I’m looking for some seriously good protein powders and Cassian for nighttime? Any recommendations

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m looking for some seriously good protein powders and Cassian for nighttime? Any recommendations

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My favorite proteins are Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein (Whey Iso/Micellar Casein Blend) and their Iso Whey - high quality protein sources, a lot of flavors to choose from, mixes easy, and tastes good.

I use them pretty much interchangeably most of the time but I do try to go for the Zero Carb Protein before bedtime; not because its zero carb but bc its a whey/casein blend.

My second choice would be Trutein which is 45% Whey, 45% Casein, 10% Egg.

I haven't found a straight Casein in years that I like the taste of; and I like the whey/casein mix before bedtime.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite proteins are Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein (Whey Iso/Micellar Casein Blend) and their Iso Whey - high quality protein sources, a lot of flavors to choose from, mixes easy, and tastes good.

I use them pretty much interchangeably most of the time but I do try to go for the Zero Carb Protein before bedtime; not because its zero carb but bc its a whey/casein blend.

My second choice would be Trutein which is 45% Whey, 45% Casein, 10% Egg.

I haven't found a straight Casein in years that I like the taste of; and I like the whey/casein mix before bedtime.
Thank you sir, looking into this

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you sir, looking into this
I think you'd be really pleased with any of those.

I am very picky on what protein powders I'll use.

I know a lot of people just go for whatever is cheapest, but that's not a good fit for my situation:
  • Whey concentrate tends to bother my stomach, so I stick with Isolates and my stomach can let me know quickly if a brand is claiming to use isolate and really using concentrate.
  • I have a lot of food allergies and am a picky eater so I consume a lot more of my protein through shakes than most people do.
  • I have the non-celiac autoimmune sensitivity to gluten which can be very serious in terms of inflammatory issues so I have to be extremely careful, and I've had some brands that claim to be gluten free that either weren't and it really caused some health issues for me.
Trutein used to be my go to but it is so filling - and for me, that's not a good thing bc between my food allergies and being a picky eater, I drink so much of my protein, I want something that tastes good, is easy to mix, and easy to drink without filling me up too much.

The first thing that had me try the Ketogenics proteins (I don't do keto) was the quality and what's kept me with it is how easy it is to mix, how good it tastes, and they have so many different flavors and I get bored easily of one flavor.

Funny story on taste - my grandmother is 93 and was drinking the Premier Protein RTD's, which is better than nothing especially for her age, but I got her some samples of the Ketogenics proteins for Christmas and a couple of tubs and a Blendjet. She mixes them to drink and even mixes them with Fairlife milk to put over her cereal. I just mention that bc taste wise, if someone her age actually enjoys drinking them, that says a lot about the taste of them.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can anyone vouch for New World Nutritionals? I found some great deals on their isolate

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh, and since I slightly misread the OP and thought you were mainly looking for blends... other proteins that are mainly just whey's that are good: GHOST, Muscle Sport Lean Whey, Alpha Lion Super Human Protein, Axe & Sledge Farm Fed Whey, Ryse to name a few haha.

And other blends that I've enjoyed; PES Select and Black Magic Supps Protein

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GHOST, Muscle Sport Lean Whey, Alpha Lion Super Human Protein, Axe & Sledge Farm Fed Whey, Ryse to name a few haha.
Agreed with this! Nutrabio, Hosstile, and Huge are a few others to!