Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's mind blowing to me that you could legit burn off a full lb or two of actual fat in a day or two of fasting without an incredibly high risk of strength/muscle loss.

I've enjoyed the 16/8 IF most of the time, although I did find by Thursday the brain fog was a bit intense so I switched to 14/10 thurs/fri. Sat/ Sun I have no need for brain capacity so I'll switch back. But in the office I need some early morning brain power.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude your physique has changed so much through the years! It’s incredible to see it unfold.

I truly want to try a seven day fast, just need to get the balls to do it lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude your physique has changed so much through the years! It’s incredible to see it unfold.

7 days ??? You are braver than me !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
it's mind blowing to me that you could legit burn off a full lb or two of actual fat in a day or two of fasting without an incredibly high risk of strength/muscle loss.

I've enjoyed the 16/8 IF most of the time, although I did find by Thursday the brain fog was a bit intense so I switched to 14/10 thurs/fri. Sat/ Sun I have no need for brain capacity so I'll switch back. But in the office I need some early morning brain power.
My BMR is calculated at 2,080, with Sedentary (lowest) activity at about 2,500. Light activity ~2,860. So 2x sedentary is a good 1.5lbs easy.

GH levels elevate slowly over the fast and I believe autophagy starts to kick in after about 2 days, so all of the second night until you break the fast the third day your body is starting to clean up some old crud, while endogenous GH is extra high (which favors lipolysis and is anti-catabolic).

I would never tell someone it was easy, but I will always say it was worth it. Regarding both my lifting and a long fast - you will learn a lot about your own strength doing both

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m really thinking of doing a meet at 220 on March 19th and go for a Masters total at 220 Raw (1,510lbs). If I total even 1,400, it will also qualify me for Nationals in July at 242. I can already go as a 275.
That would be badass! 220 is a pretty damn competitive class as well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good looking meal !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/8/23
BW 229.8

30 min getting elbow scraped, then rehab

Band Warmup

Dynamic Bench, powerbar
45 3x5
+doubled micro minibands
45,95x3
135 3x3 close
155 2x3, 3x3 close, comp
205x3 comp

CGBP
+doubled micro minibands
111 2x15

Deep Flexion Stretching

Standing Strictpress
45 2x10, 1x5

Trained with a guy I met Wednesday at the barbell club; turns out he worked in strength & conditioning for U of I years back and did a bunch of work on my elbow totally free. Could not believe the amount of scar tissue he found and broke up in my forearm, bicep, and tricep - he undid adhesions from my surgery 4 years ago I didn’t realize I even had.

Definitely improved range of motion, but also just crazy how smoothly my arm bends now & much better my tricep fires. After some flexion work after Bench, I was able to actually truly rack the barbell for overhead press AND extend without pain.

Years of trouble fixed unexpectedly in minutes by someone I barely know, for free. Mind blown.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/8/23
BW 229.8

Band Warmup

Dynamic Bench, powerbar
45 3x5
+doubled micro minibands
45,95x3
135 3x3 close
155 2x3, 3x3 close, comp
205x3 comp

CGBP
+doubled micro minibands
111 2x15

Deep Flexion Stretching

Standing Strictpress
45 2x10, 1x5

Trained with a guy I met Wednesday at the barbell club; turns out he worked in strength & conditioning for U of I years back and did a bunch of work on my elbow totally free. Could not believe the amount of scar tissue he found and broke up in my forearm, bicep, and tricep - he undid adhesions from my surgery 4 years ago I didn’t realize I even had.

Definitely improved range of motion, but also just crazy how smoothly my arm bends now & much better my tricep fires. After some flexion work after Bench, I was able to actually truly rack the barbell for overhead press AND extend without pain.

Years of trouble fixed unexpectedly in minutes by someone I barely know, for free. Mind blown.
Hope you got his number. No homo.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1/8/23
BW 229.8

Band Warmup

Dynamic Bench, powerbar
45 3x5
+doubled micro minibands
45,95x3
135 3x3 close
155 2x3, 3x3 close, comp
205x3 comp

CGBP
+doubled micro minibands
111 2x15

Deep Flexion Stretching

Standing Strictpress
45 2x10, 1x5

Great to see someone who gives so much, get a little back!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1/8/23
BW 229.8

Band Warmup

Dynamic Bench, powerbar
45 3x5
+doubled micro minibands
45,95x3
135 3x3 close
155 2x3, 3x3 close, comp
205x3 comp

CGBP
+doubled micro minibands
111 2x15

Deep Flexion Stretching

Standing Strictpress
45 2x10, 1x5

Kind people still exist! That’s awesome man. Sounds like everything is firing on all cylinders!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you got his number. No homo.
Yeah that’s actually how we met up, met him last week on a Wednesday. He could incline 275 for a couple reps so I knew he was a real one . We’re going to train again Wednesday and see if we can link our training up since he normally follows a Westside split too.

His best meet lifts are 716 in wraps, 424, and 677 at 220, and he’s benched 475 & squat 750 in the gym. He told me his anabolic stack when he squat the 716 was 210 test & 140 NPP per week, split into daily shots, with some Proviron

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome stuff! I did a 24 Hr fast to break in my fasting last Friday. Woke up the next morning down at 215.4 from 219.6 the morning before.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah that’s actually how we met up, met him last week on a Wednesday. He could incline 275 for a couple reps so I knew he was a real one . We’re going to train again Wednesday and see if we can link our training up since he normally follows a Westside split too.

His best meet lifts are 716 in wraps, 424, and 677 at 220, and he’s benched 475 & squat 750 in the gym. He told me his anabolic stack when he squat the 716 was 210 test & 140 NPP per week, split into daily shots, with some Proviron
Sounds like you two can help to motivate one another !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome stuff! I did a 24 Hr fast to break in my fasting last Friday. Woke up the next morning down at 215.4 from 219.6 the morning before.
That’s awesome! Good job. It gets a little easier the more you do it, and if you can get even one day off food completely each week it really helps to continue leaning out.

Sounds like you two can help to motivate one another !!
I’m really hoping. He basically suggested it, and I have been wanting a training partner again since my son was born & I had to stop training with my wife.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/9/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

One-leg Deadlift
Bird Dogs
Side Plank

Squat, Duffalo bar
55 2x5
105x5
145,195,235,285,335x3
375 3x3, 1x7

Hacksquat (much harder one)
90,180,270x10

Lying Leg Curl
90x12
115x8
100 2x8

Elbow Flexion stretching

I expected a great leg day after plenty of carbs last night, but it just wasn’t there today. For how strong & explosive I felt on speed bench yesterday, I don’t think I could have did a 2ft box jump this morning. Moving like cold molasses even while sweaty, knees were dry & popping, everything just felt heavy. I planned to do 3x5 with 405 but scaled it to 5x3 at 375, and swapped frontsquats to sumo hacks for my achey knees (which still hurt, believe me!).

I think now that I’m leaner than last cruise, I’m not aromatizing as much and probably can’t tolerate as much masteron. 180/120 is just not working right now. 120/100/100 test/NPP/mast was too wet, so I need to find some kind of balance.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe just a little less NPP and see how it treats you, or like @Rocket3015 said 50mg of Deca Nandrolone a week?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Maybe just a little less NPP and see how it treats you, or like @Rocket3015 said 50mg of Deca Nandrolone a week?
Yeah I am going to give it a day but am thinking I will likely add the deca and trim the test/mast next week. It’s a revolving thing. I’m not really in a hurry to jump on a big blast so I just want my cruise to support good training recovery for now.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to figure it out!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the new belt loop! I am closing in on 5th belt hole in my regular belt. The 4rth is sliding down my butt a little this morning but the 5th is just a little more snug than I want it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That low deca idea sounds like a winner
I took 50mg DHEA last night (a long with my 1iu GH) and today my knees and joints feel much less dry, way better, so I’m certain it’s just an estrogen discrepancy. While I know nandrolone will greatly increase aromatization and fix that, I think I can get away without the extra joint padding based on this if I tweak test/mast.

I think next week I’m going to switch to 210/100. I’m hoping with that and some spot dosing of DHEA & Preg I’ll get things feeling good!

always a pleasant surprise. it's about the only way I measure my fatness anymore lol.
Definitely shows you the truth! I do get some variation depending on PEDs and the water retention they can cause as well on cycles, but between the mirror and the belt you really have all the answers you’ll ever need.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear on the joints feeling better. That is always a plus and that extra test should help in more ways than one. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear on the joints feeling better. That is always a plus and that extra test should help in more ways than one. :)
Yeah per mg it’s going to help a bit more than masteron. Looking to be cruising at 300-320mg for now (previously 250 tops pre surgery) since I’m essentially out of health recovery from last meet and don’t really need to increase my size or start a prep for anything serious right now.

I just want to train consistently and get stronger overall!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah per mg it’s going to help a bit more than masteron. Looking to be cruising at 300-320mg for now (previously 250 tops pre surgery) since I’m essentially out of health recovery from last meet and don’t really need to increase my size or start a prep for anything serious right now.

I just want to train consistently and get stronger overall!
I need to order some masteron myself for when I start to cruise but I am going to just lower test to about 120 until I get my bloodwork done to make sure it looks good for the Dr at my physical then will start my cruise after that and just check about 2 months into cruising with private lab bloodwork.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A fixed elbow and now jacked and tan. Very nice.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took 50mg DHEA last night (a long with my 1iu GH) and today my knees and joints feel much less dry, way better, so I’m certain it’s just an estrogen discrepancy. While I know nandrolone will greatly increase aromatization and fix that, I think I can get away without the extra joint padding based on this if I tweak test/mast.

I think next week I’m going to switch to 210/100. I’m hoping with that and some spot dosing of DHEA & Preg I’ll get things feeling good!

Definitely shows you the truth! I do get some variation depending on PEDs and the water retention they can cause as well on cycles, but between the mirror and the belt you really have all the answers you’ll ever need.
A little bit of dhea and preg seems to go a long ways

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/11/23

Reverse Hyper
180 2x20

Band Warmups

CG Floorpress
45 2x5
135,185,225x3
255,275,295,315x1 PR
330 MISS, needed help midway up

Mid Grip 2-Board Bench
vs 40 chain
135,225x10
245x7,8,6+1 assisted

Chin-ups

DB Rolling Ext
20x15
30 3x15

ss w/ Hammercurls (tempo)
20 4x10

DB Rear Delt Flyes
20 2x20

ss w/ Band Tri Pressdown
2x50

Military Press
45x10

Trained this morning with the 220 guy who scraped my arm; we agreed doing Max Effort together would probably be best way for us to start rebuilding (he just had his first child 6 months ago, so new dad life). I have never maxed Floorpress with a true closegrip (touching smooth) because I haven’t been able to use that grip in several years, so anything was a PR.

He also likes to stay at a very fast pace on the heavy work, which may not be the best for maximal numbers, but I think will overall translate to getting more accessory work done.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It sounds like the new training partner has made lifting a little more exciting for you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a fun session. I am contemplating cutting my rest times down as well but I think 2 minutes is pretty good for me right now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It sounds like the new training partner has made lifting a little more exciting for you!
I don’t like not having total control of my programming, but I also understand the more I can share or even hand over control to someone stronger the more likely I am to improve qualities my own training has neglected in various capacities.

Sounds like a fun session. I am contemplating cutting my rest times down as well but I think 2 minutes is pretty good for me right now.
Well Louie always says that in his conjugate method, the Max Effort work should only represent about 20% of the volume - 80% should be your primary builder and following accessories, so you don’t want to spend forever on it. When HerderDude went to train for a day at Westside, he told me he was amazed how quickly the guys worked up to their top single - 20-30 minutes. I try to think about that a lot. When I trained at Matt Wenning’s gym it was probably 30-40 but we had a bigger rotation of guys, at least 6.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t like not having total control of my programming, but I also understand the more I can share or even hand over control to someone stronger the more likely I am to improve qualities my own training has neglected in various capacities.

Well Louie always says that in his conjugate method, the Max Effort work should only represent about 20% of the volume - 80% should be your primary builder and following accessories, so you don’t want to spend forever on it. When HerderDude went to train for a day at Westside, he told me he was amazed how quickly the guys worked up to their top single - 20-30 minutes. I try to think about that a lot. When I trained at Matt Wenning’s gym it was probably 30-40 but we had a bigger rotation of guys, at least 6.
Seems like a fine line, the faster you get to a new heavy single the more energy you have, but perhaps more chance of being cold and provoking an injury.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Seems like a fine line, the faster you get to a new heavy single the more energy you have, but perhaps more chance of being cold and provoking an injury.
man it sure its a fine line. I'm guilty of too many warm up sets often, at which point I risk gassing myself before I go for the heavy singles.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
man it sure its a fine line. I'm guilty of too many warm up sets often, at which point I risk gassing myself before I go for the heavy singles.
Yeah you have to frame the context too. We’re just getting back into things so the lower our baseline, better chance to progress later. Better to just work hard for now. But when you are actually attempting to break relevant PRs or getting to the end of a prep, you should take the time you need to execute to your fullest ability.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/13/23
BW 232.2

6 min walk

Back Extension
25 2x20

Single Leg Deadlift
Side Plank

Conventional, 2” blocks powerbar
45,135,225,315,365x3
+belt
415,465x3
515x2
+straps
465x5

Snatchgrip 3” Blockpulls
335 3x8

BB Rows
245 2x12

BB GM, beltless
45x15
135 2x15, 1x20

One-Arm DB Row
50,80,105x6
+straps & belt
120x20

GHR
3x15

Suitcase Carry
53x1 short trip
65x1 long trip

And it barely took 2 hours & 45 minutes too… ☠

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/13/23
BW 232.2

6 min walk

Back Extension
25 2x20

Single Leg Deadlift
Side Plank

45,135,225,315,365x3
+belt
415,465x3
515x2
+straps
465x5

Snatchgrip 3” Blockpulls
335 3x8

BB Rows
245 2x12

BB GM, beltless
45x15
135 2x15, 1x20

One-Arm DB Row
50,80,105x6
+straps & belt
120x20

GHR
3x15

Suitcase Carry
53x1 short trip
65x1 long trip

And it barely took 2 hours & 45 minutes too… ☠
A lot of weight moved in that 2 hrs. & 45 min.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
An almost 3 hour workout might kill an old man like me. Nice Job !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I knew DOMS would be bad; I wasn’t wrong!

My son’s 2nd birthday was Thursday, so training was moved to Friday night & no extended fasting this week - but I did do a sub-2k calorie day with 220+ grams of protein over 8-9 hours yesterday. Woke at 231.0lbs today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How many grams of protein do you shoot for a day ?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1/13/23
BW 232.2

6 min walk

Back Extension
25 2x20

Single Leg Deadlift
Side Plank

45,135,225,315,365x3
+belt
415,465x3
515x2
+straps
465x5

Snatchgrip 3” Blockpulls
335 3x8

BB Rows
245 2x12

BB GM, beltless
45x15
135 2x15, 1x20

One-Arm DB Row
50,80,105x6
+straps & belt
120x20

GHR
3x15

Suitcase Carry
53x1 short trip
65x1 long trip

And it barely took 2 hours & 45 minutes too…
Snatch grip is coincidentally Trump's favorite variation as well.

Too political ?