DB Bench
40,50,60,70x20

Band Tri Ext
Monster Mini x50,25,25

alt DB Rotators
5 2x20

20” Boxsquat
BWx25

So pumped I was able to squat to 20”! 48 hours ago I couldn’t step up onto a curb with my left leg; this recovery is insane. When I felt it pop I absolutely collapsed, and I can almost do a one-leg deadlift with that leg now.

Building momentum on my max effort exercises - 2 weeks ago did 315 CG Floorpress, then 320 MG Swissbar last week, now 325 CG Benchpress. Got a good setup for dips figured out; happy to be doing 300 total lbs or so for sets of 8. I think they’re going to help!

Last edited:
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was an avocado and 1/2 serving each of ghee & coconut oil in a coffee for an evening meal so I could take my Indomethacin - 400 calorie fasting-mimicking day. Woke at a new low of 231.2. Got the Christmas 3-day splurge knocked off and then some.

View attachment 226983

Ending the year back under 105kg, dropped all the 15kg of last prep season & lower body is stronger and more muscular than this time last year. Achieved lifetime Bench & Total PRs and was able to get back over 600 on raw squat & deadlift this year.

View attachment 226984

^160 test e, 140 mast e/wk. Pulled 535x3 conventional on a regular bar & squat 500 on a buffalo bar since surgery 3 weeks ago, and benched 315+40 bands on a buffalo right before it - I think comp numbers to end the year would be a conservative 530/340/590. Could probably make a 1,500 total at 220 raw in about 4 weeks if I wanted.
Solid gains there mate!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/25/23

Reverse Hyper
Empty,45x20
90 2x20

Band Pullaparts, Flys, Extensions, Dislocations

Lat Pulldown
70,110x10
150x8

CG Bench
45x7,5
95x5
135,185,225x3
255,285,305,315,325x1

Dips
BW,25,45x12
70 3x8

DB Bench
40,50,60,70x20

Band Tri Ext
Monster Mini x50,25,25

alt DB Rotators
5 2x20

20” Boxsquat
BWx25

So pumped I was able to squat to 20”! 48 hours ago I couldn’t step up onto a curb with my left leg; this recovery is insane. When I felt it pop I absolutely collapsed, and I can almost do a one-leg deadlift with that leg now.

Building momentum on my max effort exercises - 2 weeks ago did 315 CG Floorpress, then 320 MG Swissbar last week, now 325 CG Benchpress. Got a good setup for dips figured out; happy to be doing 300 total lbs or so for sets of 8. I think they’re going to help!
Nice, you pushed right through that…looks like that hamstring is gonna be alright.👍

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/27/23
BW 233.6

Reverse Hyper, alt between every set
90,115,140,175,210,245,278,303x20

Inverse Rows
3x12

9” Blockpulls, stiffbar
95,145x10

5” Blockpulls, stiffbar
145,195,245,295x10

Did this in the garage on lunch break today. Had a long day with work on the road yesterday; by the time I got home I was cold, hungry and spent. I could have taken a bunch of caffeine and pushed through, but that didn’t make much sense. Very happy I got the extra rest, food, sleep.

300lbs is a personal best at 20 reps on the reverse hyper, so it’s safe to say I can push those safely as hard as I please! Some very minor pain pulling from 5” blocks, but nothing that would dissuade me.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice reverse hypers! Miss those built ones. Mines only rated for 4 plates

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice reverse hypers! Miss those built ones. Mines only rated for 4 plates
Thanks! I had recently taken a break from them, and really pushed my RDLs up for a couple months (315x10 -> 425x8). When I returned to them, I found I could handle like 90 more lbs.

If you don’t swing it any and try to do them as tempo work, you can probably get a lot out of the scout still.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/28/23
BW 233.0

TRX Rear Delt Flyes, Facepulls, Overhead Tri Extensions

Miniband Flyes, Presses, Pec Stretch, Tri Pressdown

Dynamic Bench
45 2x5
95,145 2x3
195 9x3, various grips, very short rests

Incline Bench
45,95,135,165,185,195,205,215,225x5

Strictpress
45x10
85,115,135,155x8

V-Grip Chin-ups
5x10 lightweight babyyyyy

Man, today I was on. 10 more lbs on speed bench and Strictpress no problem, up to 5x10 on chins over 105kg, and FIFTY (50) pounds on my incline press over last week - I only stopped there because I had already done so much more than last week & haven’t been able to touch the bar to my chest on incline in 2 years. I am just relearning ROM, so I saved more for next week.

Wife’s birthday today, so her coach came down and we all trained together before going to lunch. Lots of fun, and wife is really dialing in powerfully for the Arnold. She was killing everything today too.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That looked like an awesome workout…Interested to see how you do at your next meet in the 220 lbs class. By the looks of your recent workouts I think your going to kill it.
Happy Birthday to your wife, Mrs. Hyde.
Isn’t the Arnold coming up in March?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That looked like an awesome workout…Interested to see how you do at your next meet in the 220 lbs class. By the looks of your recent workouts I think your going to kill it.
Happy Birthday to your wife, Mrs. Hyde.
Isn’t the Arnold coming up in March?
Yep, the day of the Finals is 5 weeks out today, and she intends to be in that group!

Her weight is sitting around 164 and she’s really nailing a lot of technical stuff. Her strength has also been progressing very well, exactly when it matters to get to where we want to be!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, the day of the Finals is 5 weeks out today, and she intends to be in that group!

Her weight is sitting around 164 and she’s really nailing a lot of technical stuff. Her strength has also been progressing very well, exactly when it matters to get to where we want to be!
What day is the comp? There's a slim chance I may make it out to the Arnold this year...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What day is the comp? There's a slim chance I may make it out to the Arnold this year...
Friday, March 3rd is the Arnold Amateur World Championship on the expo floor, and Sunday the 5th will be the Finals (usually on stage).

If you do come out, make sure to let me know so we can meet! It’s usually pretty easy to find the strongman area because it takes up such a big space.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great session! Happy Birthday to your Queen!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
1/30/23
BW 234.0

Reverse Hyper
140,175,210x20

BW Squat

16.5” Boxsquat, Yukon bar
60x10
+light bands
60,110x10

14” Boxsquat, Yukon bar
+light bands
110x5
150x5
+35 chain
150 3x5

Reverse Lunge
BW 3x10

Reverse Hyper
278x20
328 2x20 PR

Band Stomp
Average x50

Lying Leg Raise w/ Curl-up
1x30

After seeing no blood/bruising the day after my tear last week, I had a goal to bodyweight freesquat to full depth this week & be able to train with a plate/side 2 weeks post. Today, one week post, I accomplished both! Also moved into new territory on the reverse hyper, and most importantly I could handle lunges without pain (which I think will be key for this rehab).

IMG_7643.JPG

Attachments

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1/30/23
BW 234.0

Reverse Hyper
140,175,210x20

BW Squat

16.5” Boxsquat, Yukon bar
60x10
+light bands
60,110x10

14” Boxsquat, Yukon bar
+light bands
110x5
150x5
+35 chain
150 3x5

Reverse Lunge
BW 3x10

Reverse Hyper
278x20
328 2x20 PR

Band Stomp
Average x50

Lying Leg Raise w/ Curl-up
1x30

After seeing no blood/bruising the day after my tear last week, I had a goal to bodyweight freesquat to full depth this week & be able to train with a plate/side 2 weeks post. Today, one week post, I accomplished both! Also moved into new territory on the reverse hyper, and most importantly I could handle lunges without pain (which I think will be key for this rehab).

View attachment 228385
Awesome, always a good sign when you’re ahead of schedule.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have Faith !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hammy tear wasn’t it?
I think so, that or possibly adductor, but it never bled. Pain was more in the top of the hamstring, but swelling was more visible on adductor.

All I know is I felt it pop, then I collapsed under load and immediately was getting pain.

Have Faith !!
Could be worse! All I know is the only squat & pull that really matters is at the contest, so if I can then I will, and if not I will just bench!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today is day 10 of taking 50mg S4 daily (began Sunday the 22nd). Between that, bumping to 2iu HGH 9 days ago, and not fasting for wife’s birthday weekend, my weight has crept up a couple pounds. I am waking at 232-233, so I need to get my morning weight down to 229 consistently to keep my watercut down to about 5% bodyweight.

Current weekly PED protocol:
-180mg test e
-80mg mast e
-50mg S4/day
-2iu HGH 5-6 days/wk

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can do it!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Hyde when you box squat, how long do you sit in the hole or on the box whatever you call it. Do you make full contact and explode up, come to a complete stop pause and then up, touch and go. A combination?

I usually do a slight pause and then just go up like I would a normal rep without a box

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde when you box squat, how long do you sit in the hole or on the box whatever you call it. Do you make full contact and explode up, come to a complete stop pause and then up, touch and go. A combination?

I usually do a slight pause and then just go up like I would a normal rep without a box
I don’t try to pause for any period of time, but I do try to sit back further than a regular squat, make full contact, and MOMENTARILY relax the hips - then try to explode up off the box. The core & upper body always remain tight and feet should remain rooted. So it takes longer than a free squat, and there is a slight pause while the hips relax/contract.

The reason for that intentional relax/contract is to remove some of the kinetic energy stored on the eccentric, which creates a situation where the static load must be overcome dynamically - which trains explosive power.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don’t try to pause for any period of time, but I do try to sit back further than a regular squat, make full contact, and MOMENTARILY relax the hips - then try to explode up off the box. The core & upper body always remain tight and feet should remain rooted. So it takes longer than a free squat, and there is a slight pause while the hips relax/contract.

The reason for that intentional relax/contract is to remove some of the kinetic energy stored on the eccentric, which creates a situation where the static load must be overcome dynamically - which trains explosive power.
Thank you sir. Today I'm doing legs and after my warm ups I wanted to do a couple fairly heavy box squats before my 20 rep working set👍

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Really seems like another movement that would drive positive development of neural pathways like the clean/jerk, snatch etc. It sounds simple as you describe it but there's actually a pretty fascinating chain of events that have to happen and the muscles that stay focused, tight vs those that relax/contract all at the same time... it's like rub your belly and pat your head stuff.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really seems like another movement that would drive positive development of neural pathways like the clean/jerk, snatch etc. It sounds simple as you describe it but there's actually a pretty fascinating chain of events that have to happen and the muscles that stay focused, tight vs those that relax/contract all at the same time... it's like rub your belly and pat your head stuff.
Yeah a Boxsquat is very different than squatting to a box, where you perform your normal squat pattern and essentially use the box as a depth standard.

The boxsquat is a tremendous movement for general strength and probably has as good or better transfer to explosive athletics, and it’s a good posterior chain builder. But if it’s all you do, you won’t have the positional awareness to work up heavy in a free squat, so that is a skill that still must be trained if you care about it specifically.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well, the good news is I FEEL fine after my lower body session Monday boxsquatting a plate.

The uglier news is…this tear is probably as bad as I initially suspected:

IMG_9260.JPG

Must have triggered some internal bleeding that slowly pooled down into my leg over the following 24 hours. Guess I won’t do any Blockpulls Thursday night and just give it more rest until next Monday.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that sucks….hopefully a little more rest will do the trick.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2/1/23

Reverse Hyper
180,225x20

Band Pullaparts, Rows, Extensions, Dislocations

Floorpress
45x10
135x6
225x3
255,285,305,320,330x1

Dips
BW,45,80x10
80x8,4

DB Bench
55,65,75x20
80x17

DB Rolling Tri Ext
30,40,50 - didn’t count reps, near failure

DB Rotators
5x20
10x15

Band Overhead Tri Ext
Monster Mini x50,25,25

Great session! Waved back to Floorpress and moved my grip out from touching smooth 4 weeks ago to 2 finger widths inside the power rings, and smashed 330 this time (continuing the 5lbs a week buildup by rotating lifts). Dips and DB volume work also saw good progress.

Also, fasting glucose was 92 yesterday morning using 500mg Berberine before bed, so I’m not having any glucose control issues so far on 2iu HGH.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The blood looks bad but congratulations on the adductors touching down to your kneecaps! :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The blood looks bad but congratulations on the adductors touching down to your kneecaps! :)
Ha! I thought my legs looked pretty small in this shot, but my wife was trying to get a decent pic of the bruising - I realized it wasn’t the time to ask for a better angle. Almost as if she read my mind, she said to me, “I have some bad news, babe - you don’t have any thigh gap at all”

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well it is obvious that you aren't standing with your feet close together so the adductors touching halfway down your thigh is definitely impressive to those who know what they are looking at. You are definitely in the No Thigh Gap Club.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today is day 10 of taking 50mg S4 daily (began Sunday the 22nd). Between that, bumping to 2iu HGH 9 days ago, and not fasting for wife’s birthday weekend, my weight has crept up a couple pounds. I am waking at 232-233, so I need to get my morning weight down to 229 consistently to keep my watercut down to about 5% bodyweight.

Current weekly PED protocol:
-180mg test e
-80mg mast e
-50mg S4/day
-2iu HGH 5-6 days/wk
Nice, interested in how you like that S4. If not for the eyesight issues, I probably would've pulled the trigger on that one. I see a lot of good feedback on it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, interested in how you like that S4. If not for the eyesight issues, I probably would've pulled the trigger on that one. I see a lot of good feedback on it.
The eyesight issues will definitely happen, matter of time. Things get yellow/sepia-toned and you will be blind in the dark or when first turning lights on. I have used a bottle once stacked into the end of a meet prep. It will make you stronger without adding much size, and crush SHBG so you end up with more free test in your system.

It’s probably most ideal for someone on true TRT of 150mg or less - then you don’t need to worry about suppression, the extra testosterone you’ll experience won’t be overwhelming (and create excessive estrogen conversion), and it is more anabolic than testosterone and also binds harder to the AR than many things. So it’s not great to use with a lot of other hormones, or bigger doses of test really.

I got this bottle for free, so I’m just trying to use it up to help retain mass a bit better while eating less.