks tired.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

Well the reason the cheap shot was given was because(I forget his name) on Phily gave a really cocky smile so I think it was smolinski who gave him a cheap shot, wasn't a hard blow but still cheap. Ya it will definitely get rough in game 3, I know Montreal is pissed for losing at home but even though they have a good record against the Flyers in Philly it doesn't mean anything since the playoffs are a whole new season. It will be another intense game for sure. If Philly's going to beat Montreal they have to hit the net hard and Price needs to play better.

The pens and Rangers is another good game. Crosby is diving a lot though, it's not his fault you have to do what it takes to win in the playoffs. He does have sick moves though I'll admit to that. It's not like the rangers are getting outplayed, they're pretty even with even chances but they need to formulate a line that can score quick. The pens are the only team in the playoffs with no losses, haven't seen that in awhile.

Good luck to your Philly squad Marcus, will be another entertaining game.
Oh see in Philly we did not see the taunt at all, we didn't even see the cheap shot we just heard about it. So after hearing about the taunt, I can see why he deserved the shot. Price is a solid goalie your right the Flyers need to crash the net and get rebounds. Rebounds are just about the only way to beat Price.
Guy Carbonneau is key if he can figure out for his wingers and center to get to the blue line and dump in, the Flyers D cant skate with the oncoming rush with out obstructing or interfering with the habs speed. Guy has a few more adjustments to make. Best of Luck to your Habs, I think this game will decide the series it just doesn't get any better then this. I am not sure who but a 4-2 final.

I agree I do not think the blue shirts are getting outplayed either . The Pens are doing a better job of finishing off plays.

IainDaniel

Awards
The Goal Post and Biron are certainly the Flyers best friends.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great game last night. I sat next to the Habs bench. To me the Habs looked like they were in a daze. When they started to wake up they had a 5 Min major power play. The Flyers were lucky to skate away with game 3. I will post a few pics from last night.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once they killed the two man advantage and Mont hit the crossbar, you just had a feeling it was the Flyers night. Habs looked good in the third period though.
Get the feeling the Flyers might be the team that keeps sneaking up on people this year. Daughter has a track meet tonight, so I have to listen to the games on my XM. Oh well.
Habs looked amazing in the 3rd. I thought Guy was going to make me eat my words when I screamed a few things at him when he walked by me after the second period. :rofl: If the Habs can play with as much intensity as they did in the 3rd Flyers will be in trouble. I think the Habs got their wake up call and are going to come out in game 4 and light up the board.
Bum can you tape the Pen game? And watch it when you get home? Or do you need to know what is going on live?

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bm

I thought about it, but I am one of those that needs it live. Maybe I'll try it. I was going to watch the late game when I got home and would hear the score anyway if I did.
Guy looks like he's had a few broken noses, eh? They came screaming back. Hatcher....former North Star...grrr.
Yeah guy was a great player and a class act. I cant believe I laid into him but I was toasted up and cocky after being up 3-0 after 2. Maybe you can help me out, I didn't see what Hatcher did, all I saw was dude bleeding as he walked past me to get repaired. Ill tell you what saved the Flyers besides the post was the to many men call with about 4 min left.

IainDaniel

Awards
Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
He evidently elbowed and rode him into the boards. Boarding was the call. The guy had a visor on but there was still blood around the eye. I didn't see it either.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Habs biggest problem is that they don't park a guy in front of the net. Biron can see every shot clearly and doesn't have to worry about deflections.
Good point. I wonder why?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Great game last night. I sat next to the Habs bench. To me the Habs looked like they were in a daze. When they started to wake up they had a 5 Min major power play. The Flyers were lucky to skate away with game 3. I will post a few pics from last night.
That's just amazing. Can't wait to see the pics. I was in Plasttsburgh watching the game in my hotel. I could go to game 5 at the Bell Centre but I don't know if I'll have time. You must have had a blast! Yup the Flyers beat the Canadiens clean, no excuses there. Price is not looking good at all, he's going to get so much **** from the fans and the media when he returns. Game 4 will be even more exciting.

BTW how did you manage to get those tickets?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

That's just amazing. Can't wait to see the pics. I was in Plasttsburgh watching the game in my hotel. I could go to game 5 at the Bell Centre but I don't know if I'll have time. You must have had a blast! Yup the Flyers beat the Canadiens clean, no excuses there. Price is not looking good at all, he's going to get so much **** from the fans and the media when he returns. Game 4 will be even more exciting.

BTW how did you manage to get those tickets?
Yeah Price's glove is a little shaky he still made some good saves. He ended up sitting next to me. I think The Habs of been awaken and will light up the board tonight. Im kinda not looking forward to it.
My cousins have 4 seats 1st row next to the visitors bench. My other cousin has 2 1st row right on the blue line. And 2 more 12th row behind the sin bin. I got the call last minute for game 3. Good luck tonight. I seriously do not think the fly guys we be able to match the Habs intensity.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the pics Marcus, very interesting. To be honest I thought from the start Price is young and inexperienced. He's only 20. It annoys me when the media says he's amazing. I think he's ok but no great. It's the defense that makes him great, put any goalie behind that defense and he'll be good.

Tonight we shall see. At least this is good hockey, the team that wins deserves it. Doesn't matter if the habs were 1st in the eastern conference because Philly has a great game plan and it's working. When we get a power play you guys defend perfectly. I think the games on tonight. Good luck to your team Marcus and it will be a hell of a hockey game.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alex

Thanks for the pics Marcus, very interesting. To be honest I thought from the start Price is young and inexperienced. He's only 20. It annoys me when the media says he's amazing. I think he's ok but no great. It's the defense that makes him great, put any goalie behind that defense and he'll be good.

Tonight we shall see. At least this is good hockey, the team that wins deserves it. Doesn't matter if the habs were 1st in the eastern conference because Philly has a great game plan and it's working. When we get a power play you guys defend perfectly. I think the games on tonight. Good luck to your team Marcus and it will be a hell of a hockey game.
I dont think there is anyway to stop the Habs powerplay. Habs Power Play is the best Ive seen all year.
The back up for price (Halak) another rookie I think only had to face a few pucks but he looked awesome and had the angles well covered and was very quick. I was very impressed with his agility.
I think the Eastern Conference Championship is being played in Pitt/Ranger series. I hate to admit it but the Pens are playing sickest hockey right now.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
You guys see this? Found it at Fox News. Sad. Love to hate him, but don't like to hear this about anyone.

NEW YORK — New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its Web site Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical center. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Karma is a beyotch. That's what happens when you act like a jack azz in front of the best goaltender ever. I am glad he will be ok.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its weird my senior year I had an all * football game. In the last practice the linebacker next to me went up and made an incredible 1 handed interception and landed hard on his tail bone. He bounced up and finished the last couple plays of practice.
We found out the day of the game that he had the same injury as Sean. It is scary because you do not feel the effects until hours later if at all. Imagine bleeding internally and not even knowing it. I am so relieved that Sean got the proper treatment in time.
******For all the parents out there I think it is key to try and watch your kids compete, obviously, we cant be at every practice. So I think it is necessary to educate them on this type of injury (landing on your tail bone) especially since they wont know they are hurt!!!******

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Pens all the whey!!!!

Who's going to stop Crosby and Malkin... come on now... let's be serious.. and last night, Jagr got lucky...

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bb

Pens all the whey!!!!

Who's going to stop Crosby and Malkin... come on now... let's be serious.. and last night, Jagr got lucky...
Im just asking for 2 more games thats just one more win for the Rangers.
I Definitely do not think the Flyers or Habs would even come close. I think the Wings are the only team that can beat the Pens. The Red Wings are faster then the Pens and have more experience.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I've said the phrase "fvckin jagr" atleast 30 times over the last week.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
lmao he got jolted after that goal
I know! I'm glad he was alright though..

I don't like the Rangers but he's so good -- oh and I can't stand how he gets booed in pittsburgh like they do to crosby in NY.. I don't know who came up with booing the most talented player(s) on the opposing team but that's immature, sh!tty sportsmanship and I hate when fans do that -- especially my own Pens fans! It's embarassing..

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
That was a great series Marcus, really entertaining. The flyers deserved to win. We shall see now how they will do against the pens.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Red Dog

I know! I'm glad he was alright though..

I don't like the Rangers but he's so good -- oh and I can't stand how he gets booed in pittsburgh like they do to crosby in NY.. I don't know who came up with booing the most talented player(s) on the opposing team but that's immature, sh!tty sportsmanship and I hate when fans do that -- especially my own Pens fans! It's embarassing..
Yeah when the home fans boo birds come out its for a reason. I can see why the Pens fans do it to Jagr its cause they wished he never left. I don't know why The Ranger fans do it to Crosby prolly something he did. Not to many cities like his style. Prolly cause he complains a lot.
I thought the Hab's fans would let up on booing Briere cause he was a free agent and didn't sign with the city he grew up in but they didn't. I don't know I guess I don't mind it. I think its funny when the Pen fans were booing Jagr. It just makes it that much harder to play for the opposing team plus I think it helps the home team fans bond. Then again I'm from Philly and we enjoy booing at our own players when things are not going right.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ap

That was a great series Marcus, really entertaining. The flyers deserved to win. We shall see now how they will do against the pens.
Great series AP I think the Habs ran into the hottest goaltender of the 08 playoffs. I definitely think the Pens have a better team then the Flyers especially on defense. The only way the Flyers get passed the Pens is if Biron can play like he has been.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
And so starts the battle of PA. Well, not until friday.
Can't wait, should be a good, tough one.

IainDaniel

Awards
Battle of PA..... pfft :D

Did you see the Game last night San Jose and Dallas. Now that was some of the best hockey all playoffs.

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
Can't argue. Fell asleep in first overtime. Hate to see Dallas win, but the games were great.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
B.m>

And so starts the battle of PA. Well, not until friday.
Can't wait, should be a good, tough one.
What makes this series more exciting is the fact that both teams hate each other.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id

Battle of PA..... pfft :D

Did you see the Game last night San Jose and Dallas. Now that was some of the best hockey all playoffs.
That was a great game with some amazing goal tending. I thought JR was going to score the game winner. Does Dallas have a shot against the WINGS?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Biron is just unstoppable. I will be curious how the Pens figure him out but the flyers did a good job though so good luck to your team. I will have to obviously pull for the Pens now ;). Crosby, Malkin and Hossa will really test Biron, can't wait to see it.

IainDaniel

Awards
Well as long as they don't copy Montreal, and not have anyone in front being a nuisance then it should be an easy series :D