Any good books anyone can recommend with a topic on tips bodybuilding in older age? I’m 45.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any good books anyone can recommend with a topic on tips for bodybuilding in older age? I’m 45.
I don't have any good book suggestions, if your goal is maximal muscle in your 40's check out anabolic bodybuilding on YouTube, great channel.

Basically you just do everything the same as the "younger" guys, but you gotta be a little more cautious with diet and exercise selection.

Higher volume with moderate to kinda heavy weights seems to be a good approach.

WeakerNU

Awards
I’m in on this one not in my 40’s but do need to be careful. And am having a late start at bodybuilding going to check out the channel.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well obviously you know I’m gonna say 40s ain’t “older age”

I say keep sticking with what’s worked for you…Perhaps lower the weight of your working sets by 15 pounds +/- and work in a higher rep range…

Priority rest and recovery…keep it to 3-4 days lifting and do more cardio on on off days.

Stretching! Extra shoulder band work, hot dry sauna, deep tissue massage (happy ending optional)

Anyway that’s all stuff I’ve been doing at 39 and yeah starting to feel my age after 15+ years of bangin’ and clangin