Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
YAAAAASSSSS! Nice benching! You gonna keep heavy sets at the end on DE days? Could be taxing long term, I’ve dabbled before. Stoked for this blast homie, sounds like you are gonna explode.
Also, you able to pin your own lat or does the lady stab you?
Definitely not weekly! Gotta be about the big picture, & I’ll be working heavy widegrip 6s instead of ME next week to take advantage of the Trest anabolism. Lou gives a ballpark ideal number of extra heavy reps a month, but the gist is it’s autoregulated. I was moving fast and widegrip Swiss was feeling exceptionally strong, so I threw 50lbs on and it barely changed speed! So I threw another 50 on, and that dropped way off so cut it at 2 reps.

Yeah it’s honestly really easy to hit Lats myself - I rest my hand on a counter top or shelf to relax the lat fully and just reach under with the other hand, very natural. They will hold a ton of oil.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/2/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges

Manta Ray 12” Boxsquat
45 2x5
135x3
225,315,365x1
+belt
405,435,455x1 PR
315 2x5 beltless

GHR
BW x12
+25 x10,8,8

Back Extension
BW x25
+50 on shoulders x10,12

Hanging Leg Raise
3x15

Bought a Manta Ray from EliteFTS to act a bit like an SSB that I can take in my gym bag anywhere. Really enjoyed squatting to a deep box with it - building lots of legs AND low back power! Felt like a very raw test of strength, especially without the rebound you’d normally get from a high bar ATG squat.

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely not weekly! Gotta be about the big picture, & I’ll be working heavy widegrip 6s instead of ME next week to take advantage of the Trest anabolism. Lou gives a ballpark ideal number of extra heavy reps a month, but the gist is it’s autoregulated. I was moving fast and widegrip Swiss was feeling exceptionally strong, so I threw 50lbs on and it barely changed speed! So I threw another 50 on, and that dropped way off so cut it at 2 reps.

Yeah it’s honestly really easy to hit Lats myself - I rest my hand on a counter top or shelf to relax the lat fully and just reach under with the other hand, very natural. They will hold a ton of oil.
Going to have to try that at some point. You going 1” needle?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Going to have to try that at some point. You going 1” needle?
26g 5/8th” luer lock that I picked up for cycles like this one - daily pins where I may want to mix a couple compounds in one shot. Something I can stick everywhere (but glutes) without as much scar tissue.

Honestly they work fine, but I would like to get some 1” 25g so I can feel better about pushing a larger volume in there (1.1ml was zero problem yesterday, fast). As well as have something for glutes when my 1.5” run out.

I have big glutes and lots of fat, and the 1.5” just seem a little excessive still honestly.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
26g 5/8th” luer lock that I picked up for cycles like this one - daily pins where I may want to mix a couple compounds in one shot. Something I can stick everywhere (but glutes) without as much scar tissue.

Honestly they work fine, but I would like to get some 1” 25g so I can feel better about pushing a larger volume in there (1.1ml was zero problem yesterday, fast). As well as have something for glutes when my 1.5” run out.

I have big glutes and lots of fat, and the 1.5” just seem a little excessive still honestly.
Nice. I’ll maybe try that next blast when I’m moving volume. 1.5” is probably needed for super heavyweights lol. So you have a few months before you’ll be needing those

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's not just about the weight but what that weight will be composed of. At 5'10 if I remember correctly you are already quite a thick man! At 255 unless a total fat ass you are going to be one impressive bear! I don't see you becoming a total FA, so it will have to be the latter.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wife’s grandfather died overnight. For the cherry on top, so did our deep freezer. So today is busy and I’m expecting that to be the theme this week while we figure out arrangements & wife spends some time supporting her mother.

On a positive, all of the beef was still fully frozen & I was able to store it. Less positive, I’m now eating lbs of tilapia I had to bake, & found out I will be on the road (local) for work tomorrow.

Bloodwork draw was this morning; took first 10mg shot of Trest Ace when I got home.

Also got to try the new Spud magic carpet sled last night - put a 45lb plate on it and drug for 5-8 minutes probably while outside with my son, which helped alleviate the DOMS for a while. My legs were already super sore just 8 hours post training, and today they’re worthless! Also did a bunch of Pullaparts while we played.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I knew you in person / IRL, I'd want to make some sort of joke about the death and the unfortunate simultaneous loss of the deep freezer. Since we don't know each other that well, instead please accept my sincere condolences.... I've been thinking a lot these past few months how important grandpas are for some reason... they just carry a torch nobody else can.

It's not just about the weight but what that weight will be composed of. At 5'10 if I remember correctly you are already quite a thick man! At 255 unless a total fat ass you are going to be one impressive bear! I don't see you becoming a total FA, so it will have to be the latter.
Upside #237 to building a big chest: shorter range of motion on bench?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I knew you in person / IRL, I'd want to make some sort of joke about the death and the unfortunate simultaneous loss of the deep freezer. Since we don't know each other that well, instead please accept my sincere condolences.... I've been thinking a lot these past few months how important grandpas are for some reason... they just carry a torch nobody else can.

Upside #237 to building a big chest: shorter range of motion on bench?
Haha believe me, the uncanniness of that coincidence was not lost on me!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wife’s grandfather died overnight. For the cherry on top, so did our deep freezer. So today is busy and I’m expecting that to be the theme this week while we figure out arrangements & wife spends some time supporting her mother.

On a positive, all of the beef was still fully frozen & I was able to store it. Less positive, I’m now eating lbs of tilapia I had to bake, & found out I will be on the road (local) for work tomorrow.

Bloodwork draw was this morning; took first 10mg shot of Trest Ace when I got home.

Also got to try the new Spud magic carpet sled last night - put a 45lb plate on it and drug for 5-8 minutes probably while outside with my son, which helped alleviate the DOMS for a while. My legs were already super sore just 8 hours post training, and today they’re worthless! Also did a bunch of Pullaparts while we played.
Sorry to hear brother. Condolences. Take this time to be with and appreciate your family. Life is fragile and the future holds no promises. Stay strong

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear brother. Condolences. Take this time to be with and appreciate your family. Life is fragile and the future holds no promises. Stay strong
Thanks man. I am not sad for his passing; he had dementia & was 87, and I never met him before his memory had slipped. I’m only sad for my wife, and especially my mother-in-law, for their grief.

We can only be alive & in a state of health because death & sickness also exist, for all of us at some point. Dying is part of living!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man. I am not sad for his passing; he had dementia & was 87, and I never met him before his memory had slipped. I’m only sad for my wife, and especially my mother-in-law, for their grief.

We can only be alive & in a state of health because death & sickness also exist, for all of us at some point. Dying is part of living!
That's almost a direct quote from the Dalai Llama who also said something along the lines of "our birthday should be called our death day since we started dying that day". He talks about how we can't be happy and grateful until we've understood suffering and loss. good stuff, really.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's almost a direct quote from the Dalai Llama who also said something along the lines of "our birthday should be called our death day since we started dying that day". He talks about how we can't be happy and grateful until we've understood suffering and loss. good stuff, really.
Indeed. I took some non-Western philosophy courses in college and some of the texts were fairly profound. Since, I’ve always had a healthy respect for Eastern thinking - many things I’ve found useful, both in training as well as living a better life.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_6400.JPG

^1 hormone, 6 potential drugs to mitigate sides. Not shown are probably 15 other supplements like IP6 & TUDCA or drugs like Famotidine & NAC.

For anyone lurking out there who may only see the benefits of AAS use as glamorous, understand there’s a lot more going on behind the curtain. No free lunches.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sorry for your wife’s loss and her Mother. I pray they’re are comforted in knowing he is at peace.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 215933

^1 hormone, 6 potential drugs to mitigate sides. Not shown are probably 15 other supplements like IP6 & TUDCA or drugs like Famotidine & NAC.

For anyone lurking out there who may only see the benefits of AAS use as glamorous, understand there’s a lot more going on behind the curtain. No free lunches.
So true….many don’t understand to use AAS properly you have to understand the whole picture. And many don’t understand how different compounds affect so many people differently. Understanding and being properly prepared for a cycle before starting is so important, but it’s amazing how many just jump on that train with no clue what they are doing or where it’s heading.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/4/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Cable Facepulls & Tri Pressdown, Hammercurls

Widegrip Bench
45x15
95,135,185,205,225,245,265,285x6

Low Incline DB Press
60,70x25
80x17
90x13

Cable Bar Pressdown
55x25
66x20
77x15
22x100

Chest-Supported Row
45,70,95x12
120x8
135x6

Reverse Pec Deck
80,130x6
170x14 PR
180 2x10 PR

Push-ups

15mg Trest Ace an hour prior, and 250mg of L-Carnitine before heading to the gym: felt like I could have just kept going & going if I didn’t have to get on with work. Expecting to rep the whole stack (220) on the rear delt fly machine by the end of this blast. Already feeling a bit stronger, & more pumped.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/4/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Widegrip Bench
45x15

Low Incline DB Press
60,70x25
80x17
90x13

Cable Bar Pressdown
55x25
66x20
77x15
22x100

Chest-Supported Row
45,70,95x12
120x8
135x6

Reverse Pec Deck
80,130x6
170x14 PR
180 2x10 PR

Push-ups

15mg Trest Ace an hour prior, and 250mg of L-Carnitine before heading to the gym: felt like I could have just kept going & going if I didn’t have to get on with work. Expecting to rep the whole stack (220) on the rear delt fly machine by the end of this blast. Already feeling a bit stronger, & more pumped.
Trest is best.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/4/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Widegrip Bench
45x15

Low Incline DB Press
60,70x25
80x17
90x13

Cable Bar Pressdown
55x25
66x20
77x15
22x100

Chest-Supported Row
45,70,95x12
120x8
135x6

Reverse Pec Deck
80,130x6
170x14 PR
180 2x10 PR

Push-ups

That’s a good little combo preworkout, Trest with Carnitine ( Power with Endurance ).
You’ll be hitting PRs every week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My condolences to your wife and her family. Everything looking good in here otherwise, except of course the deep freeze issue.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
5/4/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Widegrip Bench
45x15

Low Incline DB Press
60,70x25
80x17
90x13

Cable Bar Pressdown
55x25
66x20
77x15
22x100

Chest-Supported Row
45,70,95x12
120x8
135x6

Reverse Pec Deck
80,130x6
170x14 PR
180 2x10 PR

Push-ups

I miss trest. Only ever got my hands on Olympus labs TD stuff but I remember the workouts and pumps were insane. Also loved the manic energy.

Sorry to hear about your wife’s grand dad mate.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condolences to you and yours.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone!

Got bloodwork results yesterday. Big takeaways:

-CBC numbers all identical to a month ago. Hematocrit, RBC, Hemoglobin all stayed settled at very top of ideal range (50, 5.65, 17.1 respectively) & platelets hanging right at 320 - no progression in any of them, so 180 test e & 120 primo e seems like a very sustainable longterm cruise strategy for me, no donation necessary.
-HDL only up 2 points to 37, so it basically just hangs 35-40.
-LDL down a massive ~18%, from 102 down to 84. Continuing with 5mg Ezetimibe & 10mg GW0742 along with removing any eggs from diet, and probably less fast food, were the drivers here.
-Fasting glucose has always been 90-95 for the last 11 years, but it was 86 thanks to a coupes months of GW. Never seen it that low, except for actual extended fasts of course.
-Thyroid stimulating hormone down from 2.9 at end of last bulk phase to 2.1, so it’s obvious my metabolism has caught up positively since backing off the calories and dropping a few lbs over the cruise.
-Everything healthy to proceed.

My diet over the last 2 months has gotten a lot more stable. It’s a lot of ground 93/7 meat & rice, some chicken breast & bottom round steak, some protein powder, dates & pomegranate juice daily, with probably 80% uniformity consistency. Simple, but I feel it’s been an important part of recovery for training progression while managing cholesterol better.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My diet over the last 2 months has gotten a lot more stable. It’s a lot of ground 93/7 meat & rice, some chicken breast & bottom round steak, some protein powder, dates & pomegranate juice daily, with probably 80% uniformity consistency. Simple, but I feel it’s been an important part of recovery for training progression while managing cholesterol better.
That was gonna be my next question (diet). It definitely seems like it's a lot easier for me to maintain a great 80/20 approach when I do all my meal prep on Sunday for the week. Then Fri/Sat if my wife wants to go out I can really go ham on some burgers and fries and not have any negative consequences.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yep, food prep and logging and tracking your diet, keeps you honest.
Plus it's a hell of a lot easier to log/track if you figure your macros for the week on Sunday.
It's easier for me to add in some carbs or pro on a given day during the week if I need it when I already know what I'm having.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Plus it's a hell of a lot easier to log/track if you figure your macros for the week on Sunday.
It's easier for me to add in some carbs or pro on a given day during the week if I need it when I already know what I'm having.
Man I’m eating nearly 4k calories average a day; I prep food about every other day. I’ve cooked ~15lbs of meat for my family over the last 5 days, 2/3 of which goes to me. Generally making a pot of rice eod, grilling once a week, sweet potatoes a couple times. And I kinda throw what I want on top of that whenever I want it.

It’s not really an issue of tracking macros when my needs are this high; it’s just about getting the fuel in.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man I’m eating nearly 4k calories average a day; I prep food about every other day. I’ve cooked ~15lbs of meat for my family over the last 5 days, 2/3 of which goes to me. Generally making a pot of rice eod, grilling once a week, sweet potatoes a couple times. And I kinda throw what I want on top of that whenever I want it.

It’s not really an issue of tracking macros when my needs are this high; it’s just about getting the fuel in.
Feeding those 600+ lbs squats takes those calories….gotta feed the bear.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Condolences brother. That’s a lot to carry, even for a beastly dude like you. It pains me the most to see my better half suffer, and I imagine that rings true for you as well.

And then there’s them talapia burps!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Really good stuff on the bloods front. Do you get hgb A1C, the 90 day avg of blood sugar? That’s the best overall measure for blood sugars.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really good stuff on the bloods front. Do you get hgb A1C, the 90 day avg of blood sugar? That’s the best overall measure for blood sugars.
Historically I never have because my fasted glucose has always stayed between 89-95 at worst, but I did recently at end of last blast actually since it was affordable with Ulta out of curiosity, and it was great.

My family genetically doesn’t have diabetes; all my dad’s side is obese and nobody becomes diabetic. I think I would need to abuse GH pretty hard to become diabetic, and I don’t use it since it’s not a power drug and cancer does run in my family.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/5/22
BW 248.6

6 min cycle
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges
Bodyweight Squats

Dynamic Boxsquat, Powerbar
45 2x5
+average bands
45,135x3
185,225x2
275 6x2 -60 sec rests

Dynamic Deadlift, Deadlift bar
135,225x1
315 10x1 -30 sec rests

May not look like much, but it took every ounce of resolve I had to get through. Muscles & knee still wrecked from Monday, back & hams locked up from being on the road yesterday, exhausted despite lots of sleep, forearm screaming from my left elbow issue even wrapped up in tape. Just a lot of pain. Made the decision to just gut out the speed work; maybe tomorrow I’ll do a few accessories in the garage on lunch, maybe not.

The final sets of squat and all the sets of deads did move really well, thankfully.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5/22
BW 248.6

6 min cycle
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges
Bodyweight Squats

Dynamic Boxsquat, Powerbar
45 2x5
+average bands
45,135x3
185,225x2
275 6x2 -60 sec rests

Dynamic Deadlift, Deadlift bar
135,225x1
315 10x1 -30 sec rests

May not look like much, but it took every ounce of resolve I had to get through. Muscles & knee still wrecked from Monday, back & hams locked up from being on the road yesterday, exhausted despite lots of sleep, forearm screaming from my left elbow issue even wrapped up in tape. Just a lot of pain. Made the decision to just gut out the speed work; maybe tomorrow I’ll do a few accessories in the garage on lunch, maybe not.

The final sets of squat and all the sets of deads did move really well, thankfully.
Bands on the dynamic deads or just straight speed pulls?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep, food prep and logging and tracking your diet, keeps you honest.
I know it does fore me

Very Good Point

Feeding those 600+ lbs squats takes those calories….gotta feed the bear.
Funny because it's true !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bands on the dynamic deads or just straight speed pulls?
Virtually always straight weight. I just put 60% on and got the practice in over a couple songs. I find bands kinda change the groove, and dicking with chains add a lot of time to what should be a very fast section of the workout. They’re fun and can help build extra grip, but last night needed to be over before it even started.

Today’s grip work:

Gripper Work:
Warmup x11
#2 5x6
#3 x1 attempt + a 3-sec negative

Rolling Thunder Deadlift
31, 56, 81, 91x5
96,101,106x1

Swissbar Hammercurls
45x15
65x12
85 2x8

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Signed up for a warmup meet 4 weeks from now on Sunday, June 5th, just a couple hours away. No weight cut; just rolling in at whatever I weigh in the Open 275 Raw class to set a current baseline before doing another comp about 15-18 weeks from now at end of blast.

The gym is supposed to be air conditioned, a full 60 lifter meet, and they said they’ll be using the new Kabuki bars for all 3 lifts - should be a cushy way to knock the dust off

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Signed up for a warmup meet 4 weeks from now on Sunday, June 5th, just a couple hours away. No weight cut; just rolling in at whatever I weigh in the Open 275 Raw class to set a current baseline before doing another comp about 15-18 weeks from now at end of blast.

The gym is supposed to be air conditioned, a full 60 lifter meet, and they said they’ll be using the new Kabuki bars for all 3 lifts - should be a cushy way to knock the dust off
Those Kabuki’s are the Cadillac of power bars….really nice. Maybe you can shoot some videos for the fan base. 😎

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Sounds like fun, good luck!