I’m just not that strong (yet)!

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well in your case you have about 40lbs on him. Gaining weight like all things has diminishing returns weighed against things like sleep/life quality, effort to eat enough, etc.

I just want to point out that he probably has room to grow a bit more and probably get a lot of bang for that buck. Smaller you are, bigger percentage of weight adding 10lbs is.
Lol I agree with you entirely, my comment was just that I'm losing weight while eating more. I've been lifting for years and the last month alone finally opened my eyes up to my limitations due to just not consuming enough food. Granted I'm more of a strength "athlete" than bodybuilder type, at some point you have to get off the scale and go for the strength/physique you want and reassess from there.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Respectfully, it’s probably going to be more food. I am not saying you need to get as fat as me, but I am 1” taller than you and outweigh you by 80lbs. People really underestimate the anabolic action of continually eating a bit over maintenance. Technique is very important to optimize leverages & help prevent unnecessary injury, but eating more food with the same gear use is how you actually improve that leverage.

Deadlift isn’t really helped by gaining weight, but it is if you add muscle. And pressing and squatting definitely improve with bodyweight. You would probably benefit a lot from just slowly gaining 10 more lbs. If you won’t gain weight, then yeah you are stuck with increasing frequency and improving technique.
100% - I should have mentioned calorie intake along side the technique. I am consuming as much food as I can right now and always looking for ways to get more quality calories in. Currently trying to hit 4K calories a day but my metabolism is still stupid fast in my 40’s. I am doing the same lifting and gear cycle that I did last year, and my weight this year is fluctuating between 180-188 where as last year it was 175-182. I have a few weeks left on this cycle, so I’m going to use your words as a reminder to step it up in the kitchen. I am noticing that the heavy compounds are easier through the whole range of weights when I’m carrying more mass.

That’s also interesting that you bring up out similar heights but different weights and how it relates to OP’s original comment of not feeling strong enough. I bet you have a much bigger/better skeletal system than me, like huge hands, knees and rib cage. If I didn’t lift, I could easily wear the smallest size men’s suit,36-38. I think someone at a similar height that is naturally a 42+ suit size is going to easily press more weight and have a higher ceiling. I had friends like this in HS that with minimal training, they easily hit 315 on the bench natty.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol I agree with you entirely, my comment was just that I'm losing weight while eating more. I've been lifting for years and the last month alone finally opened my eyes up to my limitations due to just not consuming enough food. Granted I'm more of a strength "athlete" than bodybuilder type, at some point you have to get off the scale and go for the strength/physique you want and reassess from there.
Agreed. Right now I’m about 50lbs heavier than I was at high school graduation but I’m in my 40’s and I look ripped. My wife keeps telling me she won’t like how I look if I get any bigger and everyone I see is making comments on my physique. If I was young and single, I’d really enjoy the attention but at this point in life all I want is to feel like I’ve earned a respectable level of strength.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here, I’m another early 40’s family man that’s running 5/3/1 and also doesn’t ‘feel’ strong enough, LOL.

I think I first ran 5/3/1 around 2017 and my 1RM numbers were similar. I’ve mixed in other programs and had brief periods off since then. I just checked my app and I’ve run 32 cycles of 5/3/1 since then, actually quite proud of that consistent time under the bar. I’m on TRT and I’ve run anabolics, and I’m at 975/1000 right now. I’m 5’9”, 145-155 before gear, now maintaining 170’s on a cruise and hitting 185+ on a blast. Given all that, it’s improving my technique that’s going to get me into that 1,000 lb club, not more gear.
Respectfully, it’s probably going to be more food.
Deadlift isn’t really helped by gaining weight, but it is if you add muscle. And pressing and squatting definitely improve with bodyweight. You would probably benefit a lot from just slowly gaining 10 more lbs.
sounds like the same advice you have parroted to me over the past couple years and it's definitely been true.
at 5'9" every time I bulk to 200 I set new PRs. Cut back 10 or so pounds, then go do it again. and each time I cut back to about 190, I'm a bit leaner at the same weight with stronger numbers. although these days 531 with joker reps and amraps would feel like a hypertrophy program for me 😅

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Currently trying to hit 4K calories a day but my metabolism is still stupid fast in my 40’s.
I have a buddy in his 50s who is the same way. He doesn't lift like we do, but he does exercise regularly and golfs a lot. He has added 2 hard boiled eggs and a big glass of chocolate milk to his evening regiment every night to try not to lose weight. he's like 6'1" and 180lbs or something like that lol

My wife keeps telling me she won’t like how I look if I get any bigger
I guarantee you that's not true lol
or at least i'd be shocked if it was.
my wife met me at like 8% bf and 180lbs. I'm 100% certain she liked the fluffier but thicker and stronger 200lb version of me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am doing the same lifting and gear cycle that I did last year, and my weight this year is fluctuating between 180-188 where as last year it was 175-182. I have a few weeks left on this cycle, so I’m going to use your words as a reminder to step it up in the kitchen.

That’s also interesting that you bring up out similar heights but different weights and how it relates to OP’s original comment of not feeling strong enough. I bet you have a much bigger/better skeletal system than me, like huge hands, knees and rib cage. If I didn’t lift, I could easily wear the smallest size men’s suit,36-38. I think someone at a similar height that is naturally a 42+ suit size is going to easily press more weight and have a higher ceiling. I had friends like this in HS that with minimal training, they easily hit 315 on the bench natty.
If you are not using liquid calories, they are a must when you’re up against the limits of practical food intake. Just adding 4 cups of 2% or Whole Fairlife milk will add 480 or 600 calories, respectively. Use this instead of water in any shakes you make, and you also need to appreciate that gaining weight past a point is more difficult than cutting. Being hungry is stressful, but it only requires not doing something. Eating when full requires the discipline to do something you absolutely do not want to do.

I know that it may be comforting on some level to think that, but I promise I am in no way particularly physically gifted for strength. My wrists measure 7” (average is 6.5-7.2”, and I only wear 1 size larger lifting straps than my wife), my knee joint tapes on the large side of medium at 16”, and obviously I can’t measure my original rib cage now with my developed lats. But my hands are small enough that I cannot even effectively hookgrip, even on a thinner deadlift bar - my thumb always tore and hand open at competitions I tried to hook with weights that I can hold over/under. I was 160lbs skinny fat in high school after being an obese 200lb 10 year old. At 18 I was 180lbs after gaining the “Freshmen Fifteen” of fat, and so weak naturally that I could not benchpress the empty 45 bar from my chest if I lowered it to touch. I have long arms & built to deadlift. This last October I benched 396 in comp, and at New Year’s did 405 in the gym.

On the subject of hand size, we were all complaining in training one day about why our grips were not as good as Chad Coy’s, how he was a Pro and built different, that it was harder for us. So he carried 330/hand farmers handles BACKWARDS over 60 ft, beltless, then walked over and put his hands to ours to compare. I had the smallest hands in our group, and they were nearly identical in size to Chad’s. We were placing false limitations on our physical potential that didn’t exist, except in our own minds.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Okay back to our regularly scheduled programming….. so about two weeks ago my FIL was taken to the hospital with what seemed like pneumonia. He had Covid and long story short he was in ICU after his oxygen levels dropped. After being treated for pneumonia it was determined he had a Cytokine Storm in his lungs and required a different approach. He’s been home for a few days and resting up.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Cycle 2, Week 1, Day 3

Main Bench 5s Pro
95, 115, 125, 145, 165 (all sets of 5)

Squat SSL
185x5x5

Assistance
CGBP 3x9
DB Row 3x10
Core

Figured I’d just jump back in where I left off… I did train twice this week before this and I just did a main lift. Onward we go!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad your FIL is back home and getting taken care of. Always a stressful time when the parents are in the hospital.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
So literally a week after the above post I received a call from my Mom who struggled to say “help me.” In a frenzied panic I drove to find my mom struggling to breathe. Luckily as I got to my Mom’s house the paramedics arrived. Long story short, my mom had two very large blood clots in her lungs which needed to be surgically removed. I took a week off from school to be with her while in the hospital, and a couple days when she was discharged.

I’m a Christian and what’s amazing is that before this happened my wife spoke to our church about answered prayer. After that the spiritual attack continued. It seems like it was on all fronts. I’ve never experienced anything like that 4-5 week period. Even when my dad was in hospice care.

Anyway, things have been on the up and up and during that time I was trying to get a main lift in and call it good. I’ve been back on my original template for a couple weeks now and I feel like things are heading in a positive direction again. Training maxes have increased and top sets this week have felt like RPE 7 at the most. Next workout is Thursday.

If you read all of this, thank you! Have a blessed night! -Matt

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m a Christian and what’s amazing is that before this happened my wife spoke to our church about answered prayer. After that the spiritual attack continued. It seems like it was on all fronts. I’ve never experienced anything like that 4-5 week period. Even when my dad was in hospice care.
I feel like the spiritual warfare became a lot more obvious to me in the past 3-4 years. Last week I got back to my office around 11:30am and noticed my dad was already gone. I was like, short timer, already checked out 😅 He got home early, walked in the door and his phone started ringing, it was my mom down in the barn crying, her horse attacked her and bit her pretty good in the head (13 stitches above the eye), he went running down there to find her covered in blood (head wounds bleed bad) in the barn. But the timing there... he happened to be home very early and just in time to tend to her and get her to the ER.

I'm glad y'all were able to get to your mom in time and get her the care she needed!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the spiritual warfare became a lot more obvious to me in the past 3-4 years. Last week I got back to my office around 11:30am and noticed my dad was already gone. I was like, short timer, already checked out 😅 He got home early, walked in the door and his phone started ringing, it was my mom down in the barn crying, her horse attacked her and bit her pretty good in the head (13 stitches above the eye), he went running down there to find her covered in blood (head wounds bleed bad) in the barn. But the timing there... he happened to be home very early and just in time to tend to her and get her to the ER.

I'm glad y'all were able to get to your mom in time and get her the care she needed!
I’m glad everything worked for your family as well. Yeah we were getting hit literally from every angle. Father in law, my mom, sick kids, house issue. Again I’ve never experienced anything like this, and it just really escalated after my wife spoke to our church. It was almost like, “you haven’t seen anything yet.” Amidst it all my wife and I tried to stay firm in our faith.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Main - Squat 5s Pro
Supplemental - Bench SSL
Assistance- RDL, DB Row, Ab Wheel

Little man has not slept well the last couple nights so today was just meh. Hoping to sleep in tomorrow!

I’ve been eyeing some powerlifting meets here in Michigan for late summer , early fall. There’s one in September that has my eye. Once registration is open, I may just go for it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Main - Squat 5s Pro
Supplemental - Bench SSL
Assistance- RDL, DB Row, Ab Wheel

Little man has not slept well the last couple nights so today was just meh. Hoping to sleep in tomorrow!

I’ve been eyeing some powerlifting meets here in Michigan for late summer , early fall. There’s one in September that has my eye. Once registration is open, I may just go for it.
You only live once! Go for it. You get to call all your weight attempts - if you can lift the bar, you are welcome to do a meet. All you must have is a singlet, a short-sleeve tshirt, long socks that cover your entire shin for the deadlift, and some kind of shoes/slippers. Underwear is usually restricted to legless briefs, but it’s also not actually required.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
You only live once! Go for it. You get to call all your weight attempts - if you can lift the bar, you are welcome to do a meet. All you must have is a singlet, a short-sleeve tshirt, long socks that cover your entire shin for the deadlift, and some kind of shoes/slippers. Underwear is usually restricted to legless briefs, but it’s also not actually required.
Yeah I may do one sooner…. I did one a few years ago. I think it was 2016. I was training for my 2nd in early 17 but tweaked my back.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dont really get this. But yeah I'd just free ball in a singlet lol.
With raw lifting, they don’t want someone getting extra carryover from briefs. If they don’t make rules on what you can wear under the singlet, people inevitably push it. Like someone sewing together multiple pairs of tight neoprene shorts, which will definitely improve proprioception at a minimum.

At the Hawaii Record Breakers, Dr. Fred Hatfield turned his knee wraps in for inspection at weighin. They were the appropriate dimensions, but he had made them by sewing together jockstrap bands. They tried to tell them he couldn’t use them, but there was nothing in the rules on materials so they had to let him. So he did, and set the Open ATWR squat for any weightclass! Weighing under 260 and as a Master, no less.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With raw lifting, they don’t want someone getting extra carryover from briefs. If they don’t make rules on what you can wear under the singlet, people inevitably push it. Like someone sewing together multiple pairs of tight neoprene shorts, which will definitely improve proprioception at a minimum.

At the Hawaii Record Breakers, Dr. Fred Hatfield turned his knee wraps in for inspection at weighin. They were the appropriate dimensions, but he had made them by sewing together jockstrap bands. They tried to tell them he couldn’t use them, but there was nothing in the rules on materials so they had to let him. So he did, and set the Open ATWR squat for any weightclass! Weighing under 260 and as a Master, no less.
"If you aint cheatin', you aint trying"

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Squat 5s Pro
Bench SSL supplemental

Assistance
Dips, DB Rows Ab Wheel

Sorry for lack of posts. Training has been going, just been so incredibly busy. Our 11 month old is still not sleeping great… think it’s teething. Next week is my “spring” break, and I should be able to update more often. It seems as though we have weathered the storm I mentioned above. Also waiting for a signup for a powerlifting meet later this summer. Saw some strongman stuff the last few weeks from videos of the Arnold and that looked cool as hell!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strongman is pretty cool, but it is even harder on the body for sure and they have to use set weights for events.

So there is a requisite level of strength to be able to even attempt all of the events. Different classes and types of shows will have higher or lower bars for entry. The easiest entry point would be as a Novice Lightweight in a United States Strongman competition. Look at those weights for a show to see if you think you could try them. You don’t need to be able to do well or even do them to sign up, but you also don’t want to pay money to get a zero score on most of the events.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Strongman is pretty cool, but it is even harder on the body for sure and they have to use set weights for events.

So there is a requisite level of strength to be able to even attempt all of the events. Different classes and types of shows will have higher or lower bars for entry. The easiest entry point would be as a Novice Lightweight in a United States Strongman competition. Look at those weights for a show to see if you think you could try them. You don’t need to be able to do well or even do them to sign up, but you also don’t want to pay money to get a zero score on most of the events.
All things to consider for sure! I’ve got to string together some consistency before I feel like I can sign up for anything.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All things to consider for sure! I’ve got to string together some consistency before I feel like I can sign up for anything.
Every local strongman show I’ve ever been to has a very welcoming, casual vibe. More like guys meeting at a gym or parking lot to take turns trying to lift things.

Besides doing your big 4, the best thing you can do in a home gym right now with no strongman gear if you think you might want to try it at some point, would be to occasionally do farmers walks outside with loadable dbs if you have them, or the heaviest single db/kb you have as a suitcase carry if not very heavy for you. This is a terrific movement for real life functionality that begins to condition your knees, ankles, and bracing muscles to walk safely with weight.

And if you get really interested, ordering a sandbag to fill so you can learn to safely pick, shoulder, and carry that in front of you. You can add sand over time as you strengthen and also get bigger bags if necessary. It is fairly quiet and safe for the floor and if it falls on you. Lifting sandbags is arguably the very best way to build practical strength. It strengthens the grip and arms a lot as well as the back, legs, core, everything has to work. If I had no weights, I would keep a sandbag in my garage to train with.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Every local strongman show I’ve ever been to has a very welcoming, casual vibe. More like guys meeting at a gym or parking lot to take turns trying to lift things.

Besides doing your big 4, the best thing you can do in a home gym right now with no strongman gear if you think you might want to try it at some point, would be to occasionally do farmers walks outside with loadable dbs if you have them, or the heaviest single db/kb you have as a suitcase carry if not very heavy for you. This is a terrific movement for real life functionality that begins to condition your knees, ankles, and bracing muscles to walk safely with weight.

And if you get really interested, ordering a sandbag to fill so you can learn to safely pick, shoulder, and carry that in front of you. You can add sand over time as you strengthen and also get bigger bags if necessary. It is fairly quiet and safe for the floor and if it falls on you. Lifting sandbags is arguably the very best way to build practical strength. It strengthens the grip and arms a lot as well as the back, legs, core, everything has to work. If I had no weights, I would keep a sandbag in my garage to train with.
Great advice as usual! Appreciate your time!

Part of the equation is having a home gym and during a snow day I was watching some videos on how to program/train with home equipment.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Just for giggles I checked out the next most local USS novice event I could find. Yeah I need to get stronger.

Viking Press 185 for reps
Sandbag Carry Over Arm 200/230(?)
Fingal Fingers (wtf?!)
Car deadlift 450 reps
Stone over bar 250

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Morning weigh-in 197.7

I need to be more diligent about food intake. I may start tracking calories for a couple weeks. I think I am probably low overall in total protein intake. 🤷‍♂️

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Morning weigh-in 197.7

I need to be more diligent about food intake. I may start tracking calories for a couple weeks. I think I am probably low overall in total protein intake. 🤷‍♂️
I definitely recommend doing that. I would also eat like you have been for the first week don’t change it so you get a baseline of where you are at currently. Track a week then build a plan from that baseline.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Morning weigh-in 197.7

I agree with AK, find a decent free macro tracker or use the free week of Macrofactor and figure out where you are on a normal week then adjust accordingly.

Also for strongman stuff, check out Ironpodium.com for lots of competitions across the states

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
At my previous strongest I tracked….. what always confused me was when things were mixed together like chili for example… I always just estimated as best I could. 🤷‍♂️

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
At my previous strongest I tracked….. what always confused me was when things were mixed together like chili for example… I always just estimated as best I could. 🤷‍♂️
That will happen. Use chili as an example I will search chili in my tracker look at 3 or 4 of them and find one that is kinda the average. The biggest thing is I put a bowl on the scale and then see how many grams I’m eating. Might not be completely accurate but it will be in the ball park. Least if you use a measuring system you can have a pretty good guess since you can enter that in the tracker.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If those were heavyweight novice weights that might make sense, but a 250 stone over bar sounds kinda heavy for a lightweight novice class. Keep looking for more shows. I would expect more like a 220 stone for Novice.

Fingals finger is a rarer event where you are basically trying to raise/flip over a laying flag pole that has one end on a hinge. If you can get it up to the shoulder, you press it up and then lean into it & keep driving forward as you drive it up. You lose leverage (and continue to fatigue) the further you raise it.

IMG_9303.JPG

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
If those were heavyweight novice weights that might make sense, but a 250 stone over bar sounds kinda heavy for a lightweight novice class. Keep looking for more shows. I would expect more like a 220 stone for Novice.

Fingals finger is a rarer event where you are basically trying to raise/flip over a laying flag pole that has one end on a hinge. If you can get it up to the shoulder, you press it up and then lean into it & keep driving forward as you drive it up. You lose leverage (and continue to fatigue) the further you raise it.

View attachment 241048
@Hyde yeah lightweight novice. Eh, I’ll keep lifting in the basement and see what I can get myself into haha!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Main Lift
Bench
95x5
135x5
155x5
175x5

Supplemental Lift
Squat
195x5x5

Assistance
Dips BWx9x3 sets
DB Row 3x10
Leg Raises 3x9

Conditioning
Bike for a bit

Official first day of spring break. Moving slower, and got a bit more conditioning in. This was a good session.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Main Lift
Deadlift
135x5
185x5
210x5
240x5 (RPE 7ish if I was guessing)

Supplemental
Press
100x5x5

Assistance
Plate Raise 3x8
Chin-ups BWx5,5,4 Band FacePull x 20
Ab Wheel x 8,8,8

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay strong peeps… I know that nutrition, sleep and consistency trump supplements but what is really worth a darn for strength. I’m really trying to minimize to near minimalist levels. Any critique on what I’m taking welcome.

1) PreKaged Elite, I get 20% off being a teacher.
2) Protein
3) Creatine
4) Carb Powder

Other things I take are fish oil, magnesium at night sometimes melatonin. Although I don’t know really if those do anything worthwhile.
Just getting up to speed on your log here, but feel you on balancing home/work/gym life. In those respects we're in similar places (plus I don't consider myself strong, but working on it!).

Just a few other considerations I'd add in, in this order:

1. Electrolyte powder. Hydration has probably been one of the biggest intra-WO nutrition changes for me.
2. Vitamin D, which I see @Hyde has recommended. I use 5k IU supplemental.
3. If you can afford it, a digestive enzyme complex.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Just getting up to speed on your log here, but feel you on balancing home/work/gym life. In those respects we're in similar places (plus I don't consider myself strong, but working on it!).

Just a few other considerations I'd add in, in this order:

1. Electrolyte powder. Hydration has probably been one of the biggest intra-WO nutrition changes for me.
2. Vitamin D, which I see @Hyde has recommended. I use 5k IU supplemental.
3. If you can afford it, a digestive enzyme complex.
Thanks for checking in, and thank you for your suggestions! I am currently using an intra-workout drink (Surge Workout Fuel, I know I know Biotest, lol) since I workout first thing in the morning. Do you use a specific brand of electrolytes? I may just add a carb powder to my pre 🤷‍♂️. Also do you use electrolytes only during training? I’ve used HydraCharge from Kaged and Ghost Hydration to help me to get more water in thru the day… I stopped using them just cause I didn’t think it was worth the cost.

I use D3, and I take a probiotic…. I’m guessing that’s a bit different than an enzyme.

Currently this is all I’m taking.

1) Protein (when I want a protein boost/rare)
2) Creatine
3) Pre
4) Intra
5) TruMulti
6) D3
7) Probiotic
8) Fish Oil
9) Sometimes Magnesium/Collagen before bed.

Frick, I take way too many things for my current level…. Sheesh.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for checking in, and thank you for your suggestions! I am currently using an intra-workout drink (Surge Workout Fuel, I know I know Biotest, lol) since I workout first thing in the morning. Do you use a specific brand of electrolytes? I may just add a carb powder to my pre 🤷‍♂️. Also do you use electrolytes only during training? I’ve used HydraCharge from Kaged and Ghost Hydration to help me to get more water in thru the day… I stopped using them just cause I didn’t think it was worth the cost.

I use D3, and I take a probiotic…. I’m guessing that’s a bit different than an enzyme.

2) Creatine
3) Pre
4) Intra
5) TruMulti
6) D3
7) Probiotic
8) Fish Oil

Nah, sounds about right to me! As far as electrolytes, right now I'm using Kaged Hydra-Charge, but I'm not brand loyal really. I've used Redcon1 Canteen, have some Ryse Hydration up next, etc. And yes, only on WO days or if I'm feeling under the weather.

My supps right now are:
Protein
Creatine
Multi
Fish Oil
Vit D
Vit C
EAAs
HBCD
Electrolytes
Pepti-Plex
KSM-66
Digestive Enzymes
Joint supp
Pre-WOs (various)
Greens powder

And that's pretty much daily, or at least 5 days out of the week since that's my WO routine.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

2) Creatine
3) Pre
4) Intra
5) TruMulti
6) D3
7) Probiotic
8) Fish Oil

Lol dude you're good, everyone has different needs and supplements are named as such because they are that, supplements. As far as the probiotics and enzymes, yes very different things. I also take a probiotic everyday from having a messed up gut, but for enzymes, some people take a proteolytic enzyme blend to deal with inflammation throughout the body, others like me get delicious chewable enzymes to take with a bothersome dinner. About 16 years ago, I was a massive follower of enzyme studies, there's a very expensive product called Wobenzyme that German doctors had been prescribing more than ibuprofen for inflammation. I fell of the train with those studies, but interesting stuff.

Here's my list!
Protein
Karbolyn
Anabolic XT
Creatine
Recomp20
Joint Support XT
Cissus
Peptiplex
PEA
Stress + anxiety blend

I was nutrient deficient in a few things for a long time, I go to the VA for bloodwork 2-3 times a year and was able to adjust my diet enough consistently to fix those things, such as eating more mushrooms as they are naturally high in Vitamin D, eating fish and seafood 3-4 times a week, etc. It's not that easy for everyone and I get that, but it sure made me appreciate meals more too.

For electrolytes, I'll unashamedly admit I love liquid IV. It's mostly sugar, but it's delicious, and my macros can take it. Don't tell Hyde (he's a salt licker)

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Nah, sounds about right to me! As far as electrolytes, right now I'm using Kaged Hydra-Charge, but I'm not brand loyal really. I've used Redcon1 Canteen, have some Ryse Hydration up next, etc. And yes, only on WO days or if I'm feeling under the weather.

My supps right now are:
Protein
Creatine
Multi
Fish Oil
Vit D
Vit C
EAAs
HBCD
Electrolytes
Pepti-Plex
KSM-66
Digestive Enzymes
Joint supp
Pre-WOs (various)
Greens powder

And that's pretty much daily, or at least 5 days out of the week since that's my WO routine.
Thanks for the input!

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
L
Lol dude you're good, everyone has different needs and supplements are named as such because they are that, supplements. As far as the probiotics and enzymes, yes very different things. I also take a probiotic everyday from having a messed up gut, but for enzymes, some people take a proteolytic enzyme blend to deal with inflammation throughout the body, others like me get delicious chewable enzymes to take with a bothersome dinner. About 16 years ago, I was a massive follower of enzyme studies, there's a very expensive product called Wobenzyme that German doctors had been prescribing more than ibuprofen for inflammation. I fell of the train with those studies, but interesting stuff.

Here's my list!
Protein
Karbolyn
Anabolic XT
Creatine
Recomp20
Joint Support XT
Cissus
Peptiplex
PEA
Stress + anxiety blend

I was nutrient deficient in a few things for a long time, I go to the VA for bloodwork 2-3 times a year and was able to adjust my diet enough consistently to fix those things, such as eating more mushrooms as they are naturally high in Vitamin D, eating fish and seafood 3-4 times a week, etc. It's not that easy for everyone and I get that, but it sure made me appreciate meals more too.

For electrolytes, I'll unashamedly admit I love liquid IV. It's mostly sugar, but it's delicious, and my macros can take it. Don't tell Hyde (he's a salt licker)
Lots of SNS there! Can’t go wrong with @sns8778 !

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
L

Lots of SNS there! Can’t go wrong with @sns8778 !
I'm a believer lol. Communicative presence and proof of literature are a big selling point. Plus everything I've used has made individual differences. Impressive stuff.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I'm a believer lol. Communicative presence and proof of literature are a big selling point. Plus everything I've used has made individual differences. Impressive stuff.
I’ve used his ZMA, Optimize T, Vaso6, VasoForce/Rush, Anabolic Effect, Anabolic XT, and Cardio Support. Loved them all. When my multi runs out I’m going to order more Cardio Support. Once I sign up for some kind of competition, I’ll nab some AE or AXT.

Come one Steve I need those new pre-workouts!! @sns8778

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Come one Steve I need those new pre-workouts
I'm trying Pump Addict today, one of his other brands, Steve said elsewhere FocusXT may be back in April. I haven't touched caffeine in over a month now, definitely 1 scooping it.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying Pump Addict today, one of his other brands, Steve said elsewhere FocusXT may be back in April. I haven't touched caffeine in over a month now, definitely 1 scooping it.
Yeah that one is solid! I think the rauwolscine did not agree with me. I should try it again.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I look forward to hearing how you like it.

It's great for both pumps and energy. I use 1 scoop most of the time myself, sometimes just as an energy drink haha.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

Squat
205x4 @RPE6
225x4 @RPE7
245x4 @RPE8

Close Grip
125x10 @7
135x10 @8
145x10 @9

RDL
135x8 @7
155x8 @8
175x8 @9

Random Things
* Eyeing a PL meet in September. This will give me time to crack 1000(+) total. A few years ago I was prepping for a 2nd meet and likely would have met this goal, but hurt my back.
* Watching or keeping tabs on some of the people in strength sports has been very motivating!
* Training wise I am switching to two Barbell Medicine templates I had previously purchased. Basically 3 days of lifting 2 or more GPP days.
* Celebrated (a week early) my 42 birthday…. Damn how did I get so old so fast.
* I drink too much caffeine.
* Even on spring break, I can’t sleep in! Shoot.

Have a great day everyone! -Matt

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Happy Birthday.