• First Up Vote
Extra workout just now to make up what I missed yesterday morning:

Reverse Hyper
125 2x15

GHR
2x12

Reverse Hyper
160 2x12

I can tell I’m getting stronger on the reverse hyper. Also, my underwear are fitting tighter around the hamstring/thigh, but gym shorts are slightly looser at the waistband.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strong AF and svelte FTW!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/18/22

6 min walk
Band Warmup
Explosive Push-ups

Floorpress
45x10
135,185x3
225x2
275,305,330x1
335x1 PR

CG 2-Boardpress
275,295,305x5 PR

Band Pressdown
Light x100 straight

One-Arm Low Row on Reverse Hyper
160 4x12

DB Laterals
25 2x20

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x20

DB Hammercurls
35 2x20

Pinned 50mg Test No Ester about 75 min preWO today for the first time ever - didn’t feel any stronger or more aggressive, but found I was noticeably more driven to continue on with accessories and rest minimally. More driven to keep working.

Failed 330 about 6 weeks ago, and today I immediately pressed it back over my face for some reason, making it really hard. On 335, I focused on driving towards my feet & it was smooth sailing!

IMG_6510.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not familiar with Test No Ester can you educate me a bit ?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/18/22

6 min walk
Band Warmup
Explosive Push-ups

Floorpress
45x10
135,185x3
225x2
275,305,330x1
335x1 PR

CG 2-Boardpress
275,295,305x5 PR

Band Pressdown
Light x100 straight

One-Arm Low Row on Reverse Hyper
160 4x12

DB Laterals
25 2x20

Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x20

DB Hammercurls
35 2x20

Pinned 50mg Test No Ester about 75 min preWO today for the first time ever - didn’t feel any stronger or more aggressive, but found I was noticeably more driven to continue on with accessories and rest minimally. More driven to keep working.

Failed 330 about 6 weeks ago, and today I immediately pressed it back over my face for some reason, making it really hard. On 335, I focused on driving towards my feet & it was smooth sailing!

View attachment 216562
Steady PRs, always a good sign. I’ve tried the Test no ester ( TNE ) before, and you described it perfectly. I would take 50 mg pre work out, and the first day I didn’t really notice much either, until it was time to leave and I didn’t want to. I didn’t feel nowhere near fatigued as I usually did. It seems to really help with recovery quicker and holds off muscle fatigue. My opinion is those that describe feeling it kick in, like a stim pre workout, are just experiencing a placebo effect, but it definitely helps you go longer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not familiar with Test No Ester can you educate me a bit ?
Base testosterone with no ester to delay it’s release, suspended in sterile oil for injection. Half-life is supposed to be around 3-4 hours depending on the oil it’s brewed in. Generally used as a preWO drug, since it would need to be pinned every 8 hours to be used as a base.

Steady PRs, always a good sign. I’ve tried the Test no ester ( TNE ) before, and you described it perfectly. I would take 50 mg pre work out, and the first day I didn’t really notice much either, until it was time to leave and I didn’t want to. I didn’t feel nowhere near fatigued as I usually did. It seems to really help with recovery quicker and holds off muscle fatigue. My opinion is those that describe feeling it kick in, like a stim pre workout, are just experiencing a placebo effect, but it definitely helps you go longer.
From what I read, you really only get that rush with water-based/suspension. The oil carrier causes a slower release.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Base testosterone with no ester to delay it’s release, suspended in sterile oil for injection. Half-life is supposed to be around 3-4 hours depending on the oil it’s brewed in. Generally used as a preWO drug, since it would need to be pinned every 8 hours to be used as a base.
Thank you!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3 years ago yesterday I married my wife on the beach. I love her probably even more now than then! Yesterday was a great anniversary together, talking about the kids, where we would like to be in 5 years & what that may take, & just having some fun together.

A friend also came by after cleaning out their storage and gave us a pair of 45s, 25s, 5s, chips, & a cheap weightlifting bar - not a bad present at all!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 years ago yesterday I married my wife on the beach. I love her probably even more now than then! Yesterday was a great anniversary together, talking about the kids, where we would like to be in 5 years & what that may take, & just having some fun together.

A friend also came by after cleaning out their storage and gave us a pair of 45s, 25s, 5s, chips, & a cheap weightlifting bar - not a bad present at all!
Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely lady brother. Sounds like you got the perfect gift too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Happy Anniversary! Great stuff going on in here, but you already know that!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Happy anniversary !!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy anniversary!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just getting caught up in here, but happy anniversary! Also, 315 front squats for reps, you're crazy man... goals!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone! Life is busy, but I’m hanging on and it’s going well!

Drove down to take my father for a procedure yesterday. He made it through safely, praise the Lord. Between so little sleep getting up so early and driving all day, had to push Thursday session to tonight - gotta be ready for that band tension!

Just getting caught up in here, but happy anniversary! Also, 315 front squats for reps, you're crazy man... goals!
My best is 415x1, but I haven’t been training it. My wife’s coach has done 500 on Frontsquat weighing maybe 220 tops, and he squats less than me. Don’t put limitations on what you may be capable of!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/20/22
BW 252.4

Sled Drag in Yard
45 x5 minutes

Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges
Jumps

Boxsquat, powerbar
45x5
135x3
vs Strong bands (+200 at top)
45x3
vs Strong & Monstermini bands (+260 top)
45,135,185,225x2
+belt
275 3x2
315x2 PR

Dynamic Deadlift, deadlift bar
135,225,315x1
365 6x1 w/ 20 sec rests, DOH

It takes a ridiculous amount of time and energy to prepare this band setup, and as hot as it was I had lost quite a bit of fluid by the time I was through all of this at 9pm. Being a day behind and having a big squat in ~60 hours, I decided to cut all the hypertrophy work to help bridge that recovery gap. Was only supposed to do 3 doubles, but something made me load up 315 after. Smoked the first rep, so I took it for a smooth double - really enjoyed that!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always putting in the work !

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What’s the temp there in the evening, and how long do these sessions tend to last?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Happy anniversary dude! Sounds like you’re in a great spot!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What’s the temp there in the evening, and how long do these sessions tend to last?
I don’t know what it was yesterday; it’s different every single day here, often significantly. I remember it was very pleasant outside of a training aspect, so probably high 70s/low 80s by the evening. But I could tell I was really sweating a lot; went through a half gallon and some pickle juice over more than 2 hours.

The upper days are 90-120 minutes often, the lower 90-150. If I do 90 min on lower, there’s no way I got enough accessories completed.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
What's up Hyde! In on this log and to learn some good stuff along the way.

Where about are you from if you don't mind? Training in my garage gym this time of the year sucks when summer is coming up. I'm in AZ btw for reference.

Happy belated anniversary. Me and my wife celebrated out 13th anniversary in April.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's up Hyde! In on this log and to learn some good stuff along the way.

Where about are you from if you don't mind? Training in my garage gym this time of the year sucks when summer is coming up. I'm in AZ btw for reference.

Happy belated anniversary. Me and my wife celebrated out 13th anniversary in April.
Welcome and congratulations man! We’re in IL. It’s fine here training in the early mornings during summer, but by 8am it will usually be HOT until about 8pm. Not so much from the temps like you will get that can burst a windshield, but just due to enough humidity coupled with mid 80s up to about 100. If it’s 90 here, you’re going to be sweating balls immediately when outside.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Welcome and congratulations man! We’re in IL. It’s fine here training in the early mornings during summer, but by 8am it will usually be HOT until about 8pm. Not so much from the temps like you will get that can burst a windshield, but just due to enough humidity coupled with mid 80s up to about 100. If it’s 90 here, you’re going to be sweating balls immediately when outside.
That humidity is killer. Luckily in AZ, while it is hot during the summertime, it's a dry heat that is more bearable. I'll definitely be training in the early morning time before work 2 days out the week and probably the same time roughly on the 2 days I train on the weekends.

Based on my gym clock it looks like my garage is averaging around 80 degrees around 9am.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That humidity is killer. Luckily in AZ, while it is hot during the summertime, it's a dry heat that is more bearable. I'll definitely be training in the early morning time before work 2 days out the week and probably the same time roughly on the 2 days I train on the weekends.

Based on my gym clock it looks like my garage is averaging around 80 degrees around 9am.
🤢

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Yeah I try to start by 6am latest. But 80 there with desert weather is nearly perfect to me; that’s like 70 here IMO. Hot enough to keep me sweating when training but not to affect my hydration yet.

Staying hydrated is the key to performance.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I try to start by 6am latest. But 80 there with desert weather is nearly perfect to me; that’s like 70 here IMO. Hot enough to keep me sweating when training but not to affect my hydration yet.

Staying hydrated is the key to performance.
Staying hydrated is definitely key.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/22/22
BW 253.6

Sled Drag in yard
45 x5 minutes

Band Warmup

Dynamic Bench, powerbar
+doubled micros
45x3,5,3
95,135x3
175 7x3 split over comp & wide grip
195,225x3 comp

EZBar Rolling Tri Ext on Floor
67x10
127 2x10, 1x8

alt w/ Reverse Hyper
160 2x15

Band Pressdown
Light x150 total

One-Arm Low Row on Reverse Hyper w/ Rolling Thunder grip attachment
160 2x20

Plate Raise to Overhead
45 2x15

Band Pullaparts, 60 sec rests
Monstermini x35,25,25

Great session. Really enjoyed using the rolling grip attachment for rows; it rocked my forearms hard. Pump got pretty intense on back half of workout with zero pump agents preWO (beyond Trest and some salt).

IMG_6528.JPG

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First pin of DHB today, and bumped up Test. Believe tomorrow will be last shot of Trest Ace.

Pinned
-50mg 1-Test Cyp
-300mg Test E
-200mg Mast E

Anavar @25mg daily begins tomorrow for 2 weeks, through the meet.
Oh yeah, DHB and Anavar should be a nice boost leading up to your meet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/23/22

6 min walk
Foam Roll, Mashing
Bird Dogs
Glute Bridges
Side Planks
BW Squats

GHR
BWx10

Reverse Band Squat, powerbar
45x5
+doubled microbands (~30-40 off of bottom)
135,225,335,425x1
+comp sleeves & belt
475,515,550,575x1

Felt like I was cutting these a tad high, but also like I was reversing like clockwork and the weights felt solid - I wasn’t cutting depth on fear or anything. Filmed the 575 and I was flat out tapping the barbell on the spotter arms! Turns out they were just set a few inches higher than I will go in comp. Because I had to choke the bands to the top of the yoke & not a rack, the bands unloaded a little weight but also were trying to pull me forward so I had to really fight to stay upright against them.

Literally **** my pants a little on the 575 effort, so I wrapped it up and hit the shower. Accessories whenever I can.

IMG_6531.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's Dedication !!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Killing it man….I don’t know what you’ll squat at the meet, but it won’t shock me at all if you get 650.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killing it man….I don’t know what you’ll squat at the meet, but it won’t shock me at all if you get 650.
I guarantee I will not be attempting 650 in 12 days! There is no equipment getting added in, so other than what I get from some rest & a bit more food and time on drugs it is what it is. I am thinking I will be able to do something like 560-600. But we’ll see what seems there that day!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guarantee I will not be attempting 650 in 12 days! There is no equipment getting added in, so other than what I get from some rest & a bit more food and time on drugs it is what it is. I am thinking I will be able to do something like 560-600. But we’ll see what seems there that day!
Yeah I wasn’t sure what your true max was, but looking at your numbers I knew at least 600+. But it is all about how you feel on that day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
600 No Problem !!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I never used bands in my training even though I have band pegs for my rack.

Do you think they have a good pay off or carry over for you?

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I never used bands in my training even though I have band pegs for my rack.

Do you think they have a good pay off or carry over for you?
In general, I have found strategically placed 3-week cycles of speed bench against bands to be tremendously helpful in setting new PRs. Often the heavy bench volume necessary to push to a new PR has a tendency to make me slower, which can create sticking points in the lift. Drop a dynamic bench wave in for your second pressing day as you taper through a peaking block, and you’ll regain that speed to blast right through a sticking point.

Reverse band work as you peak for a max can also be useful, allowing you to build confidence handling a weight while decreasing the band assistance as you move towards the meet/test. Like how you saw me get up to 575 yesterday morning, despite not actually lifting that weight (probably 560 top and 540 bottom).

Most of the time I’ve used them has been in peaking formats, so using them as a staple with boxsquats is a new thing for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Moved into new territory on Reverse Hypers and definitively closed the #3 Grip Genie with both hands today! Hamstrings were already cashed out by time I did GHR, probably from yesterday’s squat.

Reverse Hyper
160x15
210 4x10 PR

GHR

Gripper Work
Warmup x8,5
GG2 2x5
GG3 x3,2 PR
GG2 2x5

45 min of bending over and lifting my son in gymnastics class for ab work

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Moved into new territory on Reverse Hypers and definitively closed the #3 Grip Genie with both hands today! Hamstrings were already cashed out by time I did GHR, probably from yesterday’s squat.

Reverse Hyper
160x15
210 4x10 PR

GHR

Gripper Work
Warmup x8,5
GG2 2x5
GG3 x3,2 PR
GG2 2x5

That will do it!