I think i'm buying too many Supps!

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
As a UK university student I get student loans and grants on a 'per-term' basis (or i guess per-semester to you guys'). So in preparation for October (when i get my first instalment) I've been putting in the supplements I've recently purchased into my NP cart in quantities that will last me till Mid January when the second term's money arrives.

It looks like this:

4x Rejuvenation Stack By: RPN (NOxidant, Gut Health, Poseidon)
single unit : $55.99
Total = $223.96

4x ADAM (90 vcaps) By: NOW Foods
Single Unit : $10.95
Total = $43.80

PowerFULL (NEW!)(90 caps) By: USPLabs
Single Unit : $34.95
Total = $139.80

ZMK (120 Tabs) By: Millennium Sport Technologies
Single Unit : $18.95
Total = $75.80

Green Magnitude (1.83 lb) By: Controlled Labs
Single Unit : $35.95
Total = $35.95

TOTAL = $519.31 :jaw:

What makes it even more crazy is that this doesn't even include protein (which because of its weight, i buy in the UK to save on shipping).

Also other than PowerFULL and Posiedon, they're all pretty rudimentary supplements:

Multi Vit
Anti-Oxidant
Digestive Aid
ZMA
Creatine

I have some Prime currently on its way to me and if this works well then i'll want another 2 bottles to last me as well. :sad:

Have I lost the plot? :trout:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Supplements in general are way over-rated. I've never steadily used anything, not even protein or creatine, and I've made great progress.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
At least your buying good products :D

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Its a lot of money, but I couldnt advise not buying gut health, ADAM or zmk, all amazing staples.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
It would seem like you have a supp addiction.

Consider buying some NAC. It has been shown to help subjectscope with various types of addictions. :)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
If it makes you feel any better, i spent far more than that just on going out in "freshers week"... which was actually freshers fortnight.

Waved goodbye to some £500....

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
EDIT - how the hell did this doubble post? please delete!

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Hehe yeah been there, actually in my last year now so all this good eating, working out etc, is supposed to help me stay away from alcohol and therefore, study harder.

Hope it works out that way.

On the plus side i havent had even a sip of alcohol in over a month (my birthday) so when university does start up again it should only take a couple of shandy's to have me drunk :D

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
You are throwing away your money on very average supps. Why dont you just got to myprotein.com or bulkpowders.com and buy everything in bulk powder form. Much cheaper and a lot better value. The NOW adam is a good price and im not sure what ZMK is but ZMA is very cheap off those sites as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplements in general are way over-rated. I've never steadily used anything, not even protein or creatine, and I've made great progress.
This is absolutely true, you can make tremendous progress without any supplementation whatsoever. Supps don't make you progress then only help you progress. How much depends on the supplement.

I will say that the impact of supplementation grows with age however. At 50 it is very difficult for me to get out what I put in, supps help me do that.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
As a UK university student I get student loans and grants on a 'per-term' basis (or i guess per-semester to you guys'). So in preparation for October (when i get my first instalment) I've been putting in the supplements I've recently purchased into my NP cart in quantities that will last me till Mid January when the second term's money arrives.

It looks like this:

4x Rejuvenation Stack By: RPN (NOxidant, Gut Health, Poseidon)
single unit : $55.99
Total = $223.96

4x ADAM (90 vcaps) By: NOW Foods
Single Unit : $10.95
Total = $43.80

PowerFULL (NEW!)(90 caps) By: USPLabs
Single Unit : $34.95
Total = $139.80

ZMK (120 Tabs) By: Millennium Sport Technologies
Single Unit : $18.95
Total = $75.80

Green Magnitude (1.83 lb) By: Controlled Labs
Single Unit : $35.95
Total = $35.95

TOTAL = $519.31 :jaw:

What makes it even more crazy is that this doesn't even include protein (which because of its weight, i buy in the UK to save on shipping).

Also other than PowerFULL and Posiedon, they're all pretty rudimentary supplements:

Multi Vit
Anti-Oxidant
Digestive Aid
ZMA
Creatine

I have some Prime currently on its way to me and if this works well then i'll want another 2 bottles to last me as well. :sad:

Have I lost the plot? :trout:
I guess it depends on how you look at it. You bought 4 months worth of a staple stack... that's gonna be expensive to buy all at once.

I spend between $100-200 a month (including protein) on my supplements, that is simply what I budget.

You could get great results out of eating well and lifting without any supplements, remember, they are JUST supplements. As in supplemental, as in you don't necessarily need them, they will just help out a bit.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I'm having to cut back on my monthly Nutraplanet binges. I can't take it with me and I don't know yet what they will let have in Afghanistan.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yes, you can get most of what you need through healthy whole food sources if you are extremely dedicated.
but who wants to eat a pound of salmon every single day to get enough fish oil to get results?
and eat an assortment of raw vegetables continuously to get every mineral and vitamin necessary to support a hard taxing bbing regimen?
and i don't know about you but when i try and hit more than 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight it gets extremely difficult to do it consistently without the convenience of protein powder.

i feel supplements are necessary if you want convenience and still wish to maximize results. you are mistaken if you think it is simple to get the proper micro-nutrients from whole foods.

Last edited:

thaifighter

Awards
If it makes you feel any better, i spent far more than that just on going out in "freshers week"... which was actually freshers fortnight.

Waved goodbye to some £500....
This is a good point.

How much does the average Uni student spend on booze, fags etc?

My friends would go out and drink every night - 20 quid a night as a student at least (since we can get it cheap lol). So that's what, at least 100 but more like 200 / $350 per week on alcohol and going to clubs.

If you enjoy taking supplements, feel they benefit your goals, and don't rely on them as a crux....then why not. It's hardly the worst thing you could spend your money on - hell, they're not even that expensive compared to how much most girls spend on handbags and clothing (my sister bought an 800 / $1400 handbag recently lol!).

thaifighter

Awards
You are throwing away your money on very average supps. Why dont you just got to myprotein.com or bulkpowders.com and buy everything in bulk powder form. Much cheaper and a lot better value. The NOW adam is a good price and im not sure what ZMK is but ZMA is very cheap off those sites as well.
Bollocks.

I've taken bulk powders - and to be honest, most are crap compared to the branded equivalent that's been researched and designed by experts.

Green Mag / SizeOn vs. Bulk Creatine Mono = Creatine Mono loses in terms of the best results.

This is based on using all the above several times, and having a decent level of experience on this.

Hell, even if you want protein....you can get Nutrisport delivered for the same price as "bulk" stuff - and at least you're not buying something that's mixed in someone's garage (well...warehouse...which is how "bulk" stuff tends to get blended - and why you'll occasionally find stuff in it that you don't want, aka the recent picture of a bug that was pulled out of some protein and posted on one of the big forums recently).

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Bollocks.

I've taken bulk powders - and to be honest, most are crap compared to the branded equivalent that's been researched and designed by experts.

Green Mag / SizeOn vs. Bulk Creatine Mono = Creatine Mono loses in terms of the best results.

This is based on using all the above several times, and having a decent level of experience on this.

Hell, even if you want protein....you can get Nutrisport delivered for the same price as "bulk" stuff - and at least you're not buying something that's mixed in someone's garage (well...warehouse...which is how "bulk" stuff tends to get blended - and why you'll occasionally find stuff in it that you don't want, aka the recent picture of a bug that was pulled out of some protein and posted on one of the big forums recently).
:wave:
Look in a dictionary for the definition of idiot and there's your ugly mug.

"Bulk powders are made in a warehouse" where the fukk do you think the sup companies have their products made???

Bulk mono is mono. Weather its in a green tub with pretty coloured capsules it is the exact same thing. Your every sup companies wet dream, some kid who gets all excited by the ludicrous claims on their products and bogus marketing scams.

designed by experts?? please. Putting creatine,AAKG, Beta Alanine, Cit malate etc into a capsule does not involve expert designers hence why nutaplanet sells out of its bulk powders so quickly.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Bollocks.

Don't you figure that the supplement companies buy bulk powders and just repackage them? I doubt there are many supp companies out there that are farming their raw materials themselves. Now, supplement companies may have a better grasp on blends and dosages than the average joe, and they may have a bit of quality control in between the bulk powder and the customer, but you are quite mistaken to say that bulk powders are crap compared to packaged products.

BTW, SizeON and Green Mag aren't creatine mono, so that is a stupid comparison and of course they would have different results. If you have so much experience and have run these products so many times as to give an intelligent opinion on this subject, then you should at least know what the hell you are talking about.

Stop giving bad advice or go somewhere else.

Negged x1.

thaifighter

Awards
Don't you figure that the supplement companies buy bulk powders and just repackage them? I doubt there are many supp companies out there that are farming their raw materials themselves. Now, supplement companies may have a better grasp on blends and dosages than the average joe, and they may have a bit of quality control in between the bulk powder and the customer, but you are quite mistaken to say that bulk powders are crap compared to packaged products.

BTW, SizeON and Green Mag aren't creatine mono, so that is a stupid comparison and of course they would have different results. If you have so much experience and have run these products so many times as to give an intelligent opinion on this subject, then you should at least know what the hell you are talking about.

Stop giving bad advice or go somewhere else.

Negged x1.
Most people assume creatine is creatine - hence my comments.

Most people who recommend bulk powders, recommend basic creatine mono over things like sizeon and green mag - hence the comment. An advanced blend like SO or GM will be 10x better than basic mono. You're the one recommending an inferior product.

I'm sorry you're too much of a dumb ass to see that.

Negged? Haha, ooo errr...how scary, let me run inside and protect myself with my handbag...

thaifighter

Awards
:wave:
Look in a dictionary for the definition of idiot and there's your ugly mug.

"Bulk powders are made in a warehouse" where the fukk do you think the sup companies have their products made???

Bulk mono is mono. Weather its in a green tub with pretty coloured capsules it is the exact same thing. Your every sup companies wet dream, some kid who gets all excited by the ludicrous claims on their products and bogus marketing scams.

designed by experts?? please. Putting creatine,AAKG, Beta Alanine, Cit malate etc into a capsule does not involve expert designers hence why nutaplanet sells out of its bulk powders so quickly.
Bulk powders are mixed in a warehouse.

Ever asked MyProtein why you can't pick up in person?

It's because they hand mix their blends from big tubs in a warehouse in stockport. As in they have one big tub of whey, one big tub of casein, and they get a guy to scoop a bit of whey into the tub....then a bit of casein...and there you go, an MP blend is born. Now companies like Nutrisport, Reflex, CNP on the other hand? They're made under pharmaceutical conditions, generally by large food corporations like Glanbia - not by some guy in overalls dipping into tubs with plastic scoops.

Ask them, it's true.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'd say drop the Powerfull replace Green Mag with a kilo of cre-mono then replace the Adam with MVP-365.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Most people assume creatine is creatine - hence my comments.

Most people who recommend bulk powders, recommend basic creatine mono over things like sizeon and green mag - hence the comment. An advanced blend like SO or GM will be 10x better than basic mono. You're the one recommending an inferior product.

I'm sorry you're too much of a dumb ass to see that.

Negged? Haha, ooo errr...how scary, let me run inside and protect myself with my handbag...
First off I didn't recommend a product, dumb ass.

Second most people on this board DON'T assume creatine is just creatine. I don't know where you have been hanging out, but from your number of posts, it obviously hasn't been around here.

I didn't neg you to scare you, I negged you because you are an idiot, and other people should know you are a idiot before they go and listen to your retarded advice.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Nonsense. The main reason results are seen from such formulations is because of the addition of creatine, whatever it's form. It just so happens to be that creatine-mono is the cheapest form.... though equally effective as the others at enhancing the ATP/CP system.

As far as Size On is concerned, well it's not really fair cause carbs add a whole new side to things particularly by virtue of simply having caloric value.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I am guilty of hording too many supplements.

its an illness i tell you.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm having to cut back on my monthly Nutraplanet binges. I can't take it with me and I don't know yet what they will let have in Afghanistan.
Whatever you can carry without sacrificing the essentials. What would you rather have, "The Strap (joke intended)," or "being straped?"
;)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Whatever you can carry without sacrificing the essentials. What would you rather have, "The Strap (joke intended)," or "being straped?"
;)
I imagine being strapped by fitzogen would be something along the line of being raped.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
You don't need Powerfull, you already ordered ZMK.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Baby.

I had an order of $1,000 during the big 15% off sale.

I'm at about $2,400 this year from NP.

Y'all need to nut up and run with Optimus Prime Big Guns and start ordering!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Green MAG is pretty economical.
~$35 for ~80 servings