Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The one that gets to me is the ones who claim to not have the time. I get it some days yes time might be limited but 7 days a week you can never find time to go to the gym? BULLSHIT.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At 41 with a desk job myself, I'm not sure but I think it's the accumulated fatigue of "life" that gets people "comfortable" to the point where they don't push it anymore. IDK. I'm still processing but something about that little comment really got my mind spinning and thinking.
That’s what it is - comfort, or lack thereof. Becoming uncomfortable with discomfort, or being comfortable just putting down the sword.

I have zero problem with people doing either of these things if they are content & happy. I just have seen way too much to believe age is the reason. Just tell it like it is - it hurts too much, or you can’t physically do it, or you would rather be doing something else. You don’t owe me any excuses, & I won’t give you anything for them.

Meh, there is something to say for the I am too old for that stuff. However it is very individual. I am too old personally for powerlifting and my risk reward profile. I have just put too many miles on these joints of mine, and they are not the resilient type. I got those degenerative arthritis genes unfortunately. So for me personally. I am too old for that type of stress on my body. I am not too old to build a damn good physique and step on stage though! ;)

When you get into guys being able to maintain lifting like this into their elder years you are talking about someone with great connective tissue genetics, a superior recovery ability, and probably trains smartly.
In this guy’s case, he has been powerlifting since young and never stopped, so his connective tissue has stayed conditioned. It would not be possible to still lift these weights if he took a big hiatus. Age hasn’t stopped him because he hasn’t stopped doing what he did to build his strength, and like you said a combination of genetics, luck, and determination have allowed him to keep going.

People don’t just get too old to lift heavy. Some just get too injured/worn out for it to be worth the risk or repercussions to them. I mean that guy might wake up every day in pain in all likelihood, just too tough to die.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The one that gets to me is the ones who claim to not have the time. I get it some days yes time might be limited but 7 days a week you can never find time to go to the gym? BULLSHIT.
Right?! Like we all don’t have the same 168 hours in the week we have to decide how to spend lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/26/24

Band Pecs, Tris, Lats, Rear Delts
2 rounds

Low Incline Bench Axle Pin Press (~2-board)
15,15,105,195x5
245,265,285,305x1
315x3 PR

Axle Bench
105,195,245,285,305x5

Very High Incline Axle Press
105 4x15

Rolling DB Tri Extensions
40x15
50x12,10

Vbar Cable Tri Pressdown
60x25
80x10,12
30x30

ss w/ Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
35 2x10

305 was hard and slow on incline, so we decided a smaller 10lb jump was the smart call for my last single. Had my buddy put a favorite hype song of mine on; 315 flew up so fast I instinctively went for a double. Same thing, so I pressed a final hard third rep. Kind of a wtf moment, but that’s the power of mindset I suppose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, I love that right now I can make someone feel pretty stupid for saying that when I tell them how early I get up just to have time to train while still having time for my family.
That’s what it is - comfort, or lack thereof. Becoming uncomfortable with discomfort, or being comfortable just putting down the sword.

I have zero problem with people doing either of these things if they are content & happy. I just have seen way too much to believe age is the reason. Just tell it like it is - it hurts too much, or you can’t physically do it, or you would rather be doing something else. You don’t owe me any excuses, & I won’t give you anything for them.

In this guy’s case, he has been powerlifting since young and never stopped, so his connective tissue has stayed conditioned. It would not be possible to still lift these weights if he took a big hiatus. Age hasn’t stopped him because he hasn’t stopped doing what he did to build his strength, and like you said a combination of genetics, luck, and determination have allowed him to keep going.

People don’t just get too old to lift heavy. Some just get too injured/worn out for it to be worth the risk or repercussions to them. I mean that guy might wake up every day in pain in all likelihood, just too tough to die.
Yeah the bolded is definitely me, it's not that I "can't" lift heavy, but that it isn't worth the risk for me anymore. My original love was bodybuilding, which I was always a strong lifter. That made me want to test myself in PL after switching to it for the lower volume and wanting to see what I could do. So never reached a big enough passion to push into those risky areas just for the love of it. Made it easier to as you so eloquently said lay down the sword. Well trade it back in for my original love.
Right?! Like we all don’t have the same 168 hours in the week we have to decide how to spend lol.
Exactly, just comes down to priorities.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats that is a solid PR!!!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally. I have guys at my work who claim they can't find time for the gym and these are guys in their twenties who live at home with parents and aren't in a relationship. Then in another conversation they will be going on about how they have put 500 hours into Zelda tears of the kingdom on Nintendo Switch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/27/24

Lat Pulldown
Standing Cable Abs
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
RFE Split Squat

Cambered Bar Squat
65,155x5
245,335,385x3
+belt
435x3
485x1
385 2x5

Split-grip Hang for 30 sec

Deadlift, Ohio dl bar
135x10 RDLs
225x5
315,365x3
+belt
415 3x3, 1x6

Trained a day early so I could join the wife to go a couple hours north so she could train some events at her coach’s gym. It was a cool place, lots of strongman gear. Took my time, trained at a much more relaxed pace than usual for this day & did less accessory, but I got some really quality movement in. Every lift I did today was money; great way to start off a new wave with new variations.

Wife squat ~305lbs actual weight at the shoulder on the Anderson lever squat today, so that bodes well for the Arnold in 5 weeks for that event! This is where you start from the bottom position with no eccentric prior.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Missed a few days in here…..congratulations on the PRs, man that GM PR last week, actually that whole workout was very impressive. And the Mike Burch 700 lbs deadlift is one of the most impressive lifts I’ve ever seen, because of his age. And you hit the nail on the head with probably a big part of him continuing to be that strong was consistency and working through his challenges, and obviously staying as injury free as possible. That was my downfall when I got back to lifting at 52, was I had taken about a 9 year layoff because of “injuries”, but I knew I could have done more than just running, martial arts, and biking. So when I finally got back to lifting I’ve really battled the old injury and recovery bug, but I have hit goals I didn’t think I would at this age, so got to keep pushing, and guys like Mike, Rocket, and Kleen are great motivators for us old dudes.😎💪
Oh and cheering for Mrs Hyde to bring back a 1st place finish, and I thought I saw in another thread it’s her birthday, so Happy Birthday to your lady.👍

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Missed a few days in here…..congratulations on the PRs, man that GM PR last week, actually that whole workout was very impressive. And the Mike Burch 700 lbs deadlift is one of the most impressive lifts I’ve ever seen, because of his age. And you hit the nail on the head with probably a big part of him continuing to be that strong was consistency and working through his challenges, and obviously staying as injury free as possible. That was my downfall when I got back to lifting at 52, was I had taken about a 9 year layoff because of “injuries”, but I knew I could have done more than just running, martial arts, and biking. So when I finally got back to lifting I’ve really battled the old injury and recovery bug, but I have hit goals I didn’t think I would at this age, so got to keep pushing, and guys like Mike, Rocket, and Kleen are great motivators for us old dudes.
Oh and cheering for Mrs Hyde to bring back a 1st place finish, and I thought I saw in another thread it’s her birthday, so Happy Birthday to your lady.
Thank you sir! We had a good birthday weekend. Got some lifting, party with friends, loving, family time & lots of fun meals.

I don’t expect her to win it, but historically she has come dead center as a middleweight at the Arnold twice now, so it would be great to exceed that. I know she would love to make the Final day, with the top 4 competitors up on the stage.

I think that’s the right takeaway from anomalies like Mike: people are too quick to let others put limits on what they can and can’t do. Decide what you want to try and enjoy the journey!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

the way I see it, it seems like everyone has their own flavor of miserable, aches, pains, mental struggles etc. At least mine will be self inflicted and come with a little extra strength and fitness 😅

My dad is in his 60s, and IMO, about 40lbs overweight (he has 30lbs on me and 1 inch shorter) but can still run 3-5 miles every single morning when he lifts. I have no idea how he does it, my feet would explode.

Low Incline Bench Axle Pin Press (~2-board)
15,15,105,195x5
245,265,285,305x1
315x3 PR
why am I not shocked?! haha congrats again dude, the momentum is on fire!

Had my buddy put a favorite hype song of mine on;
be honest now;

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
the way I see it, it seems like everyone has their own flavor of miserable, aches, pains, mental struggles etc. At least mine will be self inflicted and come with a little extra strength and fitness

My dad is in his 60s, and IMO, about 40lbs overweight (he has 30lbs on me and 1 inch shorter) but can still run 3-5 miles every single morning when he lifts. I have no idea how he does it, my feet would explode.

why am I not shocked?! haha congrats again dude, the momentum is on fire!

be honest now;

Lol you can find a lot of hype in weird stuff, if you can get yourself into it! First time loading a 300lb Atlas stone, I was trying to get psyched up. Then the garage owner put on Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition”, so that’s what I had to work with. Now I start getting goosebumps whenever I hear it!

We discussed chicken shakes in @MrKleen73’s thread recently - just used one of the breasts from a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s club, 8.6oz cooked breast, & about 12oz cool water with some salt. It was flat out good - I liked it thinner like this!

IMG_9147.JPG

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol you can find a lot of hype in weird stuff, if you can get yourself into it! First time loading a 300lb Atlas stone, I was trying to get psyched up. Then the garage owner put on Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition”, so that’s what I had to work with. Now I start getting goosebumps whenever I hear it!

We discussed chicken shakes in @MrKleen73’s thread recently - just used one of the breasts from a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s club, 8.6oz cooked breast, & about 12oz cool water with some salt. It was flat out good - I liked it thinner like this!

View attachment 239976
I'm appalled.. yet intrigued...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As I sit here drinking a glass of water to choke down the chicken, I am sold. I'll try it tomorrow.

Edit: maybe try a bouillon cube or scoop for the soup flavor
Or some taco seasoning and a lil salsa.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/30/24

Band Warmups
Serratus Activation
Wall slides
Push-ups

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10
+vs doubles minibands
45,95x5
155 5x5 30 sec rests

Floorpress
45,135,225x6
265x3
295 3x6

DB Incline
40,60x20
80 2x15

KB Skullcrushers
35x14,12,10

Push-ups
2x20, clusters of 5 w/ changing widths

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 4x12

One-arm Cable Pushdowns
30,40x15
50x8
30x50 two-handed

DB Preacher Curl
15x12
20 2x12

Felt especially good going into this session, recovery-wise, and it showed in both execution and total work accomplished. A good day in the gym!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1/30/24

Band Warmups
Serratus Activation
Wall slides
Push-ups

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10
+vs doubles minibands
45,95x5
155 5x5 30 sec rests

Floorpress
45,135,225x6
265x3
295 3x6

DB Incline
40,60x20
80 2x15

KB Skullcrushers
35x14,12,10

Push-ups

25 4x12

One-arm Cable Pushdowns
30,40x15
50x8
30x50 two-handed

DB Preacher Curl
15x12
20 2x12

Felt especially good going into this session, recovery-wise, and it showed in both execution and total work accomplished. A good day in the gym!
A lot of work there! KB skull crusher haven’t seen that one with a kettle ball before. One in each hand?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you sir! We had a good birthday weekend. Got some lifting, party with friends, loving, family time & lots of fun meals.

I don’t expect her to win it, but historically she has come dead center as a middleweight at the Arnold twice now, so it would be great to exceed that. I know she would love to make the Final day, with the top 4 competitors up on the stage.

I think that’s the right takeaway from anomalies like Mike: people are too quick to let others put limits on what they can and can’t do. Decide what you want to try and enjoy the journey!
Happy belated to the Mrs! Jan 29 is a busy day

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1/30/24

Band Warmups
Serratus Activation
Wall slides
Push-ups

Dynamic Bench, power bar
45x10
+vs doubles minibands
45,95x5
155 5x5 30 sec rests

Floorpress
45,135,225x6
265x3
295 3x6

DB Incline
40,60x20
80 2x15

KB Skullcrushers
35x14,12,10

Push-ups

25 4x12

One-arm Cable Pushdowns
30,40x15
50x8
30x50 two-handed

DB Preacher Curl
15x12
20 2x12

Excellent session Hyde... Props... Happy b-day to the Mrs. as well...

I did the chicken shake once, wasnt bad I guess. I can hold my breath and eat or drink just about anything if I need to..

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I still haven't decided on the chicken shake yet. I think I'd do best with it if it was warmer like soup but at that point I guess then I'm just making chicken stew and no longer getting the speed benefits of mixing a quick shake, lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I still haven't decided on the chicken shake yet. I think I'd do best with it if it was warmer like soup but at that point I guess then I'm just making chicken stew and no longer getting the speed benefits of mixing a quick shake, lol
No but you would be getting the benefits of getting the meal down easier, and making digestion easier, which in a high food volume bulk is a tremendous benefit. Plus what are we talking about here, maybe a minute extra on the microwave? I eat most of my meals at work so my issue with this is figuring out how to blend one up at work. Then again, I guess I could puree it at home them just bring it to work.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A lot of work there! KB skull crusher haven’t seen that one with a kettle ball before. One in each hand?
Yes sir. Nothing revolutionary, just a little tweak in the feel as the handle rotates in your palm for some variety.

Think will pass on the chicken shake. Mentally just don't think I can get over drinking chicken :sick:
It’s certainly not for everyone! Mainly for people who want to eat chicken, who really don’t want to eat chicken lol

If you get your tap water hot prior it will be plenty warm. Or microwave like Kleen mentioned if using something pre-filtered or bottled. Colder will be a weaker chicken flavor, arguably making it easier to chug.

No but you would be getting the benefits of getting the meal down easier, and making digestion easier, which in a high food volume bulk is a tremendous benefit. Plus what are we talking about here, maybe a minute extra on the microwave? I eat most of my meals at work so my issue with this is figuring out how to blend one up at work. Then again, I guess I could puree it at home them just bring it to work.
I was going to say, blend the day’s chicken in a big blender, then poor portioned into shakers in a cooled lunchbox.

Swede Burns said this was his favorite way to prep. Then he would eat his rice & broccoli microwaved and just drink the cold shake with it.

Anyone eating chicken breast at high frequency isn’t worried about the lack of micros. They will probably just supplement, and a bodybuilder on gear needs very little fat compared to gen pop.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My son has been home from school throwing up some with low appetite 3 days now. He is staying pretty hydrated though. My last meal was yesterday at 1, had some pasta & ground beef. Over the evening stomach got more and more bloated feeling so I couldn’t eat or drink. Vomiting, very bad chills & back ache, eventually some diarrhea this morning. My stepdaughter has a cough and runny nose, my son has a runny nose, but I have had neither. I get sick often enough that I was really surprised by how violent this was on me; it absolutely floored me.

Maybe COVID? Mainly wondering due to the great variety of symptoms between us, but in any case definitely hit with a virus. I even took PTO, and normally I can work from home pretty well when sick.

No training tonight. Things have been going really well in the gym the last few weeks, so I’m about due for something to go off the rails 🤮

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My son has been home from school throwing up some with low appetite 3 days now. He is staying pretty hydrated though. My last meal was yesterday at 1, had some pasta & ground beef. Over the evening stomach got more and more bloated feeling so I couldn’t eat or drink. Vomiting, very bad chills & back ache, eventually some diarrhea this morning. My stepdaughter has a cough and runny nose, my son has a runny nose, but I have had neither. I get sick often enough that I was really surprised by how violent this was on me; it absolutely floored me.

Maybe COVID? Mainly wondering due to the great variety of symptoms between us, but in any case definitely hit with a virus. I even took PTO, and normally I can work from home pretty well when sick.

No training tonight. Things have been going really well in the gym the last few weeks, so I’m about due for something to go off the rails 🤮
My wife just got over something like you're describing, a few others in my area as well. Thankfully I didn't catch anything knock on wood but I'm sure she brings some pretty wicked **** home from her EMS shifts.

Hope this doesn't set you back too much and you can get back to it, hope your family gets well.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Vomiting, very bad chills & back ache, eventually some diarrhea this morning. My stepdaughter has a cough and runny nose, my son has a runny nose, but I have had neither. I get sick often enough that I was really surprised by how violent this was on me; it absolutely floored me.
gosh man IDK. you know my conspiracy theories on the rona but I can't relate to any of those symptoms you have. I didn't personally know anyone vomiting from it. could it be like a legit flu bug?

when my boy had OG 'rona (2021?) he was very stuffed up and mucousy, when I got it, it was like a bad headcold was about to happen and never did. light fevers, eventually brief loss of smell and taste, but never vomit. getting the runs is tough one cause I feel like that can happen anytime anything in the body is not happy.

definitely agree with your assessment that it's a bug though, not food poisoning. Despite your wonderful chicken protein shake.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Ugh, sorry to hear man. There are some nasty bugs of all flavors going around right now it seems.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just think if it as slurping cock.
Why you have a reference for what slurping c0ck is like is what I want to know.

@Hyde, agreed, I get more than enough of what chicken supplies and will definitely supplement with whey protein to reach my needs when things are too hard. I do try to get my 10oz of flank steak for the iron and stuff it supplies differently than chicken. Still there is something about having a set meal plan makes me want to try my best to stick to it whenever possible. I know it isn't as huge a deal as long as the macros are met, but I try, and I think that is a lot of the reason you see some people doing some of these things like chicken shakes.

I hope you and the entire family start feeling better quickly!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Dang man hope you and the family have a speedy recovery.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My son seems to be at full energy this evening and eating more, and I haven’t thrown up again eating a bagel and some turkey, so that’s good news.

Also, for anyone interested in the saga of the car that wouldn’t start, I had it towed to my shop. Turns out when it was -36* and wouldn’t start (due to the corroded lead & old leaking battery), the computer threw so much fuel that couldn’t get burned off that it fouled out my spark plugs. So it was never able to light off later on even once the battery & corrosion had been addressed. I also had one coil that was melting, so that got replaced along with new plugs. Starts and runs like a dime again.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My son seems to be at full energy this evening and eating more, and I haven’t thrown up again eating a bagel and some turkey, so that’s good news.

Also, for anyone interested in the saga of the car that wouldn’t start, I had it towed to my shop. Turns out when it was -36* and wouldn’t start (due to the corroded lead & old leaking battery), the computer threw so much fuel that couldn’t get burned off that it fouled out my spark plugs. So it was never able to light off later on even once the battery & corrosion had been addressed. I also had one coil that was melting, so that got replaced along with new plugs. Starts and runs like a dime again.
Haven’t heard of that one before, glad you got it fixed though! Sucks being a vehicle down.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wife threw up bad at 3am this morning when she woke for training. Supposed to be a full run-through of her Day 1 comp events at 90% comp weights, but she couldn’t keep any water down & had to abort.

She had to call off work, napped most of the day instead, and has been eating fine getting fueled back up. I am going to give her my usual training slot tomorrow and get up super early to go train to be back before my son wakes (stepdaughter is WFH & can watch his monitor) to take him to school.

Cross your fingers I can rise to the alarm at 3:45; that is a hard one for me historically.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife threw up bad at 3am this morning when she woke for training. Supposed to be a full run-through of her Day 1 comp events at 90% comp weights, but she couldn’t keep any water down & had to abort.

She had to call off work, napped most of the day instead, and has been eating fine getting fueled back up. I am going to give her my usual training slot tomorrow and get up super early to go train to be back before my son wakes (stepdaughter is WFH & can watch his monitor) to take him to school.

Cross your fingers I can rise to the alarm at 3:45; that is a hard one for me historically.
Sorry to hear about the illness running through the family, hope it's all over soon!

Also checking in to see if you made that 3:45 wake up, that's crazy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about the illness running through the family, hope it's all over soon!

Also checking in to see if you made that 3:45 wake up, that's crazy!
Thanks guys! I made it with flying colors - wife was blow drying her hair at 3:20 & between that and probably having to pee, woke naturally and popped right up. Didn’t even need my alarm.

Maybe I should start training earlier, because trying to get up at 5am is like pulling teeth - I always feel exhausted trying to rise and snooze for eons.

She always does her hair and I sleep right through it, so it must have been a good time between REM cycles.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/2/24
BW 253.8 yesterday

KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BW Squats

Frontsquat, SSB
65,155x5
245x3
+triple-ply sleeves
335x1
+belt
385,425,455,480,520x1 105lb PR

Band Warmups

Widegrip Bench, Rogue MG-4CN camber bar on shoulder-saver side
48,48,138x5
188,228,278,318x3
338x2
353x1 PR

One of the guys in the gym did a 515 Frontsquat in sleeves last week, which really impressed me. I haven’t maxed on that lift in 4 years, when I did 415. I struggle to breathe/remain conscious over 315 on a barbell, so I kind of wrote that lift off inadvertently. But the safety bar flipped around doesn’t cause this problem, and a lot of things on me have gotten stronger in 4 years. So I decided to see what I was made of, and was able to re-establish raw squat dominance in the gym (for the moment).

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you just wait 4 years, get violently sick & lose 4 lbs, then go max out, you might put over 100lbs on your frontsquat. YMMV.

IMG_9154.JPG

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that huge PR!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bet he’s loading up 6 more lbs to reclaim title next round eh?
I hope so! I would have never ever considered pushing up to that if he hadn’t inspired me, and he’s competitive so I know he will let it drive him too. He’s 2 weightclasses under me & natty - he is a VERY good lifter. I am the bigger, older, PED-using lifter, so I consider it my responsibility to try to stay ahead of him best I can.

He is doing a meet in a month to try to qualify for the American Open this year, but I suspect he’ll come back for the frontsquat when he can. I feel like I have more left in me too, but not going to tell him that just yet

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why you have a reference for what slurping c0ck is like is what I want to know.

@Hyde, agreed, I get more than enough of what chicken supplies and will definitely supplement with whey protein to reach my needs when things are too hard. I do try to get my 10oz of flank steak for the iron and stuff it supplies differently than chicken. Still there is something about having a set meal plan makes me want to try my best to stick to it whenever possible. I know it isn't as huge a deal as long as the macros are met, but I try, and I think that is a lot of the reason you see some people doing some of these things like chicken shakes.

I hope you and the entire family start feeling better quickly!
I’m m always thinking about fowl, cock and sometimes chicken.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1/7/24
BW 260.8

Lat Pulldown warmup
BW One-leg Deadlifts
KB Suitcase Carries
BW Squat

alt w/ NG Chin-ups

SSB Squat
175x5
+80 chain
265x5
331 7x3 w/ ~90 sec rests

Sumo Deadlift, Tex dl bar
155,265x5
331 5x5

Beltsquat to box
180x15
230 2x15

Today kicked my ass, but I have to get back in shape to handle more lower body work and the time is now. Just had to suck it up & commit to doing the work.

First work set on sumo was garbage. Just legpressing it into a back extension like a conventional pull because it was light enough to get away with. So I turned my feet out slightly & pushed my knees out harder to wedge in better for the following sets - this let me focus on bringing my hips to the bar instead of pulling back. Final sets felt like I had really improved things - hoping if I strengthen my hip drive it will improve my conventional as well.

View attachment 239371

^Nailed it
Holy smokes man. You’re doing sets of 12 neutral grip pull-ups at 260 lb?!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have to really focus on scapular depression on my dips too. That right trap wants to take over for the subscap to create the tightness and stability. So I have to focus hard on keeping that scap depressed and chest high. Same for bench for me as well.
Same here on my left side, but I think it’s my levator scap instead of trap…quite frustrating.