Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never used bronkaid (keep forgetting about it). Would it be safe to grab some for my current situation? Seems like it may alleviate some of this gunk for training.
Yeah it’s the only way I ever come back into training from sinus infections.

Definitely start with half a tab to see how you respond. I absolutely notice a difference with half; that’s all I ever use anymore. Most people like my wife will prefer one full tab for performance enhancement when they use it.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah it’s the only way I ever come back into training from sinus infections.

Definitely start with half a tab to see how you respond. I absolutely notice a difference with half; that’s all I ever use anymore. Most people like my wife will prefer one full tab for performance enhancement when they use it.
Out of curiosity, what do you notice specifically? More in the breathing department, performance, or both?

On an unrelated note, no idea why I’ve never ventured into your log, but I’m snooping in here now 😁

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Out of curiosity, what do you notice specifically? More in the breathing department, performance, or both?

On an unrelated note, no idea why I’ve never ventured into your log, but I’m snooping in here now
Welcome - I’m doing a powerlifting meet Sunday!

Both. It will unclog a stuffy nose right away, and furthermore the stimulant is easily better and cleaner than any other stim I’ve ever used. Better than caffeine, DMAA, any of the other amphetamine analogs, anything. 25mg will bring some horsepower!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Both. It will unclog a stuffy nose right away, and furthermore the stimulant is easily better and cleaner than any other stim I’ve ever used. Better than caffeine, DMAA, any of the other amphetamine analogs, anything. 25mg will bring some horsepower!
Oh nice! Perfect timing then, and I’ll send strong thoughts your way for Sunday’s fun haha.

Sweet jeebus! Sounds like I’m hitting the pharmacy tomorrow. I tend to not do well with stims. I either get a rapid heartbeat and jittery, or they just make me sleepy. I’m broken.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh nice! Perfect timing then, and I’ll send strong thoughts your way for Sunday’s fun haha.

Sweet jeebus! Sounds like I’m hitting the pharmacy tomorrow. I tend to not do well with stims. I either get a rapid heartbeat and jittery, or they just make me sleepy. I’m broken.
Same!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you don’t pop an Addy before the gym, are you really even training?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

It does raise my heartbeat, so try a half. I bet 12.5mg will still be a great initial ride.

Thank you man! About to tuck into my last big meal for the evening. Weighed in at 261 this afternoon, eating and drinking all morning. Still sick, but feeling fine besides the nasal gunk. Hopefully it will be a fun day!

If you don’t pop an Addy before the gym, are you really even training?
Never used amphetamine, but a top pro I trained with once said he always takes Adderall before big lifts - his favorite preWO, along with Anadrol. He did PR that day, too!

Not a coincidence ephedrine is a primary ingredient for methamphetamine!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It does raise my heartbeat, so try a half. I bet 12.5mg will still be a great initial ride.

Thank you man! About to tuck into my last big meal for the evening. Weighed in at 261 this afternoon, eating and drinking all morning. Still sick, but feeling fine besides the nasal gunk. Hopefully it will be a fun day!

Never used amphetamine, but a top pro I trained with once said he always takes Adderall before big lifts - his favorite preWO, along with Anadrol. He did PR that day, too!

Not a coincidence ephedrine is a primary ingredient for methamphetamine!
I would stay away from the amphetamines it’s to easy to develop a habit

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go get that sh!t Hyde

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck today, can't wait to hear those numbers.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol you guys are the best! I’m sorry I always do this when I compete; I put my phone away and then I usually just mentally try to decompress that night.
Nothing wrong with that, brother. Gotta keep the head down and focused on the task at hand.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lol you guys are the best! I’m sorry I always do this when I compete; I put my phone away and then I usually just mentally try to decompress that night.
Do you homie, don't let us annoy you. When I'm doing important **** msgs irritate the **** out of me. Il watch from a distance 👀

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spoilers: Bad Meet, only made 4/9 attempts, 1,427 total - 11lb shy of Class 1, which is what you would need for a Nationals invite.

Successfully lifted 540/347/540 on SBD.

Breakdown:
I was really hoping this sickness wasn’t going to affect me, but it’s progressed to a full on sinus infection it seems. All the last week or so any time I touched a weight it has felt heavier than it should, the way it does when you’re sick. By Saturday, my balance had become affected some. I actually had to bring tissues with me I was blowing out so much yellow gunk so often. I noticed getting out of the car for weighins that I was dizzy, and unfortunately this carried some into Squat on Sunday morning. Warming up with 315, I lost balance & fell forward - I had to good morning the weight back up. I was legitimately worried about hitting my opener of 507, but it went up smoothly. I called 540 for a second, and it moved true but was a hard effort. I played conservative & only went up 10kg for my third. 562 felt good when I walked it out, but the bar halted about a foot out of the hole after the rebound and the spotters had to catch me.

Bench just felt heavier than it should have for how training has felt lately. I knew 347 was now going to be a heavy opener, and it was, so I called for 369 for my second instead of the 375 I had intended. 369 only got about halfway up, and it was simply too heavy on this day. I scratched my third attempt.

Deadlift was taking forever (there was 4 flights in this meet, 48 lifters who had showed up, and I was in the last flight for each lift being a heavyweight male), and I mistimed my preWO so we were all just standing around, sweating, chatting on stims lol. But when warmups finally came around, everything was finally feeling pretty good. The warmup weights weren’t feeling heavy, my sinus had opened up, I didn’t feel spacey. However, the skin all over my hands seemed to be shredding some, which was alarming - my grip was not holding up. 505 was the last warmup, and I knew by then I wasn’t going to hang onto what I had the strength to pull. 540 opener moved well, but grip already felt pushed, so I jumped to a conservative 562 for my second. Had someone give me a terrific back slap, charged out fired up, set up perfectly…except at the last second I realized I hadn’t set my hookgrip: I had set my grip DOH! So I fixed it, but this cost me the mental momentum I had & threw me off. My grip started to fail as I neared my knees, so I actually pushed into a stiff leg to try to keep it moving but when it came back to my legs over my knees I knew I just couldn’t hold it, so I set it down gently. I had torn all the callus off my left thumb, where it always goes. Scratched my third attempt since grip was gone.

Being sick, being weaker than expected definitely sucked. I also had a tremendous amount of anxiety before squats, probably because I had no idea where my actual strength was between training variables but especially the virus. I have never bombed out (if you miss every attempt in one lift, you’re out of the comp, and remember you can never go down in weight selection), and I certainly didn’t want that now. But I met a few really cool guys I got to lift with; the guy who won the 275s is 36 and had lots of good training advice for longevity, and this meet gave me a ton of great ideas for how I can tweak my programming going forward. The best deadlifter of the meet (he missed 682 conventional due to up & down motion of the bar, made 655) was a 220lber, and we warmed up together and competed side by side all day and had a great bromance.

I’m really glad I went. My back feels great, zero injuries or tweaks, and I feel very proud for going into the comp & getting under the bar despite my fears of how bad I felt or getting crushed. Last year this time I could barely pull 501 at a meet with stabbing pain in my back, and 540 was a smooth opener now for me with a healthy back. Squats cause me no back pain, so I am excited to keep pushing onward!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know it was a rough go, bro, but you still went in there and gave what you had left. That alone is admirable enough to be proud of. Plus, you’re still stronger than most of us hahaha

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry Bro it wasn’t your day…Virus’ sux, and never a good time to get sick, but especially when you have a competition coming up. Hey man props just for pushing through and still competing while feeling like crap. We’ve seen your workouts, so we know what’s in you. You’ll be ready to kill it in your next meet. Thank God no injuries. I firmly believe Powerlifting and Strongman are the hardest competitions to compete while sick, because not only are you pushing to the extreme physically, but just the mental pressure of trying to go all out is exhausting. I firmly believe most injuries at meets are where guys are not feeling 100% but still push numbers they normally lift and miss the signals from their body telling them not today.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some other thoughts:

Took 50mg Anadrol before squats, which was great as always, and no nosebleeds thankfully either. It’s cool if you make a third attempt and bleed all over, but not when you are missing

Tried 500mcg Mtren before bench, didn’t really notice anything at all. Took another 500mcg before deadlift and still nothing. I had a very positive attitude during those events, but I think that was just me having fun and not stressed about results anymore. So I will definitely try 1mg all at once next time I use it, as I know some guys use 2mg at once.

Bumped my DHB for this week on Saturday’s glute shot to 100mg. No PIP at all. Currently on 300 test e, 200 mast e, 100 1-test c. Dropping the 25mg pre-contest Var to 10mg daily just this deload week for continued connective tissue recovery, then it will be gone. I think I intend to raise my testosterone dose next, because I don’t have much libido and joints are feeling on the dry-side despite no AI use. Seems DHB is stronger than mast per mg with regards to competing with estrogen.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I sympathize with the feeling weak with sickness. That crap is no joke! All in all it sounds like you had a fun time and met some cool people. Always a win! Nice work man, as others have already stated, we know what you’re made of

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I echo what everyone has already said. Great job, way to dig deep and show resolve. Glad you made a new friend and will likely be a better competitor for it. I have no doubt you would have crushed if you had been able to recover. This will just make the next time when you are healthy that much more surprising and satisfying.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You Fan Club with be with you which ever you choose !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ate less than 2,000 calories & probably 75g protein yesterday. Just kinda rested from everything as much as possible, drank some bone broth, ate some pop tarts. I don’t have much taste still since the sinus gunk got bad last week. Can’t believe how much tighter my stomach is not forcing all the food constantly.

Pinned an extra 150mg test e today. Bringing me to 450/200/100 of test/mast/dhb per wk.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats on the meet even though it was a rough one. At least you had a really good prep leading up and if not sick would have hit all your goals I bet!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the meet even though it was a rough one. At least you had a really good prep leading up and if not sick would have hit all your goals I bet!!
Thanks Pack. Honestly I just kind of jumped in last minute to see where things are, so I’m not too upset.

Slept in today instead of waking up early to train what would normally be ME upper. Feeling like things are slightly improving with the sinus infection: hacked up much less today. Planning to hit a brief garage hypertrophy session for upper body on lunch to get back into some training.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Pack. Honestly I just kind of jumped in last minute to see where things are, so I’m not too upset.

Slept in today instead of waking up early to train what would normally be ME upper. Feeling like things are slightly improving with the sinus infection: hacked up much less today. Planning to hit a brief garage hypertrophy session for upper body on lunch to get back into some training.
Do you run Conjugate?

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I have been for the last couple months. Still working on figuring out what seems useful to me & what is less so.
Right on. It's an interesting system for sure. Sh!t with the specialty bars I'm getting I might as well run it lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/8/22
BW 252.8

5 min walk

TRX Rows alt w/ Push-ups
4x10 each

DB Bench
60,80,100x15

CSR
45,70,80x15

Dips
2x15

Assisted Pull-ups
-80x10

Rope Cable Facepulls alt w/ Tricep Pressdowns
44 3x20 each

Lat Pulldown
143 2x15

Weighed in at 261 the afternoon before the meet, but since that day I’ve eaten very little due to no appetite and very diminished ability to taste from the virus. Also dropped the temporary MK bloat of a few lbs.

Anyway, between feeling sick and not being able to get much food down there’s not a lot in the tank. Just went in for an hour & tried to keep moving to get some muscle work/GPP in.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man, sometimes you just got heal up and rest. It’s good you still getting something in to stay loose.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take a little time off to recover !!