tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Signed up for a USPA meet mid March - 220lb Open Raw class.

I realized I’ve been cruising for 17 weeks, it’s in line with my current diet goals & training, and it’s going to put that extra fire under both.

8 weeks out tomorrow
Ayooo lesssgoo

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great Motivation !!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Signed up for a USPA meet mid March - 220lb Open Raw class.

I realized I’ve been cruising for 17 weeks, it’s in line with my current diet goals & training, and it’s going to put that extra fire under both.

8 weeks out tomorrow
Skinny meet! This is your first at 220 ya?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde you been watching all this drama with USPA and goob?
I don’t get into all that social media drama, but my wife showed me post from the meet director addressing it that made me look it up.

Apparently one of the Ohio reps was being sleazy trying to get women at meets to sleep with him for money & other stuff. The USPA fired his ass and people are upset they didn’t try to call him out more. Like it’s their place to highlight people being dirtbags or something?

Anyway that promoter was a bitch - he gave me a red light on the best squat of my life, one that an international judge there white-lighted & complimented me on after. It was deep AF, I have the video, & it was a good lift, so **** him!

I don’t powerlift to get concerned with politics & drama; I’m here to eat Anadrol & kick ass!!!

Skinny meet! This is your first at 220 ya?
It will be #6 at 220

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/22/23
BW 226.0

6 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls ss w/ Overhead Tri Ext
27.5 2x25/each

Single Leg Deadlifts

Dynamic Bench, various grips
45 2x5
95 2x3
145 2x3
165x3
185 6x3
205x5

Strictpress
45 2x8
65,85,105,125,145x8

Incline Bench
65,95,135,155x6
175x6,6,7

Lat Pulldown
99,121,143x15
165 2x8

One Arm Cable Pressdown
22.5 2x25
16.5,11.5x25 underhand

ss w/ Cable Lateral Raise
11.5 2x20

Rope Cable Facepulls
27.5 2x25

55-hour fast ended early this morning to start filling back out into this 7am session. My low this week was 3.8lbs under my lowest from last, which bodes well for making weight without any grief.

40lbs on Strictpress over last week

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t get into all that social media drama, but my wife showed me post from the meet director addressing it that made me look it up.

Apparently one of the Ohio reps was being sleazy trying to get women at meets to sleep with him for money & other stuff. The USPA fired his ass and people are upset they didn’t try to call him out more. Like it’s their place to highlight people being dirtbags or something?

Anyway that promoter was a bitch - he gave me a red light on the best squat of my life, one that an international judge there white-lighted & complimented me on after. It was deep AF, I have the video, & it was a good lift, so **** him!

I don’t powerlift to get concerned with politics & drama; I’m here to eat Anadrol & kick ass!!!

It will be #6 at 220
This is why I lift alone in my garage. I don’t have to fend off rapists trying to steal my precious seed.

Dam I didn’t realize that was 6. Makes sense after cuts tho.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Posting this especially for you @Dustin07 - I know you like Layne and I think you will like his final thoughts on intermittent fasting.

At first I thought I disagreed with his thoughts on LDL being an independent risk factor for heart disease, but I realized that I do agree - my beef is with the use of statins to lower LDL based on recent evidence. They cause a lot more metabolic harm that promotes diabetes (cardiovascular disease) while the lowering of LDL barely impacts absolute mortality (~1% absolute risk for a very good chance to get diabetes).
Good stuff, I found his take on BCAA's to be interesting. I never ever thought of them as a muscle builder like protein but he finished up his beef on BCAA's by essentially pointing out that they could still fill the gap on incomplete proteins etc especially if you are in a deficit, vegan etc. I personally like them because... it flavors water as he pointed out, but really only pick them up when I'm in a deficit.

His IF discussion is interesting, it matches yours and @MrKleen73's comments and observations. Some of it seems like common sense (train during feeding window) but I also notice he still points out the best approach is 3 protein meals in that 8hr window which coincidentally goes back like 15 years to his thesis on protein synthesis being most optimal at 3-4 hr feeding windows.

good stuff! I am a Layne fan. i listen to his podcast from time to time but tend to get a little bored with the first 15 minutes of he and his wife talking about personal at home PRs etc. I want to geek out on nutrition and training science lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1/22/23
BW 226.0

6 min walk

Rope Cable Facepulls ss w/ Overhead Tri Ext
27.5 2x25/each

Single Leg Deadlifts

Dynamic Bench, various grips
45 2x5
95 2x3
145 2x3
165x3
185 6x3
205x5

Strictpress
45 2x8
65,85,105,125,145x8

Incline Bench
65,95,135,155x6
175x6,6,7

Lat Pulldown
99,121,143x15
165 2x8

One Arm Cable Pressdown
22.5 2x25
16.5,11.5x25 underhand

ss w/ Cable Lateral Raise
11.5 2x20

Rope Cable Facepulls
27.5 2x25

55-hour fast ended early this morning to start filling back out into this 7am session. My low this week was 3.8lbs under my lowest from last, which bodes well for making weight without any grief.

40lbs on Strictpress over last week
Hey for further self education...
You fasted until this morning but lifted at 7am. What did your break-fast look like and at what time? I imagine you must have started eating no later than 5am?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You fasted until this morning but lifted at 7am. What did your break-fast look like and at what time? I imagine you must have started eating no later than 5am?
I imagine he probably included some intra-workout carbs as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dam I didn’t realize that was 6. Makes sense after cuts tho.
I’m not sure what you took what I said to mean, but I was trying to say I’ve competed in 5 powerlifting meets weighing in under 220 - my second meet I even did as a 198, which I had foodborn colitis 3 weeks out shitting blood, so that went pretty poorly

5:30 drank ~20oz water
5:45 drank 2oz pure cranberry juice & 6oz grape juice (iodine,fructose)
6:00 began sipping 16oz water with 50g Karbolyn & 22g Gatorade Endurance (300mg sodium)
6:15 drank 8oz chicken bone broth (240mg sodium)
6:25 71g carbs from salted sticky rice bowl, 2 scrambled eggs
6:35 cup of black coffee, 6oz water with Daft Pump
6:55 begin sipping intra made of 64oz water, 50g Karbolyn, 55g Gatorade Endurance (800mg sodium), 3g taurine, 5g BCAA

Post training around 9:30am I was 232.6lbs.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m not sure what you took what I said to mean, but I was trying to say I’ve competed in 5 powerlifting meets weighing in under 220 - my second meet I even did as a 198, which I had foodborn colitis 3 weeks out shitting blood, so that went pretty poorly

6:00 began sipping 16oz water with 50g Karbolyn & 22g Gatorade Endurance (300mg sodium)
6:55 begin sipping intra made of 64oz water, 50g Karbolyn, 55g Gatorade Endurance (800mg sodium), 3g taurine, 5g BCAA

Yeah the thought of you at 220 just seems off as I’m used to seeing you hulk around here at giant status. It’s all relative lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the thought of you at 220 just seems off as I’m used to seeing you hulk around here at giant status. It’s all relative lol
Yeah some of us old timers remember when he wasn't even 200lbs yet. Years of consistency, blood, sweat, and gear at work there!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re telling me this slab of man was a were mortal once?!?! Not buying it.
Lol well, unfortunately here’s some proof…

1/23/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Single Leg Deadlifts
Band Pullaparts/Flyes/Dislocations
Bodyweight Squats

Squat, squatbar
55 2x5
145x3
235x3,1
325x2
+comp sleeves
375x2
+belt
415,445,465x2
485 - partial hamstring tear in the hole, dumped bar over head into tow straps

Squats felt much heavier than I wanted to, but I was well prepared for this session so I really can’t say why. At least 600g carbs yesterday, calorie surplus, well hydrated, lower stress levels, keeping up with sleep, thorough warmup, mobility checklist & activation, didn’t rush things, lower stim - I really hit every angle to be ready. My diet has been much higher quality overall lately too, with nutritious food consistently.

Walked 485 out with conviction, descended fast, as soon as I hit the hole I felt the BANG as my muscle popped and I collapsed down to my knees in a flash, when the bar immediately bent me forward, smacked over my head and landed in the straps hanging from the mono. Packed it up and hobbled home to get some ibuprofen going to get inflammation down.

465 was a brutal set, and I knew for sure I wasn’t going over 500 as planned, but I needed more work. 485x2 would keep me on track for the meet, and 415xAMRAP would have been actually more risky/less useful I felt because I am not in a surplus, plus I figured if the first rep of 485 was a grind I could just rack it. So all of my logic to take the weight was correct when I look back objectively - parts just failed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My left adductor/ham area towards the groin is much bigger/swollen than the right, but there is no bruising so it has to just be inflammation/fluid. This morning I couldn’t go up a step, but now I can if I focus on using my quad and the ball of my foot. I cannot sit down, get up, or bend over without pain & going slowly, but I can do single leg deadlifts with my right leg so I do think it’s the ham and not the adductor as of now.

I’m not really sure what this means for the meet in 8 weeks or my training. There’s no refunds, so I will probably go bench if nothing else - I only need to beat 314lbs for a 220 bench PR

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

1/23/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Single Leg Deadlifts
Bodyweight Squats

Squat, squatbar
55 2x5
145x3
235x3,1
325x2
+comp sleeves
375x2
+belt
415,445,465x2

Squats felt much heavier than I wanted to, but I was well prepared for this session so I really can’t say why. At least 600g carbs yesterday, calorie surplus, well hydrated, lower stress levels, keeping up with sleep, thorough warmup, mobility checklist & activation, didn’t rush things, lower stim - I really hit every angle to be ready. My diet has been much higher quality overall lately too, with nutritious food consistently.

Walked 485 out with conviction, descended fast, as soon as I hit the hole I felt the BANG as my muscle popped and I collapsed down to my knees in a flash, when the bar immediately bent me forward, smacked over my head and landed in the straps hanging from the mono. Packed it up and hobbled home to get some ibuprofen going to get inflammation down.

465 was a brutal set, and I knew for sure I wasn’t going over 500 as planned, but I needed more work. 485x2 would keep me on track for the meet, and 415xAMRAP would have been actually more risky/less useful I felt because I am not in a surplus, plus I figured if the first rep of 485 was a grind I could just rack it. So all of my logic to take the weight was correct when I look back objectively - parts just failed.
I hope it's nothing serious. absolutely bizarre how you can do everything right and have a bad day. I swear my PRs occur on days I just do not want to go in at all. You think it's a small recovery ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My left adductor/ham area towards the groin is much bigger/swollen than the right, but there is no bruising so it has to just be inflammation/fluid. This morning I couldn’t go up a step, but now I can if I focus on using my quad and the ball of my foot. I cannot sit down, get up, or bend over without pain & going slowly, but I can do single leg deadlifts with my right leg so I do think it’s the ham and not the adductor as of now.

I’m not really sure what this means for the meet in 8 weeks or my training. There’s no refunds, so I will probably go bench if nothing else - I only need to beat 314lbs for a 220 bench PR
well silver linings, you got bench in the bag for a PR.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope it's nothing serious. absolutely bizarre how you can do everything right and have a bad day. I swear my PRs occur on days I just do not want to go in at all. You think it's a small recovery ?
It’s really hard to say yet since I don’t know what exactly I’m working with. I’ve never had a squat blow anything and take a fall like that. I’m grateful nothing else got hurt incidentally in the accident.

Man! Hopefully nothing serious. You got this.
Yeah, you know how it goes. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dammit, that sucks dude! Don't know how else to put it. Hopefully some rest and therapy will get it feeling right soon. Gonna give it some time or already planning on getting it checked out?

Was just popping in to say you inspired me, thinking pretty seriously about signing up for a meet in June at the gym I was lifting at a couple years back.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dammit, that sucks dude! Don't know how else to put it. Hopefully some rest and therapy will get it feeling right soon. Gonna give it some time or already planning on getting it checked out?

Was just popping in to say you inspired me, thinking pretty seriously about signing up for a meet in June at the gym I was lifting at a couple years back.
No plans to get it checked out - there’s no chance of any kind of full detachment, so there’s nothing that can be done, orthopedic-wise. Partial tendon or muscle belly tears are something you just have to heal - do the rehab work to break up scar tissue, strengthen, restore ROM.

You should sign up! You spend all the effort getting stronger; you might as well go have some fun! Having a comp looming makes every session matter more, & the environment offers an excitement that the gym never can. There is a gravity and adrenaline that helps validate all the hard work it took.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Is the juice and Gatorade not loaded with sugar?

——-

Oh man, that’s horrible. Hoping for a speedy recovery , and I know it will be with your attention to proper recovery.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I’d highly recommend doing a meet at least once. I’ve only done one so far. Every single person was super nice and open to talk. It’s an amazing environment and energy. I really need to do another one!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should sign up! You spend all the effort getting stronger; you might as well go have some fun! Having a comp looming makes every session matter more, & the environment offers an excitement that the gym never can. There is a gravity and adrenaline that helps validate all the hard work it took.
I’d highly recommend doing a meet at least once. I’ve only done one so far. Every single person was super nice and open to talk. It’s an amazing environment and energy. I really need to do another one!
Is there a one-stop website that lists all meets, or do you have to search specific feds or just straight google “powerlifting meet jacksonville (etc)”?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there a one-stop website that lists all meets, or do you have to search specific feds or just straight google “powerlifting meet jacksonville (etc)”?
A lot of times they are listed on the federations website. However I found the one I did by searching pretty much what you said at the bottom. "Powerlifting meet near me" then started looking at the federations.

@Hyde I hope your recovery goes well. I guess it is a good time to be on HGH.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is the juice and Gatorade not loaded with sugar?
The grape juice was some old 100% grape juice from concentrate taking up space in the back of the fridge - so 100% fructose. Combining fructose with glucose has been found to actually increase rate of uptake & metabolism of both. I was looking for about 25g here from juice, because while normally consuming fruit with fiber & micronutrients is the ideal, that is not ideal in a rapid rehydration scenario (post fast or weighin).

Gatorade is indeed loaded with sugar (first ingredient) which is about 55% glucose & 45% fructose. Gatorade Endurance swaps dextrose for maltodextrin, which could be thought of a bit like dextrose with an ester attached to delay release, but the ratios are still off - but it does boast useful levels of sodium and potassium, so combining it with Karbolyn (powdered corn/rice/potato for glucose) works very well here.

The core things to consider for rapid hydration is having significant glucose (like cheap pure dextrose powder) with some fructose (cup of 100% juice or 25g fructose powder) and lots of sodium. No fiber or anything that needs digested; it needs to be liquid.

You could do a lot worse for an intra than just using bulk dextrose mixed with some Kool Aid or Country Time pink lemonade powder and a 1/4 tsp of iodized table salt, honestly. The regular country time has yellow #5 in it, so avoid that.

IMG_7627.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Was that the one we both did together but somehow did not even meet one another??

Kleen covered you. I normally just go to the USPA website because they have a good presence in the Midwest, but powerlifting watch is the only database I know that can show a lot of different federations besides USPA (it is clunky). Otherwise you will need to search the individual federations’ websites.

Maybe time to bump the growth up a bit.
That’s exactly what I’ve done, pinned 2iu last night and 2 this morning.

Also mixed up 5mg of BPC157 and used 500mcg bolus last night and then 250mcg this morning in my ham closest to my taint.

The upside is that the superhero always gets his ass beat about half way through the movie, then wins so hard they sign him for two more.
Massive decrease in pain and swelling this morning and I haven’t taken any ibuprofen since 8pm yesterday. Took my leg through a variety of drills & gentle stretches like heel slides on the bed, etc. I could use it to walk up steps today I couldn’t yesterday!

To explain the deficit, I currently cannot press from a lunged/split squat position (or squat or anything that requires that activation at depth). But parts are all attached and still no blood so it’s just going to be rehab from here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About that shot, it sounds like it taint no fun!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The grape juice was some old 100% grape juice from concentrate taking up space in the back of the fridge - so 100% fructose. Combining fructose with glucose has been found to actually increase rate of uptake & metabolism of both. I was looking for about 25g here from juice, because while normally consuming fruit with fiber & micronutrients is the ideal, that is not ideal in a rapid rehydration scenario (post fast or weighin).

Gatorade is indeed loaded with sugar (first ingredient) which is about 55% glucose & 45% fructose. Gatorade Endurance swaps dextrose for maltodextrin, which could be thought of a bit like dextrose with an ester attached to delay release, but the ratios are still off - but it does boast useful levels of sodium and potassium, so combining it with Karbolyn (powdered corn/rice/potato for glucose) works very well here.

The core things to consider for rapid hydration is having significant glucose (like cheap pure dextrose powder) with some fructose (cup of 100% juice or 25g fructose powder) and lots of sodium. No fiber or anything that needs digested; it needs to be liquid.

You could do a lot worse for an intra than just using bulk dextrose mixed with some Kool Aid or Country Time pink lemonade powder and a 1/4 tsp of iodized table salt, honestly. The regular country time has yellow #5 in it, so avoid that.

View attachment 228129
I remember back in the day Bill Phillips advocated putting creatine powder in grape juice post workout. That’s how he got the idea for the EAS Phosphagen HP

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I remember back in the day Bill Phillips advocated putting creatine powder in grape juice post workout. That’s how he got the idea for the EAS Phosphagen HP
Right, back then i thought I was going to get huge off of creatine with grape juice. The initial loading phase made you think the stuff was magic.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I think I peed out more during those loading phases than I took the years following.
Oh no doubt. Its not telling how much was wasted over the years. Just think of the profits supplement companies made off the loading phase recommendations.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right, back then i thought I was going to get huge off of creatine with grape juice. The initial loading phase made you think the stuff was magic.
Oh the ol’ loading phase
Celltech. 5g of creatine + 120g of sugar. guarantied to help you put on some sorta mass.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

1/23/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

KB Suitcase Carries
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Single Leg Deadlifts
Bodyweight Squats

Squat, squatbar
55 2x5
145x3
235x3,1
325x2
+comp sleeves
375x2
+belt
415,445,465x2

Hopefully it’s not a tear and is just pulled or strained. Maybe get you some BPC 157 and TB 500 to go with the HGH.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hopefully it’s not a tear and is just pulled or strained. Maybe get you some BPC 157 and TB 500 to go with the HGH.
Posted By Hyde

Also mixed up 5mg of BPC157 and used 500mcg bolus last night and then 250mcg this morning in my ham closest to my taint.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That’s the magic formula.👍

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Celltech. 5g of creatine + 120g of sugar. guarantied to help you put on some sorta mass.
My first supplement besides protein powder

Yessir! To be totally clear, a pull or strain is actually slang for a tear, medically expressed as grades 1, 2, or 3. I’m definitely not grade 3, and praying it’s just grade 1!

What Rocket posted below is actually a quote from my earlier post:

I swear there has already been a huge difference!