MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ART doc, who is also originally a chiro, determined my L4/L5 was out of place. He thinks I likely rotated my hip to the right slightly to protect my left knee at the bottom of the front squats. The combination of slight rotation with tight enough low back muscles under load was enough to pop things out of place.

Anyway, he adjusted me and audibly popped it back into place - immediately fixed the major list to the right I had. Gave me a couple rehab exercises to hammer and a stretch to help keep me straight, plus guidance on what he does/doesn’t want me doing the next week for rehab and training. Lots of movement, bloodflow, mobility and no spinal loading, as expected.

Very glad I have this guy in my corner!
That is awesome! I am relatively sure this is quite similar to what I have been dealing with. Unfortunately even though my ART guy was a chiropractor as well, he know longer does adjustments. So I have to go to someone else. I had a buddy give me his chiro, she is a beast, build like a brick shlthouse, so I am sure she can manipulate me easily. Going to see about getting in with her this week. Hopefully and adjustment will help me out too.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah I have, I have herniated my back multiple times over the years. Initially from deadlifting with a poor brace many years ago, moving through flexion during the lift. But also had some aggravations later on occasionally with frontsquats.

It’s funny to me I did 520 just 6 weeks ago, yet it only took 200lbs on an odd day to lay me low. But I have definitely heard of many lifters getting taken out with bending over to pick up a sock or get their kid out of the car as well. So life does happen.

Some of those TVs were no joke back in the day, though:

View attachment 240912
November 2012. 52” Phillips LCD. Stuffed my forearms under the screen wedged between the base up to the elbow. Had a decorative cloth on top of dresser to not scratch wood w base, lifted it and skewed the cloth, took it off, placed on floor and gripped it and ripped it second attempt. I did complete the lift. I still have the tv. Know your enemy

hope you are healing up!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/20/24
BW 250.2

Cat Camels
Psoas stretch w/ side bends
Rotator Angels

Widegrip Feet-up Bench
45,95,115x15
145x25,22

Seated DB OHP
20,25x20
30x15

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
33x25
55 2x15

Pec Deck
200x20
220x12

Reverse Pec Deck
100x20
130x15
160x12

Machine Cable Chest Press
120,150x15
180x10
210x8

Hoist Cable Lat Pulldown
85,105,125,145,165x15

Glute Bridges on heels
BW 2x20

5 minute walk

Felt good to get what felt like a complete session in for the first time in a week, even if it was “just bodybuilding”. Took a 15 min walk on lunch and did my rehab work 2-3 other times today, besides what I did at the gym, so I feel like I am doing my part to keep my spine straight and hips from locking up.

Also dropped a pound or two the last few days with some shorter feeding windows & only 3 meals.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Benny!

I put on a tshirt last night I haven’t worn in a few weeks at least - I remember it making me feel a little claustrophobic on my neck last time. When I put it on yesterday, it fit great
Lmao i resemble this right now. My merino wool shirts aren't as tight on the sleeves as they were. You'll get it back if you want it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lmao i resemble this right now. My merino wool shirts aren't as tight on the sleeves as they were. You'll get it back if you want it.
Well the fat loss is intentional, i just didn’t expect it to come from the neck first lol.

I am trying to focus on getting my body healthier and better prepared to begin a prep. I need to focus on getting in shape to get in shape to train for competition, if that makes sense. Not prepping, not even building, just getting a healthy base established.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well the fat loss is intentional, i just didn’t expect it to come from the neck first lol.

I am trying to focus on getting my body healthier and better prepared to begin a prep. I need to focus on getting in shape to get in shape to train for competition, if that makes sense. Not prepping, not even building, just getting a healthy base established.
Yeah I got you. More or less where I'm at now too, I'm not even pulling up Iron Podium again until I can achieve a new baseline (physically and mentally).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got my APAP last night! Wore it for an hour while I finished reading all the manuals to get my feet wet, then successfully wore it all night to sleep. It is definitely something you have to want to submit to, because initially it was terrifying. Very quickly it becomes peaceful though; I didn’t want to take it off this morning.

Normally I am very tired the mornings I train, only getting 6 hours in bed usually. Today I felt way more rested - comparable to mornings I don’t train where I will spend 8-9 hours in bed. My AHI was 18.7 events per hour during my sleep study. Last night I averaged just 1.2!!!

IMG_9289.JPG

^How I feel making these sick accelerated recovery gains

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/22/24

Cat Camels
Hamstring stretch

Beltsquat
90 2x15
140 2x12
190x12

Leg Extension
90 3x20

ss w/ Lying Leg Curl
90 3x12

Standing Abs
40 2x25

GHD Sit-ups
2x10

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

Rotator Angels
Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Presses

Very pleased with how my back is recovering. Working on my mobility obviously first, then traction & knee tissue tolerance, challenging them to push forward hard and build the weakness that predicated this back injury. Then some more lower accessory, more traction, & shoulder mobility.

Only had some coffee before this easy fasted session - feeling good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Badass you got the machine dialed! Thinking a lil GH alongside it?
Probably not (not for the moment anyway), as I want to see how this affects sleep/recovery initially.

I did inject 500mg of L-Carnitine with a high carb meal today; I opened a new bottle from a different peptide site and it is the thinnest/smoothest I’ve used yet. I used a 27g and it was absolutely flowing like pure bac water would. Typical l-carn PIP, but hoping I can get myself to keep up that routine for now.

Today is 10 weeks of cruising no more than 180mg test e/wk.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probably not (not for the moment anyway), as I want to see how this affects sleep/recovery initially.

I did inject 500mg of L-Carnitine with a high carb meal today; I opened a new bottle from a different peptide site and it is the thinnest/smoothest I’ve used yet. I used a 27g and it was absolutely flowing like pure bac water would. Typical l-carn PIP, but hoping I can get myself to keep up that routine for now.

Today is 10 weeks of cruising no more than 180mg test e/wk.
I am ignorant to the benefits of L-Carnitine (which auto corrected to carnitas and Caribbean) so that’s fun. I tried the oral and got nothing from it. I understand the oral bioavailability is garbage. But as a power lifter what do you gain from it?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am ignorant to the benefits of L-Carnitine (which auto corrected to carnitas and Caribbean) so that’s fun. I tried the oral and got nothing from it. I understand the oral bioavailability is garbage. But as a power lifter what do you gain from it?
Carnitine is a branched non-essential amino acid your body makes on its own - it is fundamentally necessary for fat mobilization. It transports fats to the mitochondria of cells to be broken down for ATP, energy. Think about injecting exogenous carnitine as hiring a bigger crew to shovel more coal faster to the furnaces of a steam engine. If you are doing the work and creating an energy deficit, you can use burn fat for energy while sparing muscle glycogen stores. It also helps fuel transport in the brain as well, not just the muscles, so it has a mild positive nootropic quality as well.

So taken pre-training, it will provide more muscle endurance. If you inject 3-500mg preWO, it will be obvious that you will be able to tolerate more total sets before exhaustion. This can be useful for someone trying to get more work in. Especially if consumed with a bunch of pre/intra carbs. Your fuel goes further.

For someone dieting, carnitine before training or cardio makes their fat loss during it more successful, while sparing more muscle & helping them hang in their.

For someone doing heavy low volume strength training, taking it post workout or on off-days with the highest carb meal is going to help a little bit to improve recovery from that meal.

L-carnitine helps scrub the AR - it helps androgens that have bound & transcribed unbind sooner, so they can get back into circulation and find another AR to bind to faster. This makes your hormones (both natural test or exogenous steroids) ‘do more’ per mg before getting excreted.

It has some definite interaction with Thyroid. Based on the better composition it tends to promote over time, I would say it’s overall positive. But I don’t really understand it.

It improves male fertility by improving mitochondrial health of your sperm. Definitely want this when trying to get your woman pregnant.

If you are using Cardarine ever, that exhausts carnitine stores. So supplementing helps keep it working better.

It works much better in the presence of sodium and insulin to help transport it. So taking with carbs, amino acids, or a salted drink is ideal (or injecting exogenous insulin).

TLDR - it can support recovery, anabolism, fat loss, endurance on a foundational level.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You Sir are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for that explanation I am currently taking 10mg of Cardarine/ day. Sounds like carnitine would have a nice synergistic effect.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got my APAP last night! Wore it for an hour while I finished reading all the manuals to get my feet wet, then successfully wore it all night to sleep. It is definitely something you have to want to submit to, because initially it was terrifying. Very quickly it becomes peaceful though; I didn’t want to take it off this morning.

Normally I am very tired the mornings I train, only getting 6 hours in bed usually. Today I felt way more rested - comparable to mornings I don’t train where I will spend 8-9 hours in bed. My AHI was 18.7 events per hour during my sleep study. Last night I averaged just 1.2!!!

View attachment 240995

^How I feel making these sick accelerated recovery gains
Yeah I bet the initial putting that on and thinking about sleep is a little overwhelming at first but sounds like a hell of an improvement!! I was kinda thinking the bane mask.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Carnitine is a branched non-essential amino acid your body makes on its own - it is fundamentally necessary for fat mobilization. It transports fats to the mitochondria of cells to be broken down for ATP, energy. Think about injecting exogenous carnitine as hiring a bigger crew to shovel more coal faster to the furnaces of a steam engine. If you are doing the work and creating an energy deficit, you can use burn fat for energy while sparing muscle glycogen stores. It also helps fuel transport in the brain as well, not just the muscles, so it has a mild positive nootropic quality as well.

So taken pre-training, it will provide more muscle endurance. If you inject 3-500mg preWO, it will be obvious that you will be able to tolerate more total sets before exhaustion. This can be useful for someone trying to get more work in. Especially if consumed with a bunch of pre/intra carbs. Your fuel goes further.

For someone dieting, carnitine before training or cardio makes their fat loss during it more successful, while sparing more muscle & helping them hang in their.

For someone doing heavy low volume strength training, taking it post workout or on off-days with the highest carb meal is going to help a little bit to improve recovery from that meal.

L-carnitine helps scrub the AR - it helps androgens that have bound & transcribed unbind sooner, so they can get back into circulation and find another AR to bind to faster. This makes your hormones (both natural test or exogenous steroids) ‘do more’ per mg before getting excreted.

It has some definite interaction with Thyroid. Based on the better composition it tends to promote over time, I would say it’s overall positive. But I don’t really understand it.

It improves male fertility by improving mitochondrial health of your sperm. Definitely want this when trying to get your woman pregnant.

If you are using Cardarine ever, that exhausts carnitine stores. So supplementing helps keep it working better.

It works much better in the presence of sodium and insulin to help transport it. So taking with carbs, amino acids, or a salted drink is ideal (or injecting exogenous insulin).

TLDR - it can support recovery, anabolism, fat loss, endurance on a foundational level.
How does oral supplementation compare with injecting it typically?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome news on the success with the CPAP. Watching this for sure, so far sounds game changing.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How does oral supplementation compare with injecting it typically?
Taken in at least 4 grams daily over 3 doses, oral L-Carn does provide some of the AR scrubbing benefit I believe. But otherwise, what they found is the rise in L-Carnitine levels is totally transient; they return to physiological very quickly. It just doesn’t seem to make any practical difference.

Studies on IV use however show l-carn levels reaching and sustaining supraphysiological realms. This does have some positives, as discussed.

On a practical level, it doesn’t compare at all. Eat any number of grams of L-carn before training one day, then inject 2-500mg IM next week before you go in to do the same session. You will be sweating more, getting better pumps, and find yourself doing more sets and exercises before exhaustion.

With the oral, you will just be lucky if you don’t get an upset gut, let alone notice any definitive performance enhancement.

Awesome news on the success with the CPAP. Watching this for sure, so far sounds game changing.
On one hand, it is a hassle. You can’t kiss your wife once it’s on, or pick your nose or adjust or reach anything inside the seal without undoing it and starting all over to retighten it. It’s difficult to even talk with a full mask on. And once you plug the hose in and turn it on, it’s tough to cough or clear your throat. If you need to get up, you have to shut it off and disconnect the hose from your mask so you can go to the bathroom or whatever.

But those are all little things you can learn to work with, and I remind myself it’s not for the rest of my life - just as long as I want to stay big. But for now, I need to do this for my longterm health & performance goals.

And I can also get a nasal pillow mask, where it’s two little nosebuds that deliver oxygen but your mouth & nose are both uncovered. I just get sinus congestion so often from bugs my son brings home from preschool it’s not realistic to use my nose all the time. A full mask lets me switch between nose and mouth breathing as I please.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good info and things to consider. Mine seems to go away around 200-205 if lean, so it wouldn't be forever thing for me either since I intend to size down to something more manageable after these competitions. Of course we will see what all hangs around and how I feel once I reach a look I want to maintain after the shows.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/24/24
BW 248.4 yesterday

Plate-loaded Shoulder Press Machine
45/side 2x12
70x8
90x6
115x5
135,160,185x3

JM Press
45,65,95,115,135x10

CG Bench
45x15
135x12
185x10
235x8

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
22x20,20,16,16,15,13/arm

Pendulum High Row
25/side x15
70 4x16

Seated BB Military
45,65,85,95x15
115x12

ss w/ Band Pullaparts
Mini 3x35

Camber handle Cable Curl
22 2x20
27x20

3rd night in a row successfully wearing the CPAP all night, and it’s definitely been making mornings easier. Between better sleep and the 400mg L-Carnitine I took preWO, I was able to get a lot done in the gym today. Really tried to challenge my elbow since I haven’t in a while; at some point you have to stop worrying about what you can’t do and just try to do what you can. I was surprised by being able to fully touch on closegrip bench. It hurt and I didn’t load it up, but overall there was a bit of progress in ROM on a lot of things I messed with. Back didn’t have a problem on the bench either.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
3/24/24
BW 248.4 yesterday

Plate-loaded Shoulder Press Machine
45/side 2x12
70x8
90x6
115x5
135,160,185x3

JM Press
45,65,95,115,135x10

CG Bench
45x15
135x12
185x10
235x8

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
22x20,20,16,16,15,13/arm

Pendulum High Row
25/side x15
70 4x16

Seated BB Military
45,65,85,95x15
115x12

ss w/ Band Pullaparts
Mini 3x35

Camber handle Cable Curl
22 2x20
27x20

3rd night in a row successfully wearing the CPAP all night, and it’s definitely been making mornings easier. Between better sleep and the 400mg L-Carnitine I took preWO, I was able to get a lot done in the gym today. Really tried to challenge my elbow since I haven’t in a while; at some point you have to stop worrying about what you can’t do and just try to do what you can. I was surprised by being able to fully touch on closegrip bench. It hurt and I didn’t load it up, but overall there was a bit of progress in ROM on a lot of things I messed with. Back didn’t have a problem on the bench either.
Sounds like it’s working quite well and only the third night. Nice looking session and great the back didn’t bother you!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad the back is better and you’re already sleeping better with the CPAP, that should make a world of difference in your rest and recovery. Also, great info on Carnitine.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3rd night in a row successfully wearing the CPAP all night, and it’s definitely been making mornings easier.
dude congrats!! nothing better than a good night of rest, nothing worse than no rest. I hope this works out for you through the "big years".

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/26/24

Bird Dogs
Cat Camel
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts

Kabuki Trapbar RDL
145x10 hi handles
145x5,8,8,8 RDL from floor
195,245,295x1 conventional from floor

BW Squats

Squat, Buffalo bar
55x5,5,10
105x5
155x1

Glute Bridges on heels
BW 2x20

Nothing exciting, but I was happy to have no issues pulling a plate & kept it under 300. Heard a couple pops when I squat 155, nothing unusual but decided to leave on a good note so I can come back healthy in a few days to progress. I also tried to keep from getting anything actually worked so I will remain loose.

ART doc was really happy with everything and we’re of the exact same mind on the path forward for me. Wants me doing some Pallof Presses & a QL drill as well for a bit. He said my progress was exceptional, but he also wasn’t surprised since it was me specifically

5 nights using the CPAP straight now. We’re becoming fast friends!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does the machine bug the wife at all? (Prob less than snoring)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, it is dead silent. I asked her yesterday and she said she doesn’t even know it’s on or not except when she can see the hose connected to my mask.

Luna G3 APAP LG3600

I was also never really a snorer, as long as I stayed on my stomach. That’s what people don’t realize unless they get educated - you don’t need to be noisy to be having frequent breathing discrepancies that are costing recovery.

Seth Albersworth basically said in a video on tips for bigger lifters “if you’re over 200lbs and you don’t have a CPAP, then you’re a dork who doesn’t really care anything about your powerlifting progress. I know 181s who benefit from their CPAP”. That was something that hit home for me - why am I avoiding something that will actually extend my life AND help my lifting?

I saw a PubMed article last night showing people typically gain up to 5lbs over a period, especially women, when adding a CPAP. But it’s always all LBM, not fat. They suspect increased IGF1 from better endogenous GH secretion at night.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, it is dead silent. I asked her yesterday and she said she doesn’t even know it’s on or not except when she can see the hose connected to my mask.

Luna G3 APAP LG3600

I was also never really a snorer, as long as I stayed on my stomach. That’s what people don’t realize unless they get educated - you don’t need to be noisy to be having frequent breathing discrepancies that are costing recovery.

Seth Albersworth basically said in a video on tips for bigger lifters “if you’re over 200lbs and you don’t have a CPAP, then you’re a dork who doesn’t really care anything about your powerlifting progress. I know 181s who benefit from their CPAP”. That was something that hit home for me - why am I avoiding something that will actually extend my life AND help my lifting?

I saw a PubMed article last night showing people typically gain up to 5lbs over a period, especially women, when adding a CPAP. But it’s always all LBM, not fat. They suspect increased IGF1 from better endogenous GH secretion at night.
I can’t remember did insurance cover the cost of the sleep study minus a co pay or something similar?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t remember did insurance cover the cost of the sleep study minus a co pay or something similar?
I didn’t even submit my insurance (but you can, even for the study); I wanted it off the record and without any interference, waiting on approval/denials, etc.

I just paid $189 for a home sleep study, it arrived next week, did it that night, and had results 90 minutes later with my prescription. Ordered a CPAP and mask that afternoon with a code for $189 off the bundle since I got my study through them (Gem Sleep). Less than 2 weeks and $1,087 out the door.

You could also get the study and use the script to get a pre-owned unit for cheaper from a different website.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn’t even submit my insurance (but you can, even for the study); I wanted it off the record and without any interference, waiting on approval/denials, etc.

I just paid $189 for a home sleep study, it arrived next week, did it that night, and had results 90 minutes later with my prescription. Ordered a CPAP and mask that afternoon with a code for $189 off the bundle since I got my study through them (Gem Sleep). Less than 2 weeks and $1,087 out the door.

You could also get the study and use the script to get a pre-owned unit for cheaper from a different website.
Oh shoot for 189 and a home study yeah that’s not bad at all!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh shoot for 189 and a home study yeah that’s not bad at all!
Put on the watch, slip the connected pulse oximeter onto your finger, download the app & turn on your phone’s Bluetooth. Press start when you go lights out, sleep normally, and stop/submit when you’re ready to get up. I was super impressed how simple they made it.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man I did a sleep study when I was military, the day/night after pulling 48 hour guard duty. Of course I passed the hell out at like 730pm and slept for 12 hours perfectly.

My wife always tells me that unless I'm dead exhausted, I stop breathing in my sleep and gasp, woke her up every other day or so. Maybe I should look into this.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I almost pulled the trigger on a new one from Craigslist the other day. Was doing research on it and it had been recalled (this one recalled and new machine sent out) and after the recall still had problems. When I say problems I mean toxins being released as the foam breaks down. Needless to say I did not buy. I’m 100% checking out gem sleep in the coming weeks. Thanks brother

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I almost pulled the trigger on a new one from Craigslist the other day. Was doing research on it and it had been recalled (this one recalled and new machine sent out) and after the recall still had problems. When I say problems I mean toxins being released as the foam breaks down. Needless to say I did not buy. I’m 100% checking out gem sleep in the coming weeks. Thanks brother

6 nights in now & glad I got it! I was worried it may feel like a prison sentence when I got it, but I almost view it as a comfort item now that it helps me sleep better.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My wife would be asleep before I even pushed the on button lol

I was also never really a snorer, as long as I stayed on my stomach.
not even at your heavier weights? that was the big trigger for me, is I was NEVER a snorer until I broke 200lbs. I started making the connection with the sleep apnea that crept in around Dec with my PR deadlifts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My wife would be asleep before I even pushed the on button lol

not even at your heavier weights? that was the big trigger for me, is I was NEVER a snorer until I broke 200lbs. I started making the connection with the sleep apnea that crept in around Dec with my PR deadlifts.
lol that’s funny man, my wife does conk out easily too! But I am not kidding when I say the machine is silent, so even a light sleeper won’t notice.

I will always snore when on my back (without the machine), but I don’t believe ever otherwise. I just wake up a lot so I probably struggle to breathe.

I can say this last push to bench 405, I was miserable laying down at night. I felt like I was always trying to find a position for my head on the pillow laying on my stomach where I felt like I could breathe. It was like my delts and traps were colliding with my neck/chin. This was 265-270lb range.

I have a long neck. I honestly have no idea how actual fat people live in their own bodies; I would simply stop eating before I would tolerate that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/27/24
BW 248.8

Cat Camel
Pallof Press
Band Pullaparts, Serratus activation, triceps

Bench
45x15,5
95,135,185,225x5
255,285,305x1
255x5,6,7,8

NG Wide Lat Pulldown
70,110,140x12
160x10
180x8
200x6

Seated Cable Low Row
100x20
140x20,15

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 2x12

First real benchpress in a couple weeks, and it felt heavy. So I took my time & things slowly felt stronger every set. Didn’t try to set the world on fire; now is not yet the time to push. Just happy to comp bench with no back pain!

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had watched the vid you posted on another thread about bench technique. Excellent vids btw. Do you lift in a federation that requires your heels to be in contact w the floor?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can say this last push to bench 405, I was miserable laying down at night. I felt like I was always trying to find a position for my head on the pillow laying on my stomach where I felt like I could breathe. It was like my delts and traps were colliding with my neck/chin. This was 265-270lb range.
I believe it. I'm a bit more... flexible? now at this weight. I was sleeping in a very weird position the last half of 2023 trying to find a place where my arms and shoulders would both fit lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I had watched the vid you posted on another thread about bench technique. Excellent vids btw. Do you lift in a federation that requires your heels to be in contact w the floor?
No, that’s elitist nonsense. As long as the lifter can keep part of both feet in contact with the floor it’s a good lift.

That being said, I personally bench with flat feet. A stable base is necessary for a big bench, and that lets me drive my traps into the bench without raising my butt up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good seeing how much you like the CPAP. I guess I need to see if I can't get a sleep study scheduled, but will have to go through insurance to get it done. Sounds like when I do this I should expect a delay from red tape BS.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good seeing how much you like the CPAP. I guess I need to see if I can't get a sleep study scheduled, but will have to go through insurance to get it done. Sounds like when I do this I should expect a delay from red tape BS.
Better late than never. Especially if you aren’t taking GH, this is something that would benefit your prep. Better sleep, better fat loss.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, that’s elitist nonsense. As long as the lifter can keep part of both feet in contact with the floor it’s a good lift.

That being said, I personally bench with flat feet. A stable base is necessary for a big bench, and that lets me drive my traps into the bench without raising my butt up.
Nice, I benched yest using all the cues from the video. I’m on a scheduled deload this week but I was still sucking wind from bracing, loading onto my traps, and trying to make my chest “reach” for the bar. I have alligator arms and this technique really shortened my range of motion. Again, excellent info!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3/29/24

Bird Dogs
Pallof Press
Band Pullaparts
KB Suitcase Carries
Band Rotator/Angels
Band QL Activation
KB One-leg Deadlift
RFE Split Squat
BW Squat

Squat, Duffalo bar
55,105,155,205,255x5
+deadlift belt
305,335x1

GM, Duffalo bar
55x15
105,125,145,165x12 beltless

Plate-loaded Leg Extension
45,90,115,140x15

Plate-loaded Lying Leg Curl
90x12
115 3x6

You might say, ‘That sure is a lot of crap before getting down to business’. But I would say, ‘I put 180lbs on my squat from 3 days ago.’ At that rate, I should squat 875 in 9 more days No pain, no problems, confidence returning - onwards!